#1 Posted by Spartan101 (2593 posts) - - Show Bio

All Bloodlusted,no morals,Fight in nyc. Start 1 mile apart.

,.vs

#2 Posted by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (5488 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 1

#3 Posted by Billy Batson (58615 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 2 easily.
BB

#4 Posted by DocFatalis (1419 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 1 is slightly overpowered. The only real contender in team 2 is Mr Majestic. The rest of them would be disposed of in a very cruel manner even by Thanos alone. The bloodlusted thing means a lot when you're talking about the Mad Titan.

#5 Posted by GhostRider2 (3686 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 1.

#6 Posted by TDK_1997 (15278 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 2.

#7 Posted by stonerthps (734 posts) - - Show Bio

The Silver Surfer fan in me wants to say he solos this without morals but, that isn't really relevant anyways since if he can't Thanos can very very easily.

#8 Edited by King Saturn (225708 posts) - - Show Bio
Team 2 wins because the morals are off... 
that means Majestic can utilize his speed advantage to flatten Thanos and help out Captain Marvel and Martian Manhunter while they battle the Silver Surfer... I would assume at that point Superman would be out of the picture for the simple fact that his weakness would be too easy for the Surfer to exploit. 
#9 Posted by Killemall (18607 posts) - - Show Bio

I do not actually see Mr. Majestic's sword in the picture, because without it they are going to have a hard time tagging silver surfer once he goes intangible (assuming he fights smart). Neither captain Marvel, nor superman, nor Martian Manhunter has what it takes to put a serious damage on Thanos, while he could do a whole lot of damage to them.

Not too sure about Mr. Majestic, as i know very little about him, will let buckshot comment on him first.

As it stands, Captain Marvel, Superman and Martian Manhunter by themselves would be outgunned here against Thanos alone, if Mr. Majestic is powerful enough to turn the tide for team 2 then they would win.

#10 Posted by gunmetalgrey (1279 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd say Manhunter is slightly above Surfer in TP, but how does he fare against Thanos? If not too well, then team 2 goes down quick unless they can somehow protect their minds. Majestic will probably create a TP nullifying helmet for himself in nanoseconds, but only after he learns his opponents have TP, not too sure what Supes and Billy can do..

#11 Posted by Killemall (18607 posts) - - Show Bio

@gunmetalgrey said:

I'd say Manhunter is slightly above Surfer in TP, but how does he fare against Thanos? If not too well, then team 2 goes down quick unless they can somehow protect their minds. Majestic will probably create a TP nullifying helmet for himself in nanoseconds, but only after he learns his opponents have TP, not too sure what Supes and Billy can do..

Well if you are trying to compare Martian Manhunter vs Thanos in terms of TP, offensively Thanos is outgunned. Thanos has altogether 7 instances where he has shown the ability to use TP, the only thing going in Thanos's favour is he has never been taken out by TP. Both Moondragon with mind game and Adam warlock with soul gem, in one time or another have stated they cannot enter the titans mind unless he opens it for him.

So offensively i dont see Thanos or surfer (who's claim on TP is even more wonky than that of the Titan, offensively) being able to mindcontrol anyone on team 2 with Martian Manhunter there. That being said, Martian Manhunter probably wont be able to take out Thanos with TP, not too sure about Surfer, he has been taken out by TP before.

Here's a complete list of instances where Thanos has shown the ability to use TP against others.

1. Mindrapes Drax The Destroyer (Captain Marvel Volume 1, Issue 28) - note that classic Drax did have some telepatic powers, he was able to telepathically talk to Captain Marvel and Iron Man, however i do not believe he has actually shown the ability to use it offensively.

2. A TP battle with Moondragon which Thanos wins, and give the fact that Moondragon is one of the most proficient telepath (she did not have mind gem here) it speaks volumes about Thanos telepathic abilities. - Captain Marvel, Volume 1, Issue 31

3. Read Gamora's Mind - Warlock and Infinity Watch, Volume 1, Issue 41

04. Mindraped a priest (i do not think his name was ever reveled - Avengers Celestial Quest - 02

(two of these are going to be a copy paste, of what i have posted above)

05. Fights and beats Kosmos (Beyonder/ The Maker) and mind rapes her (traps her limitless powers in her own human body)

06. Fought the Fallen One (apparently Galactus first herald after Tyrant) mind controlled him and made him his herald - Thanos 12

07. Mind controls hulk and makes him fight the Avengers

#12 Posted by stonerthps (734 posts) - - Show Bio

@gunmetalgrey said:

Eh. Thanos TP>MM by quite a margin I would say SS is nearly even with MM in TP but that really doesn't matter because MM telepathy won't help him this fight since he isn't mindraping either of these guys lol.

@Killemall: So with a morals off surfer wouldn't you think he'd just drain Supes of his powers and transmute the other three into bacon? I mean Majestic has been turned to stone before.

#13 Posted by Killemall (18607 posts) - - Show Bio

@stonerthps said:

@Killemall: So with a morals off surfer wouldn't you think he'd just drain Supes of his powers and transmute the other three into bacon? I mean Majestic has been turned to stone before.

I dont know a lot about Mr. Majestic, so not going to touch that topic but Silver Surfer most definitely can do pretty much everything you have said. Surfer has 2 counts of planetary level matter manipulation, however i am not sure if Supes or Captain Marvel is vulnerable to that. The only time i have actually seen Supes be a victim of matter manipulation (mind you my knoweledge of Superman is limited) is during Day of Jugement in the hands of Spectre where he turned Superman into Salt, but comparing what happened against Spectre vs what would happen against Surfer sounds a bit dodgy.

However, surfer has shown the abilities to take powers away from people, but only has 2 counts of it. One of the person he's taken powers away from is Sypria who derives her powers from the sun, and was power enough to destroy a planet, so that could go against Superman. Then he has the whole vulnerability to red solar radiation, as well as Kryptonite, and synthetic Kryptonite has hurt superman before. Surfer can take superman, no doubt, not too sure about other.

There are few abilities here that need to be answered, hoping buckshot can help us with that, because the only real problem is Mr. Majestic. Cannot Thanos simply BFR him to a different dimension? Would that not work? I am not too sure.

#14 Edited by gunmetalgrey (1279 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall: Doesn't bloodlusted and no morals mean Manhunter won't really care what happens to his teammates though?

#15 Posted by Killemall (18607 posts) - - Show Bio

@gunmetalgrey said:

@Killemall: Doesn't bloodlusted and no morals mean Manhunter won't really care what happens to his teammates though?

To be fair i dont really know how "bloodlusted" should work in a battle forum, but from the threads i have seen, if a character is bloodlusted people tend to argue he uses every power he has shown thus far, be it in character or otherwise (coz lets face it, every neat trick surfer has done which amazes people are not in his character to use during a battle) but they still tend to reason that the said character co-operates with his team mates. So i am pretty much going via hearsay, sorry dont really have a hard and fast answer to what should happen.

#16 Edited by stonerthps (734 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall: Thanos is gonna stomp Maj's head in. Prolly one punch him. Superman did it so Thanos should have no trouble at all.

#17 Edited by blackadamFTW (7867 posts) - - Show Bio

@Billy Batson said:

Team 2 easily.
BB

Definitely.

@stonerthps said:

@Killemall: Thanos is gonna stomp Maj's head in. Prolly one punch him. Superman did it so Thanos should have no trouble at all.

Superman Blue did that, and he solo'd the JLA, so that's a horrible example, guy.

Majestic beats Surfer, and Cap'n, MM, and Supes can take down Thanos (later with the help of Majestic once he's done with Surfer).

#18 Posted by MisterWhisper (2295 posts) - - Show Bio

With morals off then Team 2 wins rather quickly.

SS and Thanos are both fast, faster than many give them credit for, however Majestros is MUCH faster. He could very easily speed blitz Surfer and take him down before he has a chance to get going, then Thanos just gets dogpiled.

#19 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@Billy Batson said:

Team 2 easily.
BB

No. This is not going to be easy. Were talking about a morals off Thanos & Silver Surfer here.

#20 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20466 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll stick with Team 1 for now.

#21 Posted by Killemall (18607 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackadamFTW said:

Superman Blue did that, and he solo'd the JLA, so that's a horrible example, guy.

Majestic beats Surfer, and Cap'n, MM, and Supes can take down Thanos (later with the help of Majestic once he's done with Surfer).

Without the creation blade, which he doesnt seem to have in the image, can he tag surfer if he goes intangible?

Also if Supes start fighting Thanos, it would punching thanos before the shields go up and will end up being controlled by Thanos (specially Surfer can take out Martian Manhunter, molecular manipulation would be a key).

Not too sure about Majestic, i dont know anything about him apart from what i have heard and seen on comicvine the remaining three cant beat Thanos alone to be honest.

Surfer well, if he fights smart (which he never bloody does in comics) he has ways to handle a lot of em too.

#22 Posted by Mr_Ingenuity (8574 posts) - - Show Bio
#23 Posted by Kentalope (3 posts) - - Show Bio

The creation blades a part of Majestic's standard gear. He solos.

#24 Posted by Sufferthorn (1738 posts) - - Show Bio

Exactly what will they do to Thanos? Because if they can't beat him, they get slaughtered.

#25 Posted by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (5488 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kentalope aka Dex_Starr. Majestic isn't soling anything. Not to mention the fact Thanos can't be killed. The best Majestic could hope for is to stalemate SS. Thanos takes out the other 3 by himself. Btw if you are going to pm me an try to insult me, at leat have the balls to do it in the open. But as usuall you have to be a troll. Everyone knows its you and that you are a DC Fanboy. See you next alt account.

#26 Posted by stonerthps (734 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lone_Wolf_and_Cub said:

@Kentalope aka Dex_Starr. Majestic isn't soling anything. Not to mention the fact Thanos can't be killed. The best Majestic could hope for is to stalemate SS. Thanos takes out the other 3 by himself. Btw if you are going to pm me an try to insult me, at leat have the balls to do it in the open. But as usuall you have to be a troll. Everyone knows its you and that you are a DC Fanboy. See you next alt account.

No lie no lie no liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeee. (:

Fact Majestic is not immune to matter manipulation he's been turned to stone before. (also if you were unaware he has been k0'd by supes in 1 hit before)

Fact Supes isn't immune to mind control he's been mind controlled before. (something thanos likes to do)

Fact Martian Manhunter would probably get punched out in 3-4 hits and be dead. (really not on thanos level)

Fact Captain Marvel ... doesn't matter everyone else is dead. (and he's fighting a mind controlled supes)

#27 Posted by XiiX (9516 posts) - - Show Bio

@TDK_1997 said:

Team 2.

#28 Posted by stonerthps (734 posts) - - Show Bio

@XiiX said:

@TDK_1997 said:

Team 2.

#29 Posted by XiiX (9516 posts) - - Show Bio

@stonerthps: Surfer and Thanos don't have the combat speed of team 2. Surfer can be taken out physically, while Thanos is given all he can handle. *Laughing harder*.

#30 Posted by stonerthps (734 posts) - - Show Bio

@XiiX: Right since none of team 2 has ever shown FTL combat feats and SS has not only that but thanos fought runner and put up a decent fight when runner was in possesion of the infinity gem. Therefore team 2 isn't blitzing anyone not only that but more than likely they're gonna be blitzed by surfer.

#31 Edited by XiiX (9516 posts) - - Show Bio

He's exhibited a handful of superhuman combat feats in his entire history. I'm aware of Surfer's combat feats. I've verified them by asking about them. Surfer is not a reputably quick combatant on the consistency of anyone else here(excluding Thanos). Superman has exhibited more dodging, blitzing, and tactical maneuvering in combat than Surfer has. So has Majestic. So has Martian Manhunter. Not to mention their numbers advantage. At the end of it all, Team 2 has more feats suggesting that blitzing is what they are likely to do. And even if they didn't, that still leaves (at least) two equally quick combatants Surfer has to contend with, who can physically harm him. He's not an intelligent fighter. He gets by on overpowering his opponents, which he can't afford to do here.

Lastly, claiming Surfer is more likely to blitz when he has FEWER instances of performing such a feat than his opponents is just silly. And if we're thinking about the same instance, Thanos got DOMINATED by Runner, before performing some manner of trickery to defeat him. Runner wasn't sweatring Thanos in the least.

#32 Edited by stonerthps (734 posts) - - Show Bio

@XiiX: ... Yes because an in character surfer is a gentle being he isn't trying to hurt/kill anything. If he's bloodlusted and is fighting to his full potential he'll be far far too much for supes mm and cap marvel. Too fast. Too many ways he can kill the others. Like I said earlier supes will more than likely be the first to go down here being he has a legit weakness in red kryptonite. Leaving MM and Captain Marvel. MM is gonna get Transmuted into bacon or have his life sped up to 1 billion years old and have him die of old age. Captain Marvel and Majestic would get trounced by thanos. Having thanos here guarantees a win since majestic got koed by supes in 1 hit and thanos would more than likely replicate this feat.

Show me one time Supes MM or Captain Marvel have exhibited FTL combat? They haven't I know that. So keep trying.

#33 Posted by XiiX (9516 posts) - - Show Bio

@stonerthps: "Bloodlusted" doesn't equate to "out of character". Bloodlusted could imply that Surfer will simply fire more powerful versions of his conventional cosmic-blasts, and fly faster than he usually does. That excludes the likes of transmutation, speed-blitzing, etc. due to him rarely exercising them in combat because he's BLOODLUSTED, not OUT OF CHARACTER.

Why would Surfer be so lucky as to start the match using cosmic-awareness, and specifically against Superman? All the while there's at least 1 other enemy drawing a bead on him, who has sufficient strength and power to significantly harm him(if not take him out). Your scenario is too ideally slanted towards Surfer and secludes the numbers advantage of the second team. Besides the effects of Kryptonite radiation are gradual, and not instantaneous. Surfer would have to have at least a matter of seconds to properly press such an advantage. Time he would be unlikely to have in a match such as this.

Show me Surfer transmuting ANYONE into bacon. I'll wait. Or speeding someone's age up to 1 billion years.

Majestic has also gone toe to toe with the likes of Helspont and performed feats that categorize him as significantly above Superman in terms of power. All characters have their low showings. Thanos got his a$$ whipped by Squirrel Girl, and embarrassed by Gamorra, neither of which are as powerful as anyone on Team 2, if you'd like to play it that way........

#34 Posted by stonerthps (734 posts) - - Show Bio

@XiiX:

Accelerating an entire planet a billion years killing everything on it instantly. Gamorra never embarrassed thanos he trained her for gods sake if he went all out on her she'd be dead. Why would he wanna do that? -.- Squirrel Girl really? Just gonna low ball every marvel character huh? Getting punched by superman and getting koed isn't the same as getting beat by a purely pis character that's like saying DS would actually get beat up by thugs. Makes no sense. Surfer's bread and butter fighting is his matter manipulation and transmutation. Please don't tell me a bloodlusted surfer wouldn't use it to kill instantly cause he would. Oh and green kryptonite is slow for superman. Turning his blood and the radiation he has stored in him from the sun into red kryptonite radiation would likely kill him on the spot. Not only that but thanos likes to mind control this will likely turn into a 3v3 with thanos supes and ss vs MM majestros and marvel. It doesn't have to but I would see thanos doing that. Anyway it goes team 2 has no chance with team 1.

#35 Edited by XiiX (9516 posts) - - Show Bio

@stonerthps: Okay. Now show him doing that in combat. You won't be able to, because he hasn't, so there's no reason to assume he would. Now where is that feat of him converting someone into bacon......?

She busted him up in a training session. Someone with a mere small fraction of his strength has shown the ability to make him bleed and express visible discomfort. Hey, you're the one that started using low-showings, not me. It wouldn't make sense for Majestic to fall to Superman so easily, because he's consistently shown greater endurance than what that 1 showing indicates. If you would like to continue down that train of reasoning, Silver Surfer was harmed by a lightening bolt from Storm, therefor Superman's heat vision should K.O him. Just leave the "Superman knocking out Majestic" thing alone. Then I won't have to bring up how Silver Surfer got forced into an arm-bar by Black Panther.

No. His primary mode in battle is to utilize his linear travel speed and/or his cosmic-blasts. Bloodlusted implies he would simply fly FASTER and exude GREATER force, not change his modus operandi entirely.

Wrong. Superman has flown entirely through a red sun and survived the impact onto the living planet Mogo.

Martian Manhunter has superior feats of telepathy. Thanos isn't getting past him(at least not more quickly than the others would get through Surfer). Your opinion is duly noted.

#36 Posted by SwordandShields (712 posts) - - Show Bio

So it seems the team of 2 is putting up a fight against the team of 4 which I find embarrassing.

SS, Thanos takes this.

#37 Posted by SpeedForceSpider (901 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 1 should win here. I can't see them stopping Thanos.

#38 Posted by stonerthps (734 posts) - - Show Bio

@XiiX: If you want me to leave superman knocking him out alone show me some durability feats that prove he can withstand it otherwise? I haven't seen them. Only time I've seen him tank more is when he absorbed the power of the universe or w.e. Thanos was training her. Doing exactly that. Thanos going all out would kill her. Superman flying through the red sun is irrelevant since his blood/the radiation in him isn't being changed to red kryptonite radiation. Also energy and matter manipulation is his bread and butter along with his cosmic blasts. He's gonna use all his abilities being he's straight up trying to kill the other team. I still see thanos mind controlling supes or SS taking away his power like he did to Sypria who essentially derives her powers the same way as Supes from the sun.

#39 Edited by XiiX (9516 posts) - - Show Bio

@stonerthps: He's fought and taken hits from the likes of Helspont(who's congruently as powerful as he is, and above Superman). Show me Surfer blitzing/using his power with enough speed to defeat 1(let alone 3) Superman level characters. It's your call. I you want to use the example of Superman flooring Majestic, I'll use the examples of Surfer getting spanked by Black Panther or Storm.

Very well. Show me Surfer transmuting someone's blood into a radioactive substance in combat. I'll wait.

So, you're trying to tell me that the battle is going to go as such: "Surfer instantaneously transmutes Superman's blood into red-kryptonite after pinpointing said weakness via the cosmic-awareness, while Captain Marvel and Mr. Majestic float there with their thumbs up their butts, because Silver Surfer exercises a combat savvy that he's never exhibited"?

You're not taking into account that EVERYONE is bloodlusted. Assuming Manhunter and Thanos are squaring off, that leaves a planetary level matter and energy manipulator against 3 planetary level speedsters/bricks. Even if Surfer takes out 1, there's still 2 more right on him. Him coping against such odds is simply idealistic.

#40 Posted by stonerthps (734 posts) - - Show Bio

@XiiX said:

@stonerthps: He's fought and taken hits from the likes of Helspont(who's congruently as powerful as he is, and above Superman). Show me Surfer blitzing/using his power with enough speed to defeat 1(let alone 3) Superman level characters.

Very well. Show me Surfer transmuting someone's blood into a radioactive substance in combat. I'll wait.

So, you're trying to tell me that the battle is going to go as such: "Surfer instantaneously transmutes Superman's blood into red-kryptonite after pinpointing said weakness via the cosmic-awareness, while Captain Marvel and Mr. Majestic float there with their thumbs up their butts, because Silver Surfer exercises a combat savvy that he's never exhibited"?

You're not taking into account that EVERYONE is bloodlusted. Assuming Manhunter and Thanos are squaring off, that leaves a planetary level matter and energy manipulator against 3 planetary level speedsters/bricks. Even if Surfer takes out 1, there's still 2 more right on him. Him coping against such odds is simply idealistic.

Personally I think Thanos could handle MM Supes and Cap Marvel at the same d@m time. Well see my whole issue with Maj taking hits from helspont is when people mention helspont their defense is he fight Majestros and keeps with him. So that's a cool argument. Well this guy fight supes so hes strong. Well supes fights this guy so he's strong. When Maj has no durability showings and Helspont has no strength showings. That's a kinda useless feat.

Surfer has shown ftl combat which none of team 2 have shown ever. Surfer is above Supes level meaning he's SS>Supes>Cap Marvel>MM. I don't honestly see too many problems with this fight since thanos is here. He'll easily dispose of any of MM Supes or Cap marvel in a few hits.

#41 Posted by XiiX (9516 posts) - - Show Bio

My basis for opinion is from what I've seen(scans and opinions) on this very website by people who seem to know the characters well. Majestic is usually considered a tier or so above Superman(without the creation blades).

No he hasn't. If he has, I've never seen them, and I've asked around for them. He's exhibited great travel-speed and maneuvering speed, but not combat. If so, do you have scans? And once again, that's not par for the course. Him doing something once, twice, or thrice does not make it a likelihood(on average). If Superman only blitzed someone one, two, or three times I wouldn't have a sound basis for assuming he'd do it regularly. Same with Surfer, who under bloodlusted guidelines would do what he normally does, only with a more ruthless morale.

How would Thanos dispose of Martian Manhunter "in a few hits"? The martian is an even more versatile combatant than Surfer(because he exercises said versatility more often)........

#42 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (5858 posts) - - Show Bio
@DocFatalis

Team 1 is slightly overpowered. The only real contender in team 2 is Mr Majestic. The rest of them would be disposed of in a very cruel manner even by Thanos alone. The bloodlusted thing means a lot when you're talking about the Mad Titan.

This. Majestic is the only issue
#43 Posted by Simon_the_digger (3563 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 2

#44 Edited by Chronus (1115 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 2. Majestros is even more dangerous than he already is while being bloodlusted with the lack of morals. Then there are his teammates.

#45 Posted by XiiX (9516 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ferdelance said:

Team 2