Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#2  Edited By Fallschirmjager

I don't remember anything about the beast, but even without her time manipulation at full power Illyria curbs just about everyone in Buffyverse (at least as shown in the TV series)

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Good fight. The Beast took down team Angel on multiple occasions. He has proven to be invredibly fast for his size and very durable.

That being said, he is still a Lackey despite how strong he is. Both ladies here are worshipped as Gods and could replicate the Beast showings. If any thing I think Glory is the weak link since I don't see her as the most impressive combatant, just very strong. Illyria is probably stronger then both so with her lending a hand I don't see the team losing.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cadencev2

Need you for this one bro!!!

I don't remember anything about the beast, but even without her time manipulation at full power Illyria curbs just about everyone in Buffyverse (at least as shown in the TV series)

The beast is from the Angelverse. He killed all the memebers of Ra-Tet minimal effort. You don't just kill those guys like nothing unless you are in the league of power as glory and Illyria.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

@those_eyes: Angelverse = buffyverse. Its the same universe.

Illyria is a multiversal entity. She was casually walking through to other dimensions/universes and was capable of viewing multiple time lines at once, at full power.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good fight. The Beast took down team Angel on multiple occasions. He has proven to be invredibly fast for his size and very durable.

That being said, he is still a Lackey despite how strong he is. Both ladies here are worshipped as Gods and could replicate the Beast showings. If any thing I think Glory is the weak link since I don't see her as the most impressive combatant, just very strong. Illyria is probably stronger then both so with her lending a hand I don't see the team losing.

Yae beast was a lap dog for Jasmine but I think physically he is more powerful. Also the only way to hurt him is himself so glory and Illyria will have to figure out that ripping his horn off and stabbing him with it will kill him. But same for Glory since she cant be killed by conventional means, beast will whale on her but will find out quick that she is pretty much just as durable as him (same with Illyria).

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team should win, The beast was impressive but Illyria's showings were probably better, and gloria just makes their win more solid.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@those_eyes: Angelverse = buffyverse. Its the same universe.

Illyria is a multiversal entity. She was casually walking through to other dimensions/universes and was capable of viewing multiple time lines at once, at full power.

That's why I limited Illyria to no time manipulation and no bfr. I know how dangerous she is at full power. Even the senior partners didn't want to mess with her.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@those_eyes: IMO Illyria wins by herself. In the comics she beaten down Angels Dragon and also beat down this Titan size Demon.

Carter_esque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Illyria could possibly solo even w/o her time manipulation abilities. Faith is a non-factor in this fight imo; The Beast will beat her until she reverts back to whoever her human host is and then kill them.

Avatar image for lordofallhumans
LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cadencev2

Need you for this one bro!!!

@fallschirmjager said:

The beast is from the Angelverse. He killed all the memebers of Ra-Tet minimal effort. You don't just kill those guys like nothing unless you are in the league of power as glory and Illyria.

The Angelverse and Buffyverse are the same universe, Buffy characters going to LA and Angel going to Sunnydale is canon to both shows. Except for the Conduit for the Seniors powers, the Ra tet are featless, and Manny was basically a normal human with a degree of immortality that obviously didn't prevent him from being killed. In theory because of what they represent it seems impressive, but in actuality it wasn't that big of a deal as they seemed to just be vessels for talismans that were the real power behind what the group represented. I'd wager Glory and Ilyria could have killed them just as easy as the Beast did if not easier.

Amatsuki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Amatsuki

@those_eyes: Glory alone is an overkill against the beast..... Between a Hellgoddess and an Old One? no contest even if you limit Illyria's time abilities.... in the comics, Illyria has beaten armies of Demons and has a weapon via her Icon of Power... and in Illyria: Haunted She can manipulate plants as well and Ra Tet are merely group composed of Demons and beings assigned to guard the secret of the sun....vessels... You dont considered Dawn pre season 7 a powerhouse just because she's The Key

The_Imperator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amatsuki: The Beast was pretty much invulnerable to whatever was thrown at it, though, and IIRC casually opened portals. Without time manipulation, Illyria isn't the biggest threat here. Her body wasn't built to fight, after all, just hold her for a little while when she was supposed to move into her original form. Glory is the biggest threat here. So it comes down to if Glory can stab the Beast with part of itself before she reverts back to Ben.

