Standard equipment

No Caption Provided

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I don't know much about new 52 captain atom, and white kyle isn't any more powerful than normal.

mikep12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team.

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By New_World_Order

What are White Lantern Kyle Rayner's best feats?

Avatar image for beware_my_power
Beware_My_Power

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mikep12: on paper, and through simple speculation, the white light could be a challenge on its own... idk if CA or H'el would help TOO much, though...

mikep12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By mikep12

@New_World_Order: I'm not sure but I do believe even without the white lantern ring he's planet busted, and taken on all the guardians.

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By New_World_Order

@mikep12: I see, he hasn't done too much to put him that much above his regular incarnation, although I may be wrong so enlighten me if I am. Based off what I've seen of him, he's the weakest in this fight.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By Killemall

@beware_my_power: Captain Atom while limited in feats seems actually pretty powerful. He is a massively powerful energy manipulator, fast enough to hold a conversation with Flash and do his stuffs like matter manipulation with a nanosecond interval (in fact 1 entire page worth of stuff is done in a nanosecond), has complete control of his body, has matter manipulation to such level that is at times appears as reality warping. His powers are further blown up by the fact that he is eventually going to be taken over and he is going to solo the Justice League, a future he saw.

I think Captain Atom, while limited in feat, is by himself a good match for Thanos, and at least by feats (very few of them actually combat related) is potentially the most powerful member in the team, i think that says a lot.

Beware_My_Power

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killemall: yeah, I've developed the bad habit of linking the phrases "New 52" and "Weak" :/

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By XiiX

Team. If what I hear about these versions of the characters are true, Kyle could solo. Captain Atom could probably solo as well.

Beware_My_Power

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xiix: Kyle has limited feats that aren't too impressive, but through speculation, he should keep up with thanos

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By XiiX
ZeroPlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Team ftw !

lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Thanos...He'l dies last...and will annoy Thanos will his teleporting battle style

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero: He's arguably the weakest one on his team................

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By mickey-mouse

@xiix: That teleporting style can be annoying to opponents...Thanos has taken magic energy blasts from Skyfather in Asgaurd...Attacking him with Engery blasts or constructs like Atom & Rayner will do...won't do squat...

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero: Lanterns can teleport too. While his showings are seemingly limited, Kyle(in the version shown above) is packing the power of all 7 colors of the emotional-spectrum. While Captain Atom has simply indicated a higher level of matter-manipulation than I've seen Thanos perform(which would at least be a severe issue, coupled with Captain Atom's ability to perceive time as stationary).

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By mickey-mouse

@xiix: If one of these guys is on Skyfather level then Team...if not Thanos...it's really that simple. At least in my mind.

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By XiiX

@lukehero: But Thanos is still consistently harmed besides by beings less powerful than a pissed off Odin. Just like Flash more consistently comes up short against enemies as durable as a rocked Anti-Monitor. They are called "high-end feats" for a reason, haha.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By mickey-mouse

@xiix: Flash punching the Anti Monitor Armor is PIS, Thanos's Shields have incredible durability...Thanos beat SS with 7 hits, Thanos has enagded in combat with Herc, Thor, Thing, and some other guys all at the same time. Thanos has a crap load of other powers. I still say Thanos takes it. He'l will be quite annoying...

Hulkman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Hulkman123

I think Thanos for now, but I'll be back when the team get more feats.

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero: I know of their durability. All things considered, and how we go by the most recent versions, I don't really consider them unless he's specified to have them. 'Cause it's been about how long since he last used them?

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xiix: Marvel rarely retcons it's characters & officially depowers them such as in the case of Dr. Strange...I still see it as a feat that cannot be ignored.

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero: Oh, if he has them, I agree. I'm just rather wondering if, since he hasn't used them in many arcs so far, they would be considered "standard" at this point.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#28  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@lukehero said:

@xiix: Flash punching the Anti Monitor Armor is PIS, Thanos's Shields have incredible durability...Thanos beat SS with 7 hits, Thanos has enagded in combat with Herc, Thor, Thing, and some other guys all at the same time. Thanos has a crap load of other powers. I still say Thanos takes it. He'l will be quite annoying...

Anti-Monitor was not PIS.

Wally was moving so fast that the Silver Age characters could not even see him, not even Silver Age Superman. The Monitor was weakened but the Silver Age heroes with Wally's speed as a power amp could not shatter his shell - but Wally did. That was Wally near top speeds. The Anti Monitor, despite weakened was much more durable than Thanos considering that all the Silver Age heroes with Wally's speed could not even shatter his shell.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xiix: We have to look at the intent of a character's creation & power levels. What was the intent of the Comics/Movie/TV/Video whoever? How powerful is this character supposed to be? Why show certain things & have that character accomplish certain things? Judging off the intent of Marvel Thanos is supposed to be a huge & powerful threat to the whole Universe. Thanos should beat this team.

TheMagicStik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero said:

@xiix: We have to look at the intent of a character's creation & power levels. What was the intent of the Comics/Movie/TV/Video whoever? How powerful is this character supposed to be? Why show certain things & have that character accomplish certain things? Judging off the intent of Marvel Thanos is supposed to be a huge & powerful threat to the whole Universe. Thanos should beat this team.

Ok Thanos is definitely not a threat to the whole Universe, there are plenty of people that can handle him in the Marvel Universe. You should read the 12 issue Captain Atom run, it was decent and it pretty much shows Captain Atom as a no limits god. CA stomps Thanos solo dolo.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@themagicstik: He got his on the Infinity Gauntlet...I see that as a Universal Threat. I'll pick up a copy. I'm not a scan freak when it comes to powers or feats, but seeing how New 52 Atom seems to have limited showings...do you have any scans?

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero: Thanos has only ever been a threat at a universal-level with adequate prep time. Something he doesn't have here. Without it, he's roughly akin to a low or mid level skyfather(according to many).

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xiix: Yes, that's exactly what I mean. Yes, I know he has no prep here.

Avatar image for czarny_samael666
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By czarny_samael666

Team, too many different power sets, great feats for Cap Atom. When Superman will get some better durability feats, people like H'el will be considered over-planetary level threats.

RocketStark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos tanks a black hole

Thanos got this

Beware_My_Power

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Beware_My_Power

@rocketstark: I think lanterns can creat wormholes with their rings... nonetheless... I give the team a close 6.5/10

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By DarkRaiden

I see Thanos taking this 12/10

mikep12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team FTW

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0
deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I don't know much about new 52 captain atom, and white kyle isn't any more powerful than normal.

What? In Green Lantern 30 The Templar Guardians are wondering if Kyle will become a God,because he's more powerful than they had thought

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser said:

What? In Green Lantern 30 The Templar Guardians are wondering if Kyle will become a God,because he's more powerful than they had thought

I didn't read green lantern 30, but Kyle always seemed to be his normal level after rise of the third army, and he didn't have feats to complement his new status. He couldn't even seem to beat sinestro.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@matchesmalone21 said:

@highaccuser said:

I didn't read green lantern 30, but Kyle always seemed to be his normal level after rise of the third army, and he didn't have feats to complement his new status. He couldn't even seem to beat sinestro.

If you haven't read any Green Lantern: New Guardians comics,how could you ever debate about Kyle? Kyle never have faced Sinestro in New 52,But rather he had faced The First Lantern,Relic,Godkillers.....

Seriously mate you embarassing yourself each time you do this kind of comment without (at least) searching about the characters,I don't want to fight what I want is you become a good debater or everytiem you get that kind of gross awnsers.

At least take a look in some feats okay?

http://www.comicvine.com/kyle-rayner/4005-40431/forums/new-52-green-lantern-kyle-rayner-respect-thread-682317/#124

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@matchesmalone21: I read all the new guardians stuff until after lights out. I may have missed something. Sinestro and Kyle did meet during wrath of the first lantern, and he was able to take kyles ring. Relic stomped Kyle when he wasn't using his anti lantern weapons, but he was harmed by the Templar guardians. IDK who the god killers are.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@matchesmalone21: Okay I've now read the respect thread. He seems slightly more powerful, but more importantly much more versatile with high end empathic powers. The guardians recently ackowledged Kyles power is growing, not sure how that'll play out.

Honestly, one of the reasons I dropped new guardians is because I was ticked off the book never seemed to acknowledge how much more Kyle should be than he was. I want to see some solar system scale serious high end feats, instead I'd never know he was even planetary if he wasn't depicted as being equal to his pre-new 52 version.

Apocalypse3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

New 52 captain atom wins it for the t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@matchesmalone21: Okay I've now read the respect thread. He seems slightly more powerful, but more importantly much more versatile with high end empathic powers. The guardians recently ackowledged Kyles power is growing, not sure how that'll play out.

Honestly, one of the reasons I dropped new guardians is because I was ticked off the book never seemed to acknowledge how much more Kyle should be than he was. I want to see some solar system scale serious high end feats, instead I'd never know he was even planetary if he wasn't depicted as being equal to his pre-new 52 version.

Okay. I understand,but you have to read Green Lantern: New Guardians Annual 2 to see what Kyle is start to becoming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@matchesmalone21: I read all the new guardians stuff until after lights out. I may have missed something. Sinestro and Kyle did meet during wrath of the first lantern, and he was able to take kyles ring. Relic stomped Kyle when he wasn't using his anti lantern weapons, but he was harmed by the Templar guardians. IDK who the god killers are.

I forget they have meet,but Kyle didn't wan't to fight Sinestro and worried to what happened with Korugar,even Sinestro take off his ring doesn't mean much since it came back after.

IIRC Relic stomped Kyle with his probes and other techs,because basically everything he had is built to counter attack Lanterns. I don't reacl the Templars hurt him att all and also Kyle manages to hurt him the last fight

Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Shot

Team stomps.