@jackofspades said:

@Le_Piaf said:

@jackofspades said:

grundy

Why?

why what

Why does Grundy win?

#9 Posted by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

Absorbing Man. Grundy has nothing in his arsenal that can take Creel down.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#10 Posted by jackofspades (1860 posts) - - Show Bio

@Le_Piaf said:

@jackofspades said:

@Le_Piaf said:

@jackofspades said:

grundy

Why?

why what

Why does Grundy win?

way stronger and more durable

#11 Posted by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

@jackofspades said:

@Le_Piaf said:

@jackofspades said:

@Le_Piaf said:

@jackofspades said:

grundy

Why?

why what

Why does Grundy win?

Except his strength and durability mean nothing against someone who can constantly shape and re-shape their body on a whim. I just don't think Grundy could KO him. Not to mention depending on the version of Creel, he could very much copy Grundy's power set. He's done this to Hulk, Thor, and Hank Pym IIRC.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#12 Posted by cosmicallyaware1 (4305 posts) - - Show Bio

yup, for sure Creel. Agreed that Grundy doesn't have much to take Creel out....... plus depending on the environment, Creel has a lot more versatility to utilize.

#13 Posted by Le_Piaf (180 posts) - - Show Bio

Absorbing man wins, he can absorb the powers of Grundy and add some to them.

#14 Posted by TDK_1997 (14684 posts) - - Show Bio

Grundy can overwhelm creel by force but he can't put him down.Whatever he uses Creel will absorb it and will become stronger and stronger.

#15 Posted by dondave (36408 posts) - - Show Bio

Isn't Creel chain unbreakbale. Assuming it is he could absorb it and wrreck grundy

#16 Posted by jackofspades (1860 posts) - - Show Bio

@Floopay said:

@jackofspades said:

@Le_Piaf said:

@jackofspades said:

@Le_Piaf said:

@jackofspades said:

grundy

Why?

why what

Why does Grundy win?

Except his strength and durability mean nothing against someone who can constantly shape and re-shape their body on a whim. I just don't think Grundy could KO him. Not to mention depending on the version of Creel, he could very much copy Grundy's power set. He's done this to Hulk, Thor, and Hank Pym IIRC.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

dont hulk beat him alot

#17 Posted by blackadamFTW (7867 posts) - - Show Bio

@Floopay: How exactly is he going to put down Grundy?

#18 Posted by cuddles666 (310 posts) - - Show Bio

@Floopay said:

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

I agree. If it's a random encounter, Grundy's death ends the round because Creel will be long gone by the time Grundy wakes up. Also, if it's New York then Creel can absorb the titanium of a skyscraper and Grundy has absolutely no way of breaking that down.

#19 Posted by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackadamFTW said:

@Floopay: How exactly is he going to put down Grundy?

He has an entire city of materials to absorb and become, including off of Grundy himself (not to mention, Absorbing has shown something akin to power mimicry in the past, he could replicate Grundy's powers...) and could potentially score a KO or rip Grundy to shreds, or smash him, or whatever.

On the other hand, what could Grundy possibly do to Absorbing Man?

@jackofspades said:

@Floopay said:

@jackofspades said:

@Le_Piaf said:

@jackofspades said:

@Le_Piaf said:

@jackofspades said:

grundy

Why?

why what

Why does Grundy win?

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

dont hulk beat him alot

No, I think Hulk has beat him once? Maybe? Not sure on that detail.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#20 Posted by Cole_Mercer (214 posts) - - Show Bio

Well Creed couldn't kill Solomon Grundy, he's already dead lol. Wiki claims that his strength & durability is on par with superman. So Creed should be kinda easy. He is also invulnerable to magical, physical & energy attacks. Creed can't do jack to him. Grundy wins

#21 Posted by blackadamFTW (7867 posts) - - Show Bio

@Floopay: Well, anything elemental isn't really going to work on Grundy, so I don't really see what he could absorb that could make him capable of beating Grundy. His only chance is to absorb the powers of Grundy, and even then, it ends in stalemate at best for Creel. Grundy has more experience with his powers, and he doesn't really feel to much about pain, and if he does, he sure as hell doesn't show it.

#22 Posted by Nefarious (19677 posts) - - Show Bio

Grundy Smash.

#23 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio
@Cole_Mercer said:

Well Creed couldn't kill Solomon Grundy, he's already dead lol. Wiki claims that his strength & durability is on par with superman. So Creed should be kinda easy. He is also invulnerable to magical, physical & energy attacks. Creed can't do jack to him. Grundy wins

For me this is a myth.

After scan with  Supergirl he was KOd in next page, I don't have it right now but You can find it in Supergirl #1 vol 5.  He also isn't actually immune to energy attacks, since Amazo cutted him into pieces (later Amazo burned whole swamps) and Etrigan burned him pretty easily.
#24 Posted by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

@czarny_samael666 said:

@Cole_Mercer said:

For me this is a myth.
After scan with Supergirl he was KOd in next page, I don't have it right now but You can find it in Supergirl #1 vol 5. He also isn't actually immune to energy attacks, since Amazo cutted him into pieces (later Amazo burned whole swamps) and Etrigan burned him pretty easily.

Sometimes it is and sometimes it isn't. Solomon Grundy's power levels vary dramatically, sometimes he is barely above Batman, other times he's fighting with Superman.

@blackadamFTW said:

@Floopay: Well, anything elemental isn't really going to work on Grundy, so I don't really see what he could absorb that could make him capable of beating Grundy. His only chance is to absorb the powers of Grundy, and even then, it ends in stalemate at best for Creel. Grundy has more experience with his powers, and he doesn't really feel to much about pain, and if he does, he sure as hell doesn't show it.

You're telling me Grundy can't be harmed by metal....?

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#25 Posted by blackadamFTW (7867 posts) - - Show Bio

@Floopay: @Floopay: Well yeah, but Grundy could bend the sh!t out of metal.

#26 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio
@blackadamFTW: @Floopay
Do You have any scans with Grundy's feats? I've read 3 or 4 different stories (Superman 676, Supergirl v5 #1 and his own mini series in which he fought with Amazo, Etrigan, Poison Ivy etc.) and best thing I can say about him is that he wasn't one-shotted by Bizarro (who wanted to be Grundy's friend) or Etrigan (who finally burned him). This is not that good actually. 
OH that last story was Blackest Night, but he was boosted by ring there, not too mention that Bizarro wasn't defeated even by this version of Grundy. But I barely remember that comic, so I could make some mistake about that one.
#27 Posted by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

@czarny_samael666 said:

@blackadamFTW: @Floopay: Do You have any scans with Grundy's feats? I've read 3 or 4 different stories (Superman 676, Supergirl v5 #1 and his own mini series in which he fought with Amazo, Etrigan, Poison Ivy etc.) and best thing I can say about him is that he wasn't one-shotted by Bizarro (who wanted to be Grundy's friend) or Etrigan (who finally burned him). This is not that good actually. OH that last story was Blackest Night, but he was boosted by ring there, not too mention that Bizarro wasn't defeated even by this version of Grundy. But I barely remember that comic, so I could make some mistake about that one.

I don't have many scans. He got his ass handed to him by Wonder Woman in the Red Tornado story arc though. And I think he appeared in the Dark Knight when Batman fought him.

He's incredibly inconsistent, and they explained that by the fact that everytime he's reincarnated he's completely different in power levels. At one point he was very intelligent (Red Tornado arc again), and most of the time he's dumb as rocks. Which makes him a good opponent for Creel who's power would be all but unstoppable if he were a much more intelligent person.

In an alternate universe he was able to own the Silver Surfer, but that version is non-canon with main stream. That version was him if he knew how to use his powers to their full extent :P

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#28 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio
@Floopay said:

@czarny_samael666 said:

@blackadamFTW: @Floopay: Do You have any scans with Grundy's feats? I've read 3 or 4 different stories (Superman 676, Supergirl v5 #1 and his own mini series in which he fought with Amazo, Etrigan, Poison Ivy etc.) and best thing I can say about him is that he wasn't one-shotted by Bizarro (who wanted to be Grundy's friend) or Etrigan (who finally burned him). This is not that good actually. OH that last story was Blackest Night, but he was boosted by ring there, not too mention that Bizarro wasn't defeated even by this version of Grundy. But I barely remember that comic, so I could make some mistake about that one.

I don't have many scans. He got his ass handed to him by Wonder Woman in the Red Tornado story arc though. And I think he appeared in the Dark Knight when Batman fought him.

He's incredibly inconsistent, and they explained that by the fact that everytime he's reincarnated he's completely different in power levels. At one point he was very intelligent (Red Tornado arc again), and most of the time he's dumb as rocks. Which makes him a good opponent for Creel who's power would be all but unstoppable if he were a much more intelligent person.

In an alternate universe he was able to own the Silver Surfer, but that version is non-canon with main stream. That version was him if he knew how to use his powers to their full extent :P

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

My point rather was that IDK even one of his big showings. None at all. And from what You're saying, he just got another loss with Superman level character. Supergirl literally one-shotted him, when she saw that Power Girl's power don't work as they should.

Creel? I know, in Earth X he was even consider as some god, wasn't he? And he was able to absorb Quantum Bands (what almost killed him). He sometimes is a beast ;-)
#29 Posted by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

@czarny_samael666 said:

@Floopay said:

@czarny_samael666 said:

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

My point rather was that IDK even one of his big showings. None at all. And from what You're saying, he just got another loss with Superman level character. Supergirl literally one-shotted him, when she saw that Power Girl's power don't work as they should. Creel? I know, in Earth X he was even consider as some god, wasn't he? And he was able to absorb Quantum Bands (what almost killed him). He sometimes is a beast ;-)

Most powerful opponent that Creel stood up to was Odin, but standard showings put him against Hulk and Thor level characters. Though Sentry powned him, but that was with an ability that Grundy lacks.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#30 Posted by blackadamFTW (7867 posts) - - Show Bio

@czarny_samael666 said:

Well, Grundy's best feats are: beating the tar out of the JLA, twice, and stomping Alan on multiple occasions, beating superman until Alan can and helped him, and beating Amazo.

#31 Posted by AssertingValor (5391 posts) - - Show Bio

Depends on who is writing Grundy. I love the Absorbing Man, But i don't he can compete with a well writen Grundy,only jobber Grundy.

#32 Posted by Night Thrasher (3676 posts) - - Show Bio

Grundy pretty easily...Absorbing Man is a jobber in the truest sense of the word. He's not as strong, not as durable, and probably not as smart as Grundy is...If he started off in adamantium mode or something similar then I would consider upping his odds but as is...he's toast!

#33 Posted by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackadamFTW said:

@czarny_samael666 said:

Well, Grundy's best feats are: beating the tar out of the JLA, twice, and stomping Alan on multiple occasions, beating superman until Alan can and helped him, and beating Amazo.

I believe you are mixing both Pre-New 52 and New 52 feats here. He's beaten the JSA once Pre-New 52, and Alan only really has issues with him because Alan's ring can't affect plants, and he's essentially a giant plant. Beating Amazo is impressive, but I dunno which version of Amazo.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#34 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio
@blackadamFTW said:

@czarny_samael666 said:

Beating Amazo? When? 
I hope You're not talking about this:
He also didn't beat Superman. He wasn't even wining, since Superman was totally holding back and finished Grundy in the end:
And tell me that Superman wasn't holding back, when he was saying "give it up Grundy". 
#35 Posted by cmyers1980 (261 posts) - - Show Bio

@Floopay said:

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#36 Posted by jobbernos (1420 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nefarious said:

Grundy Smash.