The African Lion vs The North American Grizzly Bear

MrHamWallet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#251  Edited By MrHamWallet

@petey_is_spidey: If a Lion was properly engaging an adult Grizzly it's not going to stay non aggressive or try and run away, it's going to fight back and eventually it's going to realise it has a huge strength and weight advantage.

Ah, I see and my bad that was a little confusing but yes I did mean if both animals were acting aggressively. However, no I do believe the bear will sustain little real damage, they have a thick hide and a thick layer of fat that the Lion will struggle to penetrate against a much stronger animal. The Lion will not seriously injure the Bear is what I meant by this, only cosmetic damage basically.

Imo, the bear has 80/20 at least in its favour.

PLAYA1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The lion gets its ass kicked.

Urban_Ninja_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Grizzly Bears, to me, seem more articulate than Lions. I feel they are stronger than Lions, too, and should be able to defeat one. Not without a beating itself.

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@petey_is_spidey: If a Lion was properly engaging an adult Grizzly it's not going to stay non aggressive or try and run away, it's going to fight back and eventually it's going to realise it has a huge strength and weight advantage.

Ah, I see and my bad that was a little confusing but yes I did mean if both animals were acting aggressively. However, no I do believe the bear will sustain little real damage, they have a thick hide and a thick layer of fat that the Lion will struggle to penetrate against a much stronger animal. The Lion will not seriously injure the Bear is what I meant by this, only cosmetic damage basically.

Imo, the bear has 80/20 at least in its favour.

Fair enough

xeno12121212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lion would win they have killed bears in the past

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

mismatch in bear's favour

MKhaters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for professathought
ProfessaThought

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bear

euroasian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You people are absolutely crazy if you think a bear, ANY bear can stand a chance against a fully grown african male lion!

First of all, this very notion that a grizzly bear somehow will stand an " fight to the death" with an african male lion is ludicrous! The moment that the lion charges the bear with an intent to kill, the bear will run for his life after the exhange of couple of paw swipes!

And second, the very idea that a grizzly bear can crack the skull of an african male lion open with a single paw swipe is just ricidilous! Show a single video on youtube where a bear cracks ANY animals skull open with a single paw swipe, let alone the gigantic skull of an african male lion!!! A single video! On the other hand, you can find dozens of videos on youtube where a bear is struggling to kill even a tiny creature like a dear paw swipe after paw swipe!

There are many cases where humans fought off a bear with no weapons but their hands all throught the history, up until the modern times! And there are also many cases where humans were able to scare a bear off simply by shouting or throwing rocks at him! But you will not find a single case where a human was able to fight off a fully grown african male lion, without any weapons, with only his bare hands! And if you think you will be able to scare off a male lion just by shouting or throwing rocks at him, you got another thing coming buddy!

I take it that most of you guys have never even been in a single fight in your life if you think fights are just about size and weight! Fights are won not just size and weight, but by ferocity, aggression and fearlessness! And an african male lion is an apex predator which is second to none in those qualities!

A bear, ANY bear stands absolutely no chance against an african lion in any given situation!

Avatar image for dalastuchihaman
DaLastUchihaMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers