• 171 results
#101 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@SlimJ87D: :D I try.

#102 Posted by SlimJ87D (9367 posts) - - Show Bio
#103 Posted by SlimJ87D (9367 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n: Can you put this picture in your search part of your post? It's hilarious

#104 Posted by Quartermaim (617 posts) - - Show Bio

I have a question about the anime vs comic disallowment

Most anime have comics of some sort. Some manga, some comics so is the anime vs comics rule still out?

#105 Posted by majestic99 (8637 posts) - - Show Bio

@Quartermaim said:

Most anime have comics of some sort. Some manga, some comics so is the anime vs comics rule still out?

Not allowed. Attracts too many fanboys and trolls.

Info

m99

#106 Posted by JediXMan (29685 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd like some opinions here:

Now I know it's better to bump ONLY IF you're going to add something new rather than make a dupe, but how can one do this when the thread is old? Aren't we usually restricted to only using feats that were current at the time of creation?

I thought about this when I was going to bump the Midnighter vs Fantomex thread, since I was considering making it and the debate was inconclusive (plus, if I don't make it, I don't have to remain neutral). I was going to mention some feats, but then I realized that they occurred after the thread was created. So what should one do here?

Thoughts?.

#107 Posted by acer51 (2222 posts) - - Show Bio

@Quartermaim said:

It incites fanboys on both side, No Justified Marvel fan wants to have to admit a Pokemon could beat one of there favorite characters.

And no self respecting Anime fan would admit Iron-Man STOMPS Astroboy.

So they decided to seperate the groups.

#108 Posted by troller (911 posts) - - Show Bio

BUMP

#109 Posted by k4tzm4n (36474 posts) - - Show Bio
@troller: No need to bump a thread that's stickied at the top ;)
Staff
#110 Posted by troller (911 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n: Sorry, I just wanted to make sure it stayed there, it is very important that these rules are obeyed, after all

#111 Posted by MisterWhisper (1813 posts) - - Show Bio

Does this place have an ignore function? It would really help if I could put some of these idiots on ignore.

#112 Posted by lykopis (10756 posts) - - Show Bio

Why are there so many threads pointing out rules and what not? Why not just one? Are all these necessary? It looks random and messy and contrary.

#113 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis said:

Why are there so many threads pointing out rules and what not? Why not just one? Are all these necessary? It looks random and messy and contrary.

A lot of new users don't read the rules or know how to make battle threads properly. To an extent, it all seems pointless, but some effort is better than none. LOL.

#114 Posted by lykopis (10756 posts) - - Show Bio

@Static Shock:

Fair enough - if anything, hopefully new people will identify themselves as just starting out so the veterans here can lend a helping hand. Some of the debates on here freak me out. o-o

#115 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis said:

@Static Shock:

Fair enough - if anything, hopefully new people will identify themselves as just starting out so the veterans here can lend a helping hand. Some of the debates on here freak me out. o-o

There are only three threads.

@JediXMan said:

I'd like some opinions here:

Now I know it's better to bump ONLY IF you're going to add something new rather than make a dupe, but how can one do this when the thread is old? Aren't we usually restricted to only using feats that were current at the time of creation?

I thought about this when I was going to bump the Midnighter vs Fantomex thread, since I was considering making it and the debate was inconclusive (plus, if I don't make it, I don't have to remain neutral). I was going to mention some feats, but then I realized that they occurred after the thread was created. So what should one do here?

Thoughts?.

In a generic thread with "current versions" of the character, I'd assume that when new feats come up they're applicable. Which is why its perfectly acceptable (or should be) to bump threads in light of recent occurrences. All this, of course, provided said character isn't amped up, ie Lizard.

#116 Posted by lykopis (10756 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

Tomay-to, tomah-to

#117 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis said:

@ReVamp said:

Tomay-to, tomah-to

Tomay-to, since you're curious.

(They're all different >__<)

#118 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis said:

@Static Shock:

Yeah. I normally just refer them to the Battle Forum Rules thread.

#119 Posted by ThatThorFan (951 posts) - - Show Bio

WHEW WHOO!

#120 Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

@Morpheus_

O_O I LOVE YOUR AVATAR

#121 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@Babs: Gracias.
#122 Posted by gumflabica (2170 posts) - - Show Bio

@Morpheus_ said:

@Shawnbaby said:
This should almost be stickied.
And as of now, it is.

hey um ur a mod so im guessin u know how to change an icon right you have a cool one by the way can u pm me how too?

#123 Posted by CannotSpellMyName (92 posts) - - Show Bio

@Supreme Marvel said:

You know all the n00bs (initially wrote b00bs) never read the battle rules. Most of them are kids and most of them think Hulk is the strongest there is. Almost all of them don't read the battle rules, although most of the people on the site have never read the rules anyway.

Morpheus_ for the win. :P

Sorry if I appear like a troll but I stand by my opinion that the Hulk is the strongest one there is.

#124 Posted by _Nate_River_ (84 posts) - - Show Bio

Must this be called a bible? I mean seriously?

#125 Posted by jobiwankenobi (1459 posts) - - Show Bio

Suggestion: Wouldn't it be easier to keep up with current conversations if new comments were displayed first? I think people rarely read past the first page in a thread unless they're really interested in it.

#126 Posted by ShootingNova (15712 posts) - - Show Bio

@CannotSpellMyName said:

@Supreme Marvel said:

You know all the n00bs (initially wrote b00bs) never read the battle rules. Most of them are kids and most of them think Hulk is the strongest there is. Almost all of them don't read the battle rules, although most of the people on the site have never read the rules anyway.

Morpheus_ for the win. :P

Sorry if I appear like a troll but I stand by my opinion that the Hulk is the strongest one there is.

Hulk got demolished by Zeus, who wasn't trying at the point. Countless beings could beat the Hulk. The most powerful would be the One-Above-All.

#127 Posted by acer51 (2222 posts) - - Show Bio

I love posting in stickes.

#128 Posted by Schmalzel (336 posts) - - Show Bio

@Morpheus_ said:

I'm moving this to the battles section, since it's much more relevant there.

That def helps, I'm new and I'm just getting started so I don't want to come out with some insane battles or battles that have been done 1000 times over either.

#129 Posted by GLExpert (100 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n: What does giving a character prep imply?

1. Does it mean they can only use weapons they have used in the past that currently exists?

2. Or weapons they have used in the past that no longer exists?

3. Or any weapon(in their universe), even if they have never used it, that doesn't currently exist?

4. Or any weapon(in their universe), even if they have never used it, that does currently exist?

5. Or any weapon, from anywhere? Like Dr. Doom having a gl ring?

#130 Posted by YoungJustice (6693 posts) - - Show Bio

Can I suggest something.

#131 Posted by joewell (6270 posts) - - Show Bio

@YoungJustice said:

Can I suggest something.

what

#132 Posted by YoungJustice (6693 posts) - - Show Bio

@joewell said:

@YoungJustice said:

Can I suggest something.

what

I cant remember now....

#133 Edited by guttridgeb (4831 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n: Would it be possible to have certain characters banned? For instance The One Above All is omnipresent so it would require the destruction of the multiverse to take him out which is illogical. I've also seen a lot of "toonforcers" recently which doesn't make much sense, how can someone debate against a character who can jump out of the comic and tear it up :)

#134 Posted by Chaos Prime (10842 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

Too many newbies arnt reading this imo.

#135 Posted by YoungJustice (6693 posts) - - Show Bio

@Chaos Prime said:

Bump

Too many newbies arnt reading this imo.

True.

#136 Posted by sync1 (2880 posts) - - Show Bio

Is it bad that i haven't read this til now..?

:3

#137 Posted by marvel123 (377 posts) - - Show Bio
#138 Posted by Epicbeast3000 (956 posts) - - Show Bio

@Supreme Marvel: hulk is the strongest there is but not the most powerful. Pffft not even close heck superman could one shot the hulk.

#139 Posted by OmgOmgWtfWtf (6954 posts) - - Show Bio

There needs to be an easier way to flag battles or something. Most of the time I flag something it says it cannot be flagged at this time please try again later. Also too many users on this site are trolls/ crazy fans. The most recent are the Voldemort crazed fans who think he has FTL reflexes.

#140 Edited by Clark_EL (2583 posts) - - Show Bio

nice

#141 Edited by MisterWhisper (1813 posts) - - Show Bio

This place would be perfect if just one of 2 things would happen?

1. Give us a freaking ignore button, just an all around great plan.

or

2. Reinstate the no anime vs comics rule, there is already an anime vine, let them do their thing there.

Just as an added option, it would be nice if someone got banned they did not have the option of just going and creating a different account 30 seconds later.

We all know some people that have like 5 or 10 accounts, most of them trolls, or just people with a serious account who make one to troll on.

#142 Edited by jashro44 (19906 posts) - - Show Bio

Anime vs comics should not be banned.

#143 Posted by MisterWhisper (1813 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44:

Yes, they really should.

1. This is a comic site, not an anime site, if people want to argue about anime, go to Animevine.

2. There are currently 18 anime fights on the front page alone, 6 of them do not even have a comic person in them.

3. Every single anime battle just ends up with people either trolling or immature arguments.

4. If anyone thinks it is bad now, give it a few days for the new movie to come out and many of the actual comic fans will just leave to escape all the anime arguments.

#144 Posted by jashro44 (19906 posts) - - Show Bio

@misterwhisper:

Yes, they really should.

1. This is a comic site, not an anime site, if people want to argue about anime, go to Animevine.

Most anime is based off of manga which is literally a Japanese comic book.

2. There are currently 18 anime fights on the front page alone, 6 of them do not even have a comic person in them.

So go bump a comic VS comic battle, post something interesting, start a debate in a comic vs comic battle or something.

3. Every single anime battle just ends up with people either trolling or immature arguments.

So flag the people who are trolling or inform a moderator. Besides its not like comic vs comic battles never have trolls in them either. A genre should not be blamed for a few bad trolls.

4. If anyone thinks it is bad now, give it a few days for the new movie to come out and many of the actual comic fans will just leave to escape all the anime arguments.

The new movie came out today. And considering how bad it was when the rule was first lifted its not like we haven't seen worst. The threads will come and they will pass.

#145 Edited by MisterWhisper (1813 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44:

1. Their is a HUGE difference in the way that manga and comics are written. Their have been some good, serious, well written anime, and manga. However, nobody ever makes fights for those, the only ones that are made are ones where they have a cartoon here in America.

2. I already do that.

3. Flagging and reporting are useless. Banning does no good people will just make a new account, we all know a certain fan of 80's movie austrian looking robots who has at minimum 5 account, good thing he was banned before...

4. Yeah and when the rule was lifted I left for like 7 months.

#146 Posted by jashro44 (19906 posts) - - Show Bio

@misterwhisper:

1. Their is a HIGE difference in the way that manga and comics are written. Their have been some good, serious, well written anime, and manga. However, nobody ever makes fights for those, the only ones that are made are ones where they have a cartoon here in America.

So introduce these "good, serious, well written" anime and manga. This part of your post tells me that you seem to want the ban because people are discussing a series that you do not like. Which is understandable but what about the majority of people who do like to discuss those series?

2. I already do that.

The I don't see the problem. You are discussing interesting fights correct? What would taking a few threads away from the front page do? If you want to discuss more fights go find a another interesting thread to comment on. If you can't find an interesting thread go to challenge a viner.

3. Flagging and reporting are useless. Banning does no good people will just make a new account, we all know a certain fan of 80's movie austrian looking robots who has at minimum 5 account, good thing he was banned before...

Terminator fan has no life. SOME users will stay away from the site as soon as they make it to the banned on sight list.

4. Yeah and when the rule was lifted I left for like 7 months.

That was unnecessary. The threads were only crazy for like a week.

#147 Posted by TheBigG (16 posts) - - Show Bio

Seems like a lot of red-tape just for forums, but rules are rules I guess.

#148 Posted by NeonPheonix (650 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks this was exetremely helpful!!

#149 Edited by UltimateHero0406 (2167 posts) - - Show Bio

#150 Posted by DeathHero61 (5450 posts) - - Show Bio

guys i joined a while ago so i was wondering, how do you even make your own thread?