Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By Hyper_God

@laflux said:

@Hyper_God said:

Anyone who read the most recent Avengers Assemble would be a fool to say that Thanos wins or stalemates in this thread .

Zeus stomps , hard .

Why- I know Bendis made him Job in the final battle, but he wasn't actually defeated by the avengers, and they were like 20 of them, but he was only defeated when the Elders of the Universe came up. And earlier on Thanos destroyed an abstract with a blast which made the universe scream. Furthermore, I think its unfair to disregard all of Thanos' feats based on one bad showing.

Me and Bendis will have words though

They beat him in a sequential manner . Even Groot got a few good hits in . Wasn't defeated you say ? You're basing this off of Thanos' own defiant "Don't think you have defeated me . I am Thanos" proclamation , aren't you . He was left bloody and with a missing tooth , and he was beaten in such a humiliating manner that one of the Avengers(Hawkeye if I recall) told him that he was done when Thanos got all defiant and feisty .

Anyone who tries to actually spin that low showing is a butthurt quanchi .

@Killemall said:

@laflux said:

Why- I know Bendis made him Job in the final battle, but he wasn't actually defeated by the avengers, and they were like 20 of them, but he was only defeated when the Elders of the Universe came up. And earlier on Thanos destroyed an abstract with a blast which made the universe scream. Furthermore, I think its unfair to disregard all of Thanos' feats based on one bad showing.

Me and Bendis will have words though.

I think the point was not that Thanos jobbed but that he has actually been retconned and it wasnt one defeat, but most of his feat, in we see in on the light that we was retconned would make more sense.

1. Thanos used Hulk to fight Avengers, while Thanos before this was more than powerful enough to easily handle the avengers with absolutely no problem. We could however still chuck that under him using an easier method.

2. Thanos was clearly warped by the cosmic cube, not to mention a man-made cosmic cube, against his wishes, when Thanos every since Thanos Quest 02 has been virtually immune to molecule manipulation.

3. Not that Thanos was defeated by the fact that guys like Thor and silver surfer failed to hurt him in the earlier instance while Groot, a f@#$ing tree managed to hurt him.

4. To really drag it, Thanos needed cosmic cube to actually defeat the elder of the universe, that also only BFR them, when Thanos during his mini defeated Kosmos, a high level cosmic cube entity, who should be more powerful than the elders (expect In Betweener that is)

Also you are comparing Thanos's feat from Avengers Celestial Quest (2002) to show he is still powerful despite his apparent retcon in Avengers Assemble (2012).

Its just sad really, after Jim Starlin left Thanos power level went straight downhill, all to make him fit the movie version of up-coming avengers.

It is really sad tbh . First it was Thor , now it appears a similar fate awaits Thanos , especially when you consider that Bendis is going to be taking over the Cosmic department of Marvel when he begins writing GoTG .

Avengers Assemble is basically Marvel getting back at Starlin for his lawsuit . What better way to get back at Starlin than completely downgrading his star character ?

Hyper_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102  Edited By Hyper_God
Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#103  Edited By Killemall

@Hyper_God said:

@Killemall: If you don't know what I am talking about , here's a citation of the lawsuit that Starlin was(and probably still is) planning to pursue against Marvel :

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=63156

What's even funnier is that Starlin started this entire drama over a free theater ticket .

but a free movie ticket to avengers movie is awesome :p

Do you know why Starlin was fired to begin with? His stories have always impressed me, be it when he is writing Thanos or Darkseid.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#104  Edited By laflux

@Hyper_God: I have alot of but hurt of this- you can probably hear it in my posts

bornstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#105  Edited By bornstar
@PunkMastaFlex said:

Zeus.

asIsuspected

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By asIsuspected

@kcaz: I'm not shure we are talking about the same fight, bro))) What conclusions can we make after their fight? 1.Odin havent even considered Thanos as a thread not vise versa (mind Odin knew who titans were and considered himself above that level) I cant recall who exactly in that issue states that Thanos doesn have the power to face Odin, Beta Ray Bill if I'm not mistaken.

2. As they fought Thanos took Odin's attacks more heavily than Odin his ( SS and Thanos attacked him simultaneously he took it with his hands behind his back like it was nothing, Thanos tried to imprison Odin within a block of pure force - he effortlessly broke free, saying that this trick wont work on him like it did on Thor) this means that Thanos doesnt have the power to kill or even hurt Odin(mind Thor was able to hold his own against Thanos in their previous encounter, and Odin>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Thor)

3.Dont forget in the end of the fight it's not Thanos who asks, "Do you yield?"

P.S. Dont get me wrong I am not saying Odin's gonna trash him or smth., but ultimatly he is superior to Thanos. Oh, and by the way this has been done already http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles/7/odin-vs-thanos/623787/ I beileve there is more.

