• 177 results
Avatar image for all_mighty_beyonder
All_Mighty_Beyonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

very good fight, i think if this is a random fight, team has the upper hand. if it's with prep Thanos wins

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#102  Edited By GhostRavage

@kingant27: LMAO, i think im the leading force in this site against those delusional users. I've seen enough about both of them and im quite knowledgeable myself about the series as well. There's nothing to explain, i understand he was unstable, but nothing like his weakest, actually, that a baseless overstatement.

Iragexcudder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By Iragexcudder

@pooty: a bloodlusted Drax got through his shields and that was current, Thanos was definitely weakened but heirs gear remained the same.

Fernus could phase Thanos' spleen out while invisible in a fraction of a millisecond

God_of_Wrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos gets the beating of his life!

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty: a blood listed Drax got through his shields and that was current, Thanos was definitely weakened but heirs gear remained the same.

Fernus could phase Thanos' spleen out while invisible in a fraction of a millisecond

Drax had an aura around him that allowed him to do that. Thanos has had automatic shields that disintegrate people on contact.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty said:

@highaccuser: Thanos durability is enough that Thor hitting him directly in the head does nothing. Silver Surfer full blast don't even make him flinch. Thor and Champion need the Power Gem just to break his Shields. Thanos walked through a continuous blast from Odin and grabbed his spear. He nearly killed Surfer with 7 hits. One shot Thor with eyebeams. He can beat the JL. They couldn't even get past his shields

The league can attack at a much more rapid rate than any of those characters with speedblitzing. Green Lanterns certainly have the showings to hurt Thanos. Hal(who's in this battle)has blasted through Amazo, Krona, Cyborg Superman and Black Lantern Spectre. They also don't need just blunt force or energy blasts like those characters. Fernus in particular can use phasing on Thanos to fuse him to something(which he did to Superman) or rip out his insides. J'onn also has considerably better telepathy than Thanos and could drag him to the astral plane and force him into a telepathic battle which he'd lose. The league also has a lot more versaility, particularly Hal who Thanos is facing here.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty said:

@highaccuser: Thanos durability is enough that Thor hitting him directly in the head does nothing. Silver Surfer full blast don't even make him flinch. Thor and Champion need the Power Gem just to break his Shields. Thanos walked through a continuous blast from Odin and grabbed his spear. He nearly killed Surfer with 7 hits. One shot Thor with eyebeams. He can beat the JL. They couldn't even get past his shields

The league can attack at a much more rapid rate than any of those characters with speedblitzing. Green Lanterns certainly have the showings to hurt Thanos. Hal(who's in this battle)has blasted through Amazo, Krona, Cyborg Superman and Black Lantern Spectre. They also don't need just blunt force or energy blasts like those characters. Fernus in particular can use phasing on Thanos to fuse him to something(which he did to Superman) or rip out his insides. J'onn also has considerably better telepathy than Thanos and could drag him to the astral plane and force him into a telepathic battle which he'd lose. The league also has a lot more versaility, particularly Hal who Thanos is facing here.

Shields stop the speed blitzing. Galactus had trouble getting through Thanos shields and Green Lantern shields have been busted by Superman, Black Adam, Wonder Woman etc. A healthy Thanos has NEVER had his mind entered. The fusing would stall Thanos if MM could get past his shields. If MM goes for the astral plane that could work. The OP says Thanos knows they are bloodlusted so thanos will act accordingly. MM is their best bet but only if he uses the right attacks

Iragexcudder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty: yeah but it's fluctuated through the years.

The aura wasnt anything special I don't believe, he just got finished lurking Annihilus' army and ripped through his shields that were supposed to disintegrate.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty said:

@highaccuser said:

@pooty said:

Shields stop the speed blitzing. Galactus had trouble getting through Thanos shields and Green Lantern shields have been busted by Superman, Black Adam, Wonder Woman etc. A healthy Thanos has NEVER had his mind entered. The fusing would stall Thanos if MM could get past his shields. If MM goes for the astral plane that could work. The OP says Thanos knows they are bloodlusted so thanos will act accordingly. MM is their best bet but only if he uses the right attacks

Thanos has used his shields like...twice. It's not what I'd call an in character move. Green Lantern shields(from Hal specifically in this case)have also held supernovas and withstood things like punches from Superboy Prime or heat vision from Cyborg Superman with just personal aura. Thanos has never resisted a telepath on J'onn's level before and there's a big question as to weather or not he'd be able to at all. Shields aren't a problem for J'onn since he can just phase through them.

TheGrayGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jas0: The feats I cited as PIS are not so because Thanos is my " adorable character" especially since I noted something for Thanos also being PIS ( making universe scream)

They are PIS because they contradict decades of presentation

As for why the triumvirate is PIS , it's because Lucifer himself notes in Sandman itself that he was just playing along all the while, and also he is elevated to being the " strongest being short of God himself"

So Etrigan not being God....or someone with Gods power( Michael) , any feat of him hurting Lucifer is PIS just fine as all his other stuff does NOT involve operating on a multiversal level

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By pooty

@highaccuser: Off the top of my head i counted 6x thanos has used shields of some kind. Hal has some high feats but they don't discount when his shields have been broken by weaker people. Until someone enters thanos mind i don't assume MM can. I've never seen MM phase through shields. But if he can that helps his case

@iragexcudder: The scan shows an aura around both of them during the fight. Drax was the avatar of life and thanos the avatar of death. Classic drax nor thor nor Odin have been able to rip inside Thanos like that. This weak drax couldn't do it without some context

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty said:

@highaccuser: Off the top of my head i counted 6x thanos has used shields of some kind. Hal has some high feats but they don't discount when his shields have been broken by weaker people. Until someone enters thanos mind i don't assume MM can. I've never seen MM phase through shields. But if he can that helps his case

You've miscounted. I don't see Hal as needing shields since he can just avoid Thanos' energy blasts anyway.

I'm sorry, but how in god's name is Thanos never being TP'd an argument for it being an impossible action? The same thing is true about Punisher. He's never been dropped by telepathy to my knowledge but he can resist Despero? Do you understand how faulty that logic is?

jas0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By jas0

@thegrayghost: The thing is, it doesn't make sense claiming that was PIS if it was created first, lol. Lucifer is clearly more powerful than Beelzebub, Azazel and Belial. The thing is, the triumvirate existed just to make Hell more organized:

No Caption Provided

The scan is terrible, but it's what it says.

Etrigan used Holy Magic to hurt Lucifer, even with the Crown of Horns power he couldn't hurt Lucifer, only with Holy Magic

No Caption Provided

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty said:

You've miscounted. I don't see Hal as needing shields since he can just avoid Thanos' energy blasts anyway.

I'm sorry, but how in god's name is Thanos never being TP'd an argument for it being an impossible action? The same thing is true about Punisher. He's never been dropped by telepathy to my knowledge but he can resist Despero? Do you understand how faulty that logic is?

sure i did. its faulty logic to assume that MM can TP someone who has shown immunity to TP

TheGrayGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jas0: The first bit is from Swamp Thing right?

So no. Gaiman came in and rebooted Lucifer as a far more powerful character who was playing along all the while

Its like using scans of say....Ben Grimn from the 60s when he was much weaker and comparing it to the modern version that uses skyscrapers as baseball bats

There's iirc not actually been an in comic power up , but Bens level is now considered to be well in the class 90-ish zones and no one really brings up the times he was punked by Spiderman , because they have been rendered irrelevant by decades of character development at a consistent power level

Considering lucifer in his own series is a multi versal guy, and even as early as sandman , the 2nd strongest being in the universe, and the fact that he admitted he was just playing along with the whole " triumvirate thing", makes most of these earlier feats unacceptable/ inconsistent

What are the other feats for this holy water thingy btw?

If say it has other feats on a multiversal level we might have an actual debate

Otherwise that just seems like a low showing for lucy

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 thedailybagel  Moderator  Online

Still don't see why thanos can't drop some with tp instantly, BFR the others. Sure, he's completely outmatched in terms of raw power but thanos was never one to play fair.

TheGrayGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It should be noted that for all those shouting " Thanos is immune to TP" , he was pretty easily subdued by Galactus despite Moondragons helping him

Its just that Fernus has not shown anything on Galactus' scale, or indeed particularly more than regular Jonn

DeeRock313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheGrayGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedailybagel: who do you feel particularly outmatches Thanos in terms of "raw power"?

galactus1967

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even if they can get by Thanos shields,he is still incredibly durable.This is a long drawn out fight but i think because they have sentry,the team wins in the end.And I am a big Thanos fan!

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 thedailybagel  Moderator  Online

@thegrayghost: no one in particular, aside from arguably j'onn. All together however kinda puts him in a tough situation (not that it matters, his other abilities allow him to win).

