Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By XiiX
No Caption Provided

Thanos VS Hulk, Superman, Thor, Martian Manhunter, and Gladiator

Round 1. Physically-based powers and/or abilities only. Hand to hand fight.

Round 2. All abilities allowed, combatants are bloodlusted.

-Win by any means.

-Superman is at "standard" power-levels. Thor has his hammer.

sentry4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Round 1- Thanos loses due to being limited while the team isn't really at all.

Round 2 - Thanos stomps.

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By XiiX

@sentry4 said:

Both Thor and Martian Manhunter are disallowed their most powerful means of attack(mjolnir and telepathy,that round,which are arguably the two most potent out of the entire team)..........

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

R1: Team

R2: Thanos

sentry4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xiix: Your taking away Thano's energy manipulation, which is better than Mjolnir , his tech which at least doubles his durability, and his telepathy which at worst makes MMHs tp useless and at best makes MMHs tp backfire. Basically, the team is going to have to be all physical anyways in the fight because non of their other attacks would even have a chance of hurting Thanos, save Thor's Godblast if Thanos's shields were down.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xiix said:
@sentry4 said:

Both Thor and Martian Manhunter are disallowed their most powerful means of attack(mjolnir and telepathy,that round,which are arguably the two most potent out of the entire team)..........

Well telepathy would be nigh-pointless to be fair if used offensively. But J'onn can protect his team from Thanos telepathy. Tbh, I see the team winning both rounds if they play their cards right and if Superman is Pre-52

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think both rounds could go either way. Especially if Thor gets off something like a godblast in rd 2 I think the team could put him down. Plus with mmh assaulting him mentally to keep him distracted.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Thanos wins both rounds

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spambot: @neongamewave: @leo-343: @sentry4: Thanos is not losing the first round, he is physically superior to everyone in here, he took a blast from Odin without even moving an inch, and Odin stated he was the most powerful foe he had faced in eons. He also shrugged of Thor´s lightning and Black Bolt´s scream to the face like they were nothing, none in the team are capable of seriously hurting Thanos.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82: Shrugging off energy blasts isn't that relevant in a h2h fight though. I mean we all know Thanos is extremely durable and can take a huge beating but he also has his limits. Those are 5 very heavy hitters who could give him a run for his money in a h2h fight imo.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spambot said:

@thor_parker82: Shrugging off energy blasts isn't that relevant in a h2h fight though. I mean we all know Thanos is extremely durable and can take a huge beating but he also has his limits. Those are 5 very heavy hitters who could give him a run for his money in a h2h fight imo.

It is relevant, it shows how durable and how tough Thanos is, the most powerful attack the team can offer is Thor´s lightning or his strikes with Mjolnir, and both have been useless against Thanos, they simply don´t have enough power to take him out.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82: Energy resistance doesn't always = physical resistance. They'd prob have a hard time damaging him though.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spambot: Thor´s mjolnir strikes are still the most powerful attack the team has to offer and they have been useless agains Thanos.

20damon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos, while durable, seems to be a bit overrated just HOW durable he is.... any one of this roster would give him a fight, even if Thanos -would- win, but against this team, he loses both rounds! This combo is just too strong.

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By XiiX

@sentry4: That's what I was pointing out.

Everyone is limited to physical attacks only(in the first round).

The team too.

Avatar image for wolverineistoaa
WolverineIsTOAA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mad Titan

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos both rounds. R1 with more difficulty than R2.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos, both rounds.

sentry4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xiix: I got that. I was saying that regardless of the limit the teams other forms of attacks will be ineffective due to Thanos' energy manipulation and tp resistance. In both rounds it is going to be a fist fight for the team, which I think they would win in a pure h2h fight.

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

team both rounds

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos wins both rounds.

depinhom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

@xiix: The team wins all I think

The magnitude of strength, power, and abilities is immense and too overwhelming for even Thanos

MrHamWallet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not too sure about the first, possibly the first.

Thanos definitely takes the second.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team both rounds. Round 2 a bloodlusted J'onn takes the fight to the astral plane and defeats Thanos in a contest of telepathy.

Avatar image for traskindustries
traskindustries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By traskindustries

@highaccuser said:

Round 2 a bloodlusted J'onn takes the fight to the astral plane and defeats Thanos in a contest of telepathy.

No he wont. I'll give him a stalemate, at best. Team could win rd1, though Thanos is stronger and more durable than any of them, hard to say. Thanos takes rd2 for sure, after a great battle.

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leo-343 said:

1) Team should win

2) Thanos no doubt

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team both rounds. Round 2 a bloodlusted J'onn takes the fight to the astral plane and defeats Thanos in a contest of telepathy.

Thanos is immune to telepathy, he has never been TPed.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser said:

Nor has he ever telepathically overpowered someone as powerful as J'onn and lacks feats to suggest he can.

Avatar image for deactivated-5da8e253e9df8
deactivated-5da8e253e9df8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1) Team has a decent chance. I give it 50/50.

Round 2) I see a repeat of Thanos vs the Annihilators.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82 said:
@highaccuser said:

Nor has he ever telepathically overpowered someone as powerful as J'onn and lacks feats to suggest he can.

I didn´t say he would telepathically overpower MMH, but TP is not a factor here considering Thanos can´t be TPed.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Sy8000

I didn´t say he would telepathically overpower MMH, but TP is not a factor here considering Thanos can´t be TPed.

Why can't J'onn just force Thanos to fight him telepathically? If it's purely a contest of that I fail to see how he'd lose.

NimaMindTricks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1: Probably the Team. It would be an insanely boring fight.

Round 2: Thanos

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team each round w/ difficulties .

Luda12331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

THANOS BOTH

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82 said:

Why can't J'onn just force Thanos to fight him telepathically? If it's purely a contest of that I fail to see how he'd lose.

Because Thanos is immune to TP, he can´t be forced to do anything, TP is a non factor in this battle.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@highaccuser said:
@thor_parker82 said:

Because Thanos is immune to TP, he can´t be forced to do anything, TP is a non factor in this battle.

Thanos isn't immune to telepathy, he has very good telepathic resistance. There are several occasions of telepaths bringing other telepaths with comparable power to the astral plane. It doesn't require overpowering their defenses or forcing them to do anything. It's not hard to make a fight purely a contest of telepathy. Saying that won't work is a no limits fallacy given Thanos has never encountered a telepath of J'onn's tier.

Darksercate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Darksercate

Ok I'm really tired of the thanos hype. Thanos did not face the annihilaters alone he had Adam warlock with him. And the members thanos did face alone fought him one at a time instead of tag teaming him because of obvious PIS.

This team would be challenged by thanos in round 1 but I honestly see no way thanos could possibly come out on top with this teams power. Round 2 thanos gets rekt

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By pooty

@darksercate: Did you read INFINITY? Thors attacks barely budged Thanos. And that was Thanos WITHOUT using shields. Just his own durability. With his shields, the team would have trouble hurting him.

@thor_parker82: @highaccuser: It's also a no limit fallacy to think MM can force Thanos to the Astral Plane. And even if he did, why does that help MM but not help Thanos?

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82 said:
@highaccuser said:
@thor_parker82 said:

Thanos isn't immune to telepathy, he has very good telepathic resistance. There are several occasions of telepaths bringing other telepaths with comparable power to the astral plane. It doesn't require overpowering their defenses or forcing them to do anything. It's not hard to make a fight purely a contest of telepathy. Saying that won't work is a no limits fallacy given Thanos has never encountered a telepath of J'onn's tier.

NOBODY has TPed Thanos, IIRC someone on the Infinity Watch actually stated he was completely immune to TP, don´t take my word for that, but what I am sure is that no one has ever TPed Thanos, he overpowered Galactus in a mental battle, TP is simply not a factor in this fight.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82: Thanos was TPed by Mantis, Cosmo and Moondragon. But it was when he first awoke from being dead. So he has been TPed but never at full power. But he has been TPed. Also it was Moondragon who said Thanos can't be TPed. And that was when she had the mind gem. But when Warlock had the whole Infinity Gauntlet, he made it impossible for anyone possessing a infinity gem to be TPed. Moondragon didn't know Thanos had the reality gem. So he was immune regardless.

@highaccuser: MM is a better telepath then Thanos, no doubt. But i'm concerned about TP resistance. Who's a better telepath: Prof X or Wolverine? Does that mean Prof X can TP wolverine whenever he wants?

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty: Yeah, but Thanos was weakened as hell, no one has TPed Thanos at full power.

Darksercate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty: he resisted three of thors thunder strikes definitely not his strongest attacks

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82: I agree. But in your comment you said NEVER. and you know how specific people can be on comicvine

Overmonitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Overmonitor

@thor_parker82: Thanos was mind raped by Galactus in the beginning of Infinity IIRC. Like totally decimated, he commented nobody had ever done that to him. I have the scans if you can't look them up on Google.

Thanos met him on the Astral plane and tried to overpower him but Galactus easily resisted and then blew Thanos away completely out of the Astral realm.

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By reikai

Thanos stomps both rounds.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty said:

@thor_parker82: I agree. But in your comment you said NEVER. and you know how specific people can be on comicvine

All right :)

@thor_parker82: Thanos was mind raped by Galactus in the beginning of Infinity IIRC. Like totally decimated, he commented nobody had ever done that to him.

I don´t remember that ever happening.

Avatar image for avatar_of_green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Avatar_of_Green

@thor_parker82 said:
@pooty said:

All right :)

@overmonitor said:

@thor_parker82: Thanos was mind raped by Galactus in the beginning of Infinity IIRC. Like totally decimated, he commented nobody had ever done that to him.

Galactus being attacked telepathically by Thanos, using Moondragon as his conduit.
Galactus being attacked telepathically by Thanos, using Moondragon as his conduit.

Galactus says
Galactus says "NO!".
Galactus overpowers Thanos, making him say he'd never seen those skills before.
Galactus overpowers Thanos, making him say he'd never seen those skills before.