Hyper_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By Hyper_God

@Killemall said:

@Hyper_God said:

@Killemall: If you don't know what I am talking about , here's a citation of the lawsuit that Starlin was(and probably still is) planning to pursue against Marvel :

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=63156

What's even funnier is that Starlin started this entire drama over a free theater ticket .

but a free movie ticket to avengers movie is awesome :p

Do you know why Starlin was fired to begin with? His stories have always impressed me, be it when he is writing Thanos or Darkseid.

Starlin wasn't fired if I recall correctly . After writing the HoTU storyline , he went on to work for an indie publisher , and then returned to DC for some time . Apart from the recent news regarding his lawsuit against Marvel , I don't know his current status .

@laflux said:

@Hyper_God: I have alot of but hurt of this- you can probably hear it in my posts

You may be butthurt , but I doubt you're a quanchi . If you know what I mean .

kcaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By kcaz

@asIsuspected said:

@kcaz: I'm not shure we are talking about the same fight, bro))) What conclusions can we make after their fight? 1.Odin havent even considered Thanos as a thread not vise versa (mind Odin knew who titans were and considered himself above that level) I cant recall who exactly in that issue states that Thanos doesn have the power to face Odin, Beta Ray Bill if I'm not mistaken.

2. As they fought Thanos took Odin's attacks more heavily than Odin his ( SS and Thanos attacked him simultaneously he took it with his hands behind his back like it was nothing, Thanos tried to imprison Odin within a block of pure force - he effortlessly broke free, saying that this trick wont work on him like it did on Thor) this means that Thanos doesnt have the power to kill or even hurt Odin(mind Thor was able to hold his own against Thanos in their previous encounter, and Odin>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Thor)

3.Dont forget in the end of the fight it's not Thanos who asks, "Do you yield?"

P.S. Dont get me wrong I am not saying Odin's gonna trash him or smth., but ultimatly he is superior to Thanos. Oh, and by the way this has been done already http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles/7/odin-vs-thanos/623787/ I beileve there is more.

actually, that fight with odin was before thanos has his power boost when he was resurrected. before thanos's resurrection, he was slightly below skyfather level. after his resurrection, he should be at skyfather level. we all know that the battle between thanos & SS vs odin might as well be thanos vs odin, since SS is to weak do any damage. odin did said that thanos was taping into a dark and nearly limitless power source which was similar to his own divine power source. and after the fight, odin said:"it has been eons since i have fought such a foe. even in defeat, you are an adversary worth saluting, thanos of titan".

thor held his own against thanos because he had the powergem and warrior's madness powering him.

Freefa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By Freefa11

@Killemall: @Hyper_God: The Thanos ongoing series was actually his last work at Marvel. Apparently Starlin got blacklisted at Marvel due to editorial conficts (with Joe Quesada, I think). I read an interview with him some time ago where he said that in order to work for Marvel again, he would need to apologize to Joe, but he didn't know what he was supposed to apologize for, so it seemed like working for Marvel was just off the table.

Here's a recent interview with him I found (where he mentions being blacklisted in the first few minutes). Surprisingly, they bring up him needing to buy his own ticket, but there doesn't seem to be any anger or animosity on Starlin's part, and he seems very understanding of Marvel characters being corporate entities (not saying he approves, just that he obviously knows how the deal works).

http://comics.cosmicbooknews.com/content/jim-starlin-talks-thanos-infinity-gauntlet-marvel-dc-new-projects-215-ink-and-more-video

@kcaz said:

actually, that fight with odin was before thanos has his power boost when he was resurrected. before thanos's resurrection, he was slightly below skyfather level. after his resurrection, he should be at skyfather level.

The only reasons there would be for believing he is a skyfather level being is if he either performed skyfather level feats, which I don't recall him doing, or was stated as being such, which I also don't recall happening.

kcaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By kcaz

@Freefa11 said:

@Killemall: @Hyper_God: The Thanos ongoing series was actually his last work at Marvel. Apparently Starlin got blacklisted at Marvel due to editorial conficts (with Joe Quesada, I think). I read an interview with him some time ago where he said that in order to work for Marvel again, he would need to apologize to Joe, but he didn't know what he was supposed to apologize for, so it seemed like working for Marvel was just off the table.

Here's a recent interview with him I found (where he mentions being blacklisted in the first few minutes). Surprisingly, they bring up him needing to buy his own ticket, but there doesn't seem to be any anger or animosity on Starlin's part, and he seems very understanding of Marvel characters being corporate entities (not saying he approves, just that he obviously knows how the deal works).

http://comics.cosmicbooknews.com/content/jim-starlin-talks-thanos-infinity-gauntlet-marvel-dc-new-projects-215-ink-and-more-video

@kcaz said:

actually, that fight with odin was before thanos has his power boost when he was resurrected. before thanos's resurrection, he was slightly below skyfather level. after his resurrection, he should be at skyfather level.

