The Asgardians versus The Lantern Corps

• 108 results
ElderSkaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@isaac_clarke: That wasn't hal at his primary state... LarfleeZe can crush him in a force field, impale him, drain his life form

ElderSkaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@isaac_clarke: Impale him, drain his life form, crush him in a force bubble

Keehn93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Asgard stomps so hard.

TheArchon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@isaac_clarke: So you are saying that Larfleeze, Sinestro with Parallax, Nekron, all the Guardians of the Universe, Anti-Monitor, White Lantern Kyle and the Zamarons can't take Odin?

Nice scan by the way. You do know that it didn't hurt the Spectre, right? Hal needed Parallax to fight him because Spectre is scared of the Entities. Atrocitus then tried to make him a permanent member of the Red Lantern Corps. The only time he ''lost'' was when Nekron told him he didn't have power over him and that was bad writting.

Avatar image for captain_batman_ftw
captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@isaac_clarke:

Oh please, Superboy Prime was trashing No-Name Lanterns without breaking a sweat; Odin is a character that can literally carve entire dimensions out of the universe and chuck universe busting energy into a pocket dimension on the fly - he will trash EVERY lantern corps.

Oh man. The Superboy Prime argument again. Well, let's just forget that he has feats that actually makes this a feat of his own and not something which we can say that Odin is superior to. Superboy Prime blitzed the Lanterns, and considering his strenght level (Superboy Prime has retconned someone's death - Jason Todd - by punching the walls of reality and shattering it), there's really no surprise. Not to mention that Superboy Prime took them out before they could react.

No, Odin isn't trashing every Lantern Corps member; hell, Hal alone have feats (against people above Odin) that indicates that he can hurt Odin.

That's ignoring Cul and every other random Asgardian that most Lantern's can't even hurt.

And again, Hal alone (not even mentioning the other Lantern Corps, or other Green Lanterns) have feats that says that he can hurt Odin. I mean, if you're going to think that the Lantern Corps are going to be unable to hurt someone who has been hurt by Thor and knocked himself out when head-butting Galactus, then you do not know what you're talking about, because Hal have feats such as weaking Neron (with an energy blast), taking out Krona (who at the time was leagues above Odin), held holding his own against his own ring (which I've stated two feats of), done good against Parallax (someone who again, is leagues above Odin), he's easily punked around with General Eiling (who easily takes out characters like Superman) etc. These are all feats that indicates that Hal is more than capable enough to hurt Odin.

This is the only scans needed, really. It's against Neron, BTW. Someone who is an equal to Odin (if not better).

Black Lantern Spectre was being blasted apart by Hal Jordan; Normal Spectre would trash his Black Lantern counterpart

That's a feat for Hal alone, because he have many feats like that.

And what exactly can Larfleeze do to Odin?

Hurt him. Larfreeze has an entire Lantern Corps in his ring.

Honestly, you're just underselling the Lanterns if you think that Odin stomps the Lanterns at the same time.

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You need to read up on Odin's feats. They're WAY better than anything Prime's ever done.

Superboy Prime blitzed the Lanterns, and considering his strenght level (Superboy Prime has retconned someone's death - Jason Todd - by punching the walls of reality and shattering it), there's really no surprise.

Odin retconned the destruction and death of EVERYONE on Earth.

The same gods Thor revived with a fraction of the Thorforce.

The All-Father has his name for a reason, the Odinforce has made (a few times) asgard, rebirthed all asgardians post ragnarok, created mankind, created a star system, reversed entire events - etc. If it wasn't for Odin, France would still be a mass-grave.

What you're referring to was an AMPED Superboy Prime pounding on a PHYSICAL plot-wall. Under normal circumstances, Prime can't retcon anything with his fists - namely why he doesn't bring someone back from the dead every-time he hits someone.

Not to mention that Superboy Prime took them out before they could react.

Because they're no-name featless Lanterns. Which was my point, Odin can wipe out the vast majority of the Lantern Corps because almost all of them have zero feats to say otherwise. And even if we pretended EVERY lantern was Hal Jordan there is NO reason to believe they're magically not be warped or blasted out of existence by Odin.

And again, Hal alone (not even mentioning the other Lantern Corps, or other Green Lanterns) have feats that says that he can hurt Odin.

Odin can regenerate from any injury not caused by a plot device or by characters comparable to him in power:

It doesn't help that to even stay dead was a personal choice for Odin.

I mean, if you're going to think that the Lantern Corps are going to be unable to hurt someone who has been hurt by Thor and knocked himself out when head-butting Galactus, then you do not know what you're talking about,

Fun fact, Odin was not knocked out clashing with Galactus:

No Caption Provided

He left his body and went into the Destroyer because he was losing his fight against Galactus. And not once was he depicted as knocked unconscious by said 'headbutt' - if we can even call it just a headbutt considering it caused a massive explosion / exchange of energy between Galactus and Odin.

And Thor has hurt Korvac, Insane Genis, Galactus, Celestials and other abstracts with Mjolnir. That's because Mjolnir is one of the most powerful weapons in the MU; it's enchanted / empowered by Odin and was created specifically for him to use in war.

But don't let me stop you; continue on telling me how much you 'know' about what we're talking about.

because Hal have feats such as weaking Neron (with an energy blast),

Nekron has been defeated by a single GL ring flying onto his hosts body:

Anything that can restart a heart can apparently defeat Nekron. And that's what keeps defeating Nekron on panel.

taking out Krona (who at the time was leagues above Odin),

Let's be fair. A RINGLESS Sinestro softened Krona up for Hal with his stick / elbow combo:

No Caption Provided

So yeah, if you think that specific version of Krona was more powerful than Odin - Great. I wouldn't agree.

held holding his own against his own ring (which I've stated two feats of), done good against Parallax (someone who again, is leagues above Odin),

Parallax under his own power is NO WHERE NEAR as powerful as Odin.

he's easily punked around with General Eiling (who easily takes out characters like Superman) etc.