ZhuRong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deerock313: I can't believe people still think any version of Hulk can take on Thanos lol

Avatar image for unbreakable_fs4
unbreakable_fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The team due to seer number and versatility.

However it won't be easy as Thanos can easily BFR more than half the team with a gesture. This includes, Etrigan, MMH, Sentry, and by isolating Mjolnir with a forcefield of pure force as he did to BRB, Thor can easily be BFRed as well. The remaining two will be easier to take care of by making full use of his arsenal, with his numerous forcefields being a significant factor.

I don't see it playing out like this most of the time, which is why I give the team the majority

TheGrayGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedailybagel: Jonn Jonnz? Seriously? The guys noted to be weaker than Superman several times

How do you feel superman fares against Thanos?

And sure 6 guys who can hurt Thanos but are individually weaker than him, can overpower him all together

The problem being when the sttongest of these receives an " Are you done yet"? When going all out.....they don't particularly come off as capable of hurting him

The argument you are making is " if one hammer can crack the wall, 6 can bring it down"

the argument im making, based on Thanos' feats is " if one ball of paper, folded and thrown against the wall does jack shit, 6 of these aren't performing any better"

No one here is stronger than norrin, at best as strong. If they can't even elicit a response from Thanos individually, ganging up and attacking isn't achieving much

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Team

jas0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By jas0

@thegrayghost: It's from The Demon series. The Demon's Lucifer is the same from the Gaiman, and Gaiman created this Lucifer. It's not Holy Water. Etrigan is also a mage, he's like Merlin in terms of Magic or even better (I haven't read all issues of the Demon). Since when he was a baby he had much power (Etrigan is a young demon, I think he was supposed to rule the Hell when he grew up, based on some scans, I can say this properly after I receive my The Demon issues) and he used this holy magic to hurt Lucifer, it's the only way to hurt him (Btw, I haven't read Demon Knights, but I saw some scans from the Stormwatch, and seems like this DC book is about Etrigan trying to rule the Hell, but he fails. And he did rule the Hell 2 times, is his Demon series and in Shadowpact series also, but this one there was no Lucifer), even with the Crown of Horns he didn't seem affected.

I know Etrigan clashed with Phantom Stranger, but I don't have the scans, only the cover. And I remember he battled with Eclipso, but I'm not sure. His other biggest clash was agains Yog Sothoth, but it's non-canon:

No Caption Provided

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 thedailybagel  Moderator  Online

@thegrayghost: except some of them can get a response from thanos, thor smacking him from mjolnir managed to give him a severe look of pain (not that it actually did much) and no, that's not my argument actually...

My argument is that thanos would win by using his smarts, not by fighting up front. If they all sat still of course thanos would win, the problem with that is that they won't all sit still. You'll have thor, sentry and etrigan all pounding the crap out of him up front. Surfer and hal blasting the hell out of him, and most importantly j'onn...

Bloodlusted MM is literally fernus, and Fernus made superman look like a fool and soloed the justice league. If you seriously think that superman is superior to j'onn then I seriously question your knowledge on these characters. MM has a shot at beating him in his own right, even killemall (the sites top thanos expert, and cosmic expert in general) thinks fernus would beat thanos.

Not that any of this matters, thanos isn't going to fight fairly and will most likely win that way.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By willpayton

I think the team can do it

TheGrayGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jas0: Well as I said unless you have other feats on that level I call the lucifer thing PIS

I suggest you read up those other issues and provide the context, then we we'll have this debate again later

Also Eclipso'd power varies from user to user and that's an actual in comic thing

Other than that, I realise its the same lucifer but he stabilised to a significantly higher power level throughout the 90s and 00s after his initial power levels in the 80s, so his earlier feats seem PIS because the character was developed much more later, and flat outnoted that he had been playing along for the whole triumvirate thing

jas0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By jas0

@thegrayghost: I think you didn't understand. Etrigan has a vast knowledge of magic, Darkseid stated that and it's proved on some scans or even in his battles against Klarion and Merlin. Lucifer can only be harmed by Holy (Demiurgic) power if I'm not wrong, Etrigan could only harm him this way, it's not PIS IMO. The Triumvirate was only to give Hell order. Lucifer did command the whole thing. Belial was like the Police and I don't remember about Beelzebub. Etrigan just BFR'd Lucifer because he had the Crown of Horns, a poweful artifact, that was given to the Hell's king, still Lucifer wasn't harmed from I've seen. Anyway, I've bought the 1st Issue (I think it's the one that Etrigan hurts Lucifer) and 5,6 and 7 (The arc he becomes the king). After I read them I can give more infos. Etrigan did have a fight against Cthulhu, but the only statement I've seen was that it was going to destroy the world. And when the Shadowpact member compares him to the Spectre:

No Caption Provided

DrF8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 12

The team oretty easily...Thanos is powerfull but his biggest feats where after he was amper by some artefakt or when he had a lot of prep.

A bloodlusted MMH is Fernus.

The only character that doesn't really fit here is Thor. And that's not because of his lvl of power, cause it's impressive, but it's because of his Speed. But, after all Thanos is not a Speed master either...

TheGrayGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedailybagel: how far above the silver surfer do you feel Thor is?

So far above surfer is he that a guy Surfer can't even budge or cause him to notice in any way when going all out physically recoils in pain from a single strike from Thor?

In fact ignore that. Tell me how far above Power Gem- pseudo warrior madness Thor is.....normal regular Thor?

I mean they both did roughly the same amount of damage to Thanos

I realise that the guy who wrote the story is not exactly a stickler for consistency but ignoring an entire story arc about how an amped Thor , on a day hes putting down 4 herald level characters with ease can only stalemate Thanos, without even going to other stuff like Thanos stopping Mjolnir dead with a gesture

Surfer already tried busting the hell out of him. He got a bored " are you done yet?"

Thor tried busting the hell out of him. He did ok. When he had the Freakin power gem that is

Hal is a dude whos never even busted a planet. Thanos is the dude who was ignoring planet busting way back in the 70s while stomping a star buster. Hes a guy who treats people who blow up the planet and surrounding moons as a side effect of their headbutts with an " are you done yet?"

Etrigan most days is a superman level guy

Sentry....is the only one who can actually make Thanos feel his blows considering his feats

post crisis Jonn was not a planet buster. Oh and BTW you seem to have misinterpreted me noting Jonn being physically weaker than supes as "supes would beat him". He wouldn't. Because of Jonns powerset. Physically hes stronger though

Bloodlusted Jonn is not fernus, not when he specifically rips out that part out of himself. Not when he has several other arcs where hes been driven insane / angry without going fernus. Kelly is not the only writer to ever write about Jonn. His statements do not mean much in the context of Jonns entire career under various writers

as it is fernus did exactly nothing to indicate hes above Thanos. His TP wasn't particularly more impressive than regular jonn. He phased supes through a table....and mostly fought the rest of the league with TP

As it is , getting stalemated by plastic man, a dude who nearly had his neck snapped by supes/ barda doesn't particularly help his case here

Even if we assume that he is legitimately above the league physically, that doesn't by any means indicate hes more powerful than say the surfer who can create black holes as a side effect of his blasts

Fernus' feats are a) a bit dodgy b) not partcularly quantifiable c) involve PIS as in all league fights( Speed steal/ Johns BFR as just two eg)

Im not really impressed by you mentioning other debators rather than forming your own arguments. .....mainly because most debators rarely use actual feats while debating fights and more along the lines of " OMG Despero stomped everyone! Hes a team buster" . No he isn't. Nobody was using their speed/ nobody BFRd him/ Flash literally didn't fight at all etc

Fernus is similarly overrated and lacks the feats to indicate he can take out Thanos

TheGrayGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedailybagel: how far above the silver surfer do you feel Thor is?

So far above surfer is he that a guy Surfer can't even budge or cause him to notice in any way when going all out physically recoils in pain from a single strike from Thor?

In fact ignore that. Tell me how far above Power Gem- pseudo warrior madness Thor is.....normal regular Thor?

I mean they both did roughly the same amount of damage to Thanos

I realise that the guy who wrote the story is not exactly a stickler for consistency but ignoring an entire story arc about how an amped Thor , on a day hes putting down 4 herald level characters with ease can only stalemate Thanos, without even going to other stuff like Thanos stopping Mjolnir dead with a gesture

Surfer already tried busting the hell out of him. He got a bored " are you done yet?"

Thor tried busting the hell out of him. He did ok. When he had the Freakin power gem that is

Hal is a dude whos never even busted a planet. Thanos is the dude who was ignoring planet busting way back in the 70s while stomping a star buster. Hes a guy who treats people who blow up the planet and surrounding moons as a side effect of their headbutts with an " are you done yet?"

Etrigan most days is a superman level guy

Sentry....is the only one who can actually make Thanos feel his blows considering his feats

post crisis Jonn was not a planet buster. Oh and BTW you seem to have misinterpreted me noting Jonn being physically weaker than supes as "supes would beat him". He wouldn't. Because of Jonns powerset. Physically hes stronger though

Bloodlusted Jonn is not fernus, not when he specifically rips out that part out of himself. Not when he has several other arcs where hes been driven insane / angry without going fernus. Kelly is not the only writer to ever write about Jonn. His statements do not mean much in the context of Jonns entire career under various writers

as it is fernus did exactly nothing to indicate hes above Thanos. His TP wasn't particularly more impressive than regular jonn. He phased supes through a table....and mostly fought the rest of the league with TP

As it is , getting stalemated by plastic man, a dude who nearly had his neck snapped by supes/ barda doesn't particularly help his case here

Even if we assume that he is legitimately above the league physically, that doesn't by any means indicate hes more powerful than say the surfer who can create black holes as a side effect of his blasts

Fernus' feats are a) a bit dodgy b) not partcularly quantifiable c) involve PIS as in all league fights( Speed steal/ Johns BFR as just two eg)

Im not really impressed by you mentioning other debators rather than forming your own arguments. .....mainly because most debators rarely use actual feats while debating fights and more along the lines of " OMG Despero stomped everyone! Hes a team buster" . No he isn't. Nobody was using their speed/ nobody BFRd him/ Flash literally didn't fight at all etc

Fernus is similarly overrated and lacks the feats to indicate he can take out Thanos

DrF8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 12

@thanosii: this team has the potential to defeat the Anihikators 8/10

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 thedailybagel  Moderator  Online

@thegrayghost: I stopped reading after you made it seem that sentry was the most powerful guy here aside from thanos, that says enough.

DeeRock313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zhurong: The main argument is that the angrier hulk gets the stronger hulk gets, and the longer a fight goes on, the angrier he's going to be. The hulk fanboys don't get that there isn't much you can do to make hulk any angrier than he has already been. We've seen it all, unless he's given some additional unrelated powerup that the writers pulled out of their butts. He's already peaked. And just because he's the strongest earth-bound marvel hero, that doesn't mean jack when you put him up against cosmic level planet busters. And anyone who gets stalemated by can't do a think to thanos besides make him have an anierism from their stupidity.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team

TheGrayGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedailybagel: Ho hum. Sentry being the guy who started out by containing the power of a freakin cosmic cube(briefly), him being the only legitimate threat here to Thanos, sounds about right

Also your utter lack of an argument beyond this, is duly noted and your resignation to defeat accepted.

Well done for trying

Batking200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By thedailybagel  Moderator  Online

@thegrayghost: I'm not arguing, something you've failed to grasp since the start of this is that I think thanos wins as well, your picking arguments for nothing. I'm not interested in getting in a back and forth argument with someone who has a nack for always wanting to get the last word In, something you've gained quite the reputation for. If it makes you feel any better sure, continue believing that I 'resignated to defeat' (which doesn't even make sense by the way), hope you feel glad that you won a glorious battle that lasted three replys over an Internet forum, and then used broken English to declare your opponents defeat. Good job.

RaynorNZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_rocketraccoon:

unstable sentry the weakest version stalemated one of the strongest version of hulk, als using abc logic id terrible

Nothing ANYWHERE said it was his weakest version or that he was even weak at all. In fact the comic states quite the opposite a couple of times. And he stalemated a Hulk that was holding back to begin with, though i wouldn't call it a stalemate seeing as one was in a coma and the other was threatening to break a continent just a few seconds later.

Avatar image for the_rocketraccoon
The_RocketRaccoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deerock313: Never said anywhere WW hulk beats Thanos. Someone sayd Sentry can solo thanos and i was trying to prove them wrong.

Avatar image for the_rocketraccoon
The_RocketRaccoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-6078e3dfb955a
deactivated-6078e3dfb955a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sentry could solos if the Void or DS

Avatar image for armlesstigerman
ArmlessTigerMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos pimp slapped the annihilaters with ease, so what is saying that he can't do the same to these six? He is the ultimate prepper, better than batman and he would just take these guys out so easily it makes me want to cry. Unless The Sentry is Void, Thanos curbstomps, their power output is not enough. I mean, Thanos has tanked hits from the likes of Odin and Galactus.

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#148  Edited By RealityWarper
Dark Cloud™

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers