cooljammy18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By cooljammy18

@reikai said:

Point: Sheogorath is trolling around Tamriel since the Champion of Cyrodil actually became Sheogorath at the end of TES4. So Sheogorath actually has a full-on manifestation on Nirn as opposed to all the other Daedra. Though even Sanguine had an avatar when he appeared as Sam in a bar, and gets the Dovahkiin so plastered he somehow moved to the other side of the map, in Markarth, and wakes up in the Temple of Dibella. There are active Daedric Princes manifest in Tamriel.

@cooljammy18 said:
@decaf_wizard said:

@cooljammy18: OP assumes everybody is working together. Amulet of Kings would be busted and any one of the princes who is willing could be summoned

No, when Martin busted the Amulet the effect was put in place permanently after he defeated Dagon. The only way a Prince could be summoned is on a specific date or if something pertaining to their sphere is strong enough for them to do so. Even then, the most you would get is some form of them that's nowhere near as powerful as they really are and would get nuked Plus, OP made no mentions of Daedra being on the same terms as the mortals on Nirn. Why would they aid them when the BoS pose no threat to them? The only ones I see are the more benevolent types like Meridia and Azura, but even then I don't see themselves being simply summoned for the sole purpose of fighting. They would just send the lesser daedra to do their work.

Doesn't matter regardless, the lesser daedra would just get vaporized.

I know your post was directed at me so I just wanted to highlight that. My point still stands, Daedra can't willingly invade or manifest themselves Nirn with a good chunk of their power like they used to during the Dawn and Merethic Era because of the effect of the Amulet of Kings and permanently because of the end of Oblivion. Only exception is if they are "invited" or summoned through a special ritual, or if a concept they embodied on Nirn is strong enough for them to do so for example: Hircine's Bloodmoon, offering of a Daughter of Coldharbour to Molag Bal, debauchery and partying attracting Sanguine, mortal dreams attracting Vaermina, etc. Sheogorath is an exception because of him being mantled by a Nirn being, but even then he doesn't have full power in Mundus. Yes, they're still a grave threat to regular mortals even in Mundus, but they can't just nonchalantly pop up and rekt everything like in the Dawn Era or Oblivion Crisis. That's basically what I'm getting at. I'm not talking about Lesser Daedra, who could be summoned by experienced mages, I mean the actual Princes themselves.

Again, Tamriel can win if the top tiers get together and do work. The factions like the Stormcloaks, Legion, Companions and such are going to get fodderized. Fans need to stop kidding themselves here, the Brotherhood is going to stomp their way through a lot of people and groups until the top dogs like Psjiic Order, Mages Guild, Dragons, Dragonborn, Nerevarine, Sword Singers (if they're still around) Daedra worshippers, Volkihar Vampires and such get involved.

SladeWilstomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By SladeWilstomp

@i_like_swords: You argument is just based of the assumption that 1 spell is going to take out an entire battalion of soldiers who are spitting lead faster then they can flick their hands.

A wave of lighting around a battlefield has more range then a gun? Wow you have absolutely no knowledge of ballistics what so ever. No wonder your siding with nerdy magic. No lightning at a specific area of battlefield has crap for range. A bullet from a large caliber can travel farther then 2 miles and still be in effective range. Nothing tamerial mages has that kind of range. Nor the kind of armor to protect them from bullets.

In fact a mini nuke would take out more people then lightning considering its blast is more instantaneous.

Plus X01, t51, and t60 power armor amps strength and speed. Not to mention its insulated from the user to protect him from bullets, lasers, plasma, radiation, and shown from the fallout 4 lightning storms electricity.

This is the entire brotherhood. Meaning all sections even ones not currently visited. Tamerial troops may out number them but for every troop, summon, creature or mage they have a single bullet in a 500 round drum mag.

Your tamerial argument is basically the same as "the brotherhood have big guns" you've used literally magic for the whole argument just through in the word versatile to mix it up. The point is missiles, nukes and bullets are gonna shred through everything living. They're not prepared for that.

Have you played fallout 4? They have ammo to spare, hell they give it out. It's only the western brotherhood in new Vegas that was in short supply. The main chapters in the eastern side have countless bullets, mini nukes, veribirds, and power armor. So sorry champ not gonna fly.

To most of them use swords or close range weapons. Besides the brother hood has motion sensors and thermal in their suits, and modernised military training. They have stealth boys and mines. Siege weaponary and any summon or barrier is gonna fall to missiles.

Fatmans aren't that rare. The brotherhood had one for almost every Knight and paydwen had training set up for them. Not to mention the stockade held by super mutants in a fort.

Power armor uses power cores which canonly last for hours in most suits. Xo1 even longer. They also keep some on them if needed. And swords and warriors aren't dent armor that deflects bullets, plasma, and missiles.

Illusion and alteration magic only works on an enemy at close range. To bad mages are gonna get a face full of lead before they can cast it. Hell one virtabird with a mini gun would mow their base or fort down.

Even smaller sized troops with lazer pistols will kill alot. Plasma and lasers burn and intense heat that'll melt through any armor and move at speeds to fast for even mages to react too.

That last paragraph is the pot calling the kettle black. All your argument is "mages, mages, mages, magic magic magic". That's literally it. It's also coming from someone who has no knowledge of ballistics and is trying to put reason and logic behind magic. Uh OK.

Reflect on my own thinking before Attacking someone else's? You can't say that. Your the one who messaged me! I posted one small message and you attacked me with this bs.

But fine argue with someone else I guess I'm done. But just because someone disagrees with doesn't mean that don't make valid points. I made plenty and you deny it.

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cooljammy18: Sheogorath not bulldozing down Nirn isn't because he lacks the ability. It's because he doesn't want to. Not all of the Princes have the same goal. Only Molag Bal and Mehrunes Dagon seem really intent on ruining everyone crap.

