#1 Posted by WillPayton (11971 posts) - - Show Bio

The Beast

vs

Captain America and Amazing Spider-Man(movie versions)

Random encounter, bloodlusted, to the death. Fight in an empty city street, starting 5m apart.

Who wins?

#2 Edited by TheMGR (206 posts) - - Show Bio

Amazing Spider-Man or original trilogy spiderman

#3 Posted by SheenLantern (7409 posts) - - Show Bio

@themgr: I think it's pretty obvious.

#4 Posted by WillPayton (11971 posts) - - Show Bio
@themgr said:

Amazing Spider-Man or original trilogy spiderman

LOL... dude, it's Amazing Spider-Man... it says it right there in the OP, and it's a picture of Amazing Spider-Man.

#5 Posted by TheMGR (206 posts) - - Show Bio

Facepalm

#6 Posted by WillPayton (11971 posts) - - Show Bio

@themgr said:

Facepalm

Hehehe... no worries. =)

Who do you think would win?

#7 Edited by TheMGR (206 posts) - - Show Bio

@willpayton: Spider-Man and cap. Spider-Man pushes over the edge with his intelligence

#8 Edited by GhostRavage (10908 posts) - - Show Bio

@themgr said:

@willpayton: Spider-Man and cap. Spider-Man pushes over the edge with his intelligence

Are you serious??? They both die against this dude.

#9 Posted by hawkblade9 (16 posts) - - Show Bio

no man

#10 Posted by WillPayton (11971 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Posted by Dark Cloud™ (2805 posts) - - Show Bio

The Beast is stronger, and in Frog Style form, he's possibly faster, and highly more durable, plus he has a background of martial arts and fighting very powerful opponents (Landlord and Landlady).

#12 Posted by ImNemotheGemini (874 posts) - - Show Bio

He stomps them right feet under ground !

#13 Posted by WillPayton (11971 posts) - - Show Bio

@themgr said:

Can you elaborate on how the team defeats the Beast?

#14 Posted by Batman242 (4913 posts) - - Show Bio

I say Beast can beat Cap senseless. Cap has no answer to anything the Beast is capable of.

He caught a bullet shot right on the side of him and was pretty durable.

He can probably even beat Spider-Man too. When he got into combat, they had to play his fights in sort of slow-motion and he was still going sort of fast, especially when he was going with a barrage against the husband guy.

#15 Posted by WillPayton (11971 posts) - - Show Bio

I say Beast can beat Cap senseless. Cap has no answer to anything the Beast is capable of.

He can probably even beat Spider-Man too. When he got into combat, they had to play his fights in sort of slow-motion and he was still going sort of fast, especially when he was going with a barrage against the husband guy.

Yeah I'm thinking I'll have to think of someone much more powerful to throw at this guy. Just saw the movie for the first time yesterday, and he's got awesome speed and skills... not to mention the other stuff like durability and strength.

#16 Edited by Batman242 (4913 posts) - - Show Bio

@batman242 said:

Yeah I'm thinking I'll have to think of someone much more powerful to throw at this guy. Just saw the movie for the first time yesterday, and he's got awesome speed and skills... not to mention the other stuff like durability and strength.

:O GOOD LORD!!!!! You're just seeing that movie?!?!?! Lol, wow. I watched that movie so much when I was younger. Perfect mixture of comedy and action.

#17 Edited by dondave (40264 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Posted by WillPayton (11971 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave said:

@willpayton: Who's the Beast?

He's a character from the movie Kung Fu Hustle. He's described as the most powerful martial artist alive and most dangerous man in the world. But, he looks just like this old, out-of-shape guy.

Here you go:

Loading Video...

#19 Posted by dondave (40264 posts) - - Show Bio

@willpayton: Oh, I remember him

I'd say he could beat them

#20 Posted by VeganDiet (1170 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd think the Beast could give a pretty decent fight to their comic versions.

He should take the movie versions fairly handily.

#21 Posted by GraniteSoldier (11682 posts) - - Show Bio

Movie versions? Beast. Comic versions would be tough but I'd give comic versions the win.

#22 Edited by Shawnbaby (11026 posts) - - Show Bio

Movie Versions...Beast.

Comic versions...Spidey Solos.

#23 Posted by WillPayton (11971 posts) - - Show Bio

Movie Versions...Beast.

Why would the comics version Spidey solo?

#24 Posted by i_like_swords (21897 posts) - - Show Bio

@batman242 said:

Would he be a match for any of the X-Men/Fantastic Four/Weapon X characters?

#25 Posted by Batman242 (4913 posts) - - Show Bio

@willpayton said:

@batman242 said:

Would he be a match for any of the X-Men/Fantastic Four/Weapon X characters?

I think he can take on Deadpool, Cyclops, Gambit, Thing (MAYBE), Colossus (maybe), Nightcrawler, Jubilee, and maybe Storm.

He's doesn't exactly have a high level durability, he can just take and endure like it's nothing.

#26 Edited by Shawnbaby (11026 posts) - - Show Bio

@shawnbaby said:

Movie Versions...Beast.

Because as strong and fast as the Beast is...Spider-Man has dealt with Stronger and Faster. Him and Comic Spidey would be in the same category for Speed...while Peter would be in a much higher category for Strength. Add in Webbing and Spider-Sense...and Spidey can take him without the assistance of Captain America.

#27 Posted by WillPayton (11971 posts) - - Show Bio

I think he can take on Deadpool, Cyclops, Gambit, Thing (MAYBE), Colossus (maybe), Nightcrawler, Jubilee, and maybe Storm.

He's doesn't exactly have a high level durability, he can just take and endure like it's nothing.

He does have pretty high level durability, he's just not invulnerable. He bleeds and gets cut, but can still take hits that would pulverize a normal human. You can see some of this in the final fight:

Loading Video...

#28 Posted by WillPayton (11971 posts) - - Show Bio

@willpayton said:

@shawnbaby said:

Movie Versions...Beast.

Because as strong and fast as the Beast is...Spider-Man has dealt with Stronger and Faster. Him and Comic Spidey would be in the same category for Speed...while Peter would be in a much higher category for Strength. Add in Webbing and Spider-Sense...and Spidey can take him without the assistance of Captain America.

Thing is that the Beast's speed looks like it's around Quicksilver level. Combine that with the top-tier martial arts skills and it's a deadly combination. I think Spidey's ESP will help a lot, but can he deal with someone as fast as Quicksilver?

#29 Edited by Shawnbaby (11026 posts) - - Show Bio

@willpayton said:

@shawnbaby said:

@willpayton said:

@shawnbaby said:

Movie Versions...Beast.

Thing is that the Beast's speed looks like it's around Quicksilver level. Combine that with the top-tier martial arts skills and it's a deadly combination. I think Spidey's ESP will help a lot, but can he deal with someone as fast as Quicksilver?

I don't remember the Beast showing anything quite like Quicksilver Speed...Not to say he isn't very fast....jus tnot quite on the same level as Quicksilver. but more on point, Spider-Man has fought and defeated Speed Demon on several occasions. Mind you...I'm not suggesting Peter takes this with any kind of ease...just that it is within his capabilities to win. I probably shouldn't have phrased it as "Spider-Man Solos". Sometimes "X Solos" looks like "X stomps this guys easily" and that really isn't what I meant. What I meant was that Peter can probably beat him without the aid of Captain America...but It will still be a tough fight.

#30 Edited by WillPayton (11971 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't remember the Beast showing anything quite like Quicksilver Speed...Not to say he isn't very fast....jus tnot quite on the same level as Quicksilver.

I'm only guesstimating... looking at the scene where he catches the bullet. I mean, the gun is only like 10" from his face, he fires it, and then catches it without even looking at it. Assuming the bullet travels at 800 mph, that means it went just 0.7 ms before he caught it.

Of course it's hard to know what the reaction time is because he knew ahead of time when the bullet would fire. But, if we look at that 0.7 ms and estimate that it's about in the ballpark, that's still around 300x faster than a normal human reaction time of 215 ms. It cant be far off since we have other scenes where the camera is in slow-motion, but he's still throwing punches that are blurs.

Just to compare, I used a running speed for Quicksilver of Mach 5 (what I've heard around CV) and 15 mph for a typical in-shape human (Usain Bolt can do 28 mph). According to those numbers, Quicksilver is 254x faster than a normal human.

If you disagree that's fine, I'm not going to debate it because it's just speculation on my part. I just wanted to give you the logic I used to compare him to Quicksilver... I didnt just pick him for no reason.

#31 Posted by Shawnbaby (11026 posts) - - Show Bio

@shawnbaby said:

I don't remember the Beast showing anything quite like Quicksilver Speed...Not to say he isn't very fast....jus tnot quite on the same level as Quicksilver.

I'm only guesstimating... looking at the scene where he catches the bullet. I mean, the gun is only like 10" from his face, he fires it, and then catches it without even looking at it. Assuming the bullet travels at 800 mph, that means it went just 0.7 ms before he caught it.

Of course it's hard to know what the reaction time is because he knew ahead of time when the bullet would fire. But, if we look at that 0.7 ms and estimate that it's about in the ballpark, that's still around 300x faster than a normal human reaction time of 215 ms. It cant be far off since we have other scenes where the camera is in slow-motion, but he's still throwing punches that are blurs.

Just to compare, I used a running speed for Quicksilver of Mach 5 (what I've heard around CV) and 15 mph for a typical in-shape human (Usain Bolt can do 28 mph). According to those numbers, Quicksilver is 254x faster than a normal human.

