Classic Thanos and Tiamut.

No morals. 

Who's got this won?
#2 Posted by _slim_ (13054 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think Thanos has a chance here.

#3 Posted by ShadowKing (826 posts) - - Show Bio
@_slim_: Why? 
#4 Posted by beautifulrevery (1488 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think Thanos can take this without prep to be completely honest.

#5 Posted by _slim_ (13054 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShadowKing: Well, I just don't think Thanos can stand up to a Celestial. lol. But if you know something that proves otherwise, I'm all ears.

#6 Edited by ShadowKing (826 posts) - - Show Bio
@_slim_: I guess you are right. 

@beautifulrevery: I guess he will need prep. But that would be unfair. 
#7 Posted by ThanoStomp (780 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos loses.

It would be interesting to give limited prep, for example, he could have time to prep but not allowed to use any object that would grant him universal-level powers. So, no use of IG, Cosmic Cube or HOTU.

With prep that kind of limited prep, Thanos could make another Omega to fight Tiamut for him.

#8 Posted by XiiX (7421 posts) - - Show Bio

Tiamut. Thanos ain't in the league of a freakin' Celestial........

#9 Posted by Killemall (18252 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShadowKing said:

@_slim_: Why?

Few reasons i can think of:

1. Thanos is not even on the same leagues as average celestial, let alone someone as high as Tiamut.

2. You put in classic Thanos, arguably from his cosmic cube days, who's a LOT less powerful than his current encounter.

ABC logic, but i really think it holds true here. Thanos fought Odin, couldnt even faze him and will didnt outright lose because battle was stopped mid way thanks to Sif and BRB, while Arishem huminated Odin, Zeus and their whole army together who got beat up by Tiamut. The difference between the two is massive.

@XiiX said:

Also this, specially since Tiamut for one isnt even an "ordinary" celestial.

#10 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (19908 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a stomp. Either give Thanos prep or this will be locked.

"Be water my friend"

#11 Posted by demifiendninja (299 posts) - - Show Bio
@XiiX said:

#12 Posted by whydama (1093 posts) - - Show Bio

Classic Thanos cant take on a celestial like Tiamut. No way. Celestial stomps.

Current Thanos might be a draw.

How about you give Classic Thanos the ability to draw power from his ship like he did in his fight with The Walker?

#13 Posted by SpeedForceSpider (902 posts) - - Show Bio

@beautifulrevery said:

I don't think Thanos can take this without prep to be completely honest.

#14 Posted by ShootingNova (15520 posts) - - Show Bio

Tiamat stepstomps Thanos. Any Celestial would own him.

@whydama said:

What? How?

#15 Posted by Gritterr (489 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova said:

Tiamat stepstomps Thanos. Any Celestial would own him.

@whydama said:

What? How?

This is Spite any way you shape it

#16 Posted by ShootingNova (15520 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gritterr: And why is that directed at me?

Additionally, spite is an intentionally created mismatch. So it's possible he didn't know the full power of these characters and just pitted them against each other after hearing that they were powerful.

#17 Posted by Gritterr (489 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova:i was agreeing with your confusion on how he though current Thanos would be a draw

#18 Posted by ShootingNova (15520 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gritterr: Right.

#19 Posted by whydama (1093 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova:

It took a cosmic cube to delay Thanos. And universal busting to imprison him. So, unless Tiamut destroys the universe. I doubt he can do anything to Thanos

#20 Posted by ShootingNova (15520 posts) - - Show Bio

@whydama: Cosmic Cube Thanos was Classic, who was even weaker than Current. But the OP does say Classic. Classic Thanos lost to Odin in a H2H struggle with Gungnir, and really, Odin, Vishnu and Zeus' combined attack failed to harm Arishem the Judge even in the slightest, and they all bowed in awe, shock and respect. Additionally, a Destroyer Armour Odin that was infused with the souls of the other Asgardians (minus Thor) was reduced to slag by the Celestials. Planet-destroying blows were shrugged off effortlessly by Ziran the Tester.