The thing with the Oblivion event was to seal the way permanently so the Daedra couldn't affect the world ever again. But this wasn't permanent. It diminished their influence, not erased it, and in cases never stopped it. As it was said in the TES novels; "There are loopholes, even if there are no loops." Basically saying there are always ways around the Divine's decree, regardless of how absolute it's supposed to be.

The Princes still have influence, their artifacts still have power and are under their control, and can still manifest under the right conditions. And Sheogorath can do so whenever he feels like. The only real reason why none of them can directly fudge over Nirn is because all of the Divines are constantly barring against this. That's 8 multiversal beings.

cooljammy18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reikai: That's essentially what I meant about the "loopholes" they can find. What I mentioned before is basically the same thing, them getting around the Luminal Barrier to mess wit Nirn is exactly that. Even when they managed to do so, they're not near their full power and are very limited in what they could do. Remember when the Tribunal would openly defy the Daedric Princes during their prime? What did Sheogorath do? He chuck a meteor floating in Oblivion towards Morrowind only for Vivec to troll him back. If this is the extent of his strength in Mundus then it goes with my point.

Don't see how much help those artifacts will do because most would have a tough time even getting near the BoS to properly use them. I only see the top tiers taking it.

Just_Banter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Said once and i'll say it again. Psijic order and the Greybeards could both solo.

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cooljammy18: Actually, he did it just to dick around with them. And Vivec could only suspend it. He couldn't get rid of it. And what ultimately happened was, after he died, the spell lost power and the moon crashed into the city of Vivec and devastated everything, causing the continuous eruption of Red Mountain. And remember, that was long before Sheogorath had an actual manifestation in the world when the Champion of Cyrodil became Sheogorath.

Sheo wasn't even serious. He did it for kicks. The only one actually mad at the Tribunal was Azura, and she already punished them and their followers by turning them all into the Dunmer. Another thing to watch out for since Princes are known for transforming whole peoples into new species. Just as Azura had done before by turning ancient Bosmer into the Khajiit. Or when Boethiah consumed Trinimac and turned him into Malacath, and transformed all his followers into Orsimer (Orcs).

And that's another thing. For a bunch of deities "not at their full power", they could still royally screw with everyone, despite the Dragon Fires of the Divines.

Don_Sevour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll say BOS. Just more impressive to me as a whole. Plus guns>swords.

cooljammy18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By cooljammy18

@reikai said:

@cooljammy18: Actually, he did it just to dick around with them. And Vivec could only suspend it. He couldn't get rid of it. And what ultimately happened was, after he died, the spell lost power and the moon crashed into the city of Vivec and devastated everything, causing the continuous eruption of Red Mountain. And remember, that was long before Sheogorath had an actual manifestation in the world when the Champion of Cyrodil became Sheogorath.

Sheo wasn't even serious. He did it for kicks. The only one actually mad at the Tribunal was Azura, and she already punished them and their followers by turning them all into the Dunmer. Another thing to watch out for since Princes are known for transforming whole peoples into new species. Just as Azura had done before by turning ancient Bosmer into the Khajiit. Or when Boethiah consumed Trinimac and turned him into Malacath, and transformed all his followers into Orsimer (Orcs).

And that's another thing. For a bunch of deities "not at their full power", they could still royally screw with everyone, despite the Dragon Fires of the Divines.

Of course, they're still a dangerous threat to normal mortals because of their power and influence, again I've already acknowledged. I just don't see how they would be much of a threat against the BoS here because they really can't do much.

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cooljammy18: ...'normal' mortals? Pretty much everyone they've screwed with have been clusters of people with the ability to use magic and have been responsible for any number of things. You don't seem to have any grasp of the TES-verse do you?

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: I cannot see a single post made by you. They're all completely invisible. I can only see people mentioning your name.

cooljammy18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By cooljammy18

@reikai said:@cooljammy18: ...'normal' mortals? Pretty much everyone they've screwed with have been clusters of people with the ability to use magic and have been responsible for any number of things. You don't seem to have any grasp of the TES-verse do you?

What's with the condescension all of the sudden?

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reikai: That's essentially what I meant about the "loopholes" they can find. What I mentioned before is basically the same thing, them getting around the Luminal Barrier to mess wit Nirn is exactly that. Even when they managed to do so, they're not near their full power and are very limited in what they could do. Remember when the Tribunal would openly defy the Daedric Princes during their prime? What did Sheogorath do? He chuck a meteor floating in Oblivion towards Morrowind only for Vivec to troll him back. If this is the extent of his strength in Mundus then it goes with my point.

Don't see how much help those artifacts will do because most would have a tough time even getting near the BoS to properly use them. I only see the top tiers taking it.

The Wabbajack can clear anything in its path and the skeleton key could help them to shut down all BOS equipment when the BOS are resting or if they get snuck upon because I don't see it as one big all out war

cooljammy18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725: Well, the Wabbajack is completely random so I'm not sure how practical its use in combat. True for the skeleton key. I imagine a stealth units consisting of Nightingales utilizing illusion magic to conduct unconventional warfare.

Btw, if we're using all of the BOS like the OP said, I don't see how this isn't an all out warfare.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: Thanks man! I got scared there, thinking you got banned or something.

Avatar image for dragonborntookanarrowtotheknee
DragonBornTookAnArrowToTheKnee789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: ESO has changed things in the Elder Scrolls series lore, I think using lore from the main games would be better then showing ESO footage which stuffs up with the canon a lot.

Avatar image for dragonborntookanarrowtotheknee
DragonBornTookAnArrowToTheKnee789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: Alduin at full power can eat Kalpa's, Numidium is on a whole other level and would decimate both sides.