Are we honestly comparing Odin to Eiling?

These are all feats that indicates that Hal is more than capable enough to hurt Odin. This is the only scans needed, really. It's against Neron, BTW. Someone who is an equal to Odin (if not better).

Two scans of Hal hurting Ion isn't helping. I honestly can't think of a single feat Nekron has on Odin or remotely make them peers

That's a feat for Hal alone, because he have many feats like that.

Great, but Blackest Night Spectre would get kicked to the curb by the actual Spectre. Namely why even if he's included Odin would either destroy him or simply revive the host destroying the ring and removing the Spectre from the fight.

Hurt him. Larfreeze has an entire Lantern Corps in his ring.

Name a single feat he's accomplished that remotely suggests he can do anything to Odin or can survive half a second of Odin

Honestly, you're just underselling the Lanterns if you think that Odin stomps the Lanterns at the same time.

No, I really am not. Odin's recent feats on panel in both Everything Burns and Origin Sin are insane high-ends. In Everything Burns, he casually ejects Surtur's released energy that was going to destroy the universe into a pocket dimension:

In Origin Sin he's ripping the tenth realm from the universe in a fit of rage after his daughter was 'killed':

Banishing the angels from the universe and locking them all away in a prison the size of a universe.

There isn't much of a reason to say Odin can't casually do the same with EVERY Lantern Corps:

No Caption Provided

Even with one-shot Lanterns like the emotional entities, Nekron, the Anti-Monitor, BL Spectre, etc - Odin probably very easily wins this fight. That's mainly because a lot of these characters aren't anywhere close to as powerful as Odin.

Now if we're talking Zero Hour Parallax or HOG Ion, then Odin would lose - but the rest of these guys don't even have the feats to say they can even do anything to put him down, much-less counter reality warping or outright BFR they can't avoid.

Avatar image for underdogsupporter
UnderdogSupporter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Lantern Corps

captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@isaac_clarke:

You need to read up on Odin's feats. They're WAY better than anything Prime's ever done.

Odin's physical feats (not energy blasts and stuff like that, but strenght, durability and speed) isn't as good as SPB's, and Superboy was using his strenght and speed to take out the Lanterns. BTW, in Sinestro Corps War, before absorbing Oan energy, he defeated Sodam Yat Ion. Sure, Sodam was exposed to lead, but he was fighting very evenly with him before the lead exposoure.

The All-Father has his name for a reason, the Odinforce has made (a few times) asgard, rebirthed all asgardians post ragnarok, created mankind, created a star system, reversed entire events - etc. If it wasn't for Odin, France would still be a mass-grave.

One Green Lantern (I forgot the name of) recreated an entire planet and its population (and this same Lantern soloed the JLA), John Stewart has also created a solar system, Hal Jordan has time manipulation as well and he's slowed down time to nanoseconds before. If it weren't for Lanterns, the Khunds and the Black Lantern Corps would have turned the Universe into hell.

Because they're no-name featless Lanterns. Which was my point, Odin can wipe out the vast majority of the Lantern Corps because almost all of them have zero feats to say otherwise. And even if we pretended EVERY lantern was Hal Jordan there is NO reason to believe they're magically not be warped or blasted out of existence by Odin.

SBP blitzed all the Lanterns before they could react. He has speed equal to the Flashes (including Wally West), so I don't know how that changes anything. Also, another card I didn't actually want to play; Hal, Kyle, John, Guy and Sinestro (or we can forget Sinestro, doesn't really matter) can take out Odin for themself. Yeah, I know it sounds stupid, but feats backs this up. Hal's combating against abstracts was consistent, and he managed to fight equally against guys who would eat Odin for breakfeast. In Green Lantern Rebirth; Hal, John, Kyle and Guy took out Ganthet - who was possesed by the Parallax entity. that tells a lot. Specially when Parallax's reality warping power levels (and just power in general) is way above Odin's.

No Caption Provided

I can't find the other scans on Google, but this should tell the tail.

Odin can regenerate from any injury not caused by a plot device or by characters comparable to him in power:

Yeah, and the fact that Hal alone has shown the blasting power to hurt people who Odin isn't comparable to, says that he can hurt Odin.

He left his body and went into the Destroyer because he was losing his fight against Galactus. And not once was he depicted as knocked unconscious by said 'headbutt' - if we can even call it just a headbutt considering it caused a massive explosion / exchange of energy between Galactus and Odin.

Nah, bruh. The energy they exchanges wasn't even the size of a country. You can clearly see it on the 4th scan when you see Galactus' size compared to earth. BTW, you should delete one of your 4 scans from the Mighty Thor scans. We're only allowed to post three scans from one issue. If a mod sees it, he's going to give you a warning.

And Thor has hurt Korvac, Insane Genis, Galactus, Celestials and other abstracts with Mjolnir. That's because Mjolnir is one of the most powerful weapons in the MU; it's enchanted / empowered by Odin and was created specifically for him to use in war.

And Hulk has tanked Mjolnir multiple times, Extremis Iron Man has tanked attacks from a morals off Thor, Thanos tanked it and he wasn't hurt, BRB casually tanks it, Silver Surfer tanked it, Gladiator has tanked it (IIRC), etc. At least Hal Jordan's feats used to be consistent in the Post Crisis era (not in the New 52, but we're discussing Post Crisis Lantern Corps), so he doesn't have many low showings.

Nekron has been defeated by a single GL ring flying onto his hosts body:

Did you actually read what I said? I said Neron. not Nekron. BTW, the reason as for why Nekron even got destroyed when the GL ring flew through him, was because Hal let go of the Black Lantern ring, and the wielder of a Black Lantern ring can control the dead. Hal had a Black Lantern ring and he summoned Nekron. Hence why Nekron went away when Hal got a Green Lantern ring. Context is fun, isn't it?

o yeah, if you think that specific version of Krona was more powerful than Odin - Great. I wouldn't agree.

A Krona with the Lantern entities is most definetly above Odin.

Parallax under his own power is NO WHERE NEAR as powerful as Odin.

Kyle Rayner Parallax, who at the time had fear Parallax fed off.

Are we honestly comparing Odin to Eiling?

That was just a small feat of Hal toying around with somone on that level.

Two scans of Hal hurting Ion isn't helping. I honestly can't think of a single feat Nekron has on Odin or remotely make them peers

Once again; I said Neron. Not ION or Nekron. See the difference?

Great, but Blackest Night Spectre would get kicked to the curb by the actual Spectre. Namely why even if he's included Odin would either destroy him or simply revive the host destroying the ring and removing the Spectre from the fight.

I don't know why, Spectre with a host > Black Lantern spectre, is relevant to what we're talking about. Sure, if you're talking about power levels, I get it.

Name a single feat he's accomplished that remotely suggests he can do anything to Odin or can survive half a second of Odin

Manhandling the Green Lantern Corps, alongside of the Guardians.

Even with one-shot Lanterns like the emotional entities, Nekron, the Anti-Monitor, BL Spectre, etc - Odin probably very easily wins this fight. That's mainly because a lot of these characters aren't anywhere close to as powerful as Odin.

Now if we're talking Zero Hour Parallax or HOG Ion, then Odin would lose - but the rest of these guys don't even have the feats to say they can even do anything to put him down, much-less counter reality warping or outright BFR they can't avoid.

Sure.

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

only odin is a threat

KingOfKings1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lantern corps

zill0678

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lanterns win handedly

TheClassicIon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All the Lantern Corps ? this is a joke right ?

Lantern Corps stomps hard

TheClassicIon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By TheClassicIon

Are Classic Ion and ZH Parallax on the Lanterns side ? cuz they both embody the Lantern power....anyways if they are here then either one of them solos Asgard, ZH Parallax solos, Hand of God Ion solos

ancient_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lanterns and i see a bad overrating of entities and lanterns (as always)

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lanterns

Jimmy_Rustler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Jimmy_Rustler
Cosmic_Lantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you're counting HoG Ion or ZH parrallax you're reaching larfleeze, and volthoom will be a problem for odin, otherwise currently asgard handily.

deathsdoor726

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Parallax could solo

Spectre could solo

Martian manhunter can solo most save Odin

Flash can solo most

deathsdoor726

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By deathsdoor726

@isaac_clarke: Anti monitor every guardian Flash Martian Manhunter Spectre Parallax Ion Sodam Yat Superboy prime White lantern Kyle and every abstract that powers the lantern rings can't beat Odin?

One Guardian could kill most if not all Asgardians and you have like 10 other abstracts that are just as powerful if not more powerful and they would lose to Odin? Superboy Prime alone could kill every Asgardian save Odin like they're nothing... the green lanterns alone can beat them the rest is just over kill

They could send 5 of their most powerful to the front line and end all of the 'gods'

deathsdoor726

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By deathsdoor726

@lukehero said:

Aren't there several reality warpers on the lantern side? :/

Like 20 lol

Anti-monitor

Spectre

The Guardians of the Universe (like 9 or 10)

All of the abstracts that power the rings (parallax Ion etc so 9)

And Larfleeze

SinnTek1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ShaoKahn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nekron roflstomps the Team

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By isaac_clarke

@captain_batman_ftw said:

The thing is Odin's physical stats are irrelevant. He's character that can be as strong or as durable as he wants to be - and requires plot devices to even harmed in a way he can't simply restore his body to full health from. That's mainly why he can survive his absurd high-ends.

Like you said, Yat went down to lead - not so much Prime. And Prime's really durability range to get hurt by Superboy, Krypto, Superman - hell the Teen Titans took him out. Ion probably should have eventually won that fight without much injury.

One Green Lantern (I forgot the name of) recreated an entire planet and its population (and this same Lantern soloed the JLA), John Stewart has also created a solar system, Hal Jordan has time manipulation as well and he's slowed down time to nanoseconds before. If it weren't for Lanterns, the Khunds and the Black Lantern Corps would have turned the Universe into hell.

I'm talking reversed entire events across the cosmos - not simply recreate what was lost. John's ring couldn't maintain those constructs past a moment (his will power literally exceeds his ring). I'm not sure how time manipulation powers that have been long gone will factor into this when Odin can outright stop time and reverse it.

SBP blitzed all the Lanterns before they could react. He has speed equal to the Flashes (including Wally West), so I don't know how that changes anything. Also, another card I didn't actually want to play; Hal, Kyle, John, Guy and Sinestro (or we can forget Sinestro, doesn't really matter) can take out Odin for themself. Yeah, I know it sounds stupid, but feats backs this up. Hal's combating against abstracts was consistent, and he managed to fight equally against guys who would eat Odin for breakfeast. In Green Lantern Rebirth; Hal, John, Kyle and Guy took out Ganthet - who was possesed by the Parallax entity. that tells a lot. Specially when Parallax's reality warping power levels (and just power in general) is way above Odin's.