#21 Posted by whydama (1093 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova said:

@whydama: Cosmic Cube Thanos was Classic, who was even weaker than Current. But the OP does say Classic. Classic Thanos lost to Odin in a H2H struggle with Gungnir, and really, Odin, Vishnu and Zeus' combined attack failed to harm Arishem the Judge even in the slightest, and they all bowed in awe, shock and respect. Additionally, a Destroyer Armour Odin that was infused with the souls of the other Asgardians (minus Thor) was reduced to slag by the Celestials. Planet-destroying blows were shrugged off effortlessly by Ziran the Tester.

In the Cancerverse Saga, Star Lord used a cosmic cube to distract Thanos while Lady Death's actions resulted in the destruction of the universe. This is the version of Thanos that I say will draw with Tiamut. Remember, it is cosmic cube+universe busting that incapcitated Thanos.

I already said Classic Thanos loses badly. Celestial stomps.

@whydama said:

Classic Thanos cant take on a celestial like Tiamut. No way. Celestial stomps.

How about you give Classic Thanos the ability to draw power from his ship like he did in his fight with The Walker?

However, if Thanos takes power from his ship, he might stand a chance, but that is debatable. He did hold off The Walker, a being that killed everything in his universe. But The Walker seemed to be holding back

#22 Posted by ShootingNova (15520 posts) - - Show Bio

@whydama: I thought the Celestials were stated to be beyond the universe.

#23 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@XiiX said:

#24 Posted by whydama (1093 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova said:

I am confused. Because there are alternate versions of Celestials like in Earth X and they also feature in "What if?"

Also, Celestials were not able to contain the Cancerverse invasion whereas Thanos went to the source and nipped it there.

Here is a scan of Galactus, some Celestials and Aegis and Tenebrous vs the Galactus Engine (Evil Galactus amped by Old Gods)

The fight did not end in epic victory for the abstracts. It was at best a stalemate with Galactus and his buddies falling back to regroup. So, clearly the Celestials have limits.

#25 Edited by Killemall (18252 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova said:

Celestials aren't Beyond the universe, they are created within the universe, in the Black Galaxy as explained in Thor: The Black Galaxy Saga, and apparently are created and work under the all-powerful fulcrum as revealed in Eternals 09, who apparently is a being beyond the concept of time and is all powerful (much like TOAA, people even interprete TOAA as being Stan Lee and Fulcrum as being Jack Kirby)

Below you will find scans from The Mighty Thor 423 (an issue in the Black Galaxy Saga) where you can see a birth of a celestial

there is actually a next issue which shows how they gain life, which is via explosion of a giant star, cant find the issue atm, will get back to you with the scans soon.

@whydama said:

I am confused. Because there are alternate versions of Celestials like in Earth X and they also feature in "What if?"

Also, Celestials were not able to contain the Cancerverse invasion whereas Thanos went to the source and nipped it there.

Here is a scan of Galactus, some Celestials and Aegis and Tenebrous vs the Galactus Engine (Evil Galactus amped by Old Gods)

The fight did not end in epic victory for the abstracts. It was at best a stalemate with Galactus and his buddies falling back to regroup. So, clearly the Celestials have limits.

Of course everyone has limits , barring characters like Fulcrum and TOAA. Heck even PR Beyonder had limits.

That being said its reasonable to assume that Celestials are more than powerful enough to knock the heck out of thanos.

I think the cancerverse invasion from Annihilation is a poor example.

You think the Celestials fled because of fear , as few other did. I think they retreated because they realized the futility of fighting the GE . The comic itself isn't completely clear as to why they retreated . And the reason i believe this is because, a whole host of Celestials , let alone the entire race , should be more than enough to hold off , at the very least , any universal threat . In an alternate reality , they stalemated Doom w/ the IG + Beyonder's power (needless to say cosmic cube Beyonder and Pre-recton god version) . In another alternate reality , they contained an entity which was able to overwhelm both the Phoenix Force and Galactus . Considering how 616 Cosmics/Abstracts are supposed to be stronger than their alternate counterparts , the Celestials should have been able to hold off the GE on their own . But they didn't . Which leads me to believe that they were either being jobbed in that particular instance , or the GE was just that damn powerful . I am leaning on the former notion .

616 Celestials have few feats but using the feats they do do have , which include Arishem's showing against 3 skyfathers who Tiamut soundly beat , Tiamut destroying the entire Horde , the High Evolutionary reversing the effects of Wanda's spell on Magneto's X-Gene using a minor component of a lobotomized Celestial , Kubik's testimony etc should give one a fair idea that Tiamut for one should have enough power to defeat Thanos.

Here's you can see Tiamut being addressed outright as the "Greatest of All Celestials", Eternals vol 1, 09

Here's few hyperboles to put things into prospective , Eternals Vol 2 , 06 . He actually ripped and twisted the the very fabric and time and space just by waking up and both Watcher and Galactus (halfway across the milkyway is afraid)

Here (Eternals Vol 2, 01)Tiamut states to Makkari that he is very weak (remember he just woke up from billion years of sleep) and even in this weakest condition he can destroy good part of the solar system (presumably with one blast). Now, give the fact that Celestials are robot like beings incapable of lying i dont see why we couldnt take that as a feat on its face value.

Here he fights and beats Arishem but is later defeated and left on earth, remember Arishem was the celestial who humilated Odin with the entire asgard. Thats show how power Tiamut is , and this is perhaps his only decent fight (Eternals vol2 03)

Tiamut then goes to talk to Fulcrum about sparing the earth, and in doing so regains his conciousness and transcends beyond normal celestials and because his equal, not sure what how much of a power boost to think that of, but its fair to believe he's gotten more powerful than what these scans depicts, Eternals Vol 2 09.

Here are few feats that i have from Celestial's arrival in Asgard, to just give you a brief idea of how powerful the celestials are meant to be, the two main celestials you see here are Arishem and Exitar, remember even before the ascension in the hands of fulcrum Tiamut already beat Arishem, and now at the very least should be more powerful than either of them.

The Mighty Thor 300 - remember this is Odin + Destroyer Armor + Odin Sword + Destroyer Armor powered by every soul in Asgard, and all he could do against Celestials was, well die, he cut their hands they healed instantly, his attack didnt nothing, they even melted the odin sword and killed him

I can dig up a lot more scans of Arishem meeting Zeus and the return of Celestials in Asgard during The Mighty Thor 387 - 389, but there is a limit on the amount of scans i can upload on a go so i am not attempting it now.

In short, based on what we have seen from an "average" celestials, a powerful celestial (Arishem) , both of whom Tiamut is clearly more powerful, have feat to put them up there with Galactus, and as such i see no reason why he couldnt simply KO thanos if need be, even if this were Cancerverse Thanos.

#26 Posted by Bo88gdan (4393 posts) - - Show Bio

Tiamut 

#27 Posted by whydama (1093 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova said:

For the last and final time, the feat I am referring to does NOT involve Thanos wielding the cosmic cube.

#28 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio

@XiiX said:

#29 Posted by Nefarious (18646 posts) - - Show Bio

The Celestial.

#30 Posted by XiiX (7421 posts) - - Show Bio

Tiamut steps on him.

#31 Posted by the_mighty_Beyonder (701 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShadowKing: this is a murderstomp, no it's a Godstomp. Thanos with or whitout prep can't handle the weakest of celestials, how would he beat the strongest of all Celestials?

even if you put him with Infinity Gauntlet he has no chance against the current Tiamut who transcended to God level.

#32 Posted by Deadgod (1183 posts) - - Show Bio

Tiamut easily