• 54 results
bumnut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By bumnut

The Authority goes to challenge the Illuminati just as they're adding two new members to they're fold, Black Panther and Scarlet Witch. How does the battle go? Which side gets a majority?

With Black Panther and Scarlet Witch added.

vs

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By King_Saturn
This Maybe A Wimp Move... but cant The Doctor and Jenny Quantum of The Authority wipe out the core of The Illumanti team ?
geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By geraldthesloth

What wanda are we using?

DC_Marvel_1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By DC_Marvel_1000
@King Saturn said:
"This Maybe A Wimp Move... but cant The Doctor and Jenny Quantum of The Authority wipe out the core of The Illumanti team ?
"

midnighter ftw lol.
bumnut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By bumnut
@DC_Marvel_1000 said:
"@King Saturn said:
"This Maybe A Wimp Move... but cant The Doctor and Jenny Quantum of The Authority wipe out the core of The Illumanti team ?
"
midnighter ftw lol. "

Midnighter?? Is gonna solo the Illuminati? O.K.

@King Saturn said:
"

Really? With a huge scale reality warping Scarlet Witch!
geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By geraldthesloth
@bumnut said:
" @DC_Marvel_1000 said:
"@King Saturn said:
"
midnighter ftw lol. "

@King Saturn said:
"
Really? With a huge scale reality warping Scarlet Witch! "
Thanks for answering my question

no more authority.
bumnut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By bumnut
@geraldthesloth said:
"What wanda are we using?"

"No more mutants" :-)
bumnut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By bumnut
@geraldthesloth said:
"@bumnut said:
" @DC_Marvel_1000 said:
"@King Saturn said:
"
midnighter ftw lol. "

@King Saturn said:
"
Thanks for answering my questionno more authority."

Even with Jenny Quantum and the Doctor their?
DC_Marvel_1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By DC_Marvel_1000
@bumnut said:
"@geraldthesloth said:
"What wanda are we using?"
"No more mutants" :-) "
ok then they win, WTF are they gonna do if wanda says ''no more authority'' XD, and i only put midnighter just for kicks :P i know he can't solo
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By King_Saturn
@bumnut said:

@King Saturn said:
"
But Wanda is just One Huge Scale Reality Warper... The Doctor and Jenny Quantum are a duo here... Wanda cant beat them both by herself
bumnut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By bumnut
@King Saturn said:
"@bumnut said:

@King Saturn said:
"
But Wanda is just One Huge Scale Reality Warper... The Doctor and Jenny Quantum are a duo here... Wanda cant beat them both by herself"

Well, she doesn't have too lol this is a team battle, i'm sure eveyone's gonna be preoccupied in this battle, it's just a matter of playing out different scenarios and battle scenes on who comes out on top! That's what i'm trying to find out, how strong does Wanda have a handle on her powers? Couldn't someone like the Doctor or Jenny Quantum counter her?
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By King_Saturn
@bumnut said:
" @King Saturn said:
"@bumnut said:

@King Saturn said:
"
But Wanda is just One Huge Scale Reality Warper... The Doctor and Jenny Quantum are a duo here... Wanda cant beat them both by herself"
Well, she doesn't have too lol this is a team battle, i'm sure eveyone's gonna be preoccupied in this battle, it's just a matter of playing out different scenarios and battle scenes on who comes out on top! That's what i'm trying to find out, how strong does Wanda have a handle on her powers? Couldn't someone like the Doctor or Jenny Quantum counter her? "
But who here besides Wanda could handle or even distract a High Scale Reality Warper ?
Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#13  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

I don't care which Scarlet Witch you use, she performed an upper level feat what, once in her entire life? Twice if you count her undoing it? The first time it didn't work and people weren't tricked and it was undone. And the second time didn't work and there are tons of mutants running around despite what she wished. I'm by no means saying she's not powerful, but she doesn't have the greatest track record and I don't see her effortlessly ending Jenny and Habib, either of which can make whole dimensions and rewrite time from it's beginning to it's end (and The Doctor has even died a few times and shook it off).

DC_Marvel_1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By DC_Marvel_1000
@Buckshot said:
"I don't care which Scarlet Witch you use, she performed an upper level feat what, once in her entire life? Twice if you count her undoing it? The first time it didn't work and people weren't tricked and it was undone. And the second time didn't work and there are tons of mutants running around despite what she wished. I'm by no means saying she's not powerful, but she doesn't have the greatest track record and I don't see her effortlessly ending Jenny and Habib, either of which can make whole dimensions and rewrite time from it's beginning to it's end (and The Doctor has even died a few times and shook it off). "
well there ya go.
geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By geraldthesloth
@Buckshot said:
" I don't care which Scarlet Witch you use, she performed an upper level feat what, once in her entire life? Twice if you count her undoing it? The first time it didn't work and people weren't tricked and it was undone. And the second time didn't work and there are tons of mutants running around despite what she wished. I'm by no means saying she's not powerful, but she doesn't have the greatest track record and I don't see her effortlessly ending Jenny and Habib, either of which can make whole dimensions and rewrite time from it's beginning to it's end (and The Doctor has even died a few times and shook it off). "
She did it around 5 times in the same story arc.
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator
@King Saturn said:

But who here besides Wanda could handle or even distract a High Scale Reality Warper ? "
Strange could if his team could buy him time (questionable) and Professor X if he can catch Jenny and Habib off guard (also questionable). It doesn't have to be a stomp, but you need to work it out instead of saying "no more mutants".
bumnut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By bumnut
@King Saturn said:
"@bumnut said:
" @King Saturn said:
"@bumnut said:

@King Saturn said:
"
Well, she doesn't have too lol this is a team battle, i'm sure eveyone's gonna be preoccupied in this battle, it's just a matter of playing out different scenarios and battle scenes on who comes out on top! That's what i'm trying to find out, how strong does Wanda have a handle on her powers? Couldn't someone like the Doctor or Jenny Quantum counter her? "
But who here besides Wanda could handle or even distract a High Scale Reality Warper ? "

Um, Doctor Strange!
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator
@geraldthesloth said:
" @Buckshot said:
" I don't care which Scarlet Witch you use, she performed an upper level feat what, once in her entire life? Twice if you count her undoing it? The first time it didn't work and people weren't tricked and it was undone. And the second time didn't work and there are tons of mutants running around despite what she wished. I'm by no means saying she's not powerful, but she doesn't have the greatest track record and I don't see her effortlessly ending Jenny and Habib, either of which can make whole dimensions and rewrite time from it's beginning to it's end (and The Doctor has even died a few times and shook it off). "
She did it around 5 times in the same story arc. "
She completely changed the world 5 times? Maybe I missed something. What were the 5 things?
geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By geraldthesloth
@Buckshot said:
" @geraldthesloth said:
" @Buckshot said:
She completely changed the world 5 times? Maybe I missed something. What were the 5 things? "
She redid the universe a few times in that and created a whole new reality.

Ill find the scans later but I remember a section in the Exiles were in the Panoptichron or whatever the heck it was called, they acknowledged her remaking 616 multiple times. than creating the house of M universe aka Earth-58163
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By King_Saturn
@Buckshot said:
" @King Saturn said:

Strange could if his team could buy him time (questionable) and Professor X if he can catch Jenny and Habib off guard (also questionable). It doesn't have to be a stomp, but you need to work it out instead of saying "no more mutants". "
Hmmm... thats a good point

@bumnut said:
" @King Saturn said:
"@bumnut said:
" @King Saturn said:
"@bumnut said:

@King Saturn said:
"
Um, Doctor Strange! "
Only if Strange has a little bit of time to get his attacks off here... and Doc Strange isnt quite what he used to be in his earlier days either

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator
@geraldthesloth said:
" @Buckshot said:
" @geraldthesloth said:
" @Buckshot said:
She completely changed the world 5 times? Maybe I missed something. What were the 5 things? "

Ill find the scans later but I remember a section in the Exiles were in the Panoptichron or whatever the heck it was called, they acknowledged her remaking 616 multiple times. than creating the house of M universe aka Earth-58163 "
Ok. But in any case, she clearly failed. Her changes didn't amount to much if she had to keep fixing it. And both Jenny and Habib have the ability to decreate and recreate the universe/realities as well. They're also skilled with their powers and actually know what they're doing and have had experience with people of their power level (each other as well as previous and alternate versions of themselves) so I think they'd be better prepared to deal with something like her than she would with them. And if they're not enough, Jenny has shown that she can call upon alternate versions of herself (an evil version of Jenny as just a baby was able to rip the multiverse apart and bring it crashing down on Earth) at a whim (and Habib can similarly affect alternate realities). 
bumnut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By bumnut

Dr Strange was still himself in the Illuminati days lol still not quite classic days, but it's only been recently, as in the past year or so that his powers started to ebb and got replaced.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By King_Saturn
@bumnut said:
" Dr Strange was still himself in the Illuminati days lol still not quite classic days, but it's only been recently, as in the past year or so that his powers started to ebb and got replaced. "
well thats true to some extent... but its still not a given Strange could hold off a High Scale Reality Warper... Strange may still have had great magical power in his Illuminati days... but unless he can draw from his Classic Days... and has at least a few minutes to prep an attack he could be in trouble here...
bumnut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By bumnut

He very well could be, but that goes both ways ;-) I am leaning towards the Authoritay in this one, and willing to give them 7/10 against the Illuminati.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

I'm wondering if I should switch sides just so there's something to talk about.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#26  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Strange solos.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

No he doesn't, stop being silly.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#28  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Buckshot said:
" No he doesn't, stop being silly. "
I was attention whoring actually but close enough...
ThanosIsMad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By ThanosIsMad

The Authority's deadliness lies in their teamwork.  Mr. Majestic could solo the entire team one on one, but even he said he didn't want to deal with them all simultaneously.

This would be a good fight, though, especially if Xavier can mess with Midnighter's ability to predict movements.  But considering he couldn't read Joker during the Dreamwar crossover, I say there's a possibility.

bumnut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By bumnut
@Buckshot said:
"I'm wondering if I should switch sides just so there's something to talk about. "

Meaning you think it's a one sided battle?
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By King_Saturn
@ThanosIsMad said:
" The Authority's deadliness lies in their teamwork.  Mr. Majestic could solo the entire team one on one, but even he said he didn't want to deal with them all simultaneously.This would be a good fight, though, especially if Xavier can mess with Midnighter's ability to predict movements.  But considering he couldn't read Joker during the Dreamwar crossover, I say there's a possibility. "
Majestic is on The Authority Roster here ?
bumnut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By bumnut

Um, not in my Authority ;-)

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator
@King Saturn said:
" @ThanosIsMad said:
" The Authority's deadliness lies in their teamwork.  Mr. Majestic could solo the entire team one on one, but even he said he didn't want to deal with them all simultaneously.This would be a good fight, though, especially if Xavier can mess with Midnighter's ability to predict movements.  But considering he couldn't read Joker during the Dreamwar crossover, I say there's a possibility. "
Majestic is on The Authority Roster here ? "
I don't think you read his post correctly.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By King_Saturn
@bumnut said:
" Um, not in my Authority ;-) "
I was gonna say... cause if thats the case Illuminati would be in even deeper Doo Doo here...

lmao
bumnut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By bumnut
@Buckshot said:
"@King Saturn said:
" @ThanosIsMad said:
I don't think you read his post correctly. "

Ah, yes, see what you mean, but that's a pretty big call for even Majestic, solo'ing the Authority one on one!
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By King_Saturn
@Buckshot said:
" @King Saturn said:
" @ThanosIsMad said:
I don't think you read his post correctly. "
Aw Crap... I see it now
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator
@ThanosIsMad said:
Midnighter not reading Joker is probably the single dumbest thing from Dreamwar, probably followed by Batman taking down a robot with knockout gas. 

@bumnut said:
" @Buckshot said:
"I'm wondering if I should switch sides just so there's something to talk about. "
Meaning you think it's a one sided battle? "
No, I think it could be an interesting battle either way but the Illuminati's potential is not being realized.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By King_Saturn
I still dont see how Illuminati can win this fight still...
Avatar image for secret_turchin_man
Secret Turchin Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Illuminati would have to put together a hell of a coordinated first strike to have a real shot here. Something like Wanda and Strange amplifying the ever livin' jeebus outta Blackbolt's voice as he screams as loud as he can while Prof X attacks the Authority psychically to distract them from the real threat. Even then I don't really see it working. Not even sure if it's plausible, but BB voice has made cosmic level beings take notice.

bumnut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By bumnut
@King Saturn said:
"I still dont see how Illuminati can win this fight still...
"

Oh, they definately can gain some wins, it's far from a one sided battle, as Buck stated, and as I said before, I think the Illuminate can knock out a win or two, but i'd give the majority to the Authority 7/10 over the Illuminati.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By King_Saturn
@bumnut said:
" @King Saturn said:
"I still dont see how Illuminati can win this fight still...
"
Oh, they definately can gain some wins, it's far from a one sided battle, as Buck stated, and as I said before, I think the Illuminate can knock out a win or two, but i'd give the majority to the Authority 7/10 over the Illuminati. "
They may can win a few fights here or there... but not the battle itself
bumnut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By bumnut

You mean win some battles, but not the war :-)

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By King_Saturn
@bumnut said:
" You mean win some battles, but not the war :-) "
yeah... I knew it went something like that

lol
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Here, I'll get you started: Wanda starts off with as powerful an attack as she can muster which will keep The Authority's big guns busy for at least a little while. Strange throws up protection for his team and gets to work on...something. Black Bolt lets loose a scream (killing Swift, Rose and Midnighter) while Xavier attempts to take over one of the reality warpers. Jenny would be an easier target and if he gets her he can stalemate Habib freeing up Wanda if she's not dead by this point. I think she'd be wasted, but if not she can end it. If she's out Xavier can work on Apollo (I'm assuming Jack having the mind of a city would be too much for Xavier and Angie could put up defenses near-instantly). By the end of all that it's Jack and Angie vs BP, BB, RR, IM, DR.S, and Namor. Namor and BP go down without a struggle. Angie can turn Iron Man making it 3v3. She'd whip up something to counteract BB's voice (or maybe something to stop him before he can use it) and he and Reed can be taken out. By that time though Strange is ready and ends the fight.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By King_Saturn
Hmmm... is Jenny's mind really suspect to Telepathy ? And is it possible to kill Habib or contain him ? And I think Apollo could do quite a bit of damage to Illuminati... if he goes for Namor and Iron Man... possibly Black Panther as well... cause even though Apollo isnt quite Superman level he is still somewhat close to it compared to some of the Heavy Hitters in Illuminati
bumnut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By bumnut
@Buckshot said:
"Here, I'll get you started: Wanda starts off with as powerful an attack as she can muster which will keep The Authority's big guns busy for at least a little while. Strange throws up protection for his team and gets to work on...something. Black Bolt lets loose a scream (killing Swift, Rose and Midnighter) while Xavier attempts to take over one of the reality warpers. Jenny would be an easier target and if he gets her he can stalemate Habib freeing up Wanda if she's not dead by this point. I think she'd be wasted, but if not she can end it. If she's out Xavier can work on Apollo (I'm assuming Jack having the mind of a city would be too much for Xavier and Angie could put up defenses near-instantly). By the end of all that it's Jack and Angie vs BP, BB, RR, IM, DR.S, and Namor. Namor and BP go down without a struggle. Angie can turn Iron Man making it 3v3. She'd whip up something to counteract BB's voice (or maybe something to stop him before he can use it) and he and Reed can be taken out. By that time though Strange is ready and ends the fight. "

An intruiging win for the Illuminati. all in character, Not sure bout Namor and BP going down without a strungle even, though, that's the only part out of character, as I don't see them that weak.
geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By geraldthesloth
@Buckshot said:
" @geraldthesloth said:
" @Buckshot said:
" @geraldthesloth said:
" @Buckshot said:

Ill find the scans later but I remember a section in the Exiles were in the Panoptichron or whatever the heck it was called, they acknowledged her remaking 616 multiple times. than creating the house of M universe aka Earth-58163 "
Ok. But in any case, she clearly failed. Her changes didn't amount to much if she had to keep fixing it. And both Jenny and Habib have the ability to decreate and recreate the universe/realities as well. They're also skilled with their powers and actually know what they're doing and have had experience with people of their power level (each other as well as previous and alternate versions of themselves) so I think they'd be better prepared to deal with something like her than she would with them. And if they're not enough, Jenny has shown that she can call upon alternate versions of herself (an evil version of Jenny as just a baby was able to rip the multiverse apart and bring it crashing down on Earth) at a whim (and Habib can similarly affect alternate realities).  "
Nice but you know I dont really read enough authority to elaborate between habib and jenny in this battle.
Im just debating for wanda on the most part. she did her job though if she managed to warp it about 5 times in one arc.
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator
@King Saturn said:
" Hmmm... is Jenny's mind really suspect to Telepathy ? And is it possible to kill Habib or contain him ? And I think Apollo could do quite a bit of damage to Illuminati... if he goes for Namor and Iron Man... possibly Black Panther as well... cause even though Apollo isnt quite Superman level he is still somewhat close to it compared to some of the Heavy Hitters in Illuminati
"
She's vulnerable to it. Though as the Storm fans bring up, there are issues with energy being in other people's brains and if Jenny is like her predecessor, she IS the energy she controls. Also, The Doctor is a world-class telepath so how long he struggles with fixing Jenny is a question. I don't think Habib can be killed by anyone here. Strange might be able to contain him but he can effortlessly walk through time and dimensions so I don't know how effective that would be. Apollo can do a lot, but not if Xavier takes him out. 

@bumnut said:
" @Buckshot said:
"Here, I'll get you started: Wanda starts off with as powerful an attack as she can muster which will keep The Authority's big guns busy for at least a little while. Strange throws up protection for his team and gets to work on...something. Black Bolt lets loose a scream (killing Swift, Rose and Midnighter) while Xavier attempts to take over one of the reality warpers. Jenny would be an easier target and if he gets her he can stalemate Habib freeing up Wanda if she's not dead by this point. I think she'd be wasted, but if not she can end it. If she's out Xavier can work on Apollo (I'm assuming Jack having the mind of a city would be too much for Xavier and Angie could put up defenses near-instantly). By the end of all that it's Jack and Angie vs BP, BB, RR, IM, DR.S, and Namor. Namor and BP go down without a struggle. Angie can turn Iron Man making it 3v3. She'd whip up something to counteract BB's voice (or maybe something to stop him before he can use it) and he and Reed can be taken out. By that time though Strange is ready and ends the fight. "
An intruiging win for the Illuminati. all in character, Not sure bout Namor and BP going down without a strungle even, though, that's the only part out of character, as I don't see them that weak. "
Of course it's in character, that's how I roll. Just looking at Jack and Angie, Namor and BP cannot put up a fight. Jack could suck BP into the ground and crush Namor with billions of tons of city. Angie (or any of her 30 copies) can rip either of them apart with atomic knives or whatever other craziness she thinks up (I like the idea of her sucking the moisture from Namor and killing BP with magnetism). They don't have to be weak to lose. 

@geraldthesloth said:

Nice but you know I dont really read enough authority to elaborate between habib and jenny in this battle.Im just debating for wanda on the most part. she did her job though if she managed to warp it about 5 times in one arc. "
Then again that one arc is like the only time she's acted on that level in all her career and it still never went according to plan when she did it since she had to keep redoing it and even at the end her "no more mutants" didn't work, and that was without two powerful reality warpers opposing her. Good job debating for her though. (Just in case this didn't translate well, that wasn't sarcasm or anything.)
geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By geraldthesloth
@Buckshot: She's still at those levels plus her warps effed up marvel continuity and created the Chaos Wave which rewrote the omniverse and brough back Jaspers for a short time.
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

She's not at those levels as far as I've seen. Pretty sure she's powerless now and doesn't even remember who she is. And as I said, she couldn't get it right even without opposition. And Jenny has shown the power to manipulate the multiverse (omniverse, Bleed, whatever, the thing containing all realities is what I'm talking about) as well. Better yet, she has enough control over he powers to do things on purpose.