Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#2  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

I've actually been meaning to reread Monarchy lately, but right now I'm not fresh on what everyone could do. Don't know if what I'm recalling right now is accurate or not. I'm most sure of Professor Q though, and I think she'd be a problem for the Authority on her own. If she whipped up a black hole real fast the team would have a hard time dealing with. If she held back some she'd still be more than a match for most of them. I don't remember Battalion's telepathy level during Monarchy, but if it was close to where it is now (though he got some help from being shot in the head) and he caught Jeroen off-guard he could probably handle him in a way similar to how he handled Habib. Jon Farmer was a powerful energy manipulator I think, and The Metropolitan was adaptable with a god for a power source so he'd might have the magic angle needed to handle The Doctor. And Syngery shouldn't be overlooked. She could depower most of the Authority with a touch. I think the Monarchy would win.

drkhwk2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By drkhwk2001

I will go with my beloved Authority. First of all based on their  love hate relationships with one another. They know know each other as well as the justice League teams.But are are willing to go that extra mile for one another(kill, mame, .whatever). The Doctor could hit Prof Q first and deal with her mind and thus prevent her from using cosmic weapons. I think Battalion could be handled by Hawksmoor and The Engineer. While engaging Battalion, The Engineer could replicate herself and interface with the city and dare him to control buildings. Since magic is based so much on elements and and the sun and the moon. Apollo could cause a 24 HR day, situation and cause a flux in magical incantations. Doors are a whole different animal to deal with. Apollo is a missile with solar ramifications. With the use of doors. He and midnighter could spend seconds in each fight scenario striking and leaving at will.

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#4  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator
@mrtrickster said:
  @Buckshot: what do you think about jackson king? he should be the second biggest threat after professor Q IMO.  
should I add Jenny Q into the fight?"
I mentioned before that I didn't remember the level of Battalion's telepathy. Since there's some opposition to my viewpoint I think I'll reread Monarchy shortly, but care to give me a quick example of his telepathy during the book? Depending on his level, Jenny Q might be just as useless as she was during Authority Prime. 

@drkhwk2001 said:
" I will go with my beloved Authority. First of all based on their  love hate relationships with one another. They know know each other as well as the justice League teams.But are are willing to go that extra mile for one another(kill, mame, .whatever). The Doctor could hit Prof Q first and deal with her mind and thus prevent her from using cosmic weapons. I think Battalion could be handled by Hawksmoor and The Engineer. While engaging Battalion, The Engineer could replicate herself and interface with the city and dare him to control buildings. Since magic is based so much on elements and and the sun and the moon. Apollo could cause a 24 HR day, situation and cause a flux in magical incantations. Doors are a whole different animal to deal with. Apollo is a missile with solar ramifications. With the use of doors. He and midnighter could spend seconds in each fight scenario striking and leaving at will. "
Why would the Doctor hit Q first, and how would he do it before she can do something? The Doctor is not the fastest to react on his team and Q is the fastest character in the whole fight. And why would he be drawn to her anyway? Jon Farmer is an obviously powerful opponent and The Metropolitan would register on The Doctor's radar as a magical threat. I'm not sure what you're thinking with the Engineer interfacing with a city or "daring" Battalion to do something. Hawksmoor or Angie could take on Battalion, but I don't think he'd take them on. Seems more likely that he'd get one of his teammates who can match them and have them protect him. He knows he's a valuable player and he's had his team protect him in similar situations. I'm even more lost on where you're coming up with what Apollo would do. The Doors are hot but the queen of technology is on the opposite team. I think she could handle the Doors. But again, I think I need to read over the volume.