vs.

Sir Mad Jim Jaspers (Tierra-616):

#2 Posted by beautifulrevery (1457 posts) - - Show Bio

@alternative_backup said:

COIE Anti-Monitor:

vs.

Sir Mad Jim Jaspers (Earth-616):

Who win?

MJJ stomps. He's essentially Marvels Mxy. The destruction of reality is the only thing that stopped him. He's nigh-omnipotent. AM is out of his league

#3 Edited by alternative_backup (617 posts) - - Show Bio

@beautifulrevery COIE Anti-Monitor is more powerful than Mr. Mxyzptlk. And Mad Jim Jaspers can not work itself no present reality, additional, the Monitor is also almost nigh-omnipotent and threatened and destroyed much of the DC multiverse when he was at the height of his powers.

#4 Posted by DarkRaiden (5173 posts) - - Show Bio

MJJ is apparently omniversal so...as long as reality exists he wins.

#5 Posted by alternative_backup (617 posts) - - Show Bio

MJJ is "apparentaly" omniversal, but they are only assumptions. Mad Jim Jaspers is overrated.

#6 Posted by DarkRaiden (5173 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkraiden said:

MJJ is "apparentaly" omniversal, but they are only assumptions. Mad Jim Jaspers is overrated.

Maybe but...considering who said he was omniversal it has to have some credibility

#7 Posted by Killemall (16967 posts) - - Show Bio

I wont argue that Mad James Jasper doesnt really have any omniversal feat on panel to name, nor has he ever performed warp beyond universal.

That being said, at least in his original series by Alan Moore, he was actually just that freakin powerful, and was meant to be omniversal.

Lets try and substantiate it, lets see what you feel.

==================================

The Daredevils # 10, we have Cobweb from the otherworld, whose power is to see potential futures. In one of her dream she seems Mjj Warp spread and apparently engulf the entire omniverse.

So like she sees in her dream

"I see a universe eaten alive by Chaos"

"And another universe... and another, like Dominos tumbling"

"I see the future"

"And its cancelled"

So in the potential future Cobweb sees Jasper unleashes his Crooked World reality warp, the reality warp goes unopposed (contrary to what happened in the actual even, MJJ having to fight the very creation of an alternate reality MJJ) and it starts eating universe, one after another till the future is cancelled.

The last seem to be as if the entire marvel multiverse is eaten and hence the future, i.e. the subscription of marvel comics which is what omniversal meant in that day, is now cancelled.

This is further substantiated few issues later during The Mighty World of Marvel vol 2 # 09

So here we have Merlyn explain what will happen if Jasper goes unopposed (which is pretty much what we saw on the above set of scans with Cobweb)

"And if he cannot be defeated, then the omniversal shall fall into chaos.."

".. And a new and hostile god shall play dice with matter"

Two different issue written by the same writer addressing same topic, what would happen if Jasper was not defeated (using plot obviously he was pretty godly to be defeated in a straight up battle). Both the issue seem to point out entire omniverse would fall into chaos, one saw the warp spread, the chaos eat one universe at a time and continue until entire future was cancelled. The other states the entire omniverse shall fall into chaos.

So what i am trying to say is at least "potential" wise he was omniversal, he was just meant to be as godly as it gets. He however does not have actual on panel feat to compete with this.

#8 Posted by alternative_backup (617 posts) - - Show Bio

@killemall Mad Jim Jaspers is a quite powerful, but overrated by its hypothetical potential "omniversal" growing exponentially. Many users give MJJ automatic victory as "Omniversal", but do not argue any more.

#9 Posted by rolldestroyer (3508 posts) - - Show Bio

Jasper's reality warp takes time to spread, only then will he become unbeatable. if MJJ starts without his warp then i could see anti monitor one shotting him with a universal busting attack, MJJ + fury merged together (making him much more powerful) were killed by energy lances, without his warp.

MJJ within his warp is an entirely different issue.

#10 Posted by JackKnight (2969 posts) - - Show Bio

I love Anti-Monitor but MJJ takes this in a stomp.