• 79 results
#1 Posted by Typhion (640 posts) - - Show Bio

Can Thanos save his universe? Can he go on to take AM's?

Thanos

Anti-Monitor

#2 Edited by blackadamFTW (7867 posts) - - Show Bio

COIE Anti-Monitor stomps.

SHAZAM

#3 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20116 posts) - - Show Bio

Anti Monitor

#4 Edited by Typhion (640 posts) - - Show Bio

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:

Anti Monitor

That simple? With the cube Thanos is a universal power. Nearly infinite possibilities are open to him. I can't help but think with his intellect that he could give the AM a good fight.

#5 Posted by Bo88gdan (4393 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos-Cosmic cube 

#6 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20116 posts) - - Show Bio

@Typhion said:

Anti Monitor

That simple? With the cube Thanos is a universal power. Nearly infinite possibilities are open to him. I can't help but think with his intellect that he could give the AM a good fight.

No. I just didn't feel like typing a lot on my iPad. xD

#7 Posted by Spartan101 (2314 posts) - - Show Bio

with the infinity gauntlet he might do better,1 cosmic cube wont beat the A/M.

#8 Posted by Needlebay (1935 posts) - - Show Bio

AM easily.

#9 Posted by King Saturn (223969 posts) - - Show Bio
Anti Monitor should win here... but it's possible Thanos with The Cosmic Cube could test him. 
#10 Posted by seilibice (2 posts) - - Show Bio

@Needlebay said:

AM easily.

#11 Posted by logy5000 (5699 posts) - - Show Bio

Anti-Monitor.

#12 Posted by justleader (1708 posts) - - Show Bio

anti moniter wins this easily

#13 Posted by XiiX (7867 posts) - - Show Bio

@logy5000 said:

Anti-Monitor.

#14 Posted by Simon_the_digger (2884 posts) - - Show Bio

@XiiX said:

@logy5000 said:

Anti-Monitor.

#15 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (5334 posts) - - Show Bio
@Spartan101

With the IG he stomps AM. The Cosmic Cube isn't anything to sneeze at either. I honestly don't know, probably AM.
#16 Posted by Killemall (18451 posts) - - Show Bio

@Typhion said:

Anti Monitor

Lets be honest we havent seen the true extent of cosmic cube's power before, and the most powerful person Thanos with cosmic cube has defeat would be the In-Betweener who is no where close to on the same level as COIE Anti-Monitor.

Granted that during his original run, he beat Kronos and the collector, none of which are really above universal level i would assume. And while granted he was stated to be have become a god (i assume thats more of a hyperbole) he specifically talked his powers in terms of a universal scale (below is the scan for you to see)

His feats after that would include beating Mar Vell (hardly impressive at this level), beating Avengers (hardly impressive at this level again) and then Mar Vell breaking the cube and knocking him out.

Also he himself said, "to destroy me now is to destroy the universe itself", COIE AM should have no problem destroying the universe i would think. The scan is below for you to check it out.

become a god (i assume thats more of a hyperbole) he specifically talked his powers in terms of a universal scale (below is the scan for you to see)

What i am trying to say is, if you take away from him, the whole hyperbole of him being a god, his feats arent even on universal level to be honest, let alone more powerful. All his other hyperboles are also limited to universal level which by no means is going to be enough for a being who consumed infinite number of universe.

Also most importantly Avengers Assemble 07 clearly shows Thanos cannot properly control the cosmic cube which yet again undermines his ability here. Scans are below for you to check it out:

I am a massive Thanos fanboy and have read a lot on him, and i honestly think thanos is massively , massively outgunned here.

#17 Posted by P0rtal (872 posts) - - Show Bio

Anti Monitor is one of the most horrifying DC beings in existence, I had nightmares of him for years. Only a few characters in comics really scared the piss out of me, which included MikaBoshi, Cytorakk and PR Upset Beyonder.

#18 Posted by logy5000 (5699 posts) - - Show Bio

@Typhion said:

Anti Monitor

Anti-Monitor put Spectre into a coma with no damage done to himself. Spectre is easily > universal level. Anti-Monitor smacks Thanos around.

#19 Posted by logy5000 (5699 posts) - - Show Bio

@P0rtal said:

Anti Monitor is one of the most horrifying DC beings in existence, I had nightmares of him for years. Only a few characters in comics really scared the piss out of me, which included MikaBoshi, Cytorakk and PR Upset Beyonder.

Who's mikaboshi?

