• 61 results
Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Pokergeist

Imperium has Aspetus Astartes (All Founding Chapters and Second Founding Chapters) (also there SM Fleets), Sisters of Battle, Adeptus Mechanicus, Titan Legions, Imperial Guard (Cadians, Armeggeddon Steel Legion, Catachan, and Death Krieg), and Imperial Navy, and Inquisition (Grey Knights and Deathwatch).  

Versus  

The entire Borg Empire. 

No Caption Provided

Space Marines 
No Caption Provided

Imperial Guard 

No Caption Provided

Sisters of Battle
No Caption Provided

Titans 

Ect... 

VS 

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Who wins? 

PS I added only the First and Second Founding Chapters as well as 4 Imperial Guard Worlds that are the most famous to keep it from being a total Stomp if it turns out to be.....
Baldy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Baldy

Hmmm.... A lot to consider. I wonder what effect the warp would have on the Borg.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Pokergeist
@Baldy
Wow thats a great question. I dont htink it would to great a degree. Example is the Borg like Necrons can negate the Warp either by hampering it or completly. I think the Borg might Negate some Warp Powers but the Warp can generate more Energy Effects than any Fedaration Phaser. 

A bogger question is what effect due Explosive Bolter Shells work on Borgs lol. Or a Power Fist!
Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Pokergeist
No Caption Provided
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By AtPhantom

The warp would probably wreak havoc with the Borg. But I don't think it'll be that major an issue the Imperium doesn't have that many warp based weapons. Their normal weapons could probably be enough.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Pokergeist
@AtPhantom said:

The warp would probably wreak havoc with the Borg. But I don't think it'll be that major an issue the Imperium doesn't have that many warp based weapons. Their normal weapons could probably be enough.

Only the small small portion of Sanction Psykers (who cares they kill themselves more often LOL) and Librariuns. The only real Warp threat would be Grey Knights that I added but  thats only a chapter of 1000 and thats all. 

Honestly Im banking on the Adeptus Mechanus more than anything as they have to a degree figuered out Necron Tech which in some cases alot more advance than Borg. They be the ones to help adapt to there ... well ... adapting...
Baldy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Baldy

Can the Borg assimilate Imperium tech? The Machine God could pose a problem, assuming such a thing exists I mean... Oh god... don't burn me for heresy! All hail the Emperor!!

...whew...

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Pokergeist
@Baldy said:

Can the Borg assimilate Imperium tech? The Machine God could pose a problem, assuming such a thing exists I mean... Oh god... don't burn me for heresy! All hail the Emperor!!

...whew...

Thats another great one. I say yes they can assimalate its tech. The Void Dragon sort of shed primitive light on tech for the Imperium. Lets face it Necrons are still LEAGUES ahead of Imperial Tech. Even Tau are more Advance in certain areas. Eldar are the Experts on Warp Tech. Imperium sort dabbles in everything but hinders itself with Dogma.  

So I say yes it can Assimailate its Tech. But could a Borg assimilate and become imunne to physical Blunt Trauma like a Thunder Hamer? I seee them assimilating Energy only. Lasers, Power Weapon Fields, Warp to a degree... but a Space Marine Bolter Shell is Physical. It should tear them up still as would Cyclonic Planet Killer Torpedos. I think thats the main edge for Imperium verse SW or ST weapons.
Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Pokergeist

BUMP

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#10  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

Arnt the Borg just Necron lite?

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Pokergeist
@spiderbat87 said:

Arnt the Borg just Necron lite?

Yes and no.  

Necrons ARE the Masters of the Physical Universe. There Weapons are and always will be better than what the Borg have. Simply becuase they have the Star Gods who are the masters of the Physical Universe in there pockets. They have a device that can Erase enitre Star Systems. Erase them from Existance!!! 

Oh but how does the anyone beat them!? Im sure your going to ask as ya should. Well in 40K we have the Physical Universe and then we have the bigger threat the Warp.The Chaos Gods are immune to the Necs and Star Gods crap but the same cant be said of the Star Gods.  

So the Warp is there Weakness. The Forces of Chaos, Imperium of Man, Space Marines and Eldar all are Warp heavy Races. They can and have beaten Necs. Necs can also be beaten by Technology as well as the Tau and Imperium held its ownwith High Tech but still Primitive in Design Weapons. 

Example a Broze poor craftsmanship Sword is nowhere near as effecient or elegant as a Samurai Sword but it will still kill you. 

Also Necrons dont belive in Life... at all. They Exterminate it at every corner. They Despise it as a weakness cuase before they went Machine they were short live species.
Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Pokergeist

Bump
lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By lady_liberty

The Imperium.

Almost entirely because of the Space Marines.

There are enough other forces to keep the Borg tied up on the ground, and probably even win, but the main battle is going to be fought and won by the Grey Knights, and First Companies in space. The reasons why are simple.

Teleportation

In the Star Trek universe 'Transporters' work entirely differently then teleporting in the 40k Universe. In 40k you go into the warp, and come back out somewhere else, that's how teleportation works. The Borg have zero methods to defend against this.

Squads of Terminators and Grey Knights are going to be teleporting into their cubes, and in those close confines there will not be much the Borg can do about it, because Terminators and Grey Knights will rip them apart in such a short range battle.

Tactics The Borg were only moderately successful against the Federation, who's idea of 'advanced tactics' is duck behind something and shoot your phaser. The Imperial Guard alone are superior tactically on the squad level, and the Sisters are far above them. The Space Marines? Lead by geniuses who live and breath war every single day of their lives and can have centuries of experience they will make the Borg look like simple minded children.

Will to Win The Borg couldn't even take out the Federation, lead by mercy-full, soft intellectuals who's idea of a 'hard day' was sitting in a chair though a space battle.

Facing the Imperium of Mankind, where suicidal bravery is expected and demanded from every single person in the Guard? Against a people who are raised in brutal conditions where life worthless, and taught every day of their lives that to die for the God Emperor is the greatest glory?

The Borg have never faced anyone like this. The Space Marines and Sisters will die to the last before even considering surrender, and the Guard will do so as long as Commissars are around. In the case of the Death Korps, even after that.

The Borg are going to lose the battle on the ground, but what is going to cost them the fight is the rate of losses Teleportation causes in their Cubes. They just cannot adapt to the Warp, or assault, or suicidal bravery fast enough to save themselves.

cliffrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By cliffrice

Its silly to say that they "Cant" do anything because there is no equvilant/ The borg have the combined tech of thousands of species and quickly adapt. All those points about fighting spirit and tactics are good. But your argument of "They just cant adapt" isnt convincing. Can you say why they couldnt learn about the warp? There are many godlike beings in the Trek universe that the borg are probably aware of (Trelane, Apollo, Q,) So its not out of the question that the borg are aware of abstract powers, Besides they can time travel, SO if the Shit hits the fan to much thats a tactic they can and have used.

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By lady_liberty

@cliffrice: I said they couldn't learn about it, or adapt to it fast enough, which is true.

And the combined tech of thousands of species hasn't got them very far against the Federation, how much more difficult is it to adapt to the chaotic powers of another dimension that defies all logic and reason?

They -might- could do it, but not anywhere in enough time to save themselves. They literally face a rapid extermination here, every single effort that can be expended to buy time must be, because otherwise they are going to be wiped out swiftly.

This time the Borg are actually fighting people that are good at combat.

DedmanWalkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By DedmanWalkin

They haven't really tried to take down the Federation because they really don't care. Earth is thousands of lightyears away and of no consequence to them. Both times, the Borg were defeated with aid from the Borg. At no point did the Federation ever defeat the Borg, it has always been the Queen's hubris.

You forget that while the warp is unknown to the Borg so to is Transporter technology unknown to the Imperium. After realizing that Imperium troops are covered in body armor they can't get through they will just start beaming them out of that armor and assimilating them. Since Transporters can remove weapons and any tech they so desire, the Space Marines will tell them everything they need to know to counter this strategy. A ground battle is even worse for you as they can transport behind enemy lines and into their vehicles and pretty much completely invalidate any fortifications, supply lines, or defensive lines.

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By AtPhantom

@DedmanWalkin said:

You forget that while the warp is unknown to the Borg so to is Transporter technology unknown to the Imperium. After realizing that Imperium troops are covered in body armor they can't get through they will just start beaming them out of that armor and assimilating them. Since Transporters can remove weapons and any tech they so desire, the Space Marines will tell them everything they need to know to counter this strategy. A ground battle is even worse for you as they can transport behind enemy lines and into their vehicles and pretty much completely invalidate any fortifications, supply lines, or defensive lines.

Uh, Imperium has teleporters. And shields.

DedmanWalkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By DedmanWalkin

The way in which Lady Liberty describes it, their teleportation works through completely different means. Also, the Borg would only need to modify their warp field to counter it.

The Rosarius and Refractor Field work only against physical attacks and laser/plasma weapons. Void shields only work against projectiles while Gellar Fields only create "real-space" bubbles. None of these shields would do anything against Borg Transporter technology which laughs at shields anyways. They will be capable of taking any and all people right out of their power armor, vehicle, or even ships. Unless you can show me something that could stand up to Borg Transporters, they will just assimilate Imperium Fleets and pull Imperium troops right of their armors and vehicles.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#19  Edited By Strider1992

Are you including special characters and pre-heresy chapters?

cyberninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#20  Edited By cyberninja

The borg win.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Strider1992

@Lady_Liberty said:

Will to Win The Borg couldn't even take out the Federation, lead by mercy-full, soft intellectuals who's idea of a 'hard day' was sitting in a chair though a space battle.

Facing the Imperium of Mankind, where suicidal bravery is expected and demanded from every single person in the Guard? Against a people who are raised in brutal conditions where life worthless, and taught every day of their lives that to die for the God Emperor is the greatest glory?

The Borg have never faced anyone like this. The Space Marines and Sisters will die to the last before even considering surrender, and the Guard will do so as long as Commissars are around. In the case of the Death Korps, even after that.

The Borg are going to lose the battle on the ground, but what is going to cost them the fight is the rate of losses Teleportation causes in their Cubes. They just cannot adapt to the Warp, or assault, or suicidal bravery fast enough to save themselves.

Space Marines are basically the poster children for bravery! "And they shall know no fear!" Are they actually emotionally capable of experiencing fear or is that taken on by the procedure? I don't remember it happening in the procedure so either it is and I missed that part of they are just that well trained.

ChaosMarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By ChaosMarvel

Grey Knights could potentially solo if there's 1000 of them. It only took 100 to open up a warp rift strong enough to suck in a Primarch and Primarch's actually have warp resistance. If 1000 of them Deep Struck anywhere near the Borg fleet they could open up another (much bigger) Warp rift and sit back and watch as the Borg are sucked in the Borg would be unable to resist as well as they have no Warp resistance.

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By AtPhantom

@DedmanWalkin said:

The way in which Lady Liberty describes it, their teleportation works through completely different means. Also, the Borg would only need to modify their warp field to counter it.

The Rosarius and Refractor Field work only against physical attacks and laser/plasma weapons. Void shields only work against projectiles while Gellar Fields only create "real-space" bubbles. None of these shields would do anything against Borg Transporter technology which laughs at shields anyways. They will be capable of taking any and all people right out of their power armor, vehicle, or even ships. Unless you can show me something that could stand up to Borg Transporters, they will just assimilate Imperium Fleets and pull Imperium troops right of their armors and vehicles.

Why wouldn't they? ST teleporters are blocked by a multitude of phenomena, many of which are pretty low level. Hell, they're blocked by EM fields too weak to even cause discomfort in humans. Why wouldn't something that's for all intents and purposes a dimensional barrier do the same?

Baldy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Baldy

@AtPhantom said:

@DedmanWalkin said:

Why wouldn't they? ST teleporters are blocked by a multitude of phenomena, many of which are pretty low level. Hell, they're blocked by EM fields too weak to even cause discomfort in humans. Why wouldn't something that's for all intents and purposes a dimensional barrier do the same?

Borg have better transporters than the Federation. They have been shown to work through shields.

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By AtPhantom

@Baldy: Have they? I don't recall any occasions.

Baldy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Baldy

@AtPhantom said:

@Baldy: Have they? I don't recall any occasions.

Pretty sure it happened in the episode "Q Who".

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By AtPhantom

@Baldy: I just checked and you're right. I'm not really sure if that's just a fluke or not though. In First Contact the writers had to make a point of how their shields have failed after traveling through time in order to get the Borg aboard.

Still, beaming through shields isn't impossible for Federation transporters either. This does not imply a quantum leap in technology.

Baldy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Baldy

@AtPhantom said:

@Baldy: I just checked and you're right. I'm not really sure if that's just a fluke or not though. In First Contact the writers had to make a point of how their shields have failed after traveling through time in order to get the Borg aboard.

Still, beaming through shields isn't impossible for Federation transporters either. This does not imply a quantum leap in technology.

Meh. Star Trek isn't exactly the most consistent series. Hell, in Voyager they make the claim that you can't turn at warp speed, which is blatantly untrue.

Could have been a fluke/inconsistency. The entire point of "Q Who" after all was pretty much to show that the Borg are unstoppable, they seem to get weaker every time they appear.

cliffrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By cliffrice

yep the borg are like an unstoppable tsunami all they need to do is assimilate one dude that understands the warp and they would know how to counter it or even use it.

Primarch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Primarch

@Strider92 said:

Are you including special characters and pre-heresy chapters?

I wouldn't think so, since the pre-heresy chapters would have been Legions. I believe Cadence intends this to the Imperium of the 41st millennium as opposed to the Heresy era.

@cliffrice said:

yep the borg are like an unstoppable tsunami all they need to do is assimilate one dude that understands the warp and they would know how to counter it or even use it.

Good luck finding someone who understands the warp. The Imperium has been in technological stagnation for more then centuries and they've attached dogma and tradition to everything. They don't understand a very large amount of their tech, the best of which was developed thousands of years ago. They just know how to replicate & jury-rig it.

The Borg will be tactically outmoved at every turn, as someone mentioned earlier, in this way they'll be against people who are actually good at strategy & war. Dogma or not, machine spirits cause weapons and vehicles to shut down if not properly tended too. The Imperium of Man is the most hateful, ferocious, tenacious thing they'll have ever come across, forget Darth Sidious and the Empire, these guys are far worst.

This is going to be a lot like the Borg's war against species 8472. They'll do more damage then they did in that war, but it'll end much the same.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Strider1992

@Primarch: I would have thought so too but he did saying founding chapters in the OP. So I was just double checking he wasn't referring to the fallen chapters as well.

Primarch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Primarch

@Strider92 said:

@Primarch: I would have thought so too but he did saying founding chapters in the OP. So I was just double checking he wasn't referring to the fallen chapters as well.

Yeah, founding chapters, not legions. They were all Legions pre-heresy.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Strider1992

@Primarch: Ah yeah /facepalm

DedmanWalkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By DedmanWalkin

The Borg only need to assimilate one piece of Warp technology to be able to counter it fully. A couple Warp incursions would give them all they need to counter it partially as Borg sensors are incredibly good.

Again, Transporters render all Imperium forces pretty much useless as they can just remove all of their soldiers. All the Imperium will have done is make the Borg slightly stronger.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Pokergeist

@Strider92: The Whole Imperium.

@cyberninja said:

The borg win.

Wow.... very compelling....

@DedmanWalkin said:

So what is there Answere to Warp users? Warp users Reality Warp. Borg Tech and Science cant counter that.... at alll. Unless they have Nulls.... which they dont. Only Necrons have shwon any sucess to Warp users and even then they lost the War.

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By lady_liberty

@DedmanWalkin said:

The Borg only need to assimilate one piece of Warp technology to be able to counter it fully. A couple Warp incursions would give them all they need to counter it partially as Borg sensors are incredibly good.

Not even hardly. The Warp defies all logic and understanding, because its laws of physics are in a state of constant flux, dictated by the whims of its insane gods. It cannot be understood, and 'sensors' would be useless against it because any information you get is meaningless.

Again, Transporters render all Imperium forces pretty much useless as they can just remove all of their soldiers. All the Imperium will have done is make the Borg slightly stronger.

Transporters have been shown to fail because of mild interfearance from many things. The Borg only have one transporting though shields feat that I know of, but the rest of the time transporters are not very reliable at all. The perponderance of force-fields in impieral forces, as well as psykers who alter the laws of physics by just existing will render transporting a very unreliable tool

@DedmanWalkin said:

They haven't really tried to take down the Federation because they really don't care. Earth is thousands of lightyears away and of no consequence to them. Both times, the Borg were defeated with aid from the Borg. At no point did the Federation ever defeat the Borg, it has always been the Queen's hubris.

So they can't defeat the Federation because they lack the will, have leaders blinded by pride, and someone on their team always betrays them?

That.. does not sound like a good start when it comes to fighting the Imperium of Mankind. You really really need your game face for this.

You forget that while the warp is unknown to the Borg so to is Transporter technology unknown to the Imperium.

All of the races the Imperium fights have technology unknown to them, and its heresy punishable by death to even try to understand it. Many of the races the Imperium faces have far more effective technology as well.

After realizing that Imperium troops are covered in body armor they can't get through they will just start beaming them out of that armor and assimilating them.

Why not just shoot them? I mean if they want to try and expend that much effort and energy against a force this size, alright then. They are tactically foolish, and completely inept at combat, so perhaps they would do something so wasteful and stupid.

Since Transporters can remove weapons and any tech they so desire, the Space Marines will tell them everything they need to know to counter this strategy.

The Space Marines will tell them 'DIE YOU XENOS FILTH' and that's about it. I'm not sure how you are going to get useful tech information from them anyway, because the people of 40k think their technology is driven by the 'Machine Spirit', and have no idea how it actually works.

A ground battle is even worse for you as they can transport behind enemy lines and into their vehicles and pretty much completely invalidate any fortifications, supply lines, or defensive lines.

Big deal? I mean so what? Every time you get Borg anywhere near the forces of the Imperium you are going to lose Borg. They cannot stand in close combat with pretty much anything in this battle. The Borg aren't going to lose because of supply lines, or fortifications, or defensive lines, they are going to lose because they will get killed in great numbers every time they engage.

The Borg have never been shown facing anyone who had any actual skill or experience at warfare, ever, in their entire history. Now they are facing a people who have been in a state of constant war against every race in the galaxy, against a all devouring race from another galaxy, and the constant invasions of an entirely hostile dimension for 10,000 years.

Compared to that the Borg are not even a blip on the radar.

@Strider92: As far as I know the Space Marines cannot experience fear, unless it is caused by a supernatural force like a psyker or something.

DedmanWalkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By DedmanWalkin

Gellar Fields work by creating real-space bubbles that seems to negate the power of the Warp. The Warp Field works by creating a bubble around the ship by moving that mass into subspace. The Warp Field that comes standard on all Borg Cubes should be easily usable to negate the Warp. If the Warp were as chaotic as you claim, it would be useless as a travel medium and as such would be completely uncontrollable by anyone much less a bunch of religious zealots who have no idea how any of their own technology works. There would have to be some reason, some order, or something that could be quantified, analyzed, and manipulated.

The Federation specifically developed shields to counter most forms of Transporters in part because of the Borg and even then they aren't all that effective since the Dominion still found a way through them. The Imperium barely understand how their own tech works, so how are they to stop Borg transporters?

The Q can warp time and space on a galactic scale and they are scared of the Borg. To quote Q, "Do not provoke the Borg!" Are Psykers on the Q's level? From what I can tell, Psykers are simply telepaths/telekinetics which makes them a threat until they get beamed directly into an assimilation chamber and that psychic ability is added to the Borg. Show me some feats for Psykers. Telepathy will be as useless here as it is against the Necrons.

They haven't defeated the Federation because they don't care. They'll get to them eventually. The Queen likes messing with humans for funsies. The Borg do not generally shoot anyone, they seek assimilation above all else so transport is the easiest and most efficient means of attack. They didn't even try shooting 8472 and they couldn't even detect them to transport them. They'll assimilate them and their now vacant suits. If one stray nanoprobe can assimilate a 29th century piece of tech and extrapolate new technology based upon that technology then Imperium tech should be cake.

