This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Superparody (2011 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos has 3 HOTU's
and 9 IG's that can work in alternate comics
Can he beat the Presence now?
this is a silly thread...isnt it...

#2 Posted by Ziro (1352 posts) - - Show Bio
@Superparody said:
"Thanos has 3 HOTU's and 9 IG's that can work in alternate comics Can he beat the Presence now? this is a silly thread...isnt it..."

Yep. Considering 1 Heart of The Universe= Absolute power, you're essentially multiplying infinity by infinity, which = pointless to the nth degree.
#3 Posted by Reactor (2561 posts) - - Show Bio

The Presence = The One Above All. Thanos can't beat God, unless there's a comic suggesting otherwise that I'd missed.

#4 Posted by Fantasma Ghost (1452 posts) - - Show Bio

HAHAHAHAHAHA! Crazy thread.

#5 Posted by Superparody (2011 posts) - - Show Bio
@Fantasma Ghost said:
" HAHAHAHAHAHA! Crazy thread. "
iam a crazy person
#6 Posted by Ferro Vida (34678 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait until Klandicar sees this.

#7 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15258 posts) - - Show Bio

-_-

#8 Posted by Ziro (1352 posts) - - Show Bio
@Son_of_Magnus said:
"-_- "

I agree.
#9 Posted by glforthewin (2355 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ferro Vida: lol he's gonna flip out. 
#10 Posted by tensor (4317 posts) - - Show Bio

what a joke the presence u could have 10 thanos with ig

#11 Posted by drkcloud (328 posts) - - Show Bio

its an impossible fight to imagine, its like that story of an invincible shield that withstands anything and an invincible sword that cuts through everything. if Thanos with 3 hotus can kill the Presence how is the Presence omnipotent? if The presence can defeat someone with HOTU how exactly does the HOTU grant the user infinite energy?!  most of the time its PIS that lets the character win but if thats out of the picture then.....
 
my vote is for  The presence,  because i have no idea how HOTU would react to DCU, even if it can destroy a whole universe in MU, its powers are still considered a "universal" feat as opposed to omniversal feat that The presence is hypothetically capable of

#12 Posted by King Saturn (224157 posts) - - Show Bio
whats the point of this ? I mean the final answer is as it always is... God cannot kill God... it doesnt matter how many HOTU or IG's Thanos has... you cant kill God... 
Online
#13 Posted by Superparody (2011 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Saturn said:
" whats the point of this ? I mean the final answer is as it always is... God cannot kill God... it doesnt matter how many HOTU or IG's Thanos has... you cant kill God...  "
well maby the presence isnt a god...maby he is a monkey that has ultra magical abilities....we dont know that god can kill god...I am just speculating if thanos can over power god with god like artifacts...though in all honesty this is pretty funny
#14 Posted by King Saturn (224157 posts) - - Show Bio
@Superparody said:
" @King Saturn said:
" whats the point of this ? I mean the final answer is as it always is... God cannot kill God... it doesnt matter how many HOTU or IG's Thanos has... you cant kill God...  "
well maby the presence isnt a god...maby he is a monkey that has ultra magical abilities....we dont know that god can kill god...I am just speculating if thanos can over power god with god like artifacts...though in all honesty this is pretty funny "
well for many years now... The Presence has been respected as God in the DC Multiverse... now if thats changed now... I dont know... 
Online
#15 Edited by drkcloud (328 posts) - - Show Bio
@Superparody: well if he can overpower god, then god isn't really god. to be precise he wouldn't be "THE" god, he would just be "A" god
#16 Posted by King Saturn (224157 posts) - - Show Bio
@drkcloud said:
" @Superparody: well if he can overpower god, then god isn't really god. to be precise he wouldn't be "THE" god, he would just be "A" god "
thats correct
Online
#17 Posted by MrDirector786 (43552 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ferro Vida said:
"Wait until Klandicar sees this. "

He's gonna say crap like "His name means death, he kills anyone, even God for he is death itself" or some crap like that. lol
#18 Posted by Emerald_General_Jai (2306 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah....Thanos still loses, b/c it's God. Not a god, herc n thor i'm lookin at you, THE God. 

#19 Edited by Hellos (8914 posts) - - Show Bio

Just to avoid having people go on a tangent about Thanos losing, the HoTU is included.  

God vs God thats the fight = stalemate no matter what the other does they cannot defeate one another. 
 
/endthread
#20 Posted by Tevnoba (3494 posts) - - Show Bio

IG's do not matter in the least!
 
This is a stalemate.

#21 Posted by Ferro Vida (34678 posts) - - Show Bio
@MrDirector786 said:
" @Ferro Vida said:
"Wait until Klandicar sees this. "
He's gonna say crap like "His name means death, he kills anyone, even God for he is death itself" or some crap like that. lol "
I'm pretty sure you're quoting him there
#22 Posted by Baldy (5021 posts) - - Show Bio
@Superparody said:
"  this is a silly thread...isnt it... "
#23 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
Stalemate.
Moderator
#24 Posted by Ferro Vida (34678 posts) - - Show Bio

I lose

#25 Edited by Superparody (2011 posts) - - Show Bio

I win
#26 Posted by Dane (10596 posts) - - Show Bio

God is God.

#27 Posted by Mortein (2887 posts) - - Show Bio

when you multiply infinity by 3 you still have infinity, so I say it is tie

Online
#28 Posted by Superparody (2011 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mortein said:
"when you multiply infinity by 3 you still have infinity, so I say it is tie "

so your saying there is a certain power cap and ounce you pass that power cap...it doesnt matter how much more power you get you cant beat a person that has less power then you...because he has past that same power cap...
#29 Posted by xyrzrockrain (921 posts) - - Show Bio

Is the HOTU the ACTUAL power of TOAA? 
 
I mean when Thanos had it. He was stated to be omnipotent. Yet he cannot repair the universe without destroying it. 
 
that doesnt sound like truly omnipotent to me. 
 
But you guys no more than me so can you explain it to me?

#30 Posted by Reactor (2561 posts) - - Show Bio

It's because the comic world is far too lenient with the word "omnipotent". You've got like fourteen omnipotent characters, yet some are obviously stronger than others. It creates an obvious paradox, and to rectify it, some suggest there are different levels of omnipotence (or "virtual omnipotence"), which is definitively impossible, as omnipotent = all powerful, and there cannot be different levels of "all-powerful", as that is an oxymoron contradiction.
 
Example: In Marvel, TOAA is omnipotent, LT is omnipotent, PF is omnipotent, Thanos is omnipotent. In DC, The Presence is omnipotent, Spectre is omnipotent, and ION, Parallax, as well as the other emotional manifestations are omnipotent. Thus there is are ever present paradoxial existences. Every so often, some of these characters will be called "Near" or "Nigh-Omnipotent" to try and give themselves a way out.

#31 Posted by xyrzrockrain (921 posts) - - Show Bio
@Reactor said:
" It's because the comic world is far too lenient with the word "omnipotent". You've got like fourteen omnipotent characters, yet some are obviously stronger than others. It creates an obvious paradox, and to rectify it, some suggest there are different levels of omnipotence (or "virtual omnipotence"), which is definitively impossible, as omnipotent = all powerful, and there cannot be different levels of "all-powerful", as that is an oxymoron contradiction.  Example: In Marvel, TOAA is omnipotent, LT is omnipotent, PF is omnipotent, Thanos is omnipotent. In DC, The Presence is omnipotent, Spectre is omnipotent, and ION, Parallax, as well as the other emotional manifestations are omnipotent. Thus there is are ever present paradoxial existences. Every so often, some of these characters will be called "Near" or "Nigh-Omnipotent" to try and give themselves a way out. "
 
Great observation 
 
but 
 
The heart of the universe was stated to be the ACTUAL POWER of TOAA  
but I am having some doubts about this claim though.  
 
@xyrzrockrain said:
" Is the HOTU the ACTUAL power of TOAA?  I mean when Thanos had it. He was stated to be omnipotent. Yet he cannot repair the universe without destroying it.  that doesnt sound like truly omnipotent to me.  But you guys no more than me so can you explain it to me? "
#32 Posted by Superparody (2011 posts) - - Show Bio
@xyrzrockrain said:
" @Reactor said:
" It's because the comic world is far too lenient with the word "omnipotent". You've got like fourteen omnipotent characters, yet some are obviously stronger than others. It creates an obvious paradox, and to rectify it, some suggest there are different levels of omnipotence (or "virtual omnipotence"), which is definitively impossible, as omnipotent = all powerful, and there cannot be different levels of "all-powerful", as that is an oxymoron contradiction.  Example: In Marvel, TOAA is omnipotent, LT is omnipotent, PF is omnipotent, Thanos is omnipotent. In DC, The Presence is omnipotent, Spectre is omnipotent, and ION, Parallax, as well as the other emotional manifestations are omnipotent. Thus there is are ever present paradoxial existences. Every so often, some of these characters will be called "Near" or "Nigh-Omnipotent" to try and give themselves a way out. "
 
Great observation 
 
but 
 
The heart of the universe was stated to be the ACTUAL POWER of TOAA  
but I am having some doubts about this claim though.  
 
@xyrzrockrain said:
" Is the HOTU the ACTUAL power of TOAA?  I mean when Thanos had it. He was stated to be omnipotent. Yet he cannot repair the universe without destroying it.  that doesnt sound like truly omnipotent to me.  But you guys no more than me so can you explain it to me? "
"

its probebly not the actually power of the TOAA...I mean what kinda god leaves his power just floating around
#33 Posted by Satyrquaze (4542 posts) - - Show Bio
@Superparody said:
"Thanos has 3 HOTU's and 9 IG's that can work in alternate comics Can he beat the Presence now? this is a silly thread...isnt it..."

I stand by my repeated messages to you.
#34 Posted by Superparody (2011 posts) - - Show Bio
@Satyrquaze said:
"@Superparody said:
"Thanos has 3 HOTU's and 9 IG's that can work in alternate comics Can he beat the Presence now? this is a silly thread...isnt it..."
I stand by my repeated messages to you. "

hmm...do I know you...?
#35 Posted by Fortified_Hooligan (2008 posts) - - Show Bio
#36 Posted by leonkarlen123 (4453 posts) - - Show Bio

Would be a real good battle. But soon or later The presence would win because he is immortal.

#37 Edited by dorukesin (5913 posts) - - Show Bio

#38 Posted by dondave (37310 posts) - - Show Bio

Why on earth was this bumped?

#39 Posted by Baron_von_Santa (4333 posts) - - Show Bio

someone destroy this thread, call the mods!