Thanos VS The Rogues

• 190 results
Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

So we're neglecting he took out the two most powerful members?

No we are not ignoring anything, we are merely incorporating the fact that the entire energy Warlock possessed for the said story came from Thanos.

Warlock, was operating throughout the said story with a portion of Thanos's own energy. The energy discharge Warlock used to defeat Quasar and Surfer originally came from Thanos.

The point is that Thanos did not in fact solo the annihilators. Warlocks intentions don't really change that.

It was not Warlock's intention that changes anything it was the fact that the entirety of energy Warlock was packing for the whole story came from Thanos.

Warlock, as an energy vampire, was merely in possession of Thanos own energy.

Thanos himself took out 2 Annihilators, while Warlock (with Thanos's energy) took out the other 3.

...No it didn't. If the writer wanted to illustrate that he would've fought them all at once. I maintain the annihilators would've overpowered Thanos handily if he'd fought them all at once. Thanos' explainations don't mean crap when they aren't substatiated by feats.

I am not sure I understand what you are arguing. Regardless of the writer's intention it was Thanos own energy, either channeled through Warlock or through Thanos himself, that defeat all 5 Annihilators. The only Annihilator who wasn't defeated was Gladiator.

I do not believe what you think might have happened should be consequential in the debate, and the debate should revolve around what actually happened.

I didn't read the most recent issue of GOTG, but unless something happened in it I don't know about, then it's never been stated how Thanos survived that.

I was not referring to Guardians of the Galaxy story arc, but rather to Thanos Infinity Revelation where Thanos and Warlock from 2 different universes are shown to survive the destruction of their respective universes.

Given you have been referring feats from Thanos Infinity Revelation I presume you are aware of the instance mentioned, though I am more than happy to post scans if necessary.

What the **** is this "no limits fallacy" crap I keep hearing about? Is there some ban on any abilities that have no clearly defined upper limit? Why would there even need to be a ban on that?

Just because an upper limit hasn't been mention doesn't automatically equate to the said ability not having an upper limit, that’s precisely what a no limit fallacy is.

Furthermore, I have seen no reason given, as of yet, that incorporate Thanos ability to teleport, or the fact that Thanos's physical body has been turned into glass, broken and shattered and Thanos still endured everything while travelling through various dimension.

Artyom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Rogues win with BFR and MM as MVP.

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos

Avatar image for xbleeding_edgex
XBleeding_EdgeX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos... I doubt any of them get through his force fields before he mind wipes them into nothingness.

Avatar image for deactivated-652b01b81dedd
deactivated-652b01b81dedd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos.

Someone have something against the Rogues?

This is curb stomp.

Avatar image for supermanwithatan01
Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackstaroblivion: sure is, Thanos loses

@breaking_brads_void: wise talk for a moron with no argument and picking the wrong side.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#160 SC  Moderator

@supermanwithatan01: @breaking_brads_void: Lets not resort to referring/implying other users as being moronic/morons or idiotic/idiots please. Instead try to compliment each other's great and creative username choices! Or… barring that stay on topic and avoid personal insults. Cheers.

thanosii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is the funniest thread I have read in a while, right up there with Batman beating Steve Rogers in a random morals off encounter.

Bfr doesn't work on Thanos since he can teleport through dimensions and time. Reality warping Thanos doesn't work either. Thanos is in total control of his molecules so killing his reflection is useless. Tbh I don't see why Thanos would even bother with the rogues it's like an ant to a lion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thanosii said:

This is the funniest thread I have read in a while, right up there with Batman beating Steve Rogers in a random morals off encounter.

Bfr doesn't work on Thanos since he can teleport through dimensions and time. Reality warping Thanos doesn't work either. Thanos is in total control of his molecules so killing his reflection is useless. Tbh I don't see why Thanos would even bother with the rogues it's like an ant to a lion

Finally.

Someone that gets it.

Nice post man!