They won't need to engage any of the ground forces because they can transport directly into your vehicles and take control of them and transport all the men out of their mechs and power armors that can't be beamed into. They need never even raise a hand against the Imperium. Why do you think that ground battles hardly ever happen in Star Trek?

We have only ever seen the Borg face off against Federation and they didn't even care about them. Species 8472 was the only other race that we saw them face in detail and they only suffered losses because 8472 biology was more adaptable than they are. They have up until 8472 been able to completely annihilate every race they committed to taking down.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Pokergeist

@DedmanWalkin said:

Gellar Fields work by creating real-space bubbles that seems to negate the power of the Warp. The Warp Field works by creating a bubble around the ship by moving that mass into subspace. The Warp Field that comes standard on all Borg Cubes should be easily usable to negate the Warp. If the Warp were as chaotic as you claim, it would be useless as a travel medium and as such would be completely uncontrollable by anyone much less a bunch of religious zealots who have no idea how any of their own technology works. There would have to be some reason, some order, or something that could be quantified, analyzed, and manipulated.

The Warp cant be navigated without either a Navigator who senses Psychicly the calm spots or a Daemon who can make way thru it. Borg have neither and being all sciency can have niether.

The Federation specifically developed shields to counter most forms of Transporters in part because of the Borg and even then they aren't all that effective since the Dominion still found a way through them. The Imperium barely understand how their own tech works, so how are they to stop Borg transporters?

Easy cause Borg Transporters Suck like all the rest and only have one of a hundred feats to say otjerwise. Also the Tech Priest understand fully well how the Tech works, they just apply religion to it rather than hard cold science. Borg will never understand it.

The Q can warp time and space on a galactic scale and they are scared of the Borg. To quote Q, "Do not provoke the Borg!" Are Psykers on the Q's level? From what I can tell, Psykers are simply telepaths/telekinetics which makes them a threat until they get beamed directly into an assimilation chamber and that psychic ability is added to the Borg. Show me some feats for Psykers. Telepathy will be as useless here as it is against the Necrons.

Yeah Q afraid of the Borg so much he can wink them out of existance. I belive thats your argument on another thread of mine. Quite BSing.

They haven't defeated the Federation because they don't care. They'll get to them eventually. The Queen likes messing with humans for funsies. The Borg do not generally shoot anyone, they seek assimilation above all else so transport is the easiest and most efficient means of attack. They didn't even try shooting 8472 and they couldn't even detect them to transport them. They'll assimilate them and their now vacant suits. If one stray nanoprobe can assimilate a 29th century piece of tech and extrapolate new technology based upon that technology then Imperium tech should be cake.

Yet Jane Way and Picard and Data all made fools of the Borg time and again..... impressive....

They won't need to engage any of the ground forces because they can transport directly into your vehicles and take control of them and transport all the men out of their mechs and power armors that can't be beamed into. They need never even raise a hand against the Imperium. Why do you think that ground battles hardly ever happen in Star Trek?

When have they ever done that. Again making BS up as you go along. Not that it matters cause Klingons have physicaly match them I know a Space Marine will back hand a hoe.

We have only ever seen the Borg face off against Federation and they didn't even care about them. Species 8472 was the only other race that we saw them face in detail and they only suffered losses because 8472 biology was more adaptable than they are. They have up until 8472 been able to completely annihilate every race they committed to taking down.

Imperium face Nids and Orks. Both have unbelivable Adaptability as anything. Lets not forget Reality Warping Daemons. For real get out here with this nonsense. Also Rabbits is a race. Dogs is a race. They must had a hard time with them LOLOL

Wow your a huge Treky fan arnt ya? I mean 90% of the people here shoot holes in your arguments eyt you keep adding new BS ones. LOL.

cyberninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#39  Edited By cyberninja
@CadenceV2 said:

@cyberninja said:

The borg win.

Sorry, I will write essay next time. 
z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By z3ro180

@Baldy:

The Emporer is nouthing compered to Superman or Batman - HERESY

The Imperium is small compared to My inifinte knolege of the universe - EXTRA HERESY

The emporer sucks the big one - MEGA HERESY

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Pokergeist

@cyberninja said:

@CadenceV2 said:

@cyberninja said:

The borg win.

Sorry, I will write essay next time.

Thats better.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Pokergeist

@Z3RO180 said:

@Baldy:

The Emporer is nouthing compered to Superman or Batman - HERESY

The Imperium is small compared to My inifinte knolege of the universe - EXTRA HERESY

The emporer sucks the big one - MEGA HERESY

I agree with number 1 and 2. Number 3 is accurate as a Chaos Player the Emperor is puny before the Chaos Gods.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By z3ro180

@CadenceV2: lol i dount even play warhammer

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Pokergeist

@Z3RO180 said:

@CadenceV2: lol i dount even play warhammer

I can tell :)

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By z3ro180

@CadenceV2 said:

SOMETHING SOMETHING EMPRA

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Pokergeist

@Z3RO180 said:

@CadenceV2 said:

SOMETHING SOMETHING EMPRA

I think its "Foe Da Emprah" in ork

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By z3ro180

@CadenceV2: Pretty much means nuke the place and move on

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Pokergeist
No Caption Provided

Pretty Much

DedmanWalkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By DedmanWalkin

Psychics are not uncommon in Star Trek.There were several species in the Delta Quadrant that Voyager encountered that were psychic. Everything from Ocampa to Vulcans have latent psychic ability. It is suggested that all the Drones in Unimatrix Zero were all latent psychics. If psychic ability was all that it took then the Borg have that without any issue. So the second they assimilate one of those Space Marines and learn of the Warp they will use their psychics to figure it out. Heck, Captain Picard had all vestiges of his Borg Implants removed and was still able to

The Borg are highly religious, probably the most religious faction in all of Star Trek. Seven describes their search for perfection with such zeal that you would think she was getting a peak into the Holiest of Holies. If it is one thing they understand, it is religion. They even followed several religious accounts in their discovery of the Omega Molecule. Following the religious components of the Imperium would be cake.

That was a direct quote from a fully empowered Q in Q2. Explain to me what you think it means?

Data cannot be assimilated. The Queen loves playing with Picard as he was the first human to address her. She is the voice of trillions of people but she can't get any real conversation that she can't predict the outcome unless she plays with the unassimilated. Endgame showed us that the Borg can go to Earth any time they so desire, they could drop as many vessels as they wanted right in our solar system. She only sends a cube to earth when she gets bored. She isn't looking for victory, she is looking for someone to talk to. At no point did Picard ever beat her. Janeway only beat her once and she had to Time Travel to do it. The fact is that Borg have only ever been beaten by Species 8472.

The Borg adapt to the tactics of their foe. When the race that Arturis belonged to used their particle synthesis technology to hide from the Borg, they sent in hundreds of cubes to literally turn over ever rock to find them. This is something that we have never seen them do yet they did it to his race because it was the easiest for them. We have never seen them face off against a species that uses power armor so we can only speculate as to what tactics they would use but transporters are the easiest way for them to do it. Klingons do not match them physically, Worf was easily overwhelmed physically in First Contact and only won through plot armor. Seven of Nine is an average size woman and she was able to take on several larger opponents easily in her Tsunkatse matches thanks to her Borg enhancements.

Orks adaptable? All they do is dakka, dakka dakka dakka until the problem goes away. That is not adaptable that is stubbornness. I call PIS on them surviving the Tyranids. They are a super version of the Zerg just like the Imperium is a super version of the Terran and the only reason why the Zerg haven't consumed all of the universe is the Protoss. So I assume that the Eldar or Tau have been providing a distraction. The Borg only specifically target sentient species, so no dogs or rabbits.

I actually am a much bigger fan of Firefly and Starcraft then I am of Star Trek but so many people misunderstand it due to popular misconceptions. I do not like people making judgements based on misconceptions. But thanks for the ad hominem attacks, I always like to know when I am winning.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Pokergeist

@DedmanWalkin said:

Psychics are not uncommon in Star Trek.There were several species in the Delta Quadrant that Voyager encountered that were psychic. Everything from Ocampa to Vulcans have latent psychic ability. It is suggested that all the Drones in Unimatrix Zero were all latent psychics. If psychic ability was all that it took then the Borg have that without any issue. So the second they assimilate one of those Space Marines and learn of the Warp they will use their psychics to figure it out. Heck, Captain Picard had all vestiges of his Borg Implants removed and was still able to

Doubt it as the SMs have little to no understanding of the Warp as well. Also Borg Psykers dont draw on the Warp. If they did then they invite Daemons into there minds and ... wel imperium still wins. No Soul Binding for the Borg. They have no souls as far as I know.

The Borg are highly religious, probably the most religious faction in all of Star Trek. Seven describes their search for perfection with such zeal that you would think she was getting a peak into the Holiest of Holies. If it is one thing they understand, it is religion. They even followed several religious accounts in their discovery of the Omega Molecule. Following the religious components of the Imperium would be cake.

Good for them being Religious. I for one think Space Marines are simply more determin and Know No Fear.

That was a direct quote from a fully empowered Q in Q2. Explain to me what you think it means?

To me it means "Im Q they cant touch me but they will kill you friend, so leave be" nothing more.

Data cannot be assimilated. The Queen loves playing with Picard as he was the first human to address her. She is the voice of trillions of people but she can't get any real conversation that she can't predict the outcome unless she plays with the unassimilated. Endgame showed us that the Borg can go to Earth any time they so desire, they could drop as many vessels as they wanted right in our solar system. She only sends a cube to earth when she gets bored. She isn't looking for victory, she is looking for someone to talk to. At no point did Picard ever beat her. Janeway only beat her once and she had to Time Travel to do it. The fact is that Borg have only ever been beaten by Species 8472.

So If I told my enemy that I could kill you any time I would, should they belive my Bluff?!

The Borg adapt to the tactics of their foe. When the race that Arturis belonged to used their particle synthesis technology to hide from the Borg, they sent in hundreds of cubes to literally turn over ever rock to find them. This is something that we have never seen them do yet they did it to his race because it was the easiest for them. We have never seen them face off against a species that uses power armor so we can only speculate as to what tactics they would use but transporters are the easiest way for them to do it. Klingons do not match them physically, Worf was easily overwhelmed physically in First Contact and only won through plot armor. Seven of Nine is an average size woman and she was able to take on several larger opponents easily in her Tsunkatse matches thanks to her Borg enhancements.

Humans Adapt to there foes tatics. Everyone does. Any Species that evolves is capable of adapting. The Space marines adapt as well. A Space Marine is a 5 tonner basic. They carry Weapons that Seperate Molecules on impact. They have Bullets that I never seen any Borg Shield against. They cant seem to adapt to a Fist in the face.... Guess their adapting is overated....

Orks adaptable? All they do is dakka, dakka dakka dakka until the problem goes away. That is not adaptable that is stubbornness. I call PIS on them surviving the Tyranids. They are a super version of the Zerg just like the Imperium is a super version of the Terran and the only reason why the Zerg haven't consumed all of the universe is the Protoss. So I assume that the Eldar or Tau have been providing a distraction. The Borg only specifically target sentient species, so no dogs or rabbits.

Ofcourse you would you seem limited on the 40k Lore. Orks are like Hulk. They get Stronger and tougher the more they fight. Perioud. They can adapt to any atmosphere and poisin and Evolve Species of the orkoid gene that is needed. They are Half Plants (Fungus to be prcise) which allow them to survive half their body destroyed. They also Simply Know whatever they need to Know. They dont need education at all. They simply know Quantim Physics like a fish knows how to breath. There quite Adaptable.

I actually am a much bigger fan of Firefly and Starcraft then I am of Star Trek but so many people misunderstand it due to popular misconceptions. I do not like people making judgements based on misconceptions. But thanks for the ad hominem attacks, I always like to know when I am winning.

Starcraft... oh yeah the game that ripped off Games Workshop 40k. Firefly was a good show till it got canceled like real quick. Like the Movie tho.

I just dont see the Borg able to use the Imperiums Warp against them as they are incapable as the Necrons, Tyranids, and Eldar.