If you disagree that's fine, I'm not going to debate it because it's just speculation on my part. I just wanted to give you the logic I used to compare him to Quicksilver... I didnt just pick him for no reason.

I get your reasoning and it makes sense...compared to real life humans...the Beast is ridiculously fast. But in comic books there are Peak Humans that can catch bullets. Ozymandias from Watchmen caught a bullet at point blank range. Iron Fist catches bullets. Taskmaster catches Bullets. Daredevil and Batman don't quite catch them...but they can deflect them. Captain America says that he can see faster than bullets...and that's why he dodges them so easily. None of these guys are Quicksilver level.

#32 Edited by WillPayton (11971 posts) - - Show Bio

@willpayton said:

@shawnbaby said:

I get your reasoning and it makes sense...compared to real life humans...the Beast is ridiculously fast. But in comic books there are Peak Humans that can catch bullets. Ozymandias from Watchmen caught a bullet at point blank range. Iron Fist catches bullets. Taskmaster catches Bullets. Daredevil and Batman don't quite catch them...but they can deflect them. Captain America says that he can see faster than bullets...and that's why he dodges them so easily. None of these guys are Quicksilver level.

Of course, but that's why I compared both to a standard... real-world humans. I didnt compare one to real-world humans and the other to comic book humans.

I know many "peak humans" in comics can catch bullets... but that's just a label. They're still super-humans. Ozy is a superhuman in relation to normal real-world humans.

Whether Quicksilver has better reaction time than 0.7 ms... he might very well. It's likely so does the Beast. Reaction time is just how long it takes to notice something and then send a signal to the muscles to react. In the bullet feat he did that, as well as move his arm all the way up and catch the bullet with his fingers... which also involves a nice bit of strength. No normal human could catch a bullet like that even if they had the reaction time. And that's not even to mention the precision hand movement, considering he didnt even look at what he was doing.

Anyway, Quicksilver isnt even in this battle... LOL.

#33 Posted by Shawnbaby (11026 posts) - - Show Bio

@willpayton: I'm just saying...catching a bullet doesn't mean you are in Quicksilver's league for speed. I'm not trying to lowball the feat in anyway.

Captain America, Daredevil, Taskmaster etc are all fast enough to dodge, catch, or deflect bullets....and Spider-Man is faster than all of them.

#34 Posted by WillPayton (11971 posts) - - Show Bio

@willpayton: I'm just saying...catching a bullet doesn't mean you are in Quicksilver's league for speed. I'm not trying to lowball the feat in anyway.

Captain America, Daredevil, Taskmaster etc are all fast enough to dodge, catch, or deflect bullets....and Spider-Man is faster than all of them.

Yeah, I understand. It's not so much catching a bullet as it is how he did it. For example the Ozy feat from the movie is also "catching a bullet", but technically it's an order of magnitude easier. First, he's at least 6 feet away from the gun, while Beat is 0.83 feet (10 inches) away. He has 7x the amount of time, so that's about 7x easier. Then he catches it in his palm, which is also easier than in the fingers. Lets guess that it's 5x easier to catch with the palm... so total 7 x 5 = 35x easier. I'm discounting that Ozy was looking right at the gun and bullet-timing it, since Beast had the advantage of firing the gun himself... so I cancelled those factors out.

But anyway, yeah, many people can catch bullets, but one bullet catching feat isnt like another. Ozy did it, but Beast did a feat that's 35x as difficult, and I'm not even considering that he did it with his eyes closed. (again, just ballpark numbers to get an idea... I'm not claiming precision here)

And of course feats of dodging and deflecting bullets are often bullet-timing the shooter. Beast actually could react and move at speeds that made the bullet seem to move in slow-mo. If you fought someone who moved at that speed, he'd pretty much be invisible... which is kind of what Quicksilver looks like when he fights at speed.

#35 Posted by Shawnbaby (11026 posts) - - Show Bio

@willpayton: Well, let's table the discussion on that. No reason to mire the thread down. Like I say...I'm not trying to downplay the impressiveness of the feat. I'll even concede that his feat is indeed a lot more impressive than Ozymandias's Bullet catch..but there's a long distance between being faster than Ozymandias and as fast as Quicksilver.

I could literally post dozens of scans of Spider-Man dodging Bullets, Lasers, etc. at close range.

Webbing the gun before the bullet can even leave the chamber.
And here's him tagging Quicksilver....just to show that even if Beast is in that Speed Range..Spidey can still get to him.
#36 Posted by GodEmperorOfMankind (155 posts) - - Show Bio

The beast stomps them.

He should 1-shot cap and have a bit of fun with spidey......but it won't last long.

#37 Posted by HolySerpent (13419 posts) - - Show Bio

@themgr said:

Are you serious??? They both die against this dude.

agreed

#38 Posted by heroesgold (642 posts) - - Show Bio

The Beast wins.