You have to understand in debates, you want to show me they're best - not the supposedly powerful characters at their worst - because it undermines the feat. Hal's really not quite the abstract buster you're making him out to be and blasting a possessed Ganthet over and over really doesn't make Parallax look like it could remotely handle Odin - much less the people firing at him.

Odin should more less walk through those attacks, which arguably probably won't get past the Odin Power:

Because he has literally walked right through people throwing generic energy attacks at him. Namely why he could so easily divert Surtur's released energy to boot; he could likely have the Lanterns blast themselves out of oblivion.

Yeah, and the fact that Hal alone has shown the blasting power to hurt people who Odin isn't comparable to, says that he can hurt Odin.

Scans.

Nah, bruh. The energy they exchanges wasn't even the size of a country. You can clearly see it on the 4th scan when you see Galactus' size compared to earth.

That's not how energy blasts work in comics or in most fictional universes. Either way, the point was to illustrate normal headbutts don't cause explosions, that Odin wasn't KOed at all in that exchange and neither was Galactus.

BTW, you should delete one of your 4 scans from the Mighty Thor scans. We're only allowed to post three scans from one issue. If a mod sees it, he's going to give you a warning.

Thanks for the advice, but it should be fine. The book is over 3 years old anyhow.

And Hulk has tanked Mjolnir multiple times,

Define "tanked" because on more than one occasion Mjolnir has sent the Hulk flying - in some cases off planet.

Extremis Iron Man has tanked attacks from a morals off Thor,

No he didn't. First thing, that was Thorforce Thor saying he wasn't holding back as he trashed Extremis' Iron Man's armor:

That was Extremis Iron Man trying bullrush Thor and his armor getting damaged heavily by one swing.

By the end of the fight it didn't even work:

No Caption Provided

Similarly, a casual tap by Thor at normal levels chipped Extremis:

No Caption Provided

If you want lowball Mjolnir against Iron Man, I suggest using their team-up book when Tony was sporting the Bleeding Edge armor. Extremis on more than one occassion has been shown to easily be damaged by single swings of Mjolnir.

Thanos tanked it and he wasn't hurt,

Nope.

No Caption Provided

That's the guy who took repeated blasts from the Odin after Odin KOed the Surfer in a single hit.

BRB casually tanks it,

Beta Ray Bill can't even tank Thor' or Surfer's punches. I can't think of ONE time that he casually no-shows getting hit by Mjolnir. So enlighten me.

Silver Surfer tanked it,

The Silver Surfer in his fights with Thor either dodges Mjolnir or traps it in a force-field to avoid Thor hitting him with it. Mainly because in the vast majority of their fights, when Mjolnir does make contact the Silver Surfer doesn't 'tank' it. This stuff happens:

No Caption Provided

If you have a specific instance in mind where he 'tanks' Mjolnir I'd like to see it, because I think of a half dozen more when he doesn't. Which isn't that surprising since Thor caved the Surfer's head in with a headbutt.

Gladiator has tanked it (IIRC), etc.

When Thor stopped holding back he KOs Gladiator with two Mjolnir strikes to the face - before Gladiator could even react / counter.

<---Read in this direction<---

At least Hal Jordan's feats used to be consistent in the Post Crisis era (not in the New 52, but we're discussing Post Crisis Lantern Corps), so he doesn't have many low showings.

Hal had a lot of low ends before the N52. Queue getting own by a mutated Shark. Lanterns got powered down long before the N52.

Did you actually read what I said? I said Neron. not Nekron. BTW, the reason as for why Nekron even got destroyed when the GL ring flew through him, was because Hal let go of the Black Lantern ring, and the wielder of a Black Lantern ring can control the dead. Hal had a Black Lantern ring and he summoned Nekron. Hence why Nekron went away when Hal got a Green Lantern ring. Context is fun, isn't it?

I just assumed you misspelled it. Post a scan than of the missing context; Hal had a BL ring - became host to Nekron - Hal then got his GL ring - was revived and Nekron got sent back to his realm after beating Volthoom.

All you need to do to defeat Nekron is give his host a heart beat. It's that easy and it's happened twice now.

A Krona with the Lantern entities is most definetly above Odin.

Not by actual feats. He's actually one of the weakest version of Krona on panel. Namely why a Ringless Sinestro could actually hurt him.

Kyle Rayner Parallax, who at the time had fear Parallax fed off.

Incomplete sentence?

That was just a small feat of Hal toying around with somone on that level.

So we are comparing Odin to Eiling. Well I can see why you think Odin loses then.

Once again; I said Neron. Not ION or Nekron. See the difference?

Not in the scans posted. Does Neron have any feats worth mention he does on panel?

I don't know why, Spectre with a host > Black Lantern spectre, is relevant to what we're talking about. Sure, if you're talking about power levels, I get it.

To stamp out arguments in which the Spectre's feats are interchangeable with a weaker version of him Nekron controlled.

Manhandling the Green Lantern Corps, alongside of the Guardians.

I said, a feat that proves he lasts have a second against Odin. Not a feat where his spectrum gets 'auto-win' against will-power. Because Larfleeze's lantern corps constructs won't even get past Odin's barriers, much less insta-kill him like it did the Guardians and Lanterns (that's stuff the Skyfather's like Bor have been mentioned to specifically sport mystic protection from).

Sure.

If you have a differing opinion that doesn't involve a handful of Lanterns beating Odin, feel free to bombard me with scans.

@deathsdoor726 said:

@isaac_clarke: Anti monitor

Doesn't stand a chance against Odin.

every guardian...

One Guardian could kill most if not all Asgardians...

Outside Ganthet, Guardians are only good at dying on panel these days. Their feats are awful, namely why the Anti-Monitor laughed them off.

I honestly doubt that.

Flash, Martian Manhunter, Superboy prime

Superboy Prime alone could kill every Asgardian save Odin like they're nothing...

None of them can hurt Odin. And weren't lanterns past Darkest Night.

Considering some of the Asgardians can't be killed and at least one of them is Cul - that's unlikely.

Ion Sodam Yat

Is dead.

Spectre

Not a Lantern.

Parallax

White lantern Kyle

Outside Zero Hour, he's way too weak is too weak to anything here.

White Lantern Kyle needs much better feats to argue any relevance here.

and every abstract that powers the lantern rings can't beat Odin?...

and you have like 10 other abstracts that are just as powerful if not more powerful and they would lose to Odin?...

They're emotional entities that can't even do much without a host. The only one that has any feats host-less was the rage entity and it was off panel.

If you're using Guardians as a measuring stick for how powerful the emotional entites are - it isn't looking for them winning a fight with Odin.

the green lanterns alone can beat them the rest is just over kill

No-name Lanterns aren't winning any fights here.

They could send 5 of their most powerful to the front line and end all of the 'gods'

Great, Odin would end this fight long before they made there to kill no-name Asgardians. Not sure if you're trolling, but you might be.

Seriously, this fight either ends with the Lanterns all being turned into butterflies or being banished from the universe 10th Realm style by Odin. If anyone has an argument to the contrary they can back up with scans let me know.

Just_Banter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Just_Banter

lanterns wreck

bobthened

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

considering what black hand managed to to to the new gods of new genesis I don't see the asgardians surviving this

Helicoprion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

asgard

Dcisthebest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nekron solos

deathsdoor726

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@isaac_clarke: Black lantern spectre yes he was a lantern wasn't hal jordan the spectre for a little while?

You're acting like the emotional entity's can't get a host when literally every lantern is there

Doesn't really matter if Ion is dead or not

Either way Sodam Yat is superman level without without the ion and he could kill everyone except Odin or maybe Thor

And they have blue lantern flash so they have the speed force which helped beat COIE anti monitor

Didn't asgard get annihilated by the dark avengers? Yeah so I'm pretty sure every lantern and guardian could beat them Odin is the only threat here

One no name lantern would kill most Asgardians they got killed by venom like they were nothing

Lanterns have 3 sentry level characters and you think the asgardians can win? If they could lose everyone would be dead except Odin

JdG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathsdoor726:

@isaac_clarke: Black lantern spectre yes he was a lantern wasn't hal jordan the spectre for a little while?

He was, but it doesn't matter. Spectre isn't a Lantern and Hal hasn't been the Spectre for a decade.

Didn't asgard get annihilated by the dark avengers? Yeah so I'm pretty sure every lantern and guardian could beat them Odin is the only threat here

Sentry made Thor's recreated Asgard fall out of the sky and Daken slice & diced a bunch of no-name Asgardians while they were on Earth (and subsequently weaker) with his murasma blade claws.

Doesn't really matter if Ion is dead or not

It does if you wanted Yat to be included in this fight. But then again, it's irrelevant and so are these points;

You're acting like the emotional entity's can't get a host when literally every lantern is there

Either way Sodam Yat is superman level without without the ion and he could kill everyone except Odin or maybe Thor

And they have blue lantern flash so they have the speed force which helped beat COIE anti monitor

One no name lantern would kill most Asgardians they got killed by venom like they were nothing

Lanterns have 3 sentry level characters and you think the asgardians can win? If they could lose everyone would be dead except Odin

So let's cut in the chase, because I have zero interest in endlessly arguing about no-name Lanterns and no-name Asgardians;

How do the Lanterns beat Odin?

• How do the Lantern's avoid a 10th realm BFR? Because Odin can apparently just slice parts of the universe right off.

• How to they resist reality warping? Because Odin has literally warped France, the Earth, Asgard and entire realms.

• Hell, how do they hold up to him blasting them? When in doubt, Odin's version of 'Herald my RAGE!'

Otherwise you're just wasting my time. Asgard right now has two Skyfathers, a Hell Lord, the Destroyer on speed-dial - and really all they need to win hands down is Odin.

deathsdoor726

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By deathsdoor726

@isaac_clarke: Guardians are reality warpers the anti monitor is a reality warper parallax is a reality warper would you like me to go on?

Most lanterns would die against Odin yes but they have their big guns which have posed a universal threat (parallax neckron anti monitor)

And every lantern with the speed force and the 20 reality warpers with speed force is going to be VERY VERY hard to beat and only Odin can survive but eventually they'll get to Odin after everyone on his side dies Sodam Yat superboy prime and flash will speed blitz him and capture his attention while the reality warpers obliterate him with a huge blast

Nalam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The entirety of the Lantern Corps would not possibly work together. They would war with each other and tear themselves apart.

Avatar image for the_caped_crusader
The_Caped_Crusader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mismatch.

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ASSSSSSGAAAAAAAAAARRDDDDD ONEEE LANTERNSSSS ZEROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@isaac_clarke: Guardians are reality warpers the anti monitor is a reality warper parallax is a reality warper would you like me to go on?

Please do, because:

• Larfleeze effortlessly killed Guardians and they couldn't even handle a White Lantern Kyle. Where was that reality warping power?
  • I honestly can't remember the Anti-Monitor doing anything in the last decade remotely resembling reality warping.
  • Parallax outside Zero Hour can't warp reality.

Most lanterns would die against Odin yes but they have their big guns which have posed a universal threat (parallax neckron anti monitor)

The only arguable universal threat in that line-up is the Anti-Monitor - and would likely be through plot devices since he wasn't very powerful in Blackest Night or SCW. Namely why he actually dies in Blackest Night.

And every lantern with the speed force and the 20 reality warpers with speed force is going to be VERY VERY hard to beat and only Odin can survive but eventually they'll get to Odin after everyone on his side dies Sodam Yat superboy prime and flash will speed blitz him and capture his attention while the reality warpers obliterate him with a huge blast

An assortment of one-shot Lanterns (the only time Prime had a ring was when he was about to die and broke it) and imaginary reality warpers that don't actually exist. Quite the threat indeed!

Either-way this thread is done. There is no realistic option for the Lanterns to win this.

SinnTek1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

capall2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By capall2

Thor has never hurt Insane Genis Vell..RKT has had brief scuffle with IGV only, had that been a real fight IGV wouda put a beat down on RKT.

As per this battle if any and all Lantern Corps and Entities that are involved Asgard will be no more.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Lantern Corps win

SinnTek1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are we just gonna ignore the fact Lanterns have Larfleeze and William Blackhand?

captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@isaac_clarke:

Like you said, Yat went down to lead - not so much Prime. And Prime's really durability range to get hurt by Superboy, Krypto, Superman - hell the Teen Titans took him out. Ion probably should have eventually won that fight without much injury.

Superman Prime was fighting evenly with Yat even before the lead exposoure, and in the same story, Superman Prime tanked a Milky Way busting explosion as if it was nothing.

Yeah, nice use of low showings; Superboy Prime has been taken out by the Teen Titans, and hurt by Krypto and Superman. Those are just low showings considering that Superman hurt Superboy Prime in a story where Black Adam's punches tinkled Superboy Prime. Inconsitency at its best.

I'm talking reversed entire events across the cosmos - not simply recreate what was lost. John's ring couldn't maintain those constructs past a moment (his will power literally exceeds his ring). I'm not sure how time manipulation powers that have been long gone will factor into this when Odin can outright stop time and reverse it.

I only brought that up because you though that Odin was oh' so powerful simply because he's reversed and stopped time. John created a solar system and regardless of how long he held it, he did it and that was my point.

You have to understand in debates, you want to show me they're best - not the supposedly powerful characters at their worst - because it undermines the feat. Hal's really not quite the abstract buster you're making him out to be and blasting a possessed Ganthet over and over really doesn't make Parallax look like it could remotely handle Odin - much less the people firing at him.

Its the ring's capabilities. Hence why I say that those high showings show his power levels. And no, I never made Hal look like an abstract buster, because the only thing I really said was that Hal has hurt them. It's Ganthet's power combined with Parallax, you can do the math for yourself.

Odin should more less walk through those attacks, which arguably probably won't get past the Odin Power:

Huh, so you think that Odin can deflect lightspeed objects coming from every direction? That didn't happen when Galactus' energy KO'ed Odin.

Scans.

Not available right now, because I'm using my Brother's PC.

That's not how energy blasts work in comics or in most fictional universes. Either way, the point was to illustrate normal headbutts don't cause explosions, that Odin wasn't KOed at all in that exchange and neither was Galactus.

Thor flew through Galactus' head in the same issue, but he wasn't knocked out; in fact, he got bullrushed from the Moon to Mars by Surfer and he still wasn't hurt, but Odin got knocked out, so that incident is quantifiable.

Thanks for the advice, but it should be fine. The book is over 3 years old anyhow.

It doesn't matter how old they are, because regardless of their age, it's still not allowed to post more than three scans from one issue.

Define "tanked" because on more than one occasion Mjolnir has sent the Hulk flying - in some cases off planet.

What I interpretate ''tanked'' as, is that you can take it without much damage, or that you can take it and dismiss the damage and continue on. For example, bricks tanks attacks all the time, because they just dismiss said attack, or just continue on without much damage.

BTW:

Hulk tanks an attack from Mjolnir here. And here:

No Caption Provided

Here as well:

I think there are more, but this should hold. BTW, these scans were taken from here: http://www.comicvine.com/profile/saren/blog/thor-and-hulk-what-really-happened-and-what-would-/79889/.

No he didn't. First thing, that was Thorforce Thor saying he wasn't holding back as he trashed Extremis' Iron Man's armor:

Iron Man actually took a hit from a no-holding back Thorforce Thor. The fact that Thor had the Odinforce and still didn't take out a mid-tier in one hit is supposed to show Mjolnir's power granted from the Odinforce?

BTW, you should delete one of your four scans.

Similarly, a casual tap by Thor at normal levels chipped Extremis:

But a hit at full power while possesing the Odinforce doesn't take him out in one hit? Doesn't make sense.

If you want lowball Mjolnir against Iron Man, I suggest using their team-up book when Tony was sporting the Bleeding Edge armor. Extremis on more than one occassion has been shown to easily be damaged by single swings of Mjolnir.

I'm not trying to lowball Mjolnir, but it's just that Mjolnir has shown feats like fighting evenly with high tiers rather than busting Celestials' armours.

Nope.

Would you mind showing the next page? Where Thanos one-shotted Thor? Hm? I take it that you're trying to make Mjolnir look good, but really, posting out of context scans won't help you. Thanos wasn't hurt at all by that hit. I mean, before Thor even attacked Thanos with mjolnir in H2H, Thanos was asking for more lightning from Thor after getting struck with lightning once, and he was completely undamaged.

Loading Video...
  • 5:50 - Thanos gets struck with lightning by Thor, and he asks for more.
  • At 5:59, he asked Thor for more and he got struck once again.
  • At 6:13, Thanos showed that he no-sold Thor's lightning (which comes from Mjolnir and Mjolnir is enchanted by Odin), and he was undamaged .

As for the scan you posted; skip to 6:42, that's straight after the two hits Thor gave Thanos. He wasn't hurt, and at 6:54, Thanos damaged Thor. It took a plot device to take out Thanos.

In conclusion: Thanos wasn't hurt at all.

Beta Ray Bill can't even tank Thor' or Surfer's punches. I can't think of ONE time that he casually no-shows getting hit by Mjolnir. So enlighten me.

He was knocked out in the last page, but he still managed to tank some few hits before going down.

There's also another one where he tanks a hit from Mjolnir and the impact of that hit busted a planet.

The Silver Surfer in his fights with Thor either dodges Mjolnir or traps it in a force-field to avoid Thor hitting him with it. Mainly because in the vast majority of their fights, when Mjolnir does make contact the Silver Surfer doesn't 'tank' it. This stuff happens:

Again, you're using out of context scans; Silver Surfer actually tanked that hit, and he didn't even get bothered that much. I've read that comic for myself and I know that Surfer wasn't hurt. I don't have the very said scan with me, because I'm not using my own PC, but a video is posted for it below.

While we're at the topic of Surfer tanking Mjolnir, let's take a look at some few showing from 3-4 years ago from the, Mighty Thorissues:

Loading Video...
  • Skip to 0:47 - Surfer had his guard down, meaning that his durability was raised down.
  • 3:40 - Surfer once again tanks Mjolnir thrown at him.
  • 5:12 - this one is even better, because Thor added lightning into this, but Surfer still wasn't knocked out.
  • 5:45 - this is the scan you posted, and in the very next panel, surfer stood up as if nothing had happened.

If you have a specific instance in mind where he 'tanks' Mjolnir I'd like to see it, because I think of a half dozen more when he doesn't. Which isn't that surprising since Thor caved the Surfer's head in with a headbutt.

Ok, are you trying to just trying to leave context out of everything? Thor didn't even hurt Surfer with the headbutt; in fact, Surfer was actually undamaged, whereas Thor was bleeding. Thor was the one who was hurt, not Surfer.

When Thor stopped holding back he KOs Gladiator with two Mjolnir strikes to the face - before Gladiator could even react / counter.

Fair enough.

Hal had a lot of low ends before the N52. Queue getting own by a mutated Shark. Lanterns got powered down long before the N52.

Rookie Lanterns were inside of Black holes undamaged, but ok.

Incomplete sentence?

Kyle Rayner had a lot of fear at the time when he was the host of Parallax, right? Parallax becomes more powerful when the user has a lot of fear. Hence why Parallax was powerful at the time.

So we are comparing Odin to Eiling. Well I can see why you think Odin loses then.

No, I'm not comparing Eiling to Odin. Eiling isn't close to Odin's power levels, but I just stated that because Eiling is a pretty powerful dude, and I used that as a damage output feat for Hal, due to the fact that Hal toyed around with someone that durable.

Not in the scans posted. Does Neron have any feats worth mention he does on panel?

Well, he soloed the Green Lantern Corps, IIRC, which Odin won't be capable of doing.

I said, a feat that proves he lasts have a second against Odin. Not a feat where his spectrum gets 'auto-win' against will-power. Because Larfleeze's lantern corps constructs won't even get past Odin's barriers, much less insta-kill him like it did the Guardians and Lanterns (that's stuff the Skyfather's like Bor have been mentioned to specifically sport mystic protection from).

He was one-shotting Black Lanterns (dead people) in Blackest Night. Larfreeze got an entire corps in his ring. That should suffice.

conner_wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captain_batman_ftw: I don't believe Spectre's in this, and Odin is multi-galaxy level easily, by the words of Galactus, he's just sub-par of universal level.

@captain_batman_ftw: asgard hav Rune king Thor, odin, bor, cul and serpent with full worthy loki warriors 3 lady sif heimdall hela destroyer....and 10,000 soilder. ..

so u hav 1 Rkt who is a god to the elder gods and then you hav 3 skyfathers and the list goes on ...I jst see parallax standing after 10 sec fight all lanters are wiped away...and the rest is done by Rkt he whipes parallax out from existance...

good day

Agreed, Odin by himself could likely wreck most of the Corps.

Rune King Thor most likely solos, as even without Rune Magics he's basically Odin on steroids, and then with the Rune Magic he's amped to levels of pure insanity, to the point those who held Odin under their little thumb, RKThor wiped them out with a whim.

Even Old King Thor was going toe-to-toe with Galactus.

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That be nice if he actually was hit by War-World, rather than pushed aside and ignored:

No Caption Provided

Yeah, nice use of low showings; Superboy Prime has been taken out by the Teen Titans, and hurt by Krypto and Superman. Those are just low showings considering that Superman hurt Superboy Prime in a story where Black Adam's punches tinkled Superboy Prime. Inconsitency at its best.

It's actually rather consistent with his showings. You don't have to be Sodam Yat with Ion to hurt Prime, because again Superboy has done it more than once.

I only brought that up because you though that Odin was oh' so powerful simply because he's reversed and stopped time.

He is 'oh so powerful' when he's retconning the destruction of Earth or damage throughout galaxies.

John created a solar system and regardless of how long he held it, he did it and that was my point.

It was a construct that materialized right after his ring failed. Odin on the other hand was causally creating star-systems, while dead, just to show Thor the extent of the Odin-force's potential.

And while creating a new-rainbow bridge to the Asgard dimension, creates an entirely new Asgard to battle the Serpent from.

Its the ring's capabilities. Hence why I say that those high showings show his power levels. And no, I never made Hal look like an abstract buster, because the only thing I really said was that Hal has hurt them. It's Ganthet's power combined with Parallax, you can do the math for yourself.

Apparently that combination wasn't particularly powerful.

Huh, so you think that Odin can deflect lightspeed objects coming from every direction?

Not available right now, because I'm using my Brother's PC.

Thor flew through Galactus' head in the same issue, but he wasn't knocked out; in fact, he got bullrushed from the Moon to Mars by Surfer and he still wasn't hurt,

That didn't happen when Galactus' energy KO'ed Odin.

but Odin got knocked out, so that incident is quantifiable.

Except he wasn't. I already posted the scans above proving that; you need to stop being a liar for me to take you seriously.

It doesn't matter how old they are, because regardless of their age, it's still not allowed to post more than three scans from one issue.

What I interpretate ''tanked'' as, is that you can take it without much damage, or that you can take it and dismiss the damage and continue on. For example, bricks tanks attacks all the time, because they just dismiss said attack, or just continue on without much damage.

BTW:

So unless a character is getting KOed an attack within the first strike - they can tank said attack? That is.. a unique definition; look at all the 'tanking' Mongul's doing:

Not an ounce of pain expressed!
Not an ounce of pain expressed!

That fits you're definition.

Hulk tanks an attack from Mjolnir here. And here: Here as well: I think there are more, but this should hold. BTW, these scans were taken from here: http://www.comicvine.com/profile/saren/blog/thor-and-hulk-what-really-happened-and-what-would-/79889/.

So the Hulk 'tanks' Mjolnir strikes by being sent flying ragdoll in pain? Gotcha.

Iron Man actually took a hit from a no-holding back Thorforce Thor. The fact that Thor had the Odinforce and still didn't take out a mid-tier in one hit is supposed to show Mjolnir's power granted from the Odinforce?

In the scans I provided Thor did take Iron Man out in a single hit from Mjolnir (it was going to take two minutes for the suit to repair itself). The lightning just shut it off.

But a hit at full power while possesing the Odinforce doesn't take him out in one hit? Doesn't make sense.

I'm not trying to lowball Mjolnir, but it's just that Mjolnir has shown feats like fighting evenly with high tiers rather than busting Celestials' armours.

BTW, you should delete one of your four scans.

If I cared; I would have.

Would you mind showing the next page? Where Thanos one-shotted Thor?

Sure:

As you can see, Thanos is hurt by Mjolnir - wrestles with Thor knocking him down and Thor proceeds to power-through his energy projection without being knocked unconscious once. Thanos didn't one-shot Thor in Infinity.

Hm? I take it that you're trying to make Mjolnir look good, but really, posting out of context scans won't help you. Thanos wasn't hurt at all by that hit.

I mean, before Thor even attacked Thanos with mjolnir in H2H, Thanos was asking for more lightning from Thor after getting struck with lightning once, and he was completely undamaged.

As for the scan you posted; skip to 6:42, that's straight after the two hits Thor gave Thanos. He wasn't hurt, and at 6:54, Thanos damaged Thor. It took a plot device to take out Thanos.
In conclusion: Thanos wasn't hurt at all.

Thanos was on the floor after being smacked in the face by Mjolnir and expresses pain on the scan when hit; He was hurt by it.

He was knocked out in the last page, but he still managed to tank some few hits before going down.

There's also another one where he tanks a hit from Mjolnir and the impact of that hit busted a planet.

So Power-Gem Thor smacking Bill round till he's knocked unconscious is 'tanking'?

Again, you're using out of context scans;

More like you have no idea what 'tanking' is.

Silver Surfer actually tanked that hit, and he didn't even get bothered that much.

I've read that comic for myself and I know that Surfer wasn't hurt. I don't have the very said scan with me, because I'm not using my own PC, but a video is posted for it below.

While we're at the topic of Surfer tanking Mjolnir, let's take a look at some few showing from 3-4 years ago from the, Mighty Thorissues:

Ok, are you trying to just trying to leave context out of everything?

Thor didn't even hurt Surfer with the headbutt; in fact, Surfer was actually undamaged, whereas Thor was bleeding. Thor was the one who was hurt, not Surfer.

Here's the problem, at points you either are completely oblivious or simply just lying to save face. Because facts contradict you're argument:

No Caption Provided

As Thor literally left an IMPRINT of his head on the Surfer's SKULL. Realistically, you can't be this oblivious if you've read the book.

Fair enough.

Rookie Lanterns were inside of Black holes undamaged, but ok.

Kyle Rayner had a lot of fear at the time when he was the host of Parallax, right? Parallax becomes more powerful when the user has a lot of fear. Hence why Parallax was powerful at the time.

No, I'm not comparing Eiling to Odin. Eiling isn't close to Odin's power levels, but I just stated that because Eiling is a pretty powerful dude, and I used that as a damage output feat for Hal, due to the fact that Hal toyed around with someone that durable.

That's great, but Odin is a completely different beast than Eiling; we're talking about characters with skin harder than Mjolnir and can rip apart vibranium with their hands.

Well, he soloed the Green Lantern Corps, IIRC, which Odin won't be capable of doing.

Oh so he's still below Odin in power then?

He was one-shotting Black Lanterns (dead people) in Blackest Night. Larfreeze got an entire corps in his ring. That should suffice.

So do the folks on the Walking Dead and I don't assume they can beat Odin. Hell flamethrowers took out black-lanterns. It doesn't help Larfleeze was introduced in Blackest Night running for his life from Black Lanterns.

johnfrank120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LC