Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Wyldsong

No Caption Provided

Alright, I have been wanting to open this can of worms for awhile, so here it goes.  Most threads involving big blue here tend to pit him against foes that far outclass him, or against foes that the fight is either inconclusive or will just end in a stalemate.

What I want to see are opinions based on who people think is the most powerful character Dr. Manhattan could feasibly beat (based on feats and showings, not flights of fancy), and who is the weakest character that could put him down for good -- be it through powers or prep.

Let's keep the arguments based in the realm of his actual, factual showings as found below (and please avoid the flights of fancy arguments):

http://www.comicvine.com/myvine/wyldsong/dr-manhattan-the-truth-behind-the-feats-aka-why-so-blue/87-61001/

As well, let's avoid the listing of skyfathers, cosmics, and such, because Manhattan, flat out, does not have the feats to say he could take out powers such as these.  And, no arguments on Manhattan being immortal or invincible.  There is nothing to back any such arguments up and he has only ever been shown to be resistant to one type of attack, and that was the one that created him.

So far, the closest thing I have found to this thread is a "who can beat Dr. M" thread, so I don't think that this has been before, and searching through 24 pages or so of threads has left me feeling fairly confident that this hasn't been done.  If so, I apologize.  

Have fun=)
Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#2  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

I wish people would stop using Watchmen characters in battle threads

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Wyldsong
@spiderbat87 said:

" I wish people would stop using Watchmen characters in battle threads "

And I wish people would stop using Batman, Spiderman, Midnighter, Superman, the Flash, Thor, Hulk, and so forth and so on in battle threads.  Characters are overused all over the place.  I suggest that if you find a character is overused and have nothing useful to add to a discussion about said character, to get over it, and don't visit such threads.

(FYI -- Not really tired of any character, just making a point.)
Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#4  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
@Wyldsong: lol hit a nerve 
Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Wyldsong
@spiderbat87 said:
" @Wyldsong: lol hit a nerve  "
Not really, just making a point.  The propensity for comments that do nothing to further discussion and actually cause a thread that one has shown a distaste for to get bumped is a baffling prospect to my mind indeed.