• 140 results
#1 Posted by CapitolPunishment (2303 posts) - - Show Bio

Incarnation of Thanos that fought Tyrant, incarnation of Zeus that fought the hulk. Round one: Pure H2H. Round two: Both going all out. Battle takes place in Allan Scott's emerald city on the moon. Who would win and why?

#2 Posted by RoyalDivinity (3172 posts) - - Show Bio

Zeus.

#3 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio

Zeus.

#4 Posted by Killemall (18635 posts) - - Show Bio

@PunkMastaFlex said:

Zeus.

Well one could always argue that Thanos has not been KOed when in full power and hence he will not be KOed as well. Besides being a Death’s avatar would mean Thanos can kill Zeus but Zeus cannot kill Thanos. That kind of gives Thanos an advantage.

However I do understand that in full power Zeus should be like 10,000 times as powerful as Thanos. Zeus might find a way.

@CapitolPunishment: How do we decide who won, death or knockeout? because if its Death Thanos wins by default. Thanos cannot die but Zeus, even as a skyfather can. KO? Never seen thanos been KOed but well he might, dont know.

#5 Posted by pooty (11377 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall: this is Pre- avatar of the death thanos. The one that fought Tyrant. So this one can be killed. And Zeus is just the god to do it. And Thanos was knocked out by the Maker(Beyonder) on some prison island in "Thanos Samaritan".

#6 Posted by MyronLee26 (1092 posts) - - Show Bio

@pooty said:

@Killemall: this is Pre- avatar of the death thanos. The one that fought Tyrant. So this one can be killed. And Zeus is just the god to do it. And Thanos was knocked out by the Maker(Beyonder) on some prison island in "Thanos Samaritan".

Dont forget Squirrel Girl too. LOL

#7 Posted by Killemall (18635 posts) - - Show Bio

@pooty said:

Oh pre-avatar.. man missed that.. so its a curbstomp :)

@MyronLee26 said:

@pooty said:

Dont forget Squirrel Girl too. LOL

Well despite the fact that they are writing Squirrel Girl properly these days, i am yet to see she lose man. She's still a beast. She did beat up Wolverine in a H2H recently (fear itself) lol.

#8 Edited by pooty (11377 posts) - - Show Bio

@MyronLee26: That was retconned to be a Thanos Clone also when originally a Watcher said it wasn't. But that was a clone also.

@Killemall: Thanos loses but i wouldn't say curbstomp

#9 Posted by CapitolPunishment (2303 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall: ko, death, surrender. Also I'm pretty sure Thanos' "Death upgrade" was given long before the battle with Tyrant. He didn't just receive that after annihilation.

#10 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio

Zeus wins. Since they aren't fighting in Olympus, he will do it easier than Odin did.

#11 Posted by the darknessss (2750 posts) - - Show Bio

zeus in h2h,thanos will give him a fight though.

#12 Posted by grimlock (1571 posts) - - Show Bio

i think the two have tangled before where Thanos was able to withstand Zeus' power blasts though he wasn't fighting back. If Thanos puts his mind to it he may beat Zeus IMO

#13 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38849 posts) - - Show Bio
Zeus.
#14 Edited by First_Last (403 posts) - - Show Bio

Odin (all Asgardians are actual warriors first and foremost unlike Olympians) would never even be dumb enough to fight Thanos in h2h combat only not to mention Zeus. Thanos' uncle Zuras has stalemated Zeus in non-handicapped bouts. Well Thanos surpassed him in power and strength before Thanos first appearance even via mysticism, meditation, bionics and battle exp (see Marvel Book of the Dead). Now by the time Thanos faced Tyrant he had also received 2 substantial upgrades as well. The first from one of the most powerfu entities in the MU. Death who it was stated greatly increased the titans might as well as granting him a new body. The 2nd from consuming his doppleganger who possessed even more raw power then himself. It was stated on panel that everything that was the clones was now Thanos'. This in turn at least doubled Thanos' attributes and power. Zeus has never been a h2h fighter (no need at his station). Unlike Thanos who mastered many fighting and death techniques during his exile from Titan before returning to wreak havoc upon it. Thanos has even augmented and trained one of the best h2h fighters in the entire MU Gamora.

In closing Zeus should get owned.

#15 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@First_Last said:

Odin (all Asgardians are actual warriors first and foremost unlike Olympians) would never even be dumb enough to fight Thanos in h2h combat only not to mention Zeus. Thanos' uncle Zuras has stalemated Zeus in non-handicapped bouts. Well Thanos surpassed him in power and strength before Thanos first appearance even via mysticism, meditation, bionics and battle exp (see Marvel Book of the Dead). Now by the time Thanos faced Tyrant he had also received 2 substantial upgrades as well. The first from one of the most powerfu entities in the MU. Death who it was stated greatly increased the titans might as well as granting him a new body. The 2nd from consuming his doppleganger who possessed even more raw power then himself. It was stated on panel that everything that was the clones was now Thanos'. This in turn at least doubled Thanos' attributes and power. Zeus has never been a h2h fighter (no need at his station). Unlike Thanos who mastered many fighting and death techniques during his exile from Titan before returning to wreak havoc upon it. Thanos has even augmented and trained one of the best h2h fighters in the entire MU Gamora.

.............Hell to the NO!!!!!!!!

#16 Posted by First_Last (403 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanroygrant: Oh thanks for clearing that up for me with such a well thought out fact supported case lol.

In closing Oh HELL YEAH!!!!!

#17 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@First_Last said:

@jeanroygrant: Oh thanks for clearing that up for me with such a well thought out fact supported case lol.

@First_Last

said:

Lol but Odin is top notch of skyfathers. He is equal to Odin or a little weaker.

high Skyfather>>>Mid Skyfather>>>Skyfather>>>Thanos

He would have trouble with much weaker skyfathers but someone on Zeus's level.....that's a simple no

#18 Posted by MarvelRulesTheWorld (332 posts) - - Show Bio

@First_Last said:

Thanos can hold his own against Galactus, but people tend to forget that. That said, they will just Zeus wins because it's their opinion that he does.

#19 Posted by First_Last (403 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanroygrant said:

@First_Last said:

@First_Last

said:

Lol but Odin is top notch of skyfathers. He is equal to Odin or a little weaker.

high Skyfather>>>Mid Skyfather>>>Skyfather>>>Thanos

He would have trouble with much weaker skyfathers but someone on Zeus's level.....that's a simple no

Awesome. Only there is a major flaw with all of that... it's all speculation derived from your clearly uninformed opinion (sorry no offense). I come with on panel facts while you come with speculation based on opinion. Read more Zeus and Thanos appearances and educate yourself on the characters you wish to debate (just some solid advise).

#20 Posted by Illuminatus (9510 posts) - - Show Bio
@First_Last: I like how you stated that Zeus has never been a H2H fighter when he made a mockery of Hulk with his fists. 
#21 Posted by First_Last (403 posts) - - Show Bio

@MarvelRulesTheWorld said:

@First_Last said:

Thanos can hold his own against Galactus, but people tend to forget that. That said, they will just Zeus wins because it's their opinion that he does.

That depends on the hunger level of Galactus and resources/time available. In most random encounters Galactus should own Big T.

#22 Posted by Illuminatus (9510 posts) - - Show Bio
@First_Last said:

Odin (all Asgardians are actual warriors first and foremost unlike Olympians) would never even be dumb enough to fight Thanos in h2h combat only not to mention Zeus. 

Subjective opinions are not always unequivocal fact. You mean to tell me that Odin would never be dumb enough to fight Thanos in H2H, despite the fact that, too my knowledge, Odin has never even spoken of Thanos in any regard that is remotely similar to what you're implying? Okay, that's cool. 

Zeus has never been a h2h fighter (no need at his station). 

Yeah, that's why he nearly beat Hulk too death with his fists and admittedly held back because he wanted too cause Hulk severe pain.  

Unlike Thanos who mastered many fighting and death techniques during his exile from Titan before returning to wreak havoc upon it. Thanos has even augmented and trained one of the best h2h fighters in the entire MU Gamora.

I've never actually seen Gamora do anything of notable value. Most of her "feats" are hyperbole or off-panel. When was the last time Thanos actually brawled with someone on Zeus's level of power anyway?
#23 Posted by First_Last (403 posts) - - Show Bio

@Illuminatus said:

@First_Last: I like how you stated that Zeus has never been a H2H fighter when he made a mockery of Hulk with his fists.

Your point? You think one fight changes his history? Since when has being able to land hits on Hulk been any sort of feat? Not to mention a feat that makes you above an elite h2h fighter? Hell since when has Hulk even been considered elite in h2h lol. Yes I am aware you didn't say those but your post implies so.

#24 Posted by Illuminatus (9510 posts) - - Show Bio
@First_Last said:

Your point? You think one fight changes his history? Since when has being able to land hits on Hulk been any sort of feat? Not to mention a feat that makes you above an elite h2h fighter? Hell since when has Hulk even been considered elite in h2h lol. Yes I am aware you didn't say those but your post implies so.

