The Avengers vs The Dark Knight Rises vs The Amazing Spider-Man

This topic is locked from further discussion.

FuZySLiPeRz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By FuZySLiPeRz

Not your typical battle.. but the Battle for Summer 2012..

The AvengersVS

No Caption Provided

The Dark Knight Rises VS

No Caption Provided

The Amazing Spider-Man

No Caption Provided

Which movie is your preference? Which movie do you movie do you think holds a better future with in the box office?

FuZySLiPeRz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By FuZySLiPeRz

Here are some really well thought out points that that should help you make your decision:

"A lot of non-Marvel lovers, hated the "tone" of Avengers - I'm usually hearing the words "childish" and "unrealistic". Well, if people use childish and unrealistic to describe the Avengers, then that's what it is - Superhero movies have changed ever since... Batman Begins. I didn't intend to mention the film but I needed a reference. Nowadays, directors like to experiment with superhero characters and add a lot more realism to them to fit them in to OUR modern day society - which is good, but the intention of comic books were to show what life would be like if there were people that had superpowers or whatever - One line from an Iron Man comic that I read, was "I don't dream about the future - I create it"- That is the one reason why I love the Iron Man films, because Marvel stuck with how Tony Stark rolls in the comics - This is the same case with Avengers. I usually see MAJORITY DC fans saying "Avengers sucked, Iron Man is so unrealistic" - AND, just to be clear, don't anyone here say "I'm a DC fan and I didn't think Avengers sucked or Iron Man is unrealistic" - because I'm talking about everyone I've seen say that... Look, Marvel Studios has stayed truthful to the creation of superhero movies and I think Avengers really proved that - I even want to see a Justice League movie, but apparently the script is *sigh* dark and gritty just like Batman - Yeah yeah yeah whatever - I don't want to see a Dark Justice League film, I want to see a Justice League film - I think that WB should follow what Marvel did, so superhero films can be turned back to the way they should be - Fun and original. I'm not saying that people are doing the wrong thing by making dark superhero films, but I just don't want to live the next 50 years watching ALL superhero movies with that tone..." -

"It had a "Superhero" tone to it, really. I mean it had a bit of everything, from serious moments, drama, suspense, action. But overall the movie was a SUPERHERO movie at the core. We had heroes going toe-to-toe with one another, saving the helicarrier from falling out of the sky, huge alien invasion, stopping a nuclear missile. I mean seriously, the movie literally oozed super-heroics.

I think the whole "dark and gritty" tones work with certain heroes, Batman specifically. Other such as Spider-Man, who's origins involve the death of a loved one, should have a little dark tone in it, but should be balanced with fun-loving wise-cracking tone as well. That's something I think is what makes Marvel movies so enjoyably, as while yes they have some serious moment, the films are balanced with well timed humor and loveable moments that makes you love seeing these characters.

Just like in the comics, "dark and gritty" have their place, but comics are suppose to be fun and you can achieve that in many ways that don't always have to be dark and serious. This is something that I think should be expressed in the movies as well." -

Duke_Nasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Duke_Nasty

I enjoyed the Avengers the most which is funny because I like Spider-Man and Batman far more than any of the Avengers. I think a lot of people are here because of these movies so this flame up.

Sufferthorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Sufferthorn

The Avengers will keep it's current record for awhile...

Batman would have been a contender...if not...for the recent tragedy:(

FuZySLiPeRz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By FuZySLiPeRz

@Sufferthorn said:

I agree

The_Thunderer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By The_Thunderer

Avengers for me. I found batman not very superheroic.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By ShootingNova

@Sufferthorn said:

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ShootingNova

This should be in the off-topic section, shouldn't it?

TheSuperHuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By TheSuperHuman
@Sufferthorn said:

What tragedy? And Avengers all the way. That movie, no matter how many times I've seen it now, has given me both the shivers and a fast beating heart. It's a movie I've been waiting for for more than a decade.
ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ShootingNova

@TheSuperHuman said:

@Sufferthorn said:

What tragedy? And Avengers all the way. That movie, no matter how many times I've seen it now, has given me both the shivers and a fast beating heart. It's a movie I've been waiting for for more than a decade.

You haven't heard of the shooting?

TheSuperHuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TheSuperHuman
@ShootingNova said:

@TheSuperHuman said:

@Sufferthorn said:

You haven't heard of the shooting?

Nope. What happened?
ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ShootingNova
TheSuperHuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By TheSuperHuman
ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ShootingNova

@TheSuperHuman: It was all over CV and the news. Oh well, just read the link and you'll know what.

TheSuperHuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By TheSuperHuman
@ShootingNova said:

@TheSuperHuman: It was all over CV and the news. Oh well, just read the link and you'll know what.

Signs of a bad omen, really. "Don't go see TDKR, cause you never known when a costumed impersonator is carrying."
progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By progenitorigin

I enjoyed The Avengers the most, The Dark Knight Rises was just somewhat underwhelming for me. I actually thought that Hathaway pulled off a good Catwoman, however, I really wasn't very impressed with how Bane was portrayed. I expected someone larger, more menacing, with an intimidating intellect. I didn't get that impression from the character.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#17  Edited By Strider1992

Avengers: The plot was ok. I'd have expected much better from a movie with that kind of budget but the interactions/banter between the characters was very very good and I couldn't really fault the fight scenes that were also awesome.

TDKR: I haven't actually seen this movie yet so i'm reserving judgement on it. A couple of my friends have and they said it was good, not TDK good but definitely an awesome film.

Amazing Spider-man: Honestly when I went to see this one I was nervous. Didn't really know what to expect. There were a few bad things in it but in my opinion its definitely the best Spider-man film to date.

The Avengers will win the box office. TDKR i'm pretty damn sure will have the best plot and ASM will have the most entertainment value.

After seeing ASM I could watch it multiple times without getting bored. I came out of that movie feeling entertained. I couldn't say the same for the Avengers though. As good as the interaction was to me, it pretty much was just action scene after action scene with a very linear drive. TDK was an amazing film due to acting (thank you Mr Ledger) and the plot. Unfortunately for me its not something I can watch over and over again because of the heaviness of the whole thing. I never go into TDK thinking "i'm going to come out feeling upbeat afterwards". Its the kind of film you watch if you want to be challenged, you want something heavy and takes some brains to follow rather than just a linear plot. If TDKR is anything like TDK in its dark heavy side then I think i'll really enjoy it as long as i'm in the mood for something dark and heavy.

Box Office:

Avengers>TDKR>ASM

My personal preference:

ASM>TDKR>Avengers

This may change after i've seen TDKR but i'm not sure. I only enjoy dark and heavy films if i'm in the mood for them. Thats why i've got it second. It will most likely be better than the Avengers but it'll be hard to top how entertained I felt leaving the cinema after ASM. As its the last in the trilogy I hope I enjoy it lol!!

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ShootingNova

@TheSuperHuman said:

@ShootingNova said:

Signs of a bad omen, really. "Don't go see TDKR, cause you never known when a costumed impersonator is carrying."

LOL.

@Strider92 said:

Avengers: The plot was ok. I'd have expected much better from a movie with that kind of budget but the interactions/banter between the characters was very very good and I couldn't really fault the fight scenes that were also awesome.

TDKR: I haven't actually seen this movie yet so i'm reserving judgement on it. A couple of my friends have and they said it was good, not TDK good but definitely an awesome film.

Amazing Spider-man: Honestly when I went to see this one I was nervous. Didn't really know what to expect. There were a few bad things in it but in my opinion its definitely the best Spider-man film to date.

The Avengers will win the box office. TDKR i'm pretty damn sure will have the best plot and ASM will have the most entertainment value.

After seeing ASM I could watch it multiple times without getting bored. I came out of that movie feeling entertained. I couldn't say the same for the Avengers though. As good as the interaction was to me, it pretty much was just action scene after action scene with a very linear drive. TDK was an amazing film due to acting (thank you Mr Ledger) and the plot. Unfortunately for me its not something I can watch over and over again because of the heaviness of the whole thing. I never go into TDK thinking "i'm going to come out feeling upbeat afterwards". Its the kind of film you watch if you want to be challenged, you want something heavy and takes some brains to follow rather than just a linear plot. If TDKR is anything like TDK in its dark heavy side then I think i'll really enjoy it as long as i'm in the mood for something dark and heavy.

Box Office:

Avengers>TDKR>ASM

My personal preference:

ASM>TDKR>Avengers

This may change after i've seen TDKR but i'm not sure. I only enjoy dark and heavy films if i'm in the mood for them. Thats why i've got it second. It will most likely be better than the Avengers but it'll be hard to top how entertained I felt leaving the cinema after ASM. As its the last in the trilogy I hope I enjoy it lol!!

Hmm........

ASM was too....... different. LOL

I loved Avengers, more so than ASM.

Om4zd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Om4zd

@Sufferthorn: TDKR has already beaten the opening box office numbers of Avengers worldwide hasn't it?

coolsam125

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By coolsam125

1.Dark knight Rises- because all the way in the movie it is just epic. Best Climax

2.Avengers- It was really good too but not as much epicness

3.Amazing Spiderman- Better then the previous movies of spiderman movies and is good too.

Avatar image for rudebomberboy01
RudeBomberBoy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By RudeBomberBoy01

I'm going with Avengers, no matter how many times I've seen the damn movie, it still manages to get me excited!

I've seen that movie 5 times in the cinema lol, with different people each time.

Dark Knight Rises was awesome but not the type of movie I can re-watch over and over again. Kinda like James Cameron Avatar.

Amazing Spider-Man was also awesome. In terms of being a movie as a whole, the old Spider-Man movies were better but in terms of portraying Spider-Man and how he actually is, Amazing Spider-Man got that and was closer to the comics than the older Spider-Man movies.

Right now: Avengers>Dark Knight Rises>Amazing Spider-Man.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#22  Edited By Deranged Midget

None of these films are comparable to one another, but I preferred both the ASM and The Avengers over TDKR.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#23  Edited By Deranged Midget

@BlueLantern1995 said:

@Deranged Midget said:

None of these films are comparable to one another, but I preferred both the ASM and The Avengers over TDKR.

Agree, except I haven't seen TDKR yet

And that's where the preference comes in.

HBKTimHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By HBKTimHBK

I preferred the Dark Knight Rises the most, Christopher Nolan was always good at making an actual plot.

ChaosBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#25  Edited By ChaosBlazer

@HBKTimHBK said:

I preferred the Dark Knight Rises the most, Christopher Nolan was always good at making an actual plot.

Agreed.

Avengers was good and had some nice action scenes but it can't compare to the twists and turns in the Dark Knight Rises. Same with Spiderman.

Avatar image for kalthehokage_2007
KalTheHokage_2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is so difficult because all three were really good

1. The Dark Knight Rises - Every minute of this movie was AWESOME! Story line and effects were great

2. The Amazing Spider-man - Loved the way Andrew Garfield portrayed Peter Parker

3. The Avengers - Awesome, loved Cap and the rest, but story line failed me (I over-expected).

karrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By karrob

@FuZySLiPeRz said:

@Sufferthorn said:

I agree

agreed!

Avatar image for imthedamnbatman
ImTheDamnBatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By ImTheDamnBatman

I hate Marvel. I'm going to say it. I'm almost always biased against it. That should tell how much it means when I say The Avengers was AWWWWWWESOME. Possibly the greatest action flick of all time. My major beef with TA was the story. It was kind of meh. To know if a film has a good story, I always ask myself, "Could I watch this film without any sound, and still enjoy the movie?" And for TA, I could, because the story honestly wasn't very crucial to the movie, the most memorable parts were either fight scenes or one-liners. As for TDKR, I expected it to curbstomp TA. But in truth, it didn't live up to what I thought it would be. I still enjoyed it more than TA, because it had the action AND a climactic story. I haven't seen ASM, and I don't really plan to.

neale7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By neale7

I may be bias here as I’ve been a Batman fan all my life, but it was definitely Dark Knight Rises for me. I must admit that I went into the film expecting it to be good but not fantastic. In the end though, I found it better than TDK. I also preferred Bane as a villain to the Joker. Every time Bane was on screen my attention was held. I was just in “awe” of him. He was a terrifying villain. It does have its faults, but I found it the best movie of the three for me and a nice wrap up to the trilogy.

Avengers is a tough one for me. I enjoyed it and I can appreciate the scope and scale of the film that’s been building for years. Also having more than one main superhero in a film and making it work is an achievement. I did enjoy it but I felt like something was missing from it. I still can’t put my finger on it.

Also the people who didn’t like it because it’s not realistic enough, is stupid in my opinion. It’s a comic book movie, and anything is possible in a comic book movie because anything is possible in a comic book.This is the only problem I think that the Nolan bat films have caused. It’s the “Realistic approach”. Comic book movies now seem to be measured against the Nolan films and that’s wrong. Not every superhero can work well in a realistic tone like the Nolan films.

Avengers is a great COMIC BOOK movie, and what Marvel has achieved over the past years with their solo superhero films and building them to the scale of Avengers should be applauded. Also with them finding a writer and director who care’s about the characters is a super bonus.

In my honest opinion, I don’t think Warner Bros/DC will make a JLA film in the scale of the Avengers or as good as. They seem to be to scared to take a risk and put proper time and effort into mapping out a franchise.

The Amazing Spider-Man I really enjoyed. I was never a fan of the Raimi films one bit. I wasn’t keen on Toby Maguire as Peter or Spider-Man. Not a fan of Kirsten Dunst either. This version I enjoyed though. What the “untold story” was or whatever they were billing it as, was news to me as it the same origin I’ve seen before. If they meant with his parents, then we still don’t know as it was left unresolved. That aside, I enjoyed the story, the acting and the chemistry between Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone. I believed they were Peter and Gwen. We didn’t get “with great power, comes great reasonability”, which did annoy me a tiny bit. Also I thought that SPOILER…..

…..they’d have kept Captain Stacy alive at least till the sequel.

Good film though.

1: TDKR

2: Amazing Spider-Man

3. The Avengers

Avatar image for thecheesestabber
TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#30  Edited By TheCheeseStabber

Gota go with TDKR I mean It was the endd of a legacy and you couldn't ask for more there all done, but Avengers and Spiderman sill have movies to come so :3

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

In a battle Avengers stomp. In better movie, I'd say TDKR, then Avengers, then Amazing Spider-Man.

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

TDKR had the most twists, it was so in depth, new characters that arrived had full development .... the story was just epic ... Avengers second, and ASM was just ok for me ..

ChaosMarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By ChaosMarvel

Having now seen all of them imo:

TDKR was the best. It was the end of the trilogy and apart from a few little things I couldn't really fault it. Followed by Amazing Spider-man. It was better than the Avengers because of the plot and because of Garfield's performance as Spider-man. Avengers plot-line failed it. As most people have said it was just a linear plot with lots of action and no real thought put in.

TDKR>ASM>Avengers

Nihonzaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Nihonzaki

IMO, I found TASM to be the best out of the three. Andrew Garfield's performance as Peter was nothing short of amazing. The story was great too, not to mention the chemistry between him and Gwen. TASM was definitely the best S-M film to date. TDKR was an awesome movie, and Christian Bale is a great actor, along with Anne Hathaway, but the extreme darkness turns me off a bit. I still really enjoyed the movie however. Now the Avengers, (and I'm sorry to say this) was not that great of a movie at all. It lacked story, which is an important part of movies. It did have amazing action scenes though.

If it were up to me in terms of box office, TASM>/=TDKR>TA

But in reality, the box office will be like this. TA>TDKR>TASM(A lot of people don't want to see the TASM because they changed the actors, which is silly because these actors are far better and the movie was far better than the previous S-M films.)

minigunman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#35  Edited By minigunman123

@ImTheDamnBatman: I agree, I'm not a large Marvel fan, but I loved the movie. I still prefer Batman Begins and TDKR over it though. They have amazing plot and are far more realistic; realism isn't necessary in comics, but I prefer it in all movies, even comic books, to a small degree, and ESPECIALLY with someone like Batman. Avengers was awesome but didn't have an excellent plot, didn't explain how Thor arrived, and in general was more of an action movie than a thriller. It was more about fighting, and explosions, and fun, which is great, the movie was still awesome, but TDKR and all of the other Batman films Nolan made have epic plots, moral questioning in them, and in general a lot more emotion. I prefer that over Avengers.

thespidey307

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By thespidey307

This is my list of my favorites:

1. The Avengers

2. The Dark Knight Rises

3. The Amazing Spider-Man

Sonata