Thanos vs Zeus

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By King_Saturn
Can Thanos defeat Zeus of the Marvel Universe in an all out battle ?  Random Encounter...

caption
caption

caption
caption

Avatar image for the_morningstar
The Morningstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By The Morningstar

I am going to say no, and it hurts my heart to go against Thanos. He may be godlike but Zeus's is a god.

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By the creator

Zeus should win this.
His energy powers are almost on par with those of Odin by most accounts and as this is a random encounter this should paly to Zeus's favour.
Additionally, zeus does have the ability of 'foresight' in that he can see random snippits of the future. He may have some advance knowledge of the fight if it was to be a significant battle and thus he might be at least partially prepared for it.

LordCosmicKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By LordCosmicKing

if odins a$$  whoopin was any intecation i say thanos goes down to zues...

.Vegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By .Vegeta
the creator said:
"Zeus should win this.
His energy powers are almost on par with those of Odin by most accounts and as this is a random encounter this should paly to Zeus's favour.
Additionally, zeus does have the ability of 'foresight' in that he can see random snippits of the future. He may have some advance knowledge of the fight if it was to be a significant battle and thus he might be at least partially prepared for it."

gasp! the creator is here!
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By AtPhantom
the creator said:
"Zeus should win this.
Additionally, zeus does have the ability of 'foresight' in that he can see random snippits of the future. He may have some advance knowledge of the fight if it was to be a significant battle and thus he might be at least partially prepared for it."
Welcome back creator.

And Zeus wins. He should be on par with Odin, and we all know what happened between Thanos and Odin.
the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By the creator
.Vegeta said:
"gasp! the creator is here!"

AtPhantom said:
Welcome back creator.

Yep.
I'm back.
.Vegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By .Vegeta

Yay time to push out some decent battles.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By King_Saturn
Oh Wow... its The Creator  !  Havent seen you in a while... Welcome Back
the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By the creator
.Vegeta said:
"Yay time to push out some decent battles."
I'll try my best

King Saturn said:
"Oh Wow... its The Creator  !  Havent seen you in a while... Welcome Back
"
Thanks.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By King_Saturn
I thought Odin was more powerful than Zeus in the Marvel Universe ?
Rei-Kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Rei-Kai

Zeus is lower on the totem pole than Odin. Zuras and Zeus are similar in power, and Thanos is above Zuras.The Morningstar said:

"I am going to say no, and it hurts my heart to go against Thanos. He may be godlike but Zeus's is a god."
Actually Thanos' godhood is acknowledged. And the Eternals have been treated/worshiped as Gods for millenia. Plus, being a 'god' is merely a title. It doesn't prevent you from having your ass kicked or being killed. Thor is a god and Thanos punks him (pre-Odinforce).
the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By the creator
King Saturn said:
"I thought Odin was more powerful than Zeus in the Marvel Universe ?
"
Although Odin was apparenetly considered the most powerful active god of Earth mythology, it appears that from the variuos encounters and what has been written about Zeus that his personal power was a close match for Odin's.
Zeus too was also benefiting from his Olympian endurance (tireless), healing factor and he was physically stronger than Odin (without enhancement).
Rei-Kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Rei-Kai

Thanos also has a healing factor, and always did. Because of his cosmic energy, no amount of physical exertion will tire him. The problem with Zeus is that he rarely makes an appearance in Marvel.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By King_Saturn
the creator said:
"King Saturn said:
"I thought Odin was more powerful than Zeus in the Marvel Universe ?
"
Although Odin was apparenetly considered the most powerful active god of Earth mythology, it appears that from the variuos encounters and what has been written about Zeus that his personal power was a close match for Odin's.
Zeus too was also benefiting from his Olympian endurance (tireless), healing factor and he was physically stronger than Odin (without enhancement)."
Ah I See
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By AtPhantom
Rei-Kai said:
"Zeus is lower on the totem pole than Odin. Zuras and Zeus are similar in power, and Thanos is above Zuras.The Morningstar said:
"I am going to say no, and it hurts my heart to go against Thanos. He may be godlike but Zeus's is a god."
Actually Thanos' godhood is acknowledged. And the Eternals have been treated/worshiped as Gods for millenia. Plus, being a 'god' is merely a title. It doesn't prevent you from having your ass kicked or being killed. Thor is a god and Thanos punks him (pre-Odinforce)."
As I said before, Being worshiped as a god, and BEING a god is not the same. Actual gods descend from Demiurge, the primordial manifestation of Earth's biosphere,  and Gaea, one of the elder goddesses. The eternals were made by the celestials, and lthough powerful, have no claim to real godhood.