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thanosii said:

Such ignorance

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackstaroblivion said:

@supermanwithatan01: Arguments for Rogues?

Mirror Master and Kadabra without the others could win this. Kadabra alone being a reality warper could solo, and McCulloch could literally send Thanos to a pocket mirrorverse where time moves backwards then smashes it. None of the people stating Thanos stomps know anything about the Rogues. 90% of them seem to think that his character IS the IG and all of the feats he had with it are just a day in the park for him.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly Thanos threads are just depressing these days.

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

/overdone

#thestruggle

Avatar image for thenewbluebeetle007
TheNewBlueBeetle007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kadabra is reality warper, Mirror Master for BFR, I've never seen Thanos deal with absolute zero. Rogues are criminally underrated on the vine (no pun intended).

NIGHT-WING-ZAI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser said:

/overdone

#thestruggle

Nah, you're just a Thanos hater. Simple as that

ShadoVvlite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By ShadoVvlite

The Rogues. Kadabra and MM being the MVP.

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@supermanwithatan01 said:

@highaccuser said:

/overdone

#thestruggle

Better than being a troll. I don't hate Thanos but his fanboys are the worst on this site.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser said:

/overdone

#thestruggle

I actually greatly like Thanos as a character, but there comes a point when I feel like he's massively overrated in comparison to other characters. Almost invariably Thanos threads are all "Thanos stomps", with very little logic presented.

NIGHT-WING-ZAI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@night-wing-zai said:

@highaccuser said:

/overdone

#thestruggle

Better than being a troll. I don't hate Thanos but his fanboys are the worst on this site.

Eh, they and can be sometimes but only because they know that he has a legitimate chance to win almost any match he is put on. Flash/Wally fans the worst in the vine. Not saying you are, if you are one, but they are.

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lmfao at this thread. Thanos still and always will stomp...

hirev_starman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@night-wing-zai said:

@highaccuser said:

/overdone

#thestruggle

I actually greatly like Thanos as a character, but there comes a point when I feel like he's massively overrated in comparison to other characters. Almost invariably Thanos threads are all "Thanos stomps", with very little logic presented.

Not all us Thanos fanboys are like that. I know when Thanos doesn't stand a chance in some threads. I'm not like the rest of them who think he can cakewalk anybody. I know he is beatable.

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser: agreed

@night-wing-zai said:

@highaccuser said:

/overdone

#thestruggle

Eh, they and can be sometimes but only because they know that he has a legitimate chance to win almost any match he is put on. Flash/Wally fans the worst in the vine. Not saying you are, if you are one, but they are.

Flash threads can get out of control, but that's for 2 reasons: 1) People don't understand his character's actual powerset and 2) People don't understand his powerset... the PIS/CIS flowed against West in comics, so on comicvine there is no happy center. He's nearly impossible to set a fight with, it's typically unfair 1 way or the other.

Thanos, on the otherhand is overrated solely because of misconstrued feats. Sure he's impressive, I find his character a compelling one. I just disagree with the notion that he doesn't lose to anyone below Odin.

Fanboys suck no matter who the character is, my issue between Flash fans vs Thanos fans (this thread isn't about it so it'll be my last note) is that the Flash may be the most PIS/CIS burdened character in comics for obvious reasons. Thanos, on the otherhand never really suffers from PIS/CIS. He is what he is.

NIGHT-WING-ZAI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@night-wing-zai said:

@night-wing-zai said:

@highaccuser said:

/overdone

#thestruggle

Flash threads can get out of control, but that's for 2 reasons: 1) People don't understand his character's actual powerset and 2) People don't understand his powerset... the PIS/CIS flowed against West in comics, so on comicvine there is no happy center. He's nearly impossible to set a fight with, it's typically unfair 1 way or the other.

Thanos, on the otherhand is overrated solely because of misconstrued feats. Sure he's impressive, I find his character a compelling one. I just disagree with the notion that he doesn't lose to anyone below Odin.

Fanboys suck no matter who the character is, my issue between Flash fans vs Thanos fans (this thread isn't about it so it'll be my last note) is that the Flash may be the most PIS/CIS burdened character in comics for obvious reasons. Thanos, on the otherhand never really suffers from PIS/CIS. He is what he is.

In so many cases too. Yea I find it hard that Thanos is going to beat the Silver Surfer 10/10 times. I never truly understood Wally's PIS/CIS before. But now its under consideration.

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@night-wing-zai:

EXACTLY! Surfer gets no love in any Thanos story. That's garbage to me. Especially with his implied and actual power feats to basically get 1-shotted by Thanos is disrespectful to the character. As for Wally, it's difficult to have a character with his powerset fight nearly anyone in a comic and have them able to react to him, or catch him or something. That's why he always trips at the starting line.

hirev_starman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@night-wing-zai:

EXACTLY! Surfer gets no love in any Thanos story. That's garbage to me. Especially with his implied and actual power feats to basically get 1-shotted by Thanos is disrespectful to the character. As for Wally, it's difficult to have a character with his powerset fight nearly anyone in a comic and have them able to react to him, or catch him or something. That's why he always trips at the starting line.

I read DC comics as well. But I never tried to figure this one out, Who would really win Superman vs Wally?

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hirev_starman: Wally. Too fast and he could simply steal his speed which has been effective to superman. Or he could just beat em to a pulp.

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By XiiX

@highaccuser said:

/overdone

#thestruggle

Yep.

He's one of my favorite Marvel characters, and the overzealousness isn't gonna change that, but it really tests it.

Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xiix: Especially when other powerful characters like Shade and Abra Kadabra get no attention

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mirror Master and Kadabra without the others could win this. Kadabra alone being a reality warper could solo, and McCullough could literally send Thanos to a pocket mirrorverse where time moves backwards then smashes it. None of the people stating Thanos stomps know anything about the Rogues. 90% of them seem to think that his character IS the IG and all of the feats he had with it are just a day in the park for him.

As has been mentioned, Thanos is resistant to reality warping. You may recall (or not...) Thanos has been tossed from death, essentially making him immortal. The only option for the Rogues is BFR and Thanos being BFR'd to a pocket universe is not much of a problem. He can teleport himself (or others) using his standard gear. I'm very familiar with the Rogues. And I don't think Thanos needs the IG to defeat what, for the most part, are street level characters. Kadabra is fairly powerful. Mirror Master is reliant on a gun to do much of anything.

This is really a silly thread that should've been locked a long time ago. The Rogues stand no chance here.

Avatar image for deactivated-6078e3dfb955a
deactivated-6078e3dfb955a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@night-wing-zai said:

@night-wing-zai said:

@highaccuser said:

/overdone

#thestruggle

Meaning Wally West?Flash is the most overrated Character on this site. So is Thanos but more so the Flash.

ancient_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By ancient_god

Avatar image for simon_the_digger
Simon_the_digger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rogues.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly I think Abra could solo. The rest are out of their league though unless Thanos gives Mirror Master time to use some of his hax.

Chazz85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Poor rogues even if barry shows up to help there still dead...

NimaMindTricks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well @killemall thoroughly explained 2 instances of Thanos resisting reality warping on page 1 of this thread and unless someone can show me MM BFRing someone on Thanos' level off the bat, Thanos wins this. Rogues are awesome tho.

Avatar image for deactivated-5da8e253e9df8
deactivated-5da8e253e9df8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos

Avatar image for rebuildofkojima
RebuildofKojima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By RebuildofKojima

No Pied Piper or Turtle?

It all comes down to Abra and Captain Cold then. Thanos wins.

Avatar image for stalin-is-steel
Stalin-Is-Steel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Rogues can only win if they had like, 2 days of prep or something. In a random encounter Thanos TP's all of them or crushes with his speed and strength.

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Isn't this basically Abra Kadabra vs Thanos?