Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#151  Edited By Wardemon32

@darkraiden said:

@wardemon32 said:

@darkraiden:

That doesn't explain how a black hole can fold upon itself. and how that means he can tank a punch from Superman when his blunt force durability so no where near that...

Blackhole formed on top of him. He tanked it. The end. The blackhole had the mass of a galaxy. He tanked it. Mass of a galaxy>>>Superman's blunt force he can cause.

Also he easily tanked hits from Power Gem WM Thor which would be right at this Superman's level. Cause you know...power gem.

And you can't tell me the relevance of this feat nor does this feat translate into Thanos blunt force durability feats. Supermassive black holes which I assume would be classified under this instance have weaker tidal forces within the even horizon. That lessens the feat. It isn't the mass in the black hole that really effects you; it's the gravity. It's not like black holes are attacking you like a punch or anything. You go through spaghettification.

Easily? He only got hit like 4 times IIRC. And She-Hulk has tanked hits from Champion with the power gem. Infinite is any number. It could have had the force of 500 megatons for all we know. We can't quantify the force of Thors hits in that instance. An "infinite punch" does not instantly put it above another since we don't know the value within infinite where the force of the punch was.

I just read the feat for myself.

1. It said "miniature". A freaking 2 light year wide black hole is FAR from miniature.
  2. It said the black hole sucked everything up from within a 2 light year radius. A galaxy is way bigger than 2 light years. Our solar system is about 2 light years.
PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@wardemon32:

Nothing against your points here, but I can't help but point out a few things..

1. Our Solar system is nowhere near 2 lightyears.. pluto's average orbit is near 40 AU. Lightyear is roughly 63000 AU... but galaxy itself is nearly 1,00,000 lightyear wide.

2. Can you cite source that says black hole's tidal forces atr weaker within the event horizon?

3. Going off memory here, but the black hole itself was not two lightyears wide, that'd be insane 0_0 it only absorbed things in that radius iirc, the feat seems to be blown out of proportion here. Can't confirm it right now though.

PabloSL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wardemon32: An hour of sun dip won't be nearly enough to beat thanos, Supes is leagues bellow him.

Also I say Thanos, because this Superman has no feats

OrdinaryAlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By DarkRaiden

@darkraiden said:

@wardemon32 said:

@darkraiden:

That doesn't explain how a black hole can fold upon itself. and how that means he can tank a punch from Superman when his blunt force durability so no where near that...

Blackhole formed on top of him. He tanked it. The end. The blackhole had the mass of a galaxy. He tanked it. Mass of a galaxy>>>Superman's blunt force he can cause.

Also he easily tanked hits from Power Gem WM Thor which would be right at this Superman's level. Cause you know...power gem.

And you can't tell me the relevance of this feat nor does this feat translate into Thanos blunt force durability feats. Supermassive black holes which I assume would be classified under this instance have weaker tidal forces within the even horizon. That lessens the feat. It isn't the mass in the black hole that really effects you; it's the gravity. It's not like black holes are attacking you like a punch or anything. You go through spaghettification.

Easily? He only got hit like 4 times IIRC. And She-Hulk has tanked hits from Champion with the power gem. Infinite is any number. It could have had the force of 500 megatons for all we know. We can't quantify the force of Thors hits in that instance. An "infinite punch" does not instantly put it above another since we don't know the value within infinite where the force of the punch was.

I just read the feat for myself.

1. It said "miniature". A freaking 2 light year wide black hole is FAR from miniature.
  2. It said the black hole sucked everything up from within a 2 light year radius. A galaxy is way bigger than 2 light years. Our solar system is about 2 light years.

Well that site shows the Schwarzschild radius. And from wikipedia: "The Schwarzschild radius (sometimes historically referred to as the gravitational radius) is the radius of a sphere such that, if all the mass of an object were to be compressed within that sphere, the escape speed from the surface of the sphere would equal the speed of light. An example of an object smaller than its Schwarzschild radius is a black hole. Once a stellar remnant collapses below this radius, light cannot escape and the object is no longer directly visible.[1] It is a characteristic radius associated with every quantity of mass"

So basically the Swradius of the blackhole in question is definitely 2 lightyears so the galaxy mass thing still stands. And again, I said galaxy mass, not galaxy radius.

Also, for She-Hulk, she was facing normal Champion who was jobbing. Thanos was facing a 10x, bloodlusted Thor. The difference is insane. I'm not saying the punch is infinite, but it should certainly be higher than this Superman.

ancient_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

By any CV user Superman can blitz and punch FR to the death, the guy who survive at the end of the universe (universal+ durability) can now gets blitzed and killed by Superman so wouldn't be ilogic that he could KO/kill Thanos with one punch. That's only retarded logic, universe end explosion>>>>>Superman even if that is phisycal force or not

mj_davis_12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frisky4: I know I'm new but sp1m is fearless the math was done but what does he have to back it up for all we know he could be the same strenght with some new powers

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By Kingant27

Thanos W/IG stomps.

Hiddenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By Hiddenlight

Someone said that base Superman could beat base Thanos. My heart is beggining to stop beating.

ancient_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By ancient_god

Then someone said don't like Supes but i wank him to the hell Lol

ancient_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By ancient_god

@hiddenlight said:

Someone said that base Superman could beat base Thanos. My heart is beggining to stop beating.

Who is he?

RandomSid82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who said that? At least in this thread. I know there was another thread where one guy was arguing Superman would beat Thanos.

ancient_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hiddenlight said:

Who said that? At least in this thread. I know there was another thread where one guy was arguing Superman would beat Thanos.

Can you post a link to the thread?

RandomSid82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@randomsid said:

@hiddenlight said:

Can you post a link to the thread?

Don't know if the link will work, sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. But if it doesn't you can just copy paste it into your browser.

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/thanos-vs-superman-3155/

deadcool_XD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

prime not based on feats

Avatar image for parallax_hal_jordan
Parallax_Hal_Jordan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So basically the Swradius of the blackhole in question is definitely 2 lightyears so the galaxy mass thing still stands. And again, I said galaxy mass, not galaxy radius.

Care to post the scan about the description of that black hole?i want to know if the 2 lightyears is the radius of the black hole,event horizont or effective "reach" of its gravity?(whatever this mean,the gravity has infinite reach).

Because a 2 lightyears wide black hole (its "mass") is not the same that an event horizon/Schwarzschild radious of a black hole.

Wardemon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By Wardemon32

@pablosl said:

@wardemon32: An hour of sun dip won't be nearly enough to beat thanos, Supes is leagues bellow him.

Also I say Thanos, because this Superman has no feats

You're overhyping Thanos. Stop.

@darkraiden

Well that site shows the Schwarzschild radius. And from wikipedia: "The Schwarzschild radius (sometimes historically referred to as the gravitational radius) is the radius of a sphere such that, if all the mass of an object were to be compressed within that sphere, the escape speed from the surface of the sphere would equal the speed of light. An example of an object smaller than its Schwarzschild radius is a black hole. Once a stellar remnant collapses below this radius, light cannot escape and the object is no longer directly visible.[1] It is a characteristic radius associated with every quantity of mass"

This does not mean the larger the black hole, the stronger the gravitation pull. I believe smaller black holes are more compressed therefore it has a stronger gravitational pull. The event horizon is basially the middle of the black hole. Once you're in that area, you're dead. But you'll live a longer life if you're in the event horizon of a supermassive black hole.

"For a supermassive black hole, such as those found at a galaxy's center, this point lies within the event horizon, so an astronaut may cross the event horizon without noticing any squashing and pulling, although it remains only a matter of time, as once inside an event horizon, falling towards the center is inevitable. For small black holes whose Schwarzschild radius is much closer to the singularity, the tidal forces would kill even before the astronaut reaches the event horizon."

Just because a black hole has a larger radius and in turn a larger mass does not it has a stronger pull.

No. It has a very strong pull therefore it pulled everything within 2 light year radius. I'm assuming Thanos made a machine where it can make an object so comressed that the gravitational pull is just that powerful. Even if it was just 2 light years(which is f**king insane) that does not mean the pull was any stronger. And where does it state that it has the mass of a galaxy? And as already said, it does not matter the mass inside the black hole but the compression of mass within the black holes. I reiterate, this would then be a supermassive black hole which lessens the feat. Thanos was squirting out blood by the end of that.

Also, for She-Hulk, she was facing normal Champion who was jobbing. Thanos was facing a 10x, bloodlusted Thor. The difference is insane. I'm not saying the punch is infinite, but it should certainly be higher than this Superman.

So Thanos is jobbing but She-Hulk isn't when he has been hurt by less punches that that? I would argue that Thanos was jobbing since he took hits from a 10x Thor but have gotten hurt by punches before. I've seen scans of her getting punched by Champion with a power gem on his forehead. I don't see how the 10x bloodlusted Thor thing even matters being that he already has infinite strength. And you have no proof that it is higher than a sundipped Superman.

@princearagorn1

Thanks for the correction.

2. Can you cite source that says black hole's tidal forces atr weaker within the event horizon?

3. Going off memory here, but the black hole itself was not two lightyears wide, that'd be insane 0_0 it only absorbed things in that radius iirc, the feat seems to be blown out of proportion here. Can't confirm it right now though.

Black holes tidal forces aren't weaker within the event horizon. That would kind of be super weird being that once you get into the event horizon, you're not getting out. What I was saying was a black holes tidal forces is stronger than a supermassive black holes tidal forces. You can look up and see a quote(yes, I acknowledge that it's just a wiki) but you can also watch this:

Loading Video...

There also a link from Vsauce which you can see what would happen if you were to be near a black hole.

http://hubblesite.org/explore_astronomy/black_holes/encyc_mod3_q16.html

"If you fall into a supermassive black hole, your body remains intact, even as you cross the event horizon. But soon thereafter you reach the central singularity, where you are squashed into a single point of infinite density. You have become one with the black hole. Unfortunately, you are unable to write home about the experience."

There's also this link

http://jila.colorado.edu/~ajsh/insidebh/schw.html

"In a supermassive black hole like this one, the tidal forces are weak enough that you can fall deep inside the horizon before you are torn apart."

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wardemon32: The site. If you put in the mass of 100 trillion suns you get around 2 lightyears. 100 trillion suns is close to a galaxy in mass.

Parallax_Hal_Jordan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkraiden said:

@wardemon32: The site. If you put in the mass of 100 trillion suns you get around 2 lightyears. 100 trillion suns is close to a galaxy in mass.

That's why i ask you a scan for that or at least do you know in what issue does this happen?it's not the same a black hole radius,its event horizon or the "reach" of its gravitional pull,i want to know what they mean when they say 2 light-year

Wardemon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkraiden said:

And you do realize that doesn't mean the feat is any better right? Even when looking at the scans the ships were intact. And he was only near it for 30 seconds.

Parallax_Hal_Jordan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So,its radius isn't 2 light years...at best its event horizon is (and it is not the same):

No Caption Provided

And since there is a debris field left (from Thano's ship) he didn't tank it nor was pulled inside it.It's an impressive but blown out of proportion feat

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2e798651249
deactivated-5b2e798651249

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Thanos. But the argument of him winning without the IG is ridiculous.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wardemon32: You're welcome :)

Sorry if I'm sounding adamant here, but you misinterpreted the statement a little. When they say the tidal forces are 'weaker', they are not being absolute. They are comparing the areas near event horizon. But the catch is, event horizon of the super massive black hole is much farther away from the singularity. So the tidal forces there are weaker.

Basically,

for a black hole of 10 Solar masses: if something breaks at 320 km, that is far outside the Schwarzschild radius of 30 km.

For a black hole of 10,000 Sun masses: it will break at a distance of 3200 km, but the Schwarzschild radius is 30,000 km.

They are comparing the tidal forces near the Schwarzschild radius, so even though they seem weaker there, if you are at the same distance from the two, supermassive black hole will exert far greater force.

Also, the stuff about the black hole thanos tanked having 'mass equal to a galaxy' is nonsense. The situation doesn't fit with the definition he's using at all.. I don't think there's a even a way to quantify it, it is one of the lolfiction events.

ancient_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By ancient_god

I like because one user say Thanos can beat Superman the best rebuttal other can give is you're overhyping Thanos stop

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So,its radius isn't 2 light years...at best its event horizon is (and it is not the same):

No Caption Provided

And since there is a debris field left (from Thano's ship) he didn't tank it nor was pulled inside it.It's an impressive but blown out of proportion feat

1. definition of SWradius says the radius of a blackhole where speed has to be FTL to escape it. Considering that for Thanos' ship to even travel in space it has to be FTL, I'd say the 2 lightyear radius works for this one.

2. The blackhole literally collapsed on Thanos it shows and states that. he was sucked in and his ship disintegrated around him. And to claim that it didn't because his shop had debris is....very faulty. Considering he's built ships that can destroy planets and stars and such so there's no telling what kind of durability or defenses the ship has.

Wardemon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By Wardemon32

@princearagorn1:

I could have sworn this post was longer but that's for the clarifications.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Still Thanos

PabloSL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wardemon32: but, why am I overhyping him? He constantly takes on powerhouses teams, he literally pimp slaps them, humilliates them

Postacrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By Postacrat

@pablosl: yeah mostly with Amps which people tend to ignore alot.

Also to the comments made about all star superman. It was to my understanding he is the one that hibernated in the sun. Lex Luther provided him with the DNA to reproduce and this cloned child became the founder of the Superman Dynasty. So no the story may not be DC continuity but it is relevant to Superman prime 1 million.

PabloSL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@postacrat: No wait, most of the times he is not amped, with his base strenght he has soloed several powerhouses teams

Postacrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By Postacrat

@pablosl: who the avengers? Because I haven't seen him take on too many Justice League level teams and solo them without either a power Gem, Infinity Gauntlet, HOTU or a really big gun

PabloSL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Postacrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By Postacrat

@pablosl: Now I will give you that, he trashed them. The Annihilators are a team of real powerhouses That was a cool showing plain and simple. However I personally still think they are not as effective as the League.

chu42t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jestersmiles: I'm pretty sure Supes can warp reality...

He's basically the Kryptonian Mxyzptlk

Bo88gdan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

tHANOS

Parallax_Hal_Jordan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkraiden said:

1. definition of SWradius says the radius of a blackhole where speed has to be FTL to escape it. Considering that for Thanos' ship to even travel in space it has to be FTL, I'd say the 2 lightyear radius works for this one.

2. The blackhole literally collapsed on Thanos it shows and states that. he was sucked in and his ship disintegrated around him. And to claim that it didn't because his shop had debris is....very faulty. Considering he's built ships that can destroy planets and stars and such so there's no telling what kind of durability or defenses the ship has.

1. Read again the definition,it says clearly : "An example of an object smaller than its Schwarzschild radius is a black hole",it was you who posted the definition,it's very odd that you miss this part. Even then, in the scan it says that everything around a 2-light years radius is drew into the black hole...you know that a black hole affects things that are beyond its SW radius,right?

2. What?did you read the scan i posted?where it say that "The blackhole literally collapsed on Thanos it shows and states that"

The debris are there,for the debris to remain there they should :

a) Be as durable as Thanos,since they are there (prove it)

b) Not being "sucked" past the black hole's event horizon or at least not being too close the bh's mass

If Thanos was sucked into the bh the debris should be also,the gravity "accelerates" things at the same "speed" regardless of its mass. If the debris where sucked, why are still there?they should be compressed and destroyed when the bh collapsed, but we see them.

You can't claim that Thanos was sucked but the debris were not, you know, both (Thanos and the ship) were in the same spot and both experienced the same acceleration, both will reach the same spot (the bh in this case) at the same time.

Thanos was affected and survived a huge black hole, it's a good feat. But he didn't "fell" into it,nothing in the scan even suggest that...the fact that there are debris of his ship left suggest that Thanos wasn't too "close" to it.

Parallax_Hal_Jordan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princearagorn1 said:

Also, the stuff about the black hole thanos tanked having 'mass equal to a galaxy' is nonsense. The situation doesn't fit with the definition he's using at all.. I don't think there's a even a way to quantify it, it is one of the lolfiction events.

Considering that the biggest black hole that the human know so far has a mass 4 times the Large Magellanic Cloud (which has 1/100 the mass of our galaxy) making this black hole as massive as 1/25 of our galaxy, it's not far fetched that a black hole hold the mass of a Galaxy...even less in fiction.

What i can't see is that "tanking a black hole with mass of a galaxy = galaxy level durability"...going with the same logic every human in real life has planetary durability...because,you know,we "tank" its gravity every day lol

Apocalypse3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos.

Karit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, Thanos takes this rather easily with the IG, give Golden Superman the Sword of Superman and he might actually have a chance.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos humbles him.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This didn't need a bump. Thanos snaps his fingers.

GG.

MaZeRaIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This didn't need a bump. Thanos snaps his fingers.

GG.

AgentofChaos1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for the_caped_crusader
The_Caped_Crusader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers