Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

The Avengers

• Captain America, Thor, Hulk, Hawkeye, Iron Man, Black Widow, Nick Fury

VS

Iron Man 3

• All Iron Man armor variants (1-42), including Tony Stark himself as shown in Iron Man 3

Rules

• Morals on and in character
  • Standard equipment
  • Basic knowledge
  • Both teams have 1 hour prep, but do not know who they are facing.
  • Start on opposite ends of the city
  • Standard elimination rules

Setting

New York (as shown in The Avengers)

BONUS ROUND :

• Morals on and in character
  • Start 15 ft. apart
  • Standard equipment (Hawkeye has trick arrows)
  • Standard elimination rules

Captain America, Hawkeye, and Black Widow

VS.

50 Extremis supersoldiers

Avatar image for deactivated-611928878d365
deactivated-611928878d365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hulk, Thor and Iron Man stomp the Iron Legion. I think Cap,Clint and Natasha can beat Extremis soldiers with difficulty. (Cap blocks everything while Hawkeye and Black Widow shoot from afar.)

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Truthfully, I don't see anything from team IM3 as being capable of stopping the Hulk or Thor.

As for the bonus round... starting distance and does Hawkeye have all of his trick arrows?

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oscars94 said:

Hulk, Thor and Iron Man stomp the Iron Legion. I think Cap,Clint and Natasha can beat Extremis soldiers with difficulty. (Cap blocks everything while Hawkeye and Black Widow shoot from afar.)

I don't think they would stomp. The Iron Men would still put up a really good fight.

As for the Bonus Round, Captain America will have to think of a better strategy. Mere bullets won't do much then faze the Extremis supersoldiers. In the movie they soaked up the damage like nothing. When Rhodey shot them in the final battle, they just flinched and regenerated from it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6746eab553d
deactivated-5d6746eab553d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avengers

nightwingnerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

Iron Man 3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n said:

Truthfully, I don't see anything from team IM3 as being capable of stopping the Hulk or Thor.

As for the bonus round... starting distance and does Hawkeye have all of his trick arrows?

Do you think I should give the prep to the Iron Man 3 team instead?

And I'll edit in more details. I'll say starting distance is 15 ft for the Bonus Round.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#8 k4tzm4n  Moderator

@k4tzm4n said:

And I'll edit in more details. I'll say starting distance is 15 ft for the Bonus Round.

Giving Tony Stark prep basically turns the thread into fan fiction and speculation over what he could use. Truthfully, I'd say having Hulk or Thor just gives this balancing issues.

Then they're quite screwed. At a distance, Clint could lower their numbers with that insanely powerful explosive arrow, but 15 feet is far too close. They basically have to defeat 16 each in close proximity and I don't see that happening (considering how difficult they are to drop).

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n said:

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek said:

@k4tzm4n said:

Giving Tony Stark prep basically turns the thread into fan fiction and speculation over what he could use. Truthfully, I'd say having Hulk or Thor just gives this balancing issues.

Then they're quite screwed. At a distance, Clint could lower their numbers with that insanely powerful explosive arrow, but 15 feet is far too close. They basically have to defeat 16 each in close proximity and I don't see that happening (considering how difficult they are to drop).

I could see Black Widow holding them off so that Hawkeye could get even more distance, while Captain America covers Hawkeye if any of the Extremis supersoldiers get too close.

I gave prep to both teams so its not unfair in anyway. Any suggestions to how to balance Hulk and Thor?

coltnelson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1 - Given that these are merely empty robotic suits, Thor nukes them. He shouldn't have any moral problems with trashing a bunch of Tony's suits. So round 1 is a stomp. It was pretty evident in IM3 that Extremis easily matched any of Tony's Iron Man armors. Nearly every time a suit was shown in single combat with an Extremis soldier, the suit lost. Even when Tony was piloting the suits, he he burned through 3 or 4 of them fighting Killian. Even Pepper Potts was able to fairly effortlessly dispatch a suit at the end of the film.

Round 2 - Captain America is the only one that stands a chance in this fight. And given that, 50 Extremis soldiers are too much. Tony got tossed around every single time he went toe-to-toe with an Extremis soldier. Extremis made the soldiers stronger and faster than the Iron Man armor, and on top of that, Extremis soldiers could burn straight through metal just with their touch. While potneitally quicker in combat, Cap is most likely no where near as strong as Tony's suits, and additionally, he can neither fly (like the suits) or would he have any way of significantly damaging the Extremis soldiers. Hawkeye could potentially use explosive arrows but even then, that would be hit or miss in terms of lethality. Killian was able to shrug off the self-destruct explosion of the Mark 42 armor and Pepper Potts was able to fall 200 some feet into an explosion without any signs of damage. Black Widow's pistols would be useless. He electric gloves may be useful given that it was shown in IM3 that one Extremis soldier was presumably killed by a combination of an explosion and landing in power lines. However, to use her electric gloves, she would have to engage in hand-to-hand combat with an enemy that would be faster and stronger by a wide margin.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1 - Given that these are merely empty robotic suits, Thor nukes them. He shouldn't have any moral problems with trashing a bunch of Tony's suits. So round 1 is a stomp. It was pretty evident in IM3 that Extremis easily matched any of Tony's Iron Man armors. Nearly every time a suit was shown in single combat with an Extremis soldier, the suit lost. Even when Tony was piloting the suits, he he burned through 3 or 4 of them fighting Killian. Even Pepper Potts was able to fairly effortlessly dispatch a suit at the end of the film.

Problem is, Thor has no way of knowing there are nobody in the suits. I'm depending on Thor's morals, since he will think people are in the Iron Man suits and hold back a lot against them, possibly resulting in him being ganged on and a possible KO. The Extremis can heal though, so that is an edge they have against Thor, so you can't really compare them. Tony going through 2-3 of the Iron Man suits was just part of the movie to buildup to the climax, since Tony could have just flown in the air and spammed his energy attacks against Killian. But I suppose, if its morals on, it could end the same way. Iron Man has already displayed he can hang around with Thor for an extended period of time, so Tony with backup could take down the Norse God of Thunder.

Round 2 - Captain America is the only one that stands a chance in this fight. And given that, 50 Extremis soldiers are too much. Tony got tossed around every single time he went toe-to-toe with an Extremis soldier. Extremis made the soldiers stronger and faster than the Iron Man armor, and on top of that, Extremis soldiers could burn straight through metal just with their touch. While potneitally quicker in combat, Cap is most likely no where near as strong as Tony's suits, and additionally, he can neither fly (like the suits) or would he have any way of significantly damaging the Extremis soldiers. Hawkeye could potentially use explosive arrows but even then, that would be hit or miss in terms of lethality. Killian was able to shrug off the self-destruct explosion of the Mark 42 armor and Pepper Potts was able to fall 200 some feet into an explosion without any signs of damage. Black Widow's pistols would be useless. He electric gloves may be useful given that it was shown in IM3 that one Extremis soldier was presumably killed by a combination of an explosion and landing in power lines. However, to use her electric gloves, she would have to engage in hand-to-hand combat with an enemy that would be faster and stronger by a wide margin.

I think Killian and Pepper Pot had lots of plot shield. Killian's right hand man Extremis bodyguard was killed in one energy blast to the chest while Iron Man and him were duking it out in the airplane, so if these are just fodder Extremis supersoldiers, an explosive arrow from Hawkeye would take a couple of them down, and that's just one arrow. Captain America could buy them more time by swinging his shield and knocking them back for Hawkeye to keep his distance and unload more explosive arrows. Black Widow could also hold them back and distract them, or even have a little strategy to take some out (I mean, even Rhodey managed to take down a couple of them). Sure, Natasha is not nearly as strong as any of the Extremis supersoldiers, but she is pretty fast and agile to hold her own and use her electric gloves. Also, Rhodey managed to knock back the Extremis supersoldier when he was forced out of the Iron Patriot suit, so its not impossible to take them down. She's tanked a hit from Hulk before, so I don't think she's a non-factor here.

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tony was able to beat extremis enhanced soldiers with nothing more than his bravado and some home-made stuff. I would give Round to Hawkeye, Natasha, and Caps on just principle alone lmao.

Erick_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Erick_Williams

Captain America, Hawkeye, and Black Widow should die , im sorry guys :/

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tony was able to beat extremis enhanced soldiers with nothing more than his bravado and some home-made stuff. I would give Round to Hawkeye, Natasha, and Caps on just principle alone lmao.

I'm pretty sure those were just regular guards if you are referring to when Tony had the ornaments that exploded.

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek: I was speaking about the guy and the girl he fought in the town. For trained soldiers they were very bad lol.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek: I was speaking about the guy and the girl he fought in the town. For trained soldiers they were very bad lol.

Oh yeah I remember what you're talking about now. Yeah Tony had a bit of luck with the environment with that though, and with the bald guy he might not have been out of that jam if not for the kid.

Assman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Assman

So, you have one version of Tony in the Avengers basically fighting another version, that's....? a few months ahead of him and some what more anxiety prone due to the events in the Avengers movie?

Megabeast1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omgomgwtfwtf: the guys he took out with that homemade stuff weren't Extremis advanced soldiers, they were just regular guys.

As for the battle, I would give the Avengers the victory with minimal ease even though they are outnumbered, the suits didn't seem that tough for the Extremis Supersoldiers to take down, so why couldn't Thor and Hulk do just that.

As for the bonus round, I give a easy victory to the Extremis soldiers, they were pretty tough to take down, and I don't think the three avengers could do much to them, especially being amazingly outnumbered like they are.

GenuineBadger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump