BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By BlessedbyHorus
No Caption Provided

Since Thanos annihilated the Annihilators in a comic and most people on here see Thanos as a herald level team buster. Can this Marvel Earth based team at their strongest take him down?

Hyperion(Marcus Milton), Thor, Binary, World Breaker Hulk, Blue Marvel, Monica Rambeau, Doctor Doom(regular version)

Round one-Morals on. Odin force for Thor.

Round two-Bloodlusted and trying to stop him at any chance. No Odin Force for Thor.

Will this team fair better than the Annihilators.

SirNeko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Most people here see him as Skyfather and fanboys wank him as some kinda abstract, real hard core have actually argued him to be Omnipotent.

Avatar image for traskindustries
traskindustries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

By herald level team buster do you mean that Thanos is herald level or that Thanos busts teams of herald level? Because Thanos is way above herald level. Also, does anyone get prep?

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirneko:

But he's not skyfather level, nor has he down anything to show that he is...

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

thanos

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@traskindustries:

Meaning he busts herald level teams. Not that he is herald level. Thanos is what we call Transcendence level like Darkseid. These type of people are between Herald and skyfather level. And no prep since it was not stated in the OP.

traskindustries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By traskindustries

@sirneko said:

Most people here see him as Skyfather and fanboys wank him as some kinda abstract, real hard core have actually argued him to be Omnipotent.

No they dont. Most people know he has lost to Odin before. And not all Skyfathers are equal of power. Thanos-wank is nothing compared to Flash or Superman wank.

ironthor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@traskindustries:

Meaning he busts herald level teams. Not that he is herald level. Thanos is what we call Transcendence level like Darkseid. These type of people are between Herald and skyfather level. And no prep since it was not stated in the OP.

this. He dies at the hand of Thor.

AgentofChaos1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team stomps with zero effort

Avatar image for captnmcdeadpool
captnmcdeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Odin Force Thor?

... Yea, the rest are largely unnecessary. Though Binary and Monica Rambeau are no slouches either. The latter mostly due to her speed.

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So should I take out Odin Force for Thor?

MaZeRaIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team.OF Thor is the MVP.

traskindustries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OP updated.

Hiddenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_stranglehold_da_first said:

@traskindustries:

this. He dies at the hand of Thor.

Thor is nothing compared to Thanos, the guy can take out multiple Thors and a team of people on par with Thor without any problems (The annihilators). Even an amped Thor in the past did almost no damage to him, and that was from Thanos before becoming an avatar of the Death.

No Caption Provided

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hiddenlight: Heard those Thors(and duplicate heroes similar) aren't nearly as powerful as their 'regular' counterparts.

Avatar image for deactivated-1351355
deactivated-1351355

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Hiddenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xiix said:

@hiddenlight: Heard those Thors(and duplicate heroes similar) aren't nearly as powerful as their 'regular' counterparts.

They just don't have enough feats, people are using Terrax Axe and the lance from Proxima midnight killing one Thor as a low-showing for them but those artifacts aren't meant to be downplayed. Either way, Thanos had literally no problem against Thor in the past, not even a bloodlusted Thor was able to put him down. In infinity he literally knocked Hulk miles away and a few minutes later tanked 3 full-powered lightnings from Thor (And asked for more) and even then was able to punch Thor away without much effort. No, Thanos isn't "Skyfather" level as he is portrayed sometimes, but he is still way above Herald level.

HelixFlameYT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agentofchaos1: LMFAO. I agree that team will win but there will be fatalities during the fight.

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By BlessedbyHorus
pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By pooty

@king_stranglehold_da_first: I believe thanos is Skyfather level. Besides Odin, what Skyfather has better feats? If Thanos is only transcendent, besides Odin, who is Skyfather level in Marvel?

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheTruthIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty said:

@king_stranglehold_da_first: I believe thanos is Skyfather level. Besides Odin, what Skyfather has better feats? If Thanos is only transcendent, besides Odin, who is Skyfather level in Marvel?

It seems you and others no offense don't realize that there is MUCH MORE to being a skyfather. Who else besides Odin? Zeus(who said to be equal to Odin) and many other all-fathers of their God Pantheons.

The thing is to be a skyfather is not just busting a galaxy(which Thanos can't do), but actually having the ability to, "create" i.e a race or world even. Which Thanos has never ever shown to have done(at least not without the help of his tech).

Yes having "creation" abilities is what makes a skyfather and what defines it imo. Here I'll give you something in a nutshell in what I mean.

In the scans the Judo-Christian God(yes he exists in Marvel) states that all all-fathers equally have a hand in "creation", like some contract or something. This includes Norse, Greek and other gods. The Judo-Christian God who is a skyfather himself has a hand in "creation". Thanos so far has not shown anything on this level with his own natural abilities.

He has not shown something as simple as casually creating a planet.

No Caption Provided

All-fathers are capable of casually doing that, especially since it was stated by the Judo-Christian God. Thanos has yet to do something on that level. He has yet to have creation abilities. He has not done anything that puts him on the level of Odin, Judo-Christian God and other All-fathers. Thanos is a trans level like Darkseid. He is just capable of lasting longer against skyfathers than heralds.

traskindustries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By traskindustries

@king_stranglehold_da_first: Actually, being a skyfather is nothing more than being the head honcho of a pantheon. Thats why different skyfathers are not equal in power. Odin is among the strongest ones. Thats why the whole "skyfather level" is silly, because its not a level, its a rank.

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_stranglehold_da_first: Actually, being a skyfather is nothing more than being the head honcho of a pantheon. Thats why different skyfathers are not equal in power. Odin is among the strongest ones. Thats why the whole "skyfather level" is silly, because its not a level, its a rank.

But still he is on none of their level. Yes its mostly a rank, but most skyfathers have creation abilities which Thanos does not have. Odin has the best feats, because him and Norse Gods are shown more in Marvel comics and seems to be the more popular God Pantheon.

traskindustries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By traskindustries

@king_stranglehold_da_first: I've never said that Thanos was Skyfather level, its clear enough from scans that he's not. Galactus > skyfathers (not counting one time feats with some PIS weapons like necrosword) > Thanos > heralds and whatnot. Its quite simple actually.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_stranglehold_da_first: but actually having the ability to, "create" i.e a race or world even.

Odin nor Zeus created their race. They inherited them. Odin showed the power to create a world. Who besides Odin has done that?

In the scans the Judo-Christian God(yes he exists in Marvel) states that all all-fathers equally have a hand in "creation"

I can understand that the ORIGINAL skyfathers of their pantheons are equal in creation. But again, neither Odin nor zeus created their people. They were just in line for the throne. They didn't create anything.

All-fathers are capable of casually doing that, especially since it was stated by the Judo-Christian God

Just because a character stated something doesn't make it true. The Christian God's word doesn't carry more weight then anyone else. Such as Odin saying he is all knowing or hulk saying he is the strongest there is. The only skyfather that has actually created a planet is Odin(as far as I know)

He has not done anything that puts him on the level of Odin, Judo-Christian God and other All-fathers.

Who are these other all-fathers that have created their race and world?

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_stranglehold_da_first: I've never said that Thanos was Skyfather level, its clear enough from scans that he's not. Galactus > skyfathers > Thanos > heralds and whatnot. Its quite simple actually.

I know what you meant, I was just explaining that even though skyfather is mostly a rank, Thanos is still not on their level.

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty:

Odin nor Zeus created their race. They inherited them. Odin showed the power to create a world. Who besides Odin has done that?

I can understand that the ORIGINAL skyfathers of their pantheons are equal in creation. But again, neither Odin nor zeus created their people. They were just in line for the throne. They didn't create anything.

Yet I showed you Odin creating a planet out of nothing. Matter fact here's him creating stars and planets.

And I never said Odin created Asgard, I said he created the Asgardian world or recreated it. As for Odin creating a race? It is hinted that he played a role in creating humanity or "Midgard".

Just because a character stated something doesn't make it true. The Christian God's word doesn't carry more weight then anyone else. Such as Odin saying he is all knowing or hulk saying he is the strongest there is. The only skyfather that has actually created a planet is Odin(as far as I know)

Wait so you're comparing hyperbole to actual statements in comics??? What!??? Hulk being the strongest one there is and Odin being all knowing is not even in the slightest bit similar to the Judo-Christian God saying that All-Fathers have a hand in creations. Do you have solid evidence that the Judo-Christian God's words are incorrect? Besides strawmans... The Judo-Christian God in Ghost Rider comics created Heaven, Angels, Ghost Riders and possibly humans, again something Thanos has not shown to being able to do with his natural abilities.

Who are these other all-fathers that have created their race and world?

I listed them. Plus the Judo-Christian God already said All-fathers have a hand in creation. Again Thanos is not on skyfather level...

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_stranglehold_da_first:

Wait so you're comparing hyperbole to actual statements in comics??? What!??? Hulk being the strongest one there is and Odin being all knowing is not even in the slightest bit similar to the Judo-Christian God saying that All-Fathers have a hand in creations.

No i'm saying when God said All Fathers have a hand in Creation, he was talking about the ORIGINAL all fathers who gave birth to their race of people.

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By BlessedbyHorus

@pooty said:

Wait so you're comparing hyperbole to actual statements in comics??? What!??? Hulk being the strongest one there is and Odin being all knowing is not even in the slightest bit similar to the Judo-Christian God saying that All-Fathers have a hand in creations.

No i'm saying when God said All Fathers have a hand in Creation, he was talking about the ORIGINAL all fathers who gave birth to their race of people.

But that doesn't change anything and you even said Odin inherited everything iirc.

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Thanos can take a few hits from a Skyfather, that doesn't make him one.

This is like Odin tanking a few hits from Galactus, or Thor taking hits from Thanos, and etc. They aren't on the same level, but they are just close enough to stand toe to toe for half a round.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By pooty
@pooty said:

But that doesn't change anything and you even said Odin inherited everything iirc.

I said Odin inherited his people. But if Thanos is not skyfather that's fine. No problem. Case closed

Just because it was brought up. To your knowledge has any current skyfather created life or a new life form? Ex: a human, animal, insect etc

Avatar image for christianrapper
christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty said:

which comic was that from?

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team probably IMO.

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty

Cool that we can come to an understanding. But in a reply to you in one of my post, I posted a scan that hinted Odin could have had a part in the creation of Mankind. We know in Ghost Rider comics that his god claims to have created humanity and life. Though the scans I posted says all God Pantheons have a "executive" stake in "creation".

@christianrapper

The one with the Judo-Christian God? Howard the Duck. And yes it is canon and is confirmed in one of the handbooks.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just to be clear, I am no way crapping on Thanos or lowballing him. He is actually my SECOND favorite comicbook character. :)

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just to be clear, I am no way crapping on Thanos or lowballing him. He is actually my SECOND favorite comicbook character. :)

I didn't get the impression you were low balling him at all. I actually like the fact you feel skyfathers can "create" theory. If skyfathers had on panel creation feats you would have completely won me over. Still, you gave me something to consider

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty said:
@king_stranglehold_da_first said:

I didn't get the impression you were low balling him at all. I actually like the fact you feel skyfathers can "create" theory. If skyfathers had on panel creation feats you would have completely won me over. Still, you gave me something to consider

True. They do not have many "creation" feats on panel. But lets not forget that Zadkiel from Ghost Rider had the "hand of creation" which was from God. But of course Zadkiel did not do anything noteworthy in the comics.

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1: Team

Round 2: Team with more difficulty.

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

#45  Edited By MasterKungFu

team

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

@king_stranglehold_da_first: @pooty:I do not believe the idea of how the title of sky-father you guys are discussing is as cut and dry as you are trying to be. One of the points, King brought about creation was interesting but it's been contradicted fair few times in comics just as well. Most commonplace would be at elder gods mythology which says something very different than what you guys discussed. The idea there is that skyfather beings were created out of the energies of Elder Gods that Atum consumed when he came into earth to protect humans from ender gods.

Do you get a contradiction there? Because this suggests humanity existed before pantheons and respective skyfathers were even born. So the creation argument might not be valid because there was no creation to be made when skyfathers were skyfathers. They had no hand in creating humans because they were created before skyfather were born. In fact, these origin stories actually makes humans the creators of pantheons.

If either of you are interested, the origin story of how humans were responsible to create skyfather, it's showned in detail in Thor Annual # 9.

The creation part that you often see in Thor comics likely are just there as a nod to their original mythos. I do not belive that defines who or what Skyfathers are. Not to mention neither Odin nor Zeus were the first gods to be born , nor where they the first skyfathers.

It's a rather tricky thing to answer, and i really don't think either of you could come up with a universally convincing answer, in regards to what precisely makes a skyfather because of so many contradicts that exists from author to author. I have always been of the opinion that skyfather is merely a title given to the respective heads of the pantheons. The equality in power arguments comes from the idea that marvel would not be prejudice on one pantheon over another, and are likely to make them all equal.

We see this when we see say Odin and Zues are compared; or the respective hell lords from the pantheons are compared in the form of Hela and Pluto. They are often potrayed equal. They've actually fought each others in the past too.

pr0d1gy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@claymore1998: Skyfather is technically a term that only a leader of a pantheon can have regardless of power. Skyfather level is a made up term with a broad definition. I doubt any definition will ever be universally accepted

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

@pooty: That's how i feel too. Though calling it a skyfather "level" isn't without merit most of the times. Marvel will not make one pantheon more powerful than another. Given head of the pantheon is always regarded the most powerful among them, they are often going to be potrayed similar to each other. This mind not hold true when someone else takes over the throne for a short amount of time, for example Loki or Balder. But this would be true most often when this isn't the case.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@claymore1998: actually just earlier today someone showed Zeus bio. It said he could be resurrected by a equal God like odin or a few other skyfathers working together. That gave me the impression that Skyfathers are not equal. also, Remember Desak the god killer. He killed multiple Skyfathers but couldn't beat Thor with Odin force. I think Skyfathers have different levels.