Needlebay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Needlebay
No Caption Provided

Which team of assassins win? Body Doubles from Resurrection Man or Elektra and Talon (Newest Batman villain)

DCnU Body Doubles.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By jeanroygrant

elektra and talon ftw

RainEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By RainEffect

I like the team of Elektra and Talon. I think maybe X-23 and Talon would work better (just because Elektra has turned into a joke lately).

Needlebay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Needlebay

Any reasons? Body Doubles are some of the most impressive assassins I have seen. Not only do they have exotic weaponry, but good healing, strength, speed, and immortailty. They are post human and their fight with Transhuman was damn impressive.

RainEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By RainEffect

@Needlebay said:

Any reasons? Body Doubles are some of the most impressive assassins I have seen. Not only do they have exotic weaponry, but good healing, strength, speed, and immortailty. They are post human and their fight with Transhuman was damn impressive.

I, personally, don't know much about Body Doubles, but X-23 has a nearly invincible healing factor and crazy speed. Talon is, supposedly, immortal (though we don't know the mystery behind him yet) and is able to just appear from seemingly nowhere. It would be a VERY good fight, though!

Needlebay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Needlebay

Yeah, I think it would be too. Also, Body Doubles has weapons (guns) that could penetrate or break force fields. They can conjure up a lot of weaponry anytime, anyplace from their master.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#7  Edited By Saren

The Body Doubles aren't immortal, they just heal fast.

Assuming this isn't exclusively post-Flashpoint showings for the doubles (which isn't much anyway), Elektra and Talon should win handily. The Body Doubles were completely outclassed by Deadshot and Merlyn, they only got away because a T-Rex skeleton fell on Floyd and Carmen distracted Merlyn by flashing her boobs at him while he was aiming an arrow at her.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Saren

Talon might actually be immortal, given that he died and came back to life in the second issue of Batman.

Needlebay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Needlebay

@CitizenBane said:

Assuming this isn't exclusively post-Flashpoint showings for the doubles (which isn't much anyway), Elektra and Talon should win handily. The Body Doubles were completely outclassed by Deadshot and Merlyn, they only got away because a T-Rex skeleton fell on Floyd and Carmen distracted Merlyn by flashing her boobs at him while he was aiming an arrow at her.

This is DCnU's Body Doubles, yes. If it were pre flashpoint, they would lose everytime. DCnU's Body Doubles are much MORE formidable.

nightwing91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10  Edited By nightwing91

@CitizenBane said:

Didn't they get away because Deadshot was secretly Carmen's lover,and threw the fight and there utilizing there looks did play a factor? Just saying,even if it's irrelevant,Deadshot otherwise would have easily killed them.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Saren

@Needlebay said:

@CitizenBane said:

This is DCnU's Body Doubles, yes. If it were pre flashpoint, they would lose everytime. DCnU's Body Doubles are much MORE formidable.

I don't see how. The Transhuman didn't really demonstrate any kind of great speed, while Talon darted out of an elevator past Bruce and Lincoln March before they even knew what was happening while killing two guards along the way. Bruce was applying almost ten times the amount of strength needed to collapse a man's windpipe, and Talon didn't even notice that or any of his punches. The Body Doubles haven't shown that they can keep up with Talon in terms of speed, and since Mitch was choking Bonnie with one hand without super strength at least one of them can't match his strength either. And Talon moves so silently that Batman couldn't even sense him before he attacked. Carmen appears to have super strength, but she was attacking a target that had no real speed to speak of. That's not the case with Talon, and shooting him isn't likely to work since he moves much faster than a man who regularly dodges bullets.

@nightwing91 said:

@CitizenBane said:

Didn't they get away because Deadshot was secretly Carmen's lover,and threw the fight and there utilizing there looks did play a factor? Just saying,even if it's irrelevant,Deadshot otherwise would have easily killed them.

The fight in New Year's Evil, yes? There were two of them; one where Deadshot was held down by a T-Rex skeleton and another where he let the Doubles get away because he was secretly Carmen's lover.

nightwing91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#12  Edited By nightwing91

@CitizenBane: Yeah the fight in New Years Evil, he wasn't activately trying to kill them, he could have easily shot and killed them otherwise. He mentions something like that after Deadline and Merlyn get defeated in the second fight. It's irrelevant considering the body doubles are post Flashpoint versions something I didn't see.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#13  Edited By entropy_aegis

@nightwing91: @CitizenBane: When did all this happen?

@Needlebay:What have they done after Flashpoint?

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Saren

@entropy_aegis: The fight with the Transhuman was in Resurrection Man #3-4, and the fight with Deadshot and Merlyn was in New Year's Evil : Body Doubles.

Needlebay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Needlebay

DNA totally rebooted the Body Doubles power levels. They also took on Resurrection Man. RM used a sonic scream that would crush bone, but they easily survived that. I wish I could post the fight with Transhuman, because it was a cool battle.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Saren

@Needlebay said:

DNA totally rebooted the Body Doubles power levels. They also took on Resurrection Man. RM used a sonic scream that would crush bone, but they easily survived that. I wish I could post the fight with Transhuman, because it was a cool battle.

Don't get me wrong, I think that as months go by and we see more of the Doubles they'll eventually reach a stage in the DCnU where they outclass Talon, since there have already been indications that their stats are about mid-tier superhuman. However, at this stage they haven't done anything that puts them above him. Yet.

Needlebay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Needlebay

I don't know. What has Talon done that was impressive? I guess surviving from a huge skyscraper? He wasn't fast enough to dance around Batman, though.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Saren

@Needlebay said:

I don't know. What has Talon done that was impressive? I guess surviving from a huge skyscraper? He wasn't fast enough to dance around Batman, though.

Killed two guards, dumped their bodies on Bruce and Lincoln March and darted behind them, all of this before they could turn their heads. Put three knives in Bruce and didn't take any damage from him at all. Talon didn't dance around Batman because he was standing still and waiting for Bruce to come to him. Bruce got behind him and tried strangling him, and then Talon went behind him and kicked him out of the building. He managed to sneak up on and attack Batman in the sewers of Gotham, which is impressive in itself because Bruce has been shown to be able to hear even the faintest whisper of an enemy's movements.

Needlebay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saren said:

@Needlebay said:

Killed two guards, dumped their bodies on Bruce and Lincoln March and darted behind them, all of this before they could turn their heads. Put three knives in Bruce and didn't take any damage from him at all. Talon didn't dance around Batman because he was standing still and waiting for Bruce to come to him. Bruce got behind him and tried strangling him, and then Talon went behind him and kicked him out of the building. He managed to sneak up on and attack Batman in the sewers of Gotham, which is impressive in itself because Bruce has been shown to be able to hear even the faintest whisper of an enemy's movements.

After everything, I still go with Body Doubles. Near limitless ammo should do the trick.