Illyria: Haunted is in the iffy section of canon, not explicitly canon like After the Fall, the Buffy seasons, or Angel and Faith, but not explicitly noncanon either. It's probably best not to use feats from it, since it'll start a canon debate that goes nowhere.

Amatsuki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Amatsuki

@the_imperator: The beast is invulnerable due to the lack of knowledge the gang has on it....The Fang gang never had a powerful mage (Wesley dabbled yes but he never even used it on that occassion) or a weapon of a god at their disposal.... With its own vulnerability to it's own body part, its most likely for Glorificus to easily break off a piece and shove it to the beast. Even on its strongest, the beast would have easily fell against a Hellgoddess add in an Old One? no chance the beast would win...

Illyria in her pre mutari generator can casually move through dimensions... whats stopping her from entering Quor'toth(Hell dimension of all helldimensions) and casting the Beast into Quor'toth (Old One who made the said helldimension) mouth?

The_Imperator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amatsuki: The Beast opened his own portal after Wesley and Fred BFR'd him. Glory tends to fight by punching things, and the Beast is going to be fine tanking said blows. They aren't going to suddenly think to break off his horn to stab him with it.

Amatsuki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_imperator: show any of such feat with The beast TANKING a slayer enforced hit from a god weapon? Show a feat showing the Beast Tanking magic? none because such level of resources isnt available for the fang gang... Glorificus TANKED a Slayer wielding a Trollgod hammer with a Dagon Sphere and Magic sapping her energy ALONG with getting hit by a Wreckingball.... and I seriously doubt the beast can even repel Glorificus'es attack let alone a tag team between an unstoppable hellgoddess and an Old one.....

AND it is the time manipulation that is being restricted.... not Illyria's True form which can level a city in no time

The_Imperator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amatsuki said:

@the_imperator: show any of such feat with The beast TANKING a slayer enforced hit from a god weapon? Show a feat showing the Beast Tanking magic? none because such level of resources isnt available for the fang gang... Glorificus TANKED a Slayer wielding a Trollgod hammer with a Dagon Sphere and Magic sapping her energy ALONG with getting hit by a Wreckingball.... and I seriously doubt the beast can even repel Glorificus'es attack let alone a tag team between an unstoppable hellgoddess and an Old one.....

AND it is the time manipulation that is being restricted.... not Illyria's True form which can level a city in no time

The Beast should be able to stand up to them, not win outright. It won't be stomp for the team, but they should be able to win.

Illyria can't just time slip into her original form without her temporal abilities, which have been limited.

Amatsuki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Amatsuki

@the_imperator: nope... show feats of The beast tanking those levels of damage first... that merely saying "A beat B thus A beats C without any proof or evidence" situation... show The Beast durability feats..

as for illyria she can easily regain such via her icons of power on the Comic series "Fallen Angel:Reborn" a comic series that is approved by Josh Whedon and does not contradict the continuity :D AND she Reverted to her Full Primordium form during Angel:After the fall comics WHICH IS CANON

The_Imperator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By The_Imperator

@amatsuki said:

@the_imperator: nope... show feats of The beast tanking those levels of damage first... that merely saying "A beat B thus A beats C without any proof or evidence" situation... show The Beast durability feats..

as for illyria she can easily regain such via her icons of power on the Comic series "Fallen Angel: Reborn" a comic series that is approved by Josh Whedon and does not contradict the continuity :D

Hmmm, so Joss ok'd that. Interesting, I'm probably going to have to look into reading it. Though where are her icons of power coming from in this battle?

I guess I'm just riding the Beast's hype train, you're right on him not having the showings to keep up with them. Trying to remember, didn't he kill everyone in the LA branch of Wolfram and Hart? That would have included at least 1 Child of the Senior Partners, and probably other things. But yeah, not high enough shows.

Amatsuki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_imperator: Icons of power consist of her Scythes (the one she is holding in the drawings wesley showing) increasing her overall abilities and her Helm which enables her to go to her full powers which would have resulted to Illyria becoming like her paradoxial version of Illyria who remained uncontended on that alternate timeline...

There was no child of the Senior partners stationed in the LA branch during that time of the show.... dont speculate

Seeing Eve and Hamilton only were stationed there to keep the whole gang in check when they where running the LA branch.... as stated by Eve herself

The_Imperator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amatsuki: I said I couldn't remember :P No speculation? Spoilsport :P

Amatsuki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Amatsuki

@the_imperator: if we allow speculations then we can easily speculate abilities from both Glorificus and Illyria's titles like Illyria's claim of living 7 lives at once and her title of "Shaper of Things"

The_Imperator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_imperator: That was a joke, hence the smiley. ;) I realize speculation isn't a good thing, hence why I said I didn't remember.

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Glory can solo. He might be on her level in terms of strength and durability (maybe I'd say Glory is more impressive) and he's even more outclassed in terms of speed than he was against Angel.

Amatsuki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Amatsuki

@the_imperator:

Illyria's True form can rend/destroy time by simply attacking with it's tentacle... why do you think angel tried to get himself killed via Vampire Gunn during the fall of LA when Illyria transformed to destroying everything....BTW this is during her depowered state...

Twerk_it_miley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think it's really fair to pit Comic Illyria in this as she would stomp the beast in like two seconds so I'll just use her TV version before she was depowered.

Why did the OP put Glory and Illyria on the same team? That's overkill. Even individually both Glory and Illyria would beat the Beast. Glory has super speed, that alone is enough for her to beat him. Her durability is above his as she has far more feats like being dropped from the troposphere while burning up like a meteoroid and still coming out unscathed. Her strength is also greater than The Beast's. She brought down a room by stomping her foot and was even strong enough to punch a hole through a powerful magic barrier conjured by Willow. If you pit Illyria's TV version against The Beast and take away her time manipulation, then she still wins although it won't be as easy for her as it was for Glory. Although if Illyria is depowered (show-wise) then The Beast easily wins as he is basically another Hamilton.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think it's really fair to pit Comic Illyria in this as she would stomp the beast in like two seconds so I'll just use her TV version before she was depowered.

Why did the OP put Glory and Illyria on the same team? That's overkill. Even individually both Glory and Illyria would beat the Beast. Glory has super speed, that alone is enough for her to beat him. Her durability is above his as she has far more feats like being dropped from the troposphere while burning up like a meteoroid and still coming out unscathed. Her strength is also greater than The Beast's. She brought down a room by stomping her foot and was even strong enough to punch a hole through a powerful magic barrier conjured by Willow. If you pit Illyria's TV version against The Beast and take away her time manipulation, then she still wins although it won't be as easy for her as it was for Glory. Although if Illyria is depowered (show-wise) then The Beast easily wins as he is basically another Hamilton.

idk why. i guess i was thinking the beast is stronger than he is.

Twerk_it_miley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@those_eyes: Yeah, fair enough.

I think it would have been better if you put all three in a free for all (with Illyria's TV version of course, A lot of her comic versions would stomp as her feats are overpowered). That would be a good a match to see.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@those_eyes: Yeah, fair enough.

I think it would have been better if you put all three in a free for all (with Illyria's TV version of course, A lot of her comic versions would stomp as her feats are overpowered). That would be a good a match to see.

good suggestion.

Here is a link to another thread you might like

Jasmine vs The First Evil

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They're so old I'm sure they all know of each other... I'll say Illyria will eventually win because Glory would eventually need to do her brain suck thing and the Beast has an obvious weakness

Twerk_it_miley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Twerk_it_miley

@those_eyes:

I commented on it, very good question! I spent a fair bit time going over both sides of the argument. Any other ones I haven't looked at? :)

@kgb725

If it is comic Illyria, then she would stomp (depending on which version). If it is TV Illyria, then I would actually give Glory the advantage to win. The OP stated that Illyria can't use her time manipulation and there is no BFR, so that makes Illyria's ability to open portals useless. Illyria will have no choice but to fight with just strength and technique. Glory still has her super speed which she can use to blitz The Beast and Illyria. I also think that Glory has slightly more strength and durability than both The Beast and Illyria. I think any of three could win depending on how the free for all folds out but I would definitely give Glory the huge advantage because Illyria cannot use her time manipulation or her ability to open portals.

Avatar image for caminator260595
Caminator260595

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Illyria and Glory will take the win:

-The Beast is incredibly powerful but he lacks speed which is what Glory has and she could use that to her advantage and keep speed blitzing the beast with punches

-Illyria is also exceptionally powerful, granted if she had her time alteration abilities then this battle would be over quickly, she has superior martial arts and I would say that she has a strength advantage over him and could easily give the beast a run for his money without Glory being there

- plus the beast was almost staked by Angel when they first met

so my vote goes to Illyria and Glory