Now, Zeus is a Skyfather, which means he has access to a wast energy reservoir, known as Odin Force for Odin, and, well... Zeus force, for the lack of a better term, for Zeus.

This means they are far beyond regular gods, such as classic Thor, in power. It also means Zeus would whoop Thanos' a$$.
Rei-Kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Rei-Kai
AtPhantom said:
 As I said before, Being worshiped as a god, and BEING a god is not the same. Actual gods descend from Demiurge, the primordial manifestation of Earth's biosphere,  and Gaea, one of the elder goddesses. The eternals were made by the celestials, and lthough powerful, have no claim to real godhood.

Now, Zeus is a Skyfather, which means he has access to a wast energy reservoir, known as Odin Force for Odin, and, well... Zeus force, for the lack of a better term, for Zeus.

This means they are far beyond regular gods, such as classic Thor, in power. It also means Zeus would whoop Thanos' a$$."
Thanos' godhood is acknowledged by Eternity himself. Also, it's already been shown and proven that Thanos is at least a Skyfather level being. Saying that Zeus beats Thanos just because he's a skyfather doesn't in itself prove anything. Zuras, head of the Eternals, if often mistaken for Zeus, and not just because of their similarity in name, but power as well. And Thanos is still stated to be even more powerful than Zuras. Also, Odin himself stated during his scuffle with Thanos that the Mad Titan was drawing upon a reserve of dark power just as boundless as what he has access too.

On top of that, Thanos has only gotten tougher since that encounter.
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By AtPhantom
Rei-Kai said:
"Thanos' godhood is acknowledged by Eternity himself.
."
Not that I heard of, if you could post scans that would be great.

Rei-Kai said:
"Also, it's already been shown and proven that Thanos is at least a Skyfather level being. Saying that Zeus beats Thanos just because he's a skyfather doesn't in itself prove anything. Zuras, head of the Eternals, if often mistaken for Zeus, and not just because of their similarity in name, but power as well. "
Again, not that I heard of. It could be that I'm not informed, but I would really like to see scans.

Rei-Kai said:
" Also, Odin himself stated during his scuffle with Thanos that the Mad Titan was drawing upon a reserve of dark power just as boundless as what he has access too.."
Odin also beat the snot out of him.

Rei-Kai said:
"On top of that, Thanos has only gotten tougher since that encounter."

Debatable. I personally have seen no discernible upgrade between his fight with Odin and his death in annihilation.
Rei-Kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Rei-Kai

Odin still had a tough time trying to put Thanos down, and that was without using shields. It was obvious that Odin would eventually put him down, but by no means was it easy.

geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#20  Edited By geraldthesloth

zeus smacks him down

ecsnclr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ecsnclr

zeus wins no to say it wouldnt be a good fight thanos is more god like than cosmic anywey

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#22  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Thanos.OVERKILL.

ecsnclr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ecsnclr
Vance Astro said:
"Thanos.OVERKILL."

ZEUS OVERKILL
Rei-Kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Rei-Kai
Vance Astro said:
"Thanos.OVERKILL."
I think you posted in the wrong match.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
ecsnclr said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Thanos.OVERKILL."

ZEUS OVERKILL"
You don't know anything about Zues.Log Off.
ecsnclr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By ecsnclr
Vance Astro said:
"ecsnclr said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Thanos.OVERKILL."

ZEUS OVERKILL"
You don't know anything about Zues.Log Off."
OH DEAR IT LOOKS LIKE IM GETTIN ON YOUR NERVES
Rei-Kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Rei-Kai

Knock it off before I show Thanos and Warlock in swim trunks.

ecsnclr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By ecsnclr
Rei-Kai said:
"Knock it off before I show Thanos and Warlock in swim trunks."
LOL ok pal you win
Perfect Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Perfect Cell
AtPhantom said:
"the creator said:
"Zeus should win this.
Welcome back creator.

And Zeus wins. He should be on par with Odin, and we all know what happened between Thanos and Odin."

As the Creator, I am as well...

And I say Thanos takes this. Odin and Zeus are both in par to one another; However, Thanos was not truely defeated by Odin. He didn't even want to fight Odin, but played with him alittle due to Odin's temper.

Perfect Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Perfect Cell
Rei-Kai said:
"Zeus is lower on the totem pole than Odin. Zuras and Zeus are similar in power, and Thanos is above Zuras.The Morningstar said:
Actually Thanos' godhood is acknowledged. And the Eternals have been treated/worshiped as Gods for millenia. Plus, being a 'god' is merely a title. It doesn't prevent you from having your ass kicked or being killed. Thor is a god and Thanos punks him (pre-Odinforce)."
No, Thor is a god and he's been punked around by less.
Rei-Kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Rei-Kai

Zeus is a touch below Odin and Thanos was not that far behind when he fought with him. Thanos has grown tougher, as I said. Managing to blow Galactus through his own ship and onto his ass, knocking his helmet off in the process. Didn't seem to really hurt the Big G, but it was impressive nonetheless. I've yet to see anyone else accomplish such before on their own.

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By AtPhantom
Rei-Kai said:
"Zeus is a touch below Odin and Thanos was not that far behind when he fought with him. Thanos has grown tougher, as I said. Managing to blow Galactus through his own ship and onto his ass, knocking his helmet off in the process. Didn't seem to really hurt the Big G, but it was impressive nonetheless. I've yet to see anyone else accomplish such before on their own."
Like you said, Other than knocking his helmet off (and revealing his baldness, which I believe should never have happened) and majorly pissing him off, it did nothing to actually hurt Galactus. That was blown through his ship is simply a matter of his unprepareness and the ratio of his mass against the force of the blow.

Cool, yes. A feat, yes. A massive feat, not so much.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By King_Saturn
Galactus is Bald ?

LOL jk jk
Rei-Kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Rei-Kai

But Galactus then did admit having to exert himself just to pierce Thanos' shield. Which is impressive, seeing as it was only one.

Perfect Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Perfect Cell
AtPhantom said:
"Rei-Kai said:

This means they are far beyond regular gods, such as classic Thor, in power. It also means Zeus would whoop Thanos' a$$."

Zeus Force as to Odin Force. Odin Force as to Thanos Force.

It it were Odin or Zeus fighting the entire multiverse of Marvel; They will loose alot faster than Thanos. If it were both of them fighting off and out smarting the Elders of the Universe; they would probably to most likely not have gotten a chance to collect all of the Infinity gems. The fight with Odin is not much of a feature, but a plot to have Odin be aware of Thor. If you claim Zeus or Odin can whoop Thanos that easily; Then how does Thanos take the God Blast inches away from Odin's hand? If fact; Thanos was so powerful, Odin clearly underestimated him and took up arms in mention of Gungnir (his enchanted spear) which amplifies his attacking power. If anything less of words; that battle was hardly a curbstomp.
Perfect Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Perfect Cell
AtPhantom said:
"Rei-Kai said:
"Zeus is a touch below Odin and Thanos was not that far behind when he fought with him. Thanos has grown tougher, as I said. Managing to blow Galactus through his own ship and onto his ass, knocking his helmet off in the process. Didn't seem to really hurt the Big G, but it was impressive nonetheless. I've yet to see anyone else accomplish such before on their own."
Like you said, Other than knocking his helmet off (and revealing his baldness, which I believe should never have happened) and majorly pissing him off, it did nothing to actually hurt Galactus. That was blown through his ship is simply a matter of his unprepareness and the ratio of his mass against the force of the blow.

Cool, yes. A feat, yes. A massive feat, not so much."
I agree, that was just.....

Really bad writting lol.
Rei-Kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Rei-Kai

Galactus getting killed every couple of months is bad writing. Getting knocked on his ass? Not so much, especially given how powerful and smart Thanos is.

Perfect Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Perfect Cell
Rei-Kai said:
"Galactus getting killed every couple of months is bad writing. Getting knocked on his ass? Not so much, especially given how powerful and smart Thanos is."
Doom killed Galactus
Abraxus killed many of them
He was Tortured by the Skrulls
After being utterly defeated by Aegis & Trebious.
The Fantastic Four owned him... and Lastly..
Galactus was taken down and eaten alive by Giant Man, Wolverine, Ironman, Captian America, Hulk, and Spiderman.

Sometimes I think of him as a joke character in Marvel.

LordCosmicKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By LordCosmicKing

hmmm........

Perfect Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Perfect Cell
LordCosmicKing said:
"hmmm........"
Oh and he was also assimilated by the Borg.

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By AtPhantom
Perfect Cell said:
"AtPhantom said:
"Rei-Kai said:

Zeus Force as to Odin Force. Odin Force as to Thanos Force.

It it were Odin or Zeus fighting the entire multiverse of Marvel; They will loose alot faster than Thanos. If it were both of them fighting off and out smarting the Elders of the Universe; they would probably to most likely not have gotten a chance to collect all of the Infinity gems. The fight with Odin is not much of a feature, but a plot to have Odin be aware of Thor. If you claim Zeus or Odin can whoop Thanos that easily; Then how does Thanos take the God Blast inches away from Odin's hand? If fact; Thanos was so powerful, Odin clearly underestimated him and took up arms in mention of Gungnir (his enchanted spear) which amplifies his attacking power. If anything less of words; that battle was hardly a curbstomp."
Zeus whooping his A$$ was a hyperbole from my part. I Don't think this would be a stomp, far from it, it would be a very good battle, but eventually Zeus would win.

I don't know what you meant with the mutliverse and elders argument, so I'll leave it be for now...

As for Thanos-Odin fight, it is one of the most interpretable battles I have seen so far. Here is my interpretation:

Thanos and Surfer get into a fight with Odin. Surfer demonstrates his jobber qualities and gets punched out in the first second. Odin and Thanos exchange godly boasts and insluts while blasting each other, neither doing any visible harm. eventually Odin picks up Gugnir and Blasts Thanos with it. Thanos, strugling with the force of the blast, manages to get a hold of Gugnir, and turns the blast on both of them. After crashing into some walls, and a few cosmic explosions, we see Odin, vritually unfased, and Thanos, barelly standing, emerging from the rubble. When Odin asks do you yield, only his Will, of which I have heard so much about, forces him to say no.

Now this was not a curbstomp at all, but I think it demosntrates taht Odin is Thanos' superior.

And for thoes of you caliming Odin won just because of his spear, keep in mind that Zeus has a thunderbolt, which is a part of him as is Batman's utility belt.
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By AtPhantom
Perfect Cell said:
"Rei-Kai said:
"Galactus getting killed every couple of months is bad writing. Getting knocked on his ass? Not so much, especially given how powerful and smart Thanos is."
Doom killed Galactus
Abraxus killed many of them
He was Tortured by the Skrulls
After being utterly defeated by Aegis & Trebious.
The Fantastic Four owned him... and Lastly..
Galactus was taken down and eaten alive by Giant Man, Wolverine, Ironman, Captian America, Hulk, and Spiderman.

Sometimes I think of him as a joke character in Marvel.

"
WHAT? God, they've turned him into a jobber.
Rei-Kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Rei-Kai

Well the whole eaten part was during Marvel Zombies, so that doesn't really count. Besides it's rare that Galactus is ever at full power and most times that he's 'killed' is when he's starving to death already.

ecsnclr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By ecsnclr

Wat nice i never new galactus and thonos have met sory if that sounds stupid but i dont read thanos comics but i have realised that thanos and darksied (dc)  look very alike have you ? ? ? ?

Rei-Kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Rei-Kai

Thanos was originally meant to be Marvel's Darkseid. However, Thanos evolved far beyond that concept into a unique and original character.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
Rei-Kai said:
"Thanos was originally meant to be Marvel's Darkseid. However, Thanos evolved far beyond that concept into a unique and original character."
Why would Marvel make Thanos to be their Darkseid when Marvel's first Superman clone was a villain?
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By King_Saturn
LOL
ecsnclr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By ecsnclr
Vance Astro said:
"Rei-Kai said:
"Thanos was originally meant to be Marvel's Darkseid. However, Thanos evolved far beyond that concept into a unique and original character."
Why would Marvel make Thanos to be their Darkseid when Marvel's first Superman clone was a villain?"
NICE !!!! TELL ME MORE I NEVER NEW ANY OF THIS ??
Rei-Kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Rei-Kai

Gladiator wasn't a villain. He only does as commanded by the Emperor/Empress of the Shi'ar Empire.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
Rei-Kai said:
"Gladiator wasn't a villain. He only does as commanded by the Emperor/Empress of the Shi'ar Empire."
Close enough.He never opposed Thanos as one of his major enemies.