The only reasons there would be for believing he is a skyfather level being is if he either performed skyfather level feats, which I don't recall him doing, or was stated as being such, which I also don't recall happening.

but odin did said that thanos was taping into a dark and nearly limitless power source which was similar to his own divine power source. and after their fight, odin said:"it has been eons since i have fought such a foe. even in defeat, you are an adversary worth saluting, thanos of titan". odin recognizes his strength,meaning thanos was near skyfather level at that time, but just slightly below. thanos's blast was powerful enough to release In-Betweener from his prison created by Master Order and Lord Chaos

asIsuspected

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By asIsuspected

@kcaz: I can agree with what you've stated above, except 1 thing: Thanos is not on the Skyfathers level and has never been. he might be near depends on a version or writer, to be precise.....

Hyper_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By Hyper_God

@Freefa11 said:

Thanos' blasts have sent a well-fed Galactus waltzing several hundred yards out of the latter's own ship . And then while attempting to break Thanos's shields , Galactus drained himself to the point that he needed to replenish his hunger afterwards .

Tbh honest , I can only see a being relatively close to a skyfather(whether a high level or low level one) being able to do that .

Amazingoctus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By Amazingoctus

I personally think it could go either way

Metalslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By Metalslash

ZEUS CURB-MURDER-SLAUGHTER STOMPS THANOS

LubeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By LubeMan

@jeanroygrant said:

-Akhenatens blast hit him with the blunt force and King Thor and Zeus survived it .(All the other Skyfathers there died, that is a reason i put Odin, Zeus, King Thor over other Pantheon Skyfathers).

Actually, iirc, they survived by escaping the blast cause Zeus saw it comming and opened a portal to escap, they didn't survive by tanking the hit, it would have killed them too, hence why they made a quick exit, that's the only reason they survived, cause Zeus saw it comming and was quick enough to make an exit while he pulled Thor through with him!

Bo88gdan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By Bo88gdan

Zeus Ftw but it would be amazing fight

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By jeanroygrant

@LubeMan said:

@jeanroygrant said:

-Akhenatens blast hit him with the blunt force and King Thor and Zeus survived it .(All the other Skyfathers there died, that is a reason i put Odin, Zeus, King Thor over other Pantheon Skyfathers).

Actually, iirc, they survived by escaping the blast cause Zeus saw it comming and opened a portal to escap, they didn't survive by tanking the hit, it would have killed them too, hence why they made a quick exit, that's the only reason they survived, cause Zeus saw it comming and was quick enough to make an exit while he pulled Thor through with him!

Yeah, your right. I check again,

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By BlessedbyHorus

Zues with ease...

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By laflux

@Hyper_God said:

@Freefa11 said:

Thanos' blasts have sent a well-fed Galactus waltzing several hundred yards out of the latter's own ship . And then while attempting to break Thanos's shields , Galactus drained himself to the point that he needed to replenish his hunger afterwards .

Tbh honest , I can only see a being relatively close to a skyfather(whether a high level or low level one) being able to do that .

Agreed. I have always seen Thanos as a Low-level Skyfather being rather than transcendent IMO.

ToO_RaW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By ToO_RaW

@Hyper_God said:

@Freefa11 said:

Well said.

I see this a little like Odin vs Thanos.

In that story Thanos didn't go there to fight Odin, but rather reason with him because of on an insane Thor. So technically Thanos fought insane Thor with the PG before fighting Odin (against his will).

This gives me reason to believe that Zeus would win after a harder and longer fight than Odin got.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By dondave

@King-Stranglehold da first: @ToO_RaW: has n't Thanos' power been upgraded since his fight with Odin,

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By BlessedbyHorus

@dondave said:

@King-Stranglehold da first: @ToO_RaW: has n't Thanos' power been upgraded since his fight with Odin,

I keep hearing people say that after Avengers Assembled Thanos has been made a joke. Some people believe he may have been retconned. But it was Bendis that wrote that and we know how Bendis is... -__-

Bendis said Thanos has not been retconned, but his showings in AA was just terrible. But Zeus still wins either way since he is skyfather level and is on par with Odin. IIRC they already had a fight and it ended in a stalemate.

ToO_RaW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By ToO_RaW

@dondave said:

Yes, but not significantly enough to beat Zeus I don't think. Unless someone can prove me wrong, by all means.

Zeus = Odin more or less correct?

ToO_RaW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By ToO_RaW

@King-Stranglehold da first said:

@dondave said:

I keep hearing people say that after Avengers Assembled Thanos has been made a joke. Some people believe he may have been retconned. But it was Bendis that wrote that and we know how Bendis is... -__-

Bendis said Thanos has not been retconned, but his showings in AA was just terrible. But Zeus still wins either way since he is skyfather level and is on par with Odin. IIRC they already had a fight and it ended in a stalemate.

How was his appearance in AA terrible? In context, it's perfectly fine and doesn't hurt the characters image at all. He was mind controlled by a man made cosmic cube, and then ganged up on by 30 people after Thor destroyed the cube. When Thor destroyed the cube you could CLEARLY see Thanos falling over as if the destruction of the cube had severely injured him. So basically, 30 people were kicking Thanos when he was already down. Plus all of the Elders of the universe were right there as well. He was obviously out matched and I think letting them capture him was part of his plan.

Maybe we will find out in April when Thanos Rising comes out.

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By BlessedbyHorus

@ToO_RaW said:

@King-Stranglehold da first said:

@dondave said:

How was his appearance in AA terrible? In context, it's perfectly fine and doesn't hurt the characters image at all. He was mind controlled by a man made cosmic cube, and then ganged up on by 30 people after Thor destroyed the cube. When Thoe destroyed the cube you could CLEARLY see Thanos falling over as if the destruction of the cube had severely injured him. Plus all of the Elders of the universe were right there as well. He was obviously out matched and I think letting them capture him was part of his plan.

We will find out in April when Thanos Rises comes out.

Hmmm...Okay.

But still Caps shield shouldn't have been able to hurt him. And also how did he leave the Cancerverse and how is Starfox alive? It seemed like Bendis ignored Thanos Imperative.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By dondave

@ToO_RaW:Thanos Rises is a prequel to his first appearances in the MU

ToO_RaW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By ToO_RaW

@dondave said:

@ToO_RaW:Thanos Rises is a prequel to his first appearances in the MU

I've heard it will also have current Thanos appearances as well.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By dondave

@ToO_RaW: Oh

ToO_RaW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By ToO_RaW

@dondave said:

I hope so at least. That's just a rumor I heard with no confirmed sources. I haven't really looked into it too much.

Epicbeast3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By Epicbeast3000

Zeus wins, he is equal to Odin as they already fought and stalemated. Zeus would just lock Thanos in hades and tell Pluto to eternally torture him. Heck Pluto or Neptune could go toe to toe with thanos. skyfathers like zeus,odin,dormammu and vishnu>>>mephisto, izanagi>>>>>low skyfathers like king thor,>>>Thanos.

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By BlessedbyHorus

@ToO_RaW said:

@dondave said:

I hope so at least. That's just a rumor I heard with no confirmed sources. I haven't really looked into it too much.

Its being written by Jason Aaron and the artist is going to be Simone Bianchi so it should be good.

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By New_World_Order

Zeus.

Avatar image for age_of_ultron_prime2000
age_of_ultron_Prime2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zeus

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By Killemall

@ToO_RaW said:

Zeus = Odin more or less correct?

Me, Hyper_God and Laflux where having a debate on this and we pretty much agreed while bio does put them at same level and they are generally addressed as equal , there really isnt a showing from Zeus that would solidify it, nor does he have feats to match Odin's. Furthermore, the equality might be because of their status, as the skyfather of their pantheon and pocket universe.

If you compare Thanos on panel showings vs Zeus's on panel showing, it because pretty close. But if you compare Thanos vs what Odin has done, it becomes very one sided.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2e798651249
deactivated-5b2e798651249

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Based on feats, I'll say Thanos.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c63f773eaecf
deactivated-5c63f773eaecf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zeus > Thanos in terms of physical potential

Thanos > Zeus if Zeus is casual and decides not to boost his natural physical strength

Thanos > Zeus's best Energy blast

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By pooty

@Epicbeast3000 said:

Zeus wins, he is equal to Odin as they already fought and stalemated. Zeus would just lock Thanos in hades and tell Pluto to eternally torture him. Heck Pluto or Neptune could go toe to toe with thanos. skyfathers like zeus,odin,dormammu and vishnu>>>mephisto, izanagi>>>>>low skyfathers like king thor,>>>Thanos.

The fight between Zeus and Odin was unseen. We don't know if it was one punch and they made peace or an all out war. Also I'm not sure the comic said it was a stalemate or if that is just an assumption. I know the war stopped and i think people assume it was a stalemate. Bios are good but they are not as important as on panel feats. What on-panel feats does Zeus have that put him above Thanos?

@ThunderGodsWrath said:

Zeus.

@age_of_ultron_Prime2000 said:

Zeus

What feats of Zeus make you pick him over Thanos?

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By ShootingNova

There was no fight between Odin and Zeus. There was an argument which lead to a brief trade-off of blows, but that was absolutely nothing and it wasn't even a battle.

Avatar image for fernando072295reborn
Fernando072295REBORN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zeus after a decent fight

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers