• 82 results
#1 Edited by AverageKoala (238 posts) - - Show Bio

Starkiller has been brainwashed by an unknown entity, that has convinced him he must rid the galaxy of these people. Starkiller is fully healed after each round.

The Apprentice

Target one

Ki-Adi Mundi

Target two

Darth Maul

Target three

General Grievous

Target Four

Obi-Wan Kenobi

Targets Five and Six

Count Dooku and Asajj Ventress (Together)

Targets Seven and Eight

Mace Windu and Kit Fisto (Together)

Target Nine

Yoda

Target Ten

Grand Master Luke

The opponent(s) are teleported to this hangar where they start 15 feet from Starkiller.

All game feats usable for Starkiller, all comic/movie feats for opponents.

Morals off, bloodlust on for Starkiller.

Morals on for his opponents.

Win by death.

#2 Posted by Deranged Midget (17968 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly, I don't see him getting past Maul. Maul has superior speed feats, he's far more skilled with a saber and has taken on both Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan with unrelenting confidence and near ease.

#3 Posted by AverageKoala (238 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget: do you think Maul could take Vader?

#4 Edited by ShootingNova (19024 posts) - - Show Bio

Quite frankly, this gauntlet is horrendously out of place. Why is Mace and Kit after Yoda?

That being said, Yoda and Luke stomp him. In terms of sheer duelling, Galen Marek loses to Maul.

Probably stops at Grievous.

@AverageKoala said:

@Deranged Midget: do you think Maul could take Vader?

Not a chance. Vader not in his prime, without using TK, has defeated an amped doppelganger of Maul.

@Deranged Midget said:

Honestly, I don't see him getting past Maul. Maul has superior speed feats, he's far more skilled with a saber and has taken on both Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan with unrelenting confidence and near ease.

Qui-Gon was out of his prime (yes, same discussion) and Obi-Wan half-applied Sun Djem.

On the other hand, he probably passes Maul due to Force Powers.

#5 Posted by .Spider-man. (3940 posts) - - Show Bio

Does not get passed Maul

#6 Posted by ShootingNova (19024 posts) - - Show Bio

@.Spider-man. said:

Does not get passed Maul

He can, through Force Powers.

#7 Posted by Deranged Midget (17968 posts) - - Show Bio

@AverageKoala: God no. He only defeated Vader once when he was amped significantly.

@ShootingNova: Meh, he still wasn't that impressive and was a terrible duelist.

#8 Posted by ShootingNova (19024 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget said:

@AverageKoala: God no. He only defeated Vader once when he was amped significantly.

Not really. He just kept talking and Vader killed him. Plus, Vader wasn't using his TK and was not in his prime. if he was, then yeah.....

@ShootingNova: Meh, he still wasn't that impressive and was a terrible duelist.

You got that from JediXMan, didn't you?

Although I agree, his duelling is mediocre at best, and flat out fail at worst.

On the other hand, he wins via Force Powers.

#9 Posted by Tiamat (2074 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova said:

has defeated an amped doppelganger of Maul.

Amped? Do you mean this fight?

My memory might be fuzzy but I do not remember this being an 'amped' Maul. And until he got cocky (Once again just as he did with Ob1) he would of won.

#10 Posted by ShootingNova (19024 posts) - - Show Bio

@Tiamat: First of all, Vader wasn't in his prime. If he was, he would own Maul.

Secondly, he wasn't using his TK.

In his prime, with all his powers, he would own Maul.

#11 Posted by .Spider-man. (3940 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova: I'm still trying to find any reference to that being a 'amped' doppelganger of Maul. I've heard this same thing a while back but no evidence was ever shown to prove that it was a more powerful version of Maul in any way.

#12 Posted by ShootingNova (19024 posts) - - Show Bio

@.Spider-man.: Let me find it.......

Or you can ask Silver.

#13 Posted by Deranged Midget (17968 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova: He was still amped and it still gave him an advantage over Vader during the majority of the fight.

No, I just think he's a flat-out buffoon when it comes to dueling. Personally, I don't see his force powers helping that much.

#14 Posted by ShootingNova (19024 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget: They can help. However, yes, he flat-out-fails in duelling.

#15 Posted by Deranged Midget (17968 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova: But that's where it all comes down to. Starkiller lacks the speed feats to keep up with Maul and he'll be on top of him in seconds before he has the chance to dish out "superior" force attacks.

#16 Posted by ShootingNova (19024 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget: The fact that he was able to contend with Vader already suggests he can contend with Maul. His speed is just scant enough to do so, but it should be sufficient to hold.

His Force Powers only "might" get out, but if it does, he might win. It depends on how reckless the two combatants will be.

#17 Posted by AverageKoala (238 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova said:

Quite frankly, this gauntlet is horrendously out of place. Why is Mace and Kit after Yoda?

I'll switch them, other than that is it really that bad in order?

I was under the impression a bloodlusted Apprentice would be very dangerous because of his sometimes rediculous force feats. Such as moving an entire starship and throwing around tie fighters.

Also, does Grievous have an answer to force lightning?

#18 Edited by Wolfrazer (7681 posts) - - Show Bio
@AverageKoala:  That was game mechanics the novels make his powers much more tame, also he didn't move the star destroyer he was guiding it down as it was already falling.
#19 Posted by AverageKoala (238 posts) - - Show Bio

@Wolfrazer said:

also he didn't move the star destroyer he was guiding it down as it was already falling.

That's still pretty impressive. I get what you're saying though.

#20 Posted by Wolfrazer (7681 posts) - - Show Bio
@AverageKoala said:

@Wolfrazer said:

also he didn't move the star destroyer he was guiding it down as it was already falling.

That's still pretty impressive. I get what you're saying though.

Well of course its impressive, but remember the saying "size matters not" the force doesn't care about how big an object is. If someone is determined enough and skillful, they can lift or stop anything.
#21 Edited by ShootingNova (19024 posts) - - Show Bio

@AverageKoala said:

@ShootingNova said:

I'll switch them, other than that is it really that bad in order?

I was under the impression a bloodlusted Apprentice would be very dangerous because of his sometimes rediculous force feats. Such as moving an entire starship and throwing around tie fighters.

Also, does Grievous have an answer to force lightning?

Okay.

Yes. That isn't incapable of being replicated, because all he actually did was guide the Star Destroyer so it hit the Junk Cannon, and not actually seize it and toss it around.

Grievous is durable enough to tank explosion from rockets and grenades, as well as lightsaber strikes and blaster bolts.

He has superior speed, strength, durability, and arguable superior stamina compared to someone on Marek's tier.

@Wolfrazer said:

If someone is determined enough and skillful, they can lift or stop anything.

If you're being literal, that's horrendously incorrect.

#22 Posted by Deranged Midget (17968 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova: "Contending" with Vader... See, that's not exactly a giant feat. Vader didn't even seem to be trying at all. Regardless, with morals off, Starkiller might start throwing force powers instantly but Maul still has the superior speed and it's not like he's unfamiliar with foes who depend on the force.

#23 Posted by ShootingNova (19024 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget: Of course he isn't. The thing is, SK still possesses a modicum amount of experience superior to that of Maul, but Maul, while being skilled in the Force, has not exactly faced somebody with superior Force Powers to Starkiller who was going all out.

Maul's speed being superior is not exactly a winning factor since SK can contend with him still, and he would eventually be overwhelmed by that amount of Force Powers of that level.

#24 Posted by Deranged Midget (17968 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova: Honestly, Starkiller's only possible chance of winning that I see possible, is letting completely loose and unleashing everything he has. Besides that, he's going to fall pretty easily to Maul's saber skills.

But I can agree with that.

#25 Posted by ShootingNova (19024 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget said:

@ShootingNova: Honestly, Starkiller's only possible chance of winning that I see possible, is letting completely loose and unleashing everything he has. Besides that, he's going to fall pretty easily to Maul's saber skills.

But I can agree with that.

I don't see why he can't do that. Morals are off for him and he's bloodlusted, while Maul is not and has morals on.

#26 Posted by Deranged Midget (17968 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova: Agreed but aside from that, not seeing how he'll make it past the other opponents.

#27 Posted by ShootingNova (19024 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget said:

@ShootingNova: Agreed but aside from that, not seeing how he'll make it past the other opponents.

I said he loses to Grievous.

#28 Posted by Deranged Midget (17968 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova: Hmm, how do you think it'd go?

I would assume that Grievous' durability would give him a slight advantage and his 4 sabers would greatly overwhelm Starkiller since he's never fought an opponent of that caliber.

#29 Posted by ShootingNova (19024 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget: Grievous wins majority.

Like we discussed before, Starkiller's only remote chance is to unleash everything, but if it gets to a straight-up saber duel, Grievous would overpower Starkiller fairly quickly.

#30 Posted by Deranged Midget (17968 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova: Agreed, but the same could be said for Maul regarding duelling but we've already gone over that.

#31 Posted by ShootingNova (19024 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget: But Starkiller has a much higher chance of winning there.

#32 Posted by Deranged Midget (17968 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova: He does yes, but it's arguable that Maul is more agile, harder to hit and quicker than Grievous, but not by any large margin of course. So unless Starkiller unleashed everything in his arsenal, which truly, he never has nor has been demonstrated to do so, I can't see him overwhelming Maul that quickly.

#33 Posted by Wolfrazer (7681 posts) - - Show Bio
@ShootingNova:  In theory.
#34 Posted by oge321 (157 posts) - - Show Bio

If Starkiller was told that Juno's life is on the line i think he could get through a lot of his opponents. But he could never get past Yoda.

#35 Posted by AverageKoala (238 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova: @Wolfrazer: @Deranged Midget: @oge321 said:

If Starkiller was told that Juno's life is on the line i think he could get through a lot of his opponents. But he could never get past Yoda.

If that helps lets say he is convinced these people are trying to murder Juno, morals still off, bloodlust still on.

#36 Edited by ShootingNova (19024 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget said:

@ShootingNova: He does yes, but it's arguable that Maul is more agile, harder to hit and quicker than Grievous, but not by any large margin of course. So unless Starkiller unleashed everything in his arsenal, which truly, he never has nor has been demonstrated to do so, I can't see him overwhelming Maul that quickly.

That's arguable, but for a different time. However, Grievous has superior feats in those levels.

It should be noted that he does not have morals on and is bloodlusted.

@AverageKoala said:

@ShootingNova: @Wolfrazer: @Deranged Midget: @oge321 said:

If that helps lets say he is convinced these people are trying to murder Juno, morals still off, bloodlust still on.

Which really doesn't help, since morals are already off and bloodlust is on.

#37 Posted by Deranged Midget (17968 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova said:

That's arguable, but for a different time. However, Grievous has superior feats in those levels.

It should be noted that he does not have morals on and is bloodlusted.

To be fair, Grievous has the luxury of more feats but I'll agree.

Which really doesn't help, since morals are already off and bloodlust is on.

Agreed, I don't see why Juno dying will help in the slightest.

#38 Posted by ShootingNova (19024 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget said:

To be fair, Grievous has the luxury of more feats but I'll agree.

Okay.

Agreed, I don't see why Juno dying will help in the slightest.

Yup.

#39 Posted by The_Thunderer (2894 posts) - - Show Bio

stops at maul or grievous.

#40 Posted by ShootingNova (19024 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Thunderer said:

stops at maul or grievous.

I say Grievous.

#41 Posted by The_Thunderer (2894 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova: Maul is faster and imo had had better training and did defeat Qui-Gonn and Obi Wan (excluding his idiocy at the end of the fight) and so may be able to handle him.

#42 Posted by ShootingNova (19024 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Thunderer said:

@ShootingNova: Maul is faster and imo had had better training and did defeat Qui-Gonn and Obi Wan (excluding his idiocy at the end of the fight) and so may be able to handle him.

He is, but Starkiller can contend with him.

Secondly, if Starkiller unleashes everything he has (and I see no reason for this to be delayed, morals off, and bloodlust for him while Maul is normal and has morals on) he will win.

#43 Posted by SoA (5243 posts) - - Show Bio

@AverageKoala: target 4 would be a tough fight . if he does make it , mace n fisto beat him .

#44 Posted by ShootingNova (19024 posts) - - Show Bio

@SoA said:

@AverageKoala: target 4 would be a tough fight . if he does make it , mace n fisto beat him .

He isn't getting past Grievous.

#45 Edited by SoA (5243 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova: can greivous deflect or is unaffected by force lightning? ive never seen the cgi cartoon so i really do not know . i know he is fast and of course 4 armed . and in the star wars mini cartoon series was super agile.

#46 Posted by The_Thunderer (2894 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova: Sorry missed morals off part. Hmm tougher, haven't seen enough force feats from Maul to say he can beat Starkiller, so on that basis, i'm saying the apprentice.

#47 Posted by ShootingNova (19024 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Thunderer: I have seen enough from Maul to think that Starkiller's Force Feats are superior.

@SoA said:

@ShootingNova: can greivous deflect or is unaffected by force lightning? ive never seen the cgi cartoon so i really do not know . i know he is fast and of course 4 armed . and in the star wars mini cartoon series was super agile.

The CGI cartoon is a horrendous source for feats.

He has tanked explosions from rockets, grenades, and tanked saber strikes and blaster bolts also, hurls around steel columns, and has superior physical attributes, compared to Starkiller. Force Lightning won't have maximum effect.

On the other hand, Starkiller's duelling is mediocre at best, flat-out-horrible at worst, and Grievous slaughters him in a duel.

#48 Posted by Baldy (4914 posts) - - Show Bio

I've always found Maul to be rather weak with force powers. He certainly never focused in them.

#49 Posted by SoA (5243 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova: glad im not the only one who hates the cartoon lol

#50 Posted by ShootingNova (19024 posts) - - Show Bio

@Baldy said:

I've always found Maul to be rather weak with force powers. He certainly never focused in them.

He's not exactly "weak" in that department. Probably "lesser" yes, but not "weak". He uses them to amplify his physical attributes and sharpen his senses more than simply Force Powers in combat such as Push, Wave, Lightning/whatever else, you get the point.