#20 Posted by thanobomb1124 (2012 posts) - - Show Bio

COIE Anti-Monitor takes it in my opinion

#21 Posted by blackadamFTW (7867 posts) - - Show Bio

@WaveMotionCannon said:

@Spartan101

With the IG he stomps AM.

COIE Anti-Monitor would still stomp him.

#22 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (5334 posts) - - Show Bio
@blackadamFTW

@WaveMotionCannon said:

@Spartan101

With the IG he stomps AM.

COIE Anti-Monitor would still stomp him.

You wish it's already been done and Thanos murders with the IG.
#23 Edited by AssertingValor (5386 posts) - - Show Bio

@justleader said:

anti moniter wins this easily

This.... and assumeing Thanos has no Prep..

#24 Posted by blackadamFTW (7867 posts) - - Show Bio

@WaveMotionCannon said:

You wish

Cool story, bro.

it's already been done

That it has.

and Thanos murders with the IG.

No, he doesn't. He isn't anywhere close to multiversal level, and he doesn't have anywhere close to the feats COIE AM has. Has Thanos thought an extremely amped Spectre, and had the upper hand? I think not.

AM roflstomps his ass.

#25 Posted by solesamurai (591 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackadamFTW said:

@WaveMotionCannon said:

You wish

Cool story, bro.

it's already been done

That it has.

No, he doesn't. He isn't anywhere close to multiversal level, and he doesn't have anywhere close to the feats COIE AM has. Has Thanos thought an extremely amped Spectre, and had the upper hand? I think not.

AM roflstomps his ass.

Living Tribunal > Thanos with IG >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Eternity >> Anti Monitor derp.

#26 Posted by Killemall (18451 posts) - - Show Bio

@logy5000 said:

@P0rtal said:

Who's mikaboshi?

Chaos King from Chaos Wars.

#27 Posted by blackadamFTW (7867 posts) - - Show Bio

@solesamurai said:

@blackadamFTW said:

@WaveMotionCannon said:

You wish

Cool story, bro.

it's already been done

That it has.

AM roflstomps his ass.

Mind giving any actual logic to back that up? Kay. Thanks.

Until then, COOL STORY, BRO.

#28 Posted by kingkronos (2501 posts) - - Show Bio

AM

#29 Posted by Outside_85 (8501 posts) - - Show Bio

@logy5000 said:

@Typhion said:

Anti Monitor

Anti-Monitor put Spectre into a coma with no damage done to himself. Spectre is easily > universal level. Anti-Monitor smacks Thanos around.

I wouldn't say he was undamaged after the fight with the Spectre, he wasn't knocked out of the game by it, but he needed some time to recuperate before he struck again.

@Typhion said:

Anti Monitor

Putting it into perspective, Darkseid's (which would most likely be the Pre-Crisis version) best bet during the whole thing was to let everyone else fight AM before taking a pot-shot at him from far away.

#30 Posted by logy5000 (5699 posts) - - Show Bio

@Outside_85: Regardless, he put Spectre into a coma. If he can beat Spectre by that wide of a margin, he'll smack Thanos around.

#31 Posted by logy5000 (5699 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall said:

@logy5000 said:

@P0rtal said:

Who's mikaboshi?

Chaos King from Chaos Wars.

I've never heard of him.

#32 Posted by Killemall (18451 posts) - - Show Bio

@logy5000 said:

I've never heard of him.

There was a whole story arc in Marvel in around 2008 called Chaos War and he did pretty much exactly what Anti Monitor did, he consumed 98.3% of entire marvel multiverse and was later BFRed into a universe that had nothing (which apparently led to Chaos King thinking he has won and consumed everything and he lived happily ever after, in short cop-out).

So he's like Marvel's version of Anti Monitor.

#33 Edited by logy5000 (5699 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall: Is he as powerful as Anti-Monitor?

#34 Posted by Killemall (18451 posts) - - Show Bio

@logy5000 said:

@Killemall: Is he as powerful as Anti-Monitor?

Cant say exactly, but they have similar feats to about same powerlevel i would assume.

#35 Posted by logy5000 (5699 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall: Well then that would make him pretty scary.

#36 Posted by Outside_85 (8501 posts) - - Show Bio

@logy5000: Question is if it was the Anti-Monitor who did that or the Spectre straining himself too much with all the power going through him, which is what the Phantom Stranger hints at being the case.

#37 Edited by DocFatalis (1419 posts) - - Show Bio

I am here referring to the writing logic, not the power one, and I say Thanos wins, before he ultimately looses, because that is what Thanos does. The person defeating Thanos in the end is always Thanos.

#38 Posted by solesamurai (591 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackadamFTW said:

@solesamurai said:

@blackadamFTW said:

@WaveMotionCannon said:

You wish

Cool story, bro.

it's already been done

That it has.

AM roflstomps his ass.

Mind giving any actual logic to back that up? Kay. Thanks.

Until then, COOL STORY, BRO.

If you knew anything about IG you would know why thanos would kick the AM ass.

#39 Edited by spiderbuck (2452 posts) - - Show Bio

COIE Anti-Monitor because he is accustomed to living as an all powerful being, and not a lesser being striving for power beyond his station.

@DocFatalis said:

I am here referring to the writing logic, not the power one, and I say Thanos wins, before he ultimately looses, because that is what Thanos does. The person defeating Thanos in the end is always Thanos.

#40 Posted by blackadamFTW (7867 posts) - - Show Bio

@solesamurai: I know plenty about the Infinity Gauntlet, and I still know that Anti-Monitor would kick Thanos' purple (or whatever color he is) ass with it.

Also, you still haven't provided any reasoning/logic to prove your point.

Real neat.

#41 Posted by icysloth (1305 posts) - - Show Bio

Anti monitor stompage

#42 Posted by RoyHarperBLOW (1495 posts) - - Show Bio

@King Saturn: Do you always do that to not have a simple answer?

#43 Posted by RoyHarperBLOW (1495 posts) - - Show Bio

@solesamurai: Does the IG give thanos the power to eat, consume, and destroy "infinite" universes like COIE Anti-Monitor did.

#44 Posted by solesamurai (591 posts) - - Show Bio

@RoyHarperBLOW said:

@solesamurai: Does the IG give thanos the power to eat, consume, and destroy "infinite" universes like COIE Anti-Monitor did.

What kind of dumb question is that?

#45 Posted by solesamurai (591 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackadamFTW said:

@solesamurai: I know plenty about the Infinity Gauntlet, and I still know that Anti-Monitor would kick Thanos' purple (or whatever color he is) ass with it.

Also, you still haven't provided any reasoning/logic to prove your point.

Real neat.

Prove to me anti monitor is above eternity and you have a point until then stop asking me for reasoning when I already gave you my opinion on the matter.

#46 Posted by eisjfiejss (513 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackadamFTW said:

@WaveMotionCannon said:

You wish

Cool story, bro.

it's already been done

That it has.

AM roflstomps his ass.

I agree with you that AM is above Thanos with the IG, but what makes you think the IG isn't even close to multiverse level? It was stated that for LT to take the IG from Warlock he would have to lay waste to an entire reality, which means the possessor if the IG is able to partly produce the destruction of a universe and survive it. I'd think that's beyond universal power. Also, what makes you think AM had the upper hand when he fought Spectre? When Spectre appeared and resisted AM he was actually getting overpowered. He even yelled "NO!" when the Spectre didn't say any indication of desperateness until the last minute. The Spectre, in fact, would have won if it were not for Krona's appearance. Plus I wouldn't consider Spectre extremely amped. He was only amped by less than 10 people, all of which are below him in power.

#47 Posted by RoyHarperBLOW (1495 posts) - - Show Bio

@solesamurai: My question isn't dumb. COIE Anti Monitor can do what I stated in my previous post and I don't think thanos with the IG can so he loses.

#48 Posted by solesamurai (591 posts) - - Show Bio

@RoyHarperBLOW said:

@solesamurai: My question isn't dumb. COIE Anti Monitor can do what I stated in my previous post and I don't think thanos with the IG can so he loses.

So just because Thanos hasn't shown he has the ability to devour universes(which is a very vague ability anyway) He loses to anti Monitor? I guess you think since the Beyonder also hasn't shown he can devour them anti monitor beats him as well right? Thanos doesn't have a need nor an ambition to do any of the thing you stated. fact is no one can prove AM is above eternity and thanos with IG has been proven above eternity therefor it's doubtful that AM can defeat him.

#49 Posted by RoyHarperBLOW (1495 posts) - - Show Bio

@solesamurai: True but all he needs to do is consume billions of universes to POWER himself from his already above Thanos IG state.

#50 Posted by RoyHarperBLOW (1495 posts) - - Show Bio

@solesamurai: Also Beyonder as a cosmic cube would loose to AM but PR would not because he has already demonstrated abilities above universe consumption but thanos with the IG has not.