• 167 results
#51 Posted by JediXMan (28063 posts) - - Show Bio

@White Mage said:

@JediXMan said:

@White Mage said:

@Supreme Marvel said:

You know all the n00bs (initially wrote b00bs) never read the battle rules. Most of them are kids and most of them think Hulk is the strongest there is. Almost all of them don't read the battle rules, although most of the people on the site have never read the rules anyway.

Morpheus_ for the win. :P

...................................REEEEALLY?!

I'd be lying if I said I hadn't considered the possibility.

I even made a thread about it.

LMAO

I was a kid when I joined this site. That's why I was sensitive about revealing my age. What can I say, my wisdom/wit/language/ are beyond my years. However, these people are far too cray cray for me to think of kids...........I feel that they are trolling adults.

I'm not saying that all kids are like that. I'm saying that some of the trolls could be kids who really love their favorite characters and can't let it go.

#52 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

@White Mage said:

@JediXMan said:

@White Mage said:

@Supreme Marvel said:

You know all the n00bs (initially wrote b00bs) never read the battle rules. Most of them are kids and most of them think Hulk is the strongest there is. Almost all of them don't read the battle rules, although most of the people on the site have never read the rules anyway.

Morpheus_ for the win. :P

...................................REEEEALLY?!

I'd be lying if I said I hadn't considered the possibility.

I even made a thread about it.

LMAO

I was a kid when I joined this site. That's why I was sensitive about revealing my age. What can I say, my wisdom/wit/language/ are beyond my years. However, these people are far too cray cray for me to think of kids...........I feel that they are trolling adults.

I'm not saying that all kids are like that. I'm saying that some of the trolls could be kids who really love their favorite characters and can't let it go.

I know. I'm just saying I feel better goin in on a grown man than I do goin in on a confused cartoon series fan.

#53 Posted by Doombot_666 (213 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

• Does your match have more than 10 characters going at it? Odds are this is FAR too complex and there are way too many variables. Please try to avoid these. (here's looking at you, vague X-Men vs JL threads)

This might not be a popular opinion, but I like team battles, and they often involve more than ten characters. I know they make things more complex. I like it that way. There is more strategy involved in team battles. The answers don't come as easily and you really have to pick the scenario apart. I don't think most teams (with an average of, say 7 members) are that hard to analyze in a battle. That's not to say things can't get out of hand (everyone who was ever an Avenger vs. everyone who was ever a Teen Titan), but for the most part, I enjoy team battles far more than any one on one or "tag team" scenario. Besides, most popular one on one scenarios have already been done. New "Superman da-da-da vs da-da-da Thor" threads just beat a dead horse.

#54 Edited by k4tzm4n (35232 posts) - - Show Bio

@Doombot_666: Nowhere did I say threads should me limited to one on one scenarios or attempt to imply there should be less creativity in threads. Hell, I'm sure a handful would dispute that I'm among the group of individuals that helped breathe more variety into the battles section with scenarios, gauntlets, and much more. So, apologies if that was somehow implied in that rule. The point I tried to make is regarding threads where people just spam a bunch of names onto two teams. Usually they're poorly balanced and frankly, poorly made. However, I do agree that I shouldn't have used 10. I updated the rule a bit.

Does your match have more than 14 characters going at it? Odds are this is far too complex and there are way too many variables (not to mention the difficulty in properly balancing such a match). Please try to avoid these. (here's looking at you, vague X-Men vs JL threads)

Everyone, also threw in a remark about abusing high end feats in the rule about low end feats. I thought it was obvious, but I included it just to be safe.

Staff Online
#55 Posted by Doombot_666 (213 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n: Agreed. I'm not a big fan of battles between gigantic, arbitrarily composed teams myself.

#56 Posted by Urbs (817 posts) - - Show Bio

I think something that may be added here is an addition to the "Does the match need a TON of rules to make it remotely fair? If so, don't make it." Is the fact that people are trying to compare specific things. For ex: Hulk Vs Superman(No super-speed, flight, heat vision, freeze-breathe, equal durability, etc etc.) Really all they're trying to ask for is, "Who's stronger Hulk or Superman", so they should just make that thread instead. Make sense? Seems like the rule already explains to do that, but some people may not agree. Of course some people may not agree that "Who's stronger Hulk or Superman" belongs in the battle thread, but that's another story.

#57 Posted by Mercy_ (92097 posts) - - Show Bio

DH wins.

#58 Posted by k4tzm4n (35232 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mercy_ said:

DH wins.

Scans or it never happened.

Staff Online
#59 Posted by Silver2467 (16527 posts) - - Show Bio
@Silver2467 said:
Not a huge epidemic or anything, but you might remark on not directly responding to posts made years ago. It can be tiresome when users bump threads by replying to old posts, and it can be equally as tiresome when you suddenly have a message in your inbox about a reply to something you said back in the day.
#60 Posted by k4tzm4n (35232 posts) - - Show Bio

@Silver2467:

• Take note of the date a post was made. If you see something you disagree with and feel like replying, take a moment to look at the date. It could be years old and that person has changed their mind or is possibly even no longer active. Continue through the thread and join the current convos instead of jumping in the time machine and going back in time.
  • If you're going to bump a very old thread, bring something new to the table. It's rather silly to bump something like "Deadpool vs Wolverine" with a post that only says "Deadpool" if it has been idle for over a year. I assure you, that's not changing any minds.

Staff Online
#61 Posted by majestic99 (8638 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n:

LMFAO!!!

m99

#62 Posted by joshmightbe (24103 posts) - - Show Bio

I like these rules and I have long since learned my lesson about posting joke battles, I rue the day I posted my Bane vs Doomsday thread.

#63 Posted by Saren (24411 posts) - - Show Bio
  • If you have never even read anything with a character in it (Hint: Thor) or if your knowledge of that character is confined to a respect thread on the internet, do not even bother making one-sided threads featuring that character in the guise of "learning".
#64 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane said:

• If you have never even read anything with a character in it (Hint: Thor) or if your knowledge of that character is confined to a respect thread on the internet, do not even bother making one-sided threads featuring that character in the guise of "learning".

Preferably, do not bother posting in said specific thread without enough knowledge to back your claims with the motive of simply attempting to raise your own post count.

#65 Edited by Silver2467 (16527 posts) - - Show Bio
@k4tzm4n said:

@Silver2467:

• Take note of the date a post was made. If you see something you disagree with and feel like replying, take a moment to look at the date. It could be years old and that person has changed their mind or is possibly even no longer active. Continue through the thread and join the current convos instead of jumping in the time machine and going back in time.
  • If you're going to bump a very old thread, bring something new to the table. It's rather silly to bump something like "Deadpool vs Wolverine" with a post that only says "Deadpool" if it has been idle for over a year. I assure you, that's not changing any minds.

LOL. 

@CitizenBane said:

I would change that to, "If you have never even read anything with a character (Hint: any Star Wars character), don't jump into threads and empirically state whether they win or lose a battle."
#66 Posted by God_Spawn (36011 posts) - - Show Bio
  • If you make 40 threads and no one answers. Don't make 40 more.
#67 Posted by Billy Batson (56982 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

but k4tz's threads are good :(
BB

#68 Posted by God_Spawn (36011 posts) - - Show Bio

@Billy Batson said:

@god_spawn said:

BB

So he thinks...

#69 Posted by Mercy_ (92097 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

@Mercy_ said:

DH wins.

Scans or it never happened.

It's because I'm not Morpheus_, right? You can't just take me word for it.

#70 Edited by k4tzm4n (35232 posts) - - Show Bio

Added:

Can you really say a character wins if you know nothing about the other one or your knowledge is just limited to some scans you've seen tossed around? Take advantage of the community's knowledge and ask questions before posting about who you think would win. Otherwise, you're just going to get called out on it and look foolish. You don't want that, right?
Staff Online
#71 Posted by HigorM (3243 posts) - - Show Bio

great job!

#72 Posted by k4tzm4n (35232 posts) - - Show Bio

@HigorM: Thanks!

Staff Online
#73 Posted by Erik (29926 posts) - - Show Bio

Still Gambit.

#74 Posted by JediXMan (28063 posts) - - Show Bio

@Billy Batson said:

@god_spawn said:

BB

... BWHAHAHA!

I'm sorry, K4tz, but this legitimately made me laugh...

#75 Posted by Illuminatus (9411 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool. I'll print this and publish it. Maybe I'll create a religion that is really just a guise for taking advantage of people both wealthy and poverty-stricken.

#76 Posted by k4tzm4n (35232 posts) - - Show Bio

@Illuminatus: I demand a cut! lol

Staff Online
#77 Edited by SlimJ87D (8961 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n:

How to use the search function so that you don't dupe threads

This is a quick example... I know it's not completely self explanatory but with your touch on a write up it can be.

#78 Posted by htb106 (1641 posts) - - Show Bio

this should help to bring more interesting battles to the forums

#79 Posted by SlimJ87D (8961 posts) - - Show Bio

Does anyone care to learn how to use the search function...

#80 Posted by k4tzm4n (35232 posts) - - Show Bio

@SlimJ87D: I was hoping I didn't have to explain to people how to use either search function. But, I'll add a memo under the search tab elaborating about it.

Staff Online
#81 Posted by k4tzm4n (35232 posts) - - Show Bio

@SlimJ87D:

The search function is found on the upper right hand part of the page. Obviously in this case you'll want to select "Battles" under the board drop down and then try searching for the match (ie Hulk vs Superman or Superman vs Hulk). If for some reason this option isn't working, open google or whichever search engine you commonly use. Then, type "comicvine" and after it, the match idea. For example "comicvine Superman vs Hulk" or "comicvine Hulk vs Superman."

@htb106: That's what I'm hoping for!

Staff Online
#82 Edited by SlimJ87D (8961 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n: Yeah, in the picture I showed an example. If you type Site:Comicvine.com _____________ then it will google inside of comic vines website.

Trust me, there are a lot of people that don't know this.

To even better your search, type this in google

Site:comicvine.com/forums/battles/7/ _________________________

Where _________ is the characters you are interested in.

Look how easy it was for me to find all the Superman vs Silver Surfer

https://www.google.com/search?sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=site%3Acomicvine.com+Bucky+vs#hl=en&sclient=psy-ab&q=site%3Acomicvine.com%2Fforums%2Fbattles%2F7%2F+Superman+vs+Silver+Surfer&oq=site:comicvine.com%2Fforums%2Fbattles%2F7%2F+Superman+vs+Silver+Surfer&aq=f&aqi=&aql=1&gs_nf=1&gs_l=serp.3...83685.86827.1.86969.25.25.0.0.0.0.95.1690.25.25.0.epsugrstma.1.IzeiSRdmZiQ&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.r_qf.,cf.osb&fp=a236bffb60808111&biw=541&bih=475

This method works much better than Comic Vines own search engine. Look at how I could even stalk you and see if you ever had an opinion in any the fight

https://www.google.com/search?sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=site%3Acomicvine.com+Bucky+vs#hl=en&sclient=psy-ab&q=site%3Acomicvine.com%2Fforums%2Fbattles%2F7%2F+Superman+vs+Silver+Surfer+%22k4tzm4n%22&oq=site:comicvine.com%2Fforums%2Fbattles%2F7%2F+Superman+vs+Silver+Surfer+%22k4tzm4n%22&aq=f&aqi=&aql=1&gs_nf=1&gs_l=serp.3...61450.63040.2.63422.4.4.0.0.0.0.59.226.4.4.0.epsugrstma.1.2T9ohHvL14k&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.r_qf.,cf.osb&fp=a236bffb60808111&biw=541&bih=475

Or your crossbones topics

https://www.google.com/search?sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=site%3Acomicvine.com+Bucky+vs#hl=en&sclient=psy-ab&q=site:comicvine.com%2Fforums%2Fbattles%2F7%2F+crossbones+%22k4tzm4n%22&oq=site:comicvine.com%2Fforums%2Fbattles%2F7%2F+crossbones+%22k4tzm4n%22&aq=f&aqi=&aql=1&gs_nf=1&gs_l=serp.3...79974.83175.3.83659.10.10.0.0.0.0.83.623.10.10.0.epsugrstma.1.Us92pS_ilB4&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.r_qf.,cf.osb&fp=a236bffb60808111&biw=541&bih=475

#83 Posted by k4tzm4n (35232 posts) - - Show Bio

@SlimJ87D: That post has a link to your image.

Staff Online
#84 Edited by SlimJ87D (8961 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

@SlimJ87D: That post has a link to your image.

Yeah, I should have fixed it better, make the google search more specific to the battle forum part. The search function command is

Site:comicvine.com/forums/battles/7 FOLLOWED BY YOUR SEARCH HERE

Well good job man, I'm really glad our community seems a bit more organized now.

#85 Posted by majestic99 (8638 posts) - - Show Bio

Question:

If the fight doesn't include comicbook characters, should the fight even be allowed?

#86 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@majestic99 said:

Question:

If the fight doesn't include comicbook characters, should the fight even be allowed?

Honestly depends on who is included and if enough information is known of said character to make a satisfactory argument.

#87 Posted by jashro44 (16462 posts) - - Show Bio
@majestic99 said:

Question:

We use comic versions unless stated otherwise. Its somewhere in the rules I think.
#88 Posted by majestic99 (8638 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks for the info.

#89 Posted by Erik (29926 posts) - - Show Bio

@SlimJ87D:

Top posters are immune to Battle stalking bwah ha ha ha! I followed the link you put for k4tz and google had his name included because at the time of the caching, he was a battle forum top poster. It is good to be immune.

#90 Posted by SlimJ87D (8961 posts) - - Show Bio

@Erik said:

@SlimJ87D:

Top posters are immune to Battle stalking bwah ha ha ha! I followed the link you put for k4tz and google had his name included because at the time of the caching, he was a battle forum top poster. It is good to be immune.

Yeah that's true, you guys pop up like on every page since you guys are pretty much right there. I would have to do more stuff in the control bar to find post from you. LIKE THIS ONE!

@Erik said:

@LT1085 said:
" Gargoyles in a massive bloody curbstomp. "

APPROXIMATELY 2 YEARS AGO YOU POSTED IN THIS FORUM ABOUT TMNT VS GARGOYLES! O_O

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles/7/tmnt-vs-gargoyles/547727/

#91 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

It's kinda sad because very few users are following these rules...

#92 Posted by SlimJ87D (8961 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget said:

And whose fault is that midget? I'm not point fingers but I think you of all people are the absolute root of the cause.

#93 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@SlimJ87D said:

@Deranged Midget said:

And whose fault is that midget? I'm not point fingers but I think you of all people are the absolute root of the cause.

Me? O_O What have I done...?

#94 Posted by SlimJ87D (8961 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget:

You and I both know what you did.

#95 Posted by Erik (29926 posts) - - Show Bio

@SlimJ87D said:

@Erik said:

@SlimJ87D:

Yeah that's true, you guys pop up like on every page since you guys are pretty much right there. I would have to do more stuff in the control bar to find post from you. LIKE THIS ONE!

@Erik said:

@LT1085 said:
" Gargoyles in a massive bloody curbstomp. "

APPROXIMATELY 2 YEARS AGO YOU POSTED IN THIS FORUM ABOUT TMNT VS GARGOYLES! O_O

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles/7/tmnt-vs-gargoyles/547727/

:O

#96 Posted by SlimJ87D (8961 posts) - - Show Bio
#97 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@SlimJ87D:

#98 Posted by SlimJ87D (8961 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget: Okay, I got nothing that can beat that hahah. Man I don't think I'll laugh that hard again today.

#99 Posted by Erik (29926 posts) - - Show Bio
#100 Posted by ReVamp (22860 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n: ...Oh my god, this is the tits. How I haven't seen this I don't know.