#1 Edited by Scoop316 (165 posts) - - Show Bio

I know this has been done alot, but I haven't seen one giving Big G his weapon, so I figured I'd make this. Stalemate, or can either side pull off a win with their ultimate weapon? (or in Thanos' case, his second-ultimate).

#2 Posted by OverLordArhas (7793 posts) - - Show Bio

IG >>>U.N.

1 GEM is universal put them together and they boost each other.

#3 Edited by uberhikari (2474 posts) - - Show Bio

@overlordarhas: Wait, isnt' the UN also multiversal?

And Galactus himself at full power is also multiversal to begin with.

#4 Edited by OverLordArhas (7793 posts) - - Show Bio

Galactus is Universal as there are versions of Galactus in other alternate universe. Do you think LT would bother with Galactus?

An I.G. Wielding Warlock worries L.T. should Warlock decides to fight back.

#5 Posted by OmgOmgWtfWtf (7045 posts) - - Show Bio

The Ultimate Nullifier is supposedly an aspect of Galactus himself.

#6 Edited by OverLordArhas (7793 posts) - - Show Bio

@uberhikari said:

The Ultimate Nullifier is supposedly an aspect of Galactus himself.

Correct

#7 Edited by Killemall (18607 posts) - - Show Bio

Ultimate Nullifier is an alien weapon, and apart from Galactus "himself" claiming it was a part of him, there is really nothing suggesting there actually is a connection between ultimate nullifier .

The UN on its own is at the least universal, capable of destroying and re-creating entire universe, and possibly multiversal (i say this because after Abraxas saga, pretty much every subsequent bio seem to refer the feat as universal)

Just because there are multiple version of Galactus should have no bearing on what his power level is, i never understand that line of thinking.

Lastly while IG at one point was pretty powerful its not as powerful anyone.

In fact in recent FF 14 an ultimate nullifier nullified an infinity Gauntlet

While in IG defense it was out of its native universe and hence powerless.

Point is at the moment IG vs UN should be even steven, one's more versatile, the other likely has more raw power.

#8 Posted by OverLordArhas (7793 posts) - - Show Bio

Ultimate Nullifier is an alien weapon, and apart from Galactus "himself" claiming it was a part of him, there is really nothing suggesting there actually is a connection between ultimate nullifier .

The UN on its own is at the least universal, capable of destroying and re-creating entire universe, and possibly multiversal (i say this because after Abraxas saga, pretty much every subsequent bio seem to refer the feat as universal)

Just because there are multiple version of Galactus should have no bearing on what his power level is, i never understand that line of thinking.

Lastly while IG at one point was pretty powerful its not as powerful anyone.

In fact in recent FF 14 an ultimate nullifier nullified an infinity Gauntlet

While in IG defense it was out of its native universe and hence powerless.

Point is at the moment IG vs UN should be even steven, one's more versatile, the other likely has more raw power.

Based on the scan, I guess DOOM is holding the I.G. Question, is it the same gauntlet held by Thanos or a new set?

In the Abraxas saga, Reed does destroy and recreated the Universe so as if Galactus was never killed and Abraxas was never released IIRC.

As for Galactus, I was talking of existence rather than power level.:)

#9 Posted by Killemall (18607 posts) - - Show Bio

Based on the scan, I guess DOOM is holding the I.G. Question, is it the same gauntlet held by Thanos or a new set?

Dr. Doom is not holding the IG, its just his own gloves.

Reed Richards from reality TRN 182 is the one holding the IG as well as the ultimate nullifier.

When he fires the nullifier both Infinity Gauntlet and the Reed get nullified.

And no its a new set of IG from reality TRN 182

In the Abraxas saga, Reed does destroy and recreated the Universe so as if Galactus was never killed and Abraxas was never released IIRC.

There is a bit of a confusion on whether what Reed nullified was a universe or a multiverse, but it was at the very least a universe, that was the point, IG currently isnt as powerful its also a universal artifact, which no longer works outside its own native universe.

Then you likely misread the post you replied to, he was talking about power level , a full Galactus would "likely" be a multiversal level in terms of raw power.

#10 Edited by OverLordArhas (7793 posts) - - Show Bio

@overlordarhas said:

Dr. Doom is not holding the IG, its just his own gloves.

Reed Richards from reality TRN 182 is the one holding the IG as well as the ultimate nullifier.

When he fires the nullifier both Infinity Gauntlet and the Reed get nullified.

And no its a new set of IG from reality TRN 182

There is a bit of a confusion on whether what Reed nullified was a universe or a multiverse, but it was at the very least a universe, that was the point, IG currently isnt as powerful its also a universal artifact, which no longer works outside its own native universe.

Then you likely misread the post you replied to, he was talking about power level , a full Galactus would "likely" be a multiversal level in terms of raw power.

Hmmm...A Fully Feed Galactus should only be equal to Eternity/Death level right? As the story goes, he balance both.

I have not read Last Planet standing so I can't tell.

Insane Genis-Vell is a Multiversal power, can he stand up to him?

#11 Posted by Killemall (18607 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmmm...A Fully Feed Galactus should only be equal to Eternity/Death level right? As the story goes, he balance both.

No body knows what a fully fed Galactus looks like or what power level he would be, but given Galactus became Galactus because he merged with Eternity i would say should be around that level.

That being said Marvel loves to ignore hierarchy.

Example: Kosmos = a full cosmic cube being

Kubik = a full cosmic cube being

Molecule Man = an incomplete cosmic cube being, as half the power gained sentience to make the Beyonder.

Yet MM > every other cosmic cube beings

o-O

I can post scans if you like.

Its kind of weird, logically LT should not need help to beat any version of Galactus, but apparently he did so meh!

Genis-Vell himself is no where close to as powerful as a fully fed Galactus, even if you take the same Genis from Mad God saga. He however has a gun that could create a big bang.

People use that feat of him killing and re-creating Eternity, but Genis has appeared before and after that issue, and he is not as powerful, it was his bonding with Entropy , another genuine abstract, and his big bang gun that made him that powerful.

Can Galactus win, well big bang gun vs Ultimate nullifier.. bring it on britches :p

#12 Posted by OverLordArhas (7793 posts) - - Show Bio

@overlordarhas said:

No body knows what a fully fed Galactus looks like or what power level he would be, but given Galactus became Galactus because he merged with Eternity i would say should be around that level.

That being said Marvel loves to ignore hierarchy.

Example: Kosmos = a full cosmic cube being

Kubik = a full cosmic cube being

Molecule Man = an incomplete cosmic cube being, as half the power gained sentience to make the Beyonder.

Yet MM > every other cosmic cube beings

o-O

I can post scans if you like.

Its kind of weird, logically LT should not need help to beat any version of Galactus, but apparently he did so meh!

Genis-Vell himself is no where close to as powerful as a fully fed Galactus, even if you take the same Genis from Mad God saga. He however has a gun that could create a big bang.

People use that feat of him killing and re-creating Eternity, but Genis has appeared before and after that issue, and he is not as powerful, it was his bonding with Entropy , another genuine abstract, and his big bang gun that made him that powerful.

Can Galactus win, well big bang gun vs Ultimate nullifier.. bring it on britches :p

Can you, I want to read the highlights.

Thanks.

#13 Edited by Killemall (18607 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks.

If i am reading your reply correct you are asking if i can post scans from Last Planet Standing, correct? (if its something else let me know)

Last Planet Standing 03: Galactus becomes a big enough threat for Living Tribunal to be involved. So Living Tribunal along with Inbetweener, Stranger, Lord Order, Master Chaos, The Collector, Shaper of Worlds, and Gardner first warn Galactus to stop, when he refuses attacks him together, Galactus tanks the blast although as per collector Galactus would have been destroyed alongside the entire galaxy. Reed knowing that this energy fluctation would destroy planet earth, uses his particle canon (which he intended to use on galactus, and has only 1 shot in it) to attack the abstracts and dispel them through dimensions. Amid the chaos Galactus lands on Earth

Galactus is later defeated using a plot, that the energy he wanted to create a whole new big bang is channeled inside him and he is overloaded by power.

#14 Edited by OverLordArhas (7793 posts) - - Show Bio

But I still think THANOS held I.G. before the sealing is much more powerful.

#15 Posted by OverLordArhas (7793 posts) - - Show Bio

@overlordarhas said:

Thanks.

If i am reading your reply correct you are asking if i can post scans from Last Planet Standing, correct? (if its something else let me know)

Last Planet Standing 03: Galactus becomes a big enough threat for Living Tribunal to be involved. So Living Tribunal along with Inbetweener, Stranger, Lord Order, Master Chaos, The Collector, Shaper of Worlds, and Gardner first warn Galactus to stop, when he refuses attacks him together, Galactus tanks the blast although as per collector Galactus would have been destroyed alongside the entire galaxy. Reed knowing that this energy fluctation would destroy planet earth, uses his particle canon (which he intended to use on galactus, and has only 1 shot in it) to attack the abstracts and dispel them through dimensions. Amid the chaos Galactus lands on Earth

Galactus is later defeated using a plot, that the energy he wanted to create a whole new big bang is channeled inside him and he is overloaded by power.

Yay, Thanks.

#16 Posted by rolldestroyer (3508 posts) - - Show Bio

classic IG is more powerful than the UN, even an incomplete IG is more powerful IIRC.

#17 Edited by rolldestroyer (3508 posts) - - Show Bio

@killemall:

ultimate nullifier is multiversal, this is proven on panel when it was stated to be able to destroy all realities and it destroyed multi eternity

#18 Posted by Killemall (18607 posts) - - Show Bio

@killemall:

ultimate nullifier is multiversal, this is proven on panel when it was stated to be able to destroy all realities and it destroyed multi eternity

I know of the instance you are talking about but virtually every bio published after that point states it to be universal.

I know it says "all there is"

So the word multiverse is never actually used (well apart from Abraxas saying i killed all Galactus in the multiverse), even once in the issue.

Furthermore, there is no mention of it being multi-eternity. The terms was used in the Fantastic Four Annual 2001 preceeding this issue.

When Eternity shows up there is no mention of him being Multi-Eternity.

In fact apart from it being mentioned once in FF Annual 2001 Marvel doesnt even recognize a seperate abstract as multi-eternity or multi-infinity but thats besides the point.

Point was its a little unclear to what he destroyed - universe or multiverse.

Bios after this point says its a universe.

Marvel Encyclopedia Fantastic Four 2004 - Abraxas bio

Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe 2006 - Abraxas bio

Marvel Encyclopedia 2004 - Galactus bio

Thats why i find it a little questionable whether the feat was in fact multiversal or universe in scope and that is what wanted my post , from the get to, to reflect.

#19 Posted by rolldestroyer (3508 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Posted by Killemall (18607 posts) - - Show Bio

@rolldestroyer: I understand what you are saying thats why i said it unclear what Reed actually nullified, and this is more of a statement than an actual feat. Also its hard to argue when 3 different bio points to the feat being universal in nature.

#21 Posted by rolldestroyer (3508 posts) - - Show Bio

@rolldestroyer: I understand what you are saying thats why i said it unclear what Reed actually nullified, and this is more of a statement than an actual feat. Also its hard to argue when 3 different bio points to the feat being universal in nature.

you misunderstood me. i agreed to your argument that it's unclear what reed nullified (which is why i didn't comment on it), my point was proving that the ultimate nullifier is multiversal, you original post said that it was possibly multiversal, so by showing you this scan i was proving that the ultimate nullifier can destroy all realities of the multiverse.

#22 Edited by Killemall (18607 posts) - - Show Bio
#23 Posted by Raw_Material (3306 posts) - - Show Bio

Galactus wins.

#24 Posted by lettsplay10 (689 posts) - - Show Bio

Galactus wins

#25 Posted by mtuske (1559 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm. A fully fed Galactus is supposed to be around Eternity level. Since Eternity got stomped by the IG I'm not sure what the debate is about. IG ftw