First of all, I never implied any of that. I was simply pointing out the flaws in your logic by addressing the fact that Zeus does indeed engage in hand-to-hand combat.  

Secondly, I realized some time ago that Hulk is not an exceptional fighter by any means. However, skill does not account for much when you are engaging in hand-to-hand combat with a high-level Skyfather who was recently "reborn" not too long ago. 
#25 Posted by RiseofApocalypse (3991 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos wins.

#26 Posted by Illuminatus (9510 posts) - - Show Bio

Also, let's not forget that, as a Sky-Father of an Earth pantheon, Zeus powers Olympus, as well as all the gods and creatures within it. Round 2 will be an easy win for Zeus, seeing as I've never seen Thanos re-create a pocket dimension or power multiple beings that are far above humans.

#27 Posted by termiteone4ever (7701 posts) - - Show Bio

The Z man for sure

#28 Posted by MarvelRulesTheWorld (332 posts) - - Show Bio

@Illuminatus said:

Well, he didn't really fight Hulk, right? He just amplified his physical self with magic to smash Hulk with a few blows. Also, the Hulk he made a fool of wasn't even the most dangerous Hulk. He didn't even grant Hulk the time to power up or heal. If that were Mindless Hulk Zeus fought, Zeus would have kept amplifying his body with magics just to keep up with the continuously raising powers.

#29 Posted by Illuminatus (9510 posts) - - Show Bio
@MarvelRulesTheWorld said:

@Illuminatus said:

Well, he didn't really fight Hulk, right? He just amplified his physical self with magic to smash Hulk with a few blows. Also, the Hulk he made a fool of wasn't even the most dangerous Hulk. He didn't even grant Hulk the time to power up or heal. If that were Mindless Hulk Zeus fought, Zeus would have kept amplifying his body with magics just to keep up with the continuously raising powers.

Um, yes he really fought the Hulk. Unless this was some alcohol-induced dream of mine, I specifically remember seeing the scans on Hulk getting thrashed around while Zeus quipped him repeatedly, with a giant grin on his face.  

So, really, what's stopping Zeus from, "amplifying his strength" in this battle? 
#30 Edited by First_Last (403 posts) - - Show Bio

@Illuminatus said:

@First_Last said:

First of all, I never implied any of that. I was simply pointing out the flaws in your logic by addressing the fact that Zeus does indeed engage in hand-to-hand combat. Secondly, I realized some time ago that Hulk is not an exceptional fighter by any means. However, skill does not account for much when you are engaging in hand-to-hand combat with a high-level Skyfather who was recently "reborn" not too long ago.

I never said he never engaged in h2h fighting. I said he isn't a h2h fighter meaning that's not where his primary/best and most known/used talents are. In the majority of his appearances he is using his powers i.e. his lightning. Unlike say someone like Gamora who is known primarily for h2h. Outside of his fight with Hulk the next closest primarily h2h fight (that I can recall) would be him vs Thor. Though he used other powers in that bout as well just not as often or potently as in other scenarios. He and Thor fought for weeks or months (can't recall exactly) as well. Thanos has handled Thor with ease on more then one occasion. Heck B+T power gem Thor couldn't even put Thanos down for the count (granted given more time to amp he would have). Skill, intelligence, durability ect ect all play a huge part when facing someone like Thanos. Who was reborn even more recently then Zeus (I don't see the relevance though?) not mention made immune/rejected to Death.

#31 Posted by royale_with_cheese (747 posts) - - Show Bio

Zeus wins. In my mind, Thanos is around the same power level as Mephisto, who is below both Zeus and Odin. Either way, Emerald City loses.

#32 Edited by Illuminatus (9510 posts) - - Show Bio
@First_Last said:

I never said he never engaged in h2h fighting. 

Here's the thing: I never stated anything to the contrary.  

I said he isn't a h2h fighter meaning that's not where his primary/best and most known/used talents are. 

That's a given. Sky-Fathers often resort to simply deconstructing their opponents through the means of powerful magic. The Hulk/Zeus encounter proves that Zeus is fully capable of simply beating a 100+ton-strength character within an inch of his life while holding back the entire time. 

Unlike say someone like Gamora who is known primarily for h2h. 

Okay. What has Gamora ever done besides receive training from Thanos at some point in time? 

Outside of his fight with Hulk the next closest primarily h2h fight (that I can recall) would be him vs Thor. Though he used other powers in that bout as well just not as often or potently as in other scenarios. He and Thor fought for weeks or months (can't recall exactly) as well. 

Poor writing. Zeus is so far above Thor it's not even funny.  Also, was Zeus even really trying? 

Heck B+T power gem Thor couldn't even put Thanos down for the count (granted given more time to amp he would have).

As one of the Tron_Bonne accounts aptly stated above, Zeus is capable of just amping his strength through magic. Can Thanos? 

Skill, intelligence, durability ect ect all play a huge part when facing someone like Thanos.

Zeus has shown plenty of skill and durability throughout his years as a Sky-Father. Intelligence isn't necessary when concerning a Sky-Father, seeing as they perceive reality itself much differently than humans could most likely ever understand. 

Who was reborn even more recently then Zeus (I don't see the relevance though?) not mention made immune/rejected to Death.

Pretty sure the rebirth of Zeus granted him more power, however I could be wrong. I'll have to check on that piece of information. 
#33 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@Illuminatus said: Don't listen to him, 90% the people on this thread said zeus wins.

Zeus has no feats, he doesn't know what he is saying...

-Zeus beat Hulk

- Transformed Ares into a troll like creature

- Erased Namor's memory

- Defeated his brother Pluto

- Gives a portion of power to ressurect Odin

- Basically playing with Thor, which Thor was going all out in (Even catches Mjlonir)

- Beat down Thor and than Hercules

-Akhenatens blast hit him with the blunt force and King Thor and Zeus survived it .(All the other Skyfathers there died, that is a reason i put Odin, Zeus, King Thor over other Pantheon Skyfathers).

-This is only some

-Curbstomping Classic Avengers

-Zeus beating Eternals easily and Zuras

#34 Posted by Illuminatus (9510 posts) - - Show Bio
@jeanroygrant: Jeanroy with the scans! Nice job. I didn't know about his battle with the Eternals.
#35 Posted by Kinasin_ (1212 posts) - - Show Bio

Zeus.

#36 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@Illuminatus said:

@jeanroygrant: Jeanroy with the scans! Nice job. I didn't know about his battle with the Eternals.

Thanks and yup.

#37 Posted by Hacker_the_Slacker (108 posts) - - Show Bio

Zeus must be stronger than Odin if he can beat Thanos.

#38 Edited by First_Last (403 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanroygrant said:

@Illuminatus said: Don't listen to him, 90% the people on this thread said zeus wins.

-Zeus beat Hulk

- Erased Namor's memory

- Basically playing with Thor, which Thor was going all out in (Even catches Mjlonir)

-Akhenatens blast hit him with the blunt force and King Thor and Zeus survived it .(All the other Skyfathers there died, that is a reason i put Odin, Zeus, King Thor over other Pantheon Skyfathers).

-This is only some

So then 90% are probably misinformed whats your point?

Who said he has no feats, apparently you don't know what me or the OP are saying (even though you only have to read it?) this is supposed to be h2h but whatever I'll play along lol.

Beating Hulk is not a feat for someone as powerful as Zeus. The fact you count it as one shows your lack of understanding of theses characters.

Troll huh (lol). Big deal Thanos has transmuted a Skrull to Stone.

Erased memory...cute. Thanos gave the Maker a lobotomy and made The Fallen One his Herald.

Who doesn't beat Pluto lol. Thanos has defeated and humbled Galactus himself.

An older and weaker version of Thanos has stalemated Odin lol. He has killed and brought Surfer back to life with his power.

Thanos has whupped up on Thor with ease plenty of times except he handles Thor much faster then Zeus ever has.

Thanos has manhandled Thor, Herc , Hulk and Thing at the same time, why wait lol.

Who defeated Akhenaten again... oh yeah it was THANOS!

Those are not enough lol.

Stomping Avengers is a former recreational past time for Big T so big deal.

Thx for showing Zeus stalemating Thanos' uncle Zuras. Someone Thanos surpassed in strength and power before Thanos first appearance even lol.

Yeah Thanos wins.

Why do I have to keep waiting to post? I would respond to all of you guys addressing me but I have to wait sorry.

#39 Posted by Grand Ninja (2330 posts) - - Show Bio

Zeus is no match for the Tyrant Thanos fought. Thanos wins this.

@First_Last: The guy you're arguing with probably doesn't know that Zeus is not a match for Galactus. Tyrant can beat Galactus. Zeus can't.

#40 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@First_Last said:

@jeanroygrant said:

-Zeus beat Hulk

- Erased Namor's memory

-This is only some

Who said he has no feats, apparently you don't know what me or the OP are saying (even though you only have to read it?) this is supposed to be h2h but whatever I'll play along lol.

Beating Hulk is not a feat for someone as powerful as Zeus. The fact you count it as one shows your lack of understanding of theses characters.

Erased memory...cute. Thanos gave the Maker a lobotomy and made The Fallen One his Herald.

An older and weaker version of Thanos has stalemated Odin lol. He has killed and brought Surfer back to life with his power.

Thanos has whupped up on Thor with ease plenty of times except he handles Thor much faster then Zeus ever has.

Thanos has manhandled Thor, Herc , Hulk and Thing at the same time, why wait lol.

Thx for showing Zeus stalemating Thanos' uncle Zuras. Someone Thanos surpassed in strength and power before Thanos first appearance even lol.

Yeah Thanos wins.

Odin=Zeus and Odin was holding back when he fought Thanos.

Zeus would kill the Annihaltors, Justice League and Avengers at the same time!

Thanos has beaten a weakend Galactus.

Zeus could transmute skrulls too...what's your point.

Zeus was holding back on Thor.

#41 Posted by First_Last (403 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanroygrant said:

@First_Last said:

@jeanroygrant said:

-Zeus beat Hulk

- Erased Namor's memory

-This is only some

Yeah Thanos wins.

Prove it esp in regards to h2h. Once again prove it. Odin stated his intention to put Thanos down. Odin admitted to being shocked when he couldn't. Odin compared their power levels and and referred to them both as near limitless. Odin called upon his enchanted uru spear Gungnir, which enhances his mystic blasts, and still couldn't even draw blood let alone put him down for the count. Thanos even marched thru and grabbed hold of it while he was firing with it. Yeah.. he was totally holding back though man lol.

Yeah okay lol.

When Thanos beat him he was well nourished as stated in the book (try actually reading them before debating them).

Thanos can wipe minds too. The point was transmutation is a cooler feat then your example...duh lol.

Again prove it. You have probaby never read any of the books your arguing about huh?

#42 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@First_Last said:

@jeanroygrant said:

@First_Last said:

@jeanroygrant said:

-Zeus beat Hulk

- Erased Namor's memory

-This is only some

Yeah Thanos wins.

Prove it esp in regards to h2h. Once again prove it. Odin stated his intention to put Thanos down. Odin admitted to being shocked when he couldn't. Odin compared their power levels and and referred to them both as near limitless. Odin called upon his enchanted uru spear Gungnir, which enhances his mystic blasts, and still couldn't even draw blood let alone put him down for the count. Thanos even marched thru and grabbed hold of it while he was firing with it. Yeah.. he was totally holding back though man lol.

Yeah okay lol.

When Thanos beat him he was well nourished as stated in the book (try actually reading them before debating them).

Thanos can wipe minds too. The point was transmutation is a cooler feat then your example...duh lol.

Again prove it. You have probaby never read any of the books your arguing about huh?

I love how you say Thanos would beat Odin after he is getting harmed by people like Thor and Silver Surfer....

Odin>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Silver Surfer and Thor

Thor and Silver Surfer can't even hurt Odin and Odin 1 shot Silver Surfer...

Thor vs Odin Fear Itself (I'm also pretty sure Odin was holding back sooo much power)

Odin bust galaxy

Odin vs Set (Power that ripples shockwaves on all planes of reality)

Tanking Thanos And Silver Surfer like a BOSS!!!

1 Shot Drax The Destroyer

Odin while weak 1 shots Annihilus

Removes Thor's mouth (LOL this one is just funny)

#43 Edited by First_Last (403 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm seriously just getting bored now with you never responding to the points made. Instead you keep making up points to respond to though they were never even stated?

Show me Thor or Hulk actually hurting Thanos. Don't post some hits they got on him show me them hurting him like you claim. Show me where I said that about Odin. Oh you can't cause I didn't. Though I might...guess you may never know lol.

FYI look closer at that scan of Odin blasting Thanos. Thanos wasn't even concerned enough to block it let alone raise his shields lol.

If you honestly think posting a bunch of irrelevant scans (not even depicting the fights well) about Odin proves Zeus beats Thanos... you have bigger issues even then your reading comprehension.

#44 Posted by MarvelRulesTheWorld (332 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos wins because of the Tyrant Saga.

#45 Posted by Freefa11 (2418 posts) - - Show Bio

@First_Last said:

When did Thanos defeat a well-fed Galactus?

#46 Posted by Illuminatus (9510 posts) - - Show Bio
@Freefa11 said:

@First_Last said:

The only time I've ever seen Thanos even land a hit on Galactus involved a weakened Galactus and a Thanos with the element of surprise on his side. The characters have encountered other times prior to that and I believe after it as well, and Thanos has always been frightened of Galactus and even pleaded for mercy from the devourer on one occasion.
#47 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@First_Last said:

I'm seriously just getting bored now with you never responding to the points made. Instead you keep making up points to respond to though they were never even stated?

Show me Thor or Hulk actually hurting Thanos. Don't post some hits they got on him show me them hurting him like you claim. Show me where I said that about Odin. Oh you can't cause I didn't. Though I might...guess you may never know lol.

FYI look closer at that scan of Odin blasting Thanos. Thanos wasn't even concerned enough to block it let alone raise his shields lol.

If you honestly think posting a bunch of irrelevant scans (not even depicting the fights well) about Odin proves Zeus beats Thanos... you have bigger issues even then your reading comprehension.

I do read comics and your the one who can't even shows scans to the stuff you say when i have been doing it since the get go.

Please Skyfathers>>>>Thanos, I'm pretty sure someone like King Thor would beat Thanos and Odin and Zeus>>>King Thor.

#48 Posted by First_Last (403 posts) - - Show Bio

@Freefa11 said:

@First_Last said:

In his self titled mini.

#49 Posted by Freefa11 (2418 posts) - - Show Bio

@First_Last: Um, your scans are a little out of context and are actually 3 separate events. In the first, Galactus repelled Thanos' mental invasion. In the second, Galactus was physically moved but not particularly hurt, and two pages later he had Thanos begging for mercy. In the last, Galactus was caught with the Hunger between two colliding planets (plus a "sizeable" nuclear armament). He wasn't actually attacked by Thanos (and really, he should have been able to get out of the way; I presume he was too distracted by his actual enemy Hunger at the time).

So we have 1 mental battle, which Thanos lost; 1 physical battle, which Thanos lost; and 1 event that wasn't even a fight between them.

If anything, that mini made it pretty clear Thanos has next to no chance against Galactus in an actual battle. And that was written by Jim Starlin, the guy who made Thanos God like 3 times. If even he has Thanos lose to big G, then I think it's pretty clear Thanos just isn't meant to operate at that level.

#50 Edited by MarvelRulesTheWorld (332 posts) - - Show Bio

@Freefa11 said:

@First_Last said:

He didn't defeat Galactus, but he did prove his worth against galactus much better than that of Odin or Zeus put together. Need I mention that the time when Thanos fought with Galactus was that of the regular Thanos. Odin or Zeus has never humiliated Galactus in the same matter as Thanos. But let's not stray off topic considering the upgraded Thanos that fought Tyrant.

Let's look at the blast Odin used against Thanos with the intent to destroy Thanos.

Notice how Thanos is standing there tanking the hit at a stationary position. Since Odin's blast didn't work, he pulled out Gungnir to show how serious he was.

• Odin's intent was to destroy Thanos
  • Thanos intent was to inform Odin of Thor

Therefore, Thanos was not trying to beat Odin; he just wanted him to listen to what he has to say.

Now let's take a look at Galactus vs Thanos

Thanos blastig galactus

Galactus after the blast

Did Thanos win? No. But look what he accomplished compared to Odin or Zeus.

No let's compare Tyrants Raw power against Odin's

Remember Odin's intent to kill Thanos?

Thanos is taking the bast without effort in 1st scan, but when Odin pulls out his weapons, Thanos seems to struggle briefly but nonetheless continues to march forward. NOTE THAT THANOS' CLOTHES ARE STILL IN TACT.

Tyrant vs Galactus

Galactus won, but not without suffering drastic power lost (it was a very well feed galactus) and many galaxies were destroy during this fight. Let's take the same blast from this battle and apply it to the one were Thanos confronts Tyrant. http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix2/tyrantgalactus.htm

Thanos vs Tryant

Clearly Tryant's blast are far stronger than Odin's blast to intentionally destroy Thanos. 

It's clear that the Zeus who fought a depowered Hulk isn't winning this battle against the Thanos that fought with Tyrant. And for the record, posting the battle with Odin and Galactus is moot because if one has read it, you would be the 1st to know that after Odin headbutted Galactus, galctus quickly regenerated and flew back up. Odin on the other hand was left unconscious..... Just with a mere head butt which HE initiated.