Thanos w/all Infinity Gems VS the Anti-Monitor

RobertMiles1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Classic Thanos, while immortal, and with all six or seven (I forget how many gems there are) Infinity Gems. If there used to be a thing where the Infinity Gems were originally more powerful but then got downgraded then let's assume that they never got powered down.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Infinity Gems wins

PapiNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Depends, if they are fighting in the 616 Marvel U then Thanos, otherwise Anti-Monitor.

Hulkman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By jwwprod

This has already been done loads of time but regardless it depends which version of Anti-Monitor were using.

BTW welcome to ComicVine :)

uberhikari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends, if they are fighting in the 616 Marvel U then Thanos, otherwise Anti-Monitor.

Depending on which version of Anti-Monitor is being used, couldn't COIE Anti-Monitor just destroy the 616 universe?

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 mr_ingenuity  Moderator

Since Thanos has the gauntlet I assume OP is using Pre-Retcon IG. So I think he would win 7-8/10.

PapiNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@uberhikari: I suppose I am assuming that omnipotence, includes faster reaction time than the Anti-Monitor. Thus I believe he would be vaporized before he could destroy the 616. I mean it's not like the AM destroyed the DC Universe faster than light speed. It took time.

uberhikari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uberhikari: I suppose I am assuming that omnipotence, includes faster reaction time than the Anti-Monitor. Thus I believe he would be vaporized before he could destroy the 616. I mean it's not like the AM destroyed the DC Universe faster than light speed. It took time.

True. But if the IG really is omnipotent within the 616 universe, who could beat an IG user? Wouldn't they simply always win by default?

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By jwwprod

@uberhikari said:

@papinacho said:

True. But if the IG really is omnipotent within the 616 universe, who could beat an IG user? Wouldn't they simply always win by default?

If the Infinity Gauntlet was really omnipotent then Living Tribunal shouldn't have been able to take away it's powers like he did when Adam Warlock had it.

eternityx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The titan will win.

Mxyzptlk_CV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, Anti-Monitor wins.... the guy is Multiversal, whereas the IG is only universal and works only on the universe it's created on...

Spartan101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Spartan101

if in a universe where both are at full power then thanos wins.

uberhikari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jwwprod said:

@uberhikari said:

@papinacho said:

If the Infinity Gauntlet was really omnipotent then Living Tribunal shouldn't have been able to take away it's powers like he did when Adam Warlock had it.

But I thought LT was only able to take it away from Adam Warlock because Warlock chose to give it up? I don't remember clearly but I thought that's how it went.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos

Bronze_Surfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@mxyzptlk_cv: That was a retcon. Before it has worked outside the marvel multiverse and destroyed multiple universes

Bronze_Surfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@uberhikari: Well all they said on the matter was that it would destroy the multiversal realm of manifistations. However LT was able to make the gems not work in unison to me that show superiority.

uberhikari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uberhikari: Well all they said on the matter was that it would destroy the multiversal realm of manifistations. However LT was able to make the gems not work in unison to me that show superiority.

That makes sense. The IG is still multiversal, though, so I guess Thanos wins.

I honestly don't think the IG should be used in battles, though. If you need someone LT-level to take out an IG user then it's not even worth debating, lol.

pastepotpete1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thanos would win even if he was missing one or two gems from the guantlet

TheGirugamesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers