No Caption Provided

roronuffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Thanos stomps.

With prep Thanos takes over the universe and kills these guys as an afterthought

TrionAce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos should win.

Ares could be a slight problem though

UberHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By UberHulk

Hulk is the only factor. Can we stop with this Ares crap. What has he done without amps to suggest he's got planet busting power? Thanos isn't as strong or as durable as Hulk. Yes he took multiple blasts from Black Bolt, which is the equivalent of a nuke. He was unable to hurt Thor during Infinity. He goes out of his way to avoid Hulk and before some idiot posts the pimp hand, Thanos primed a nuke, that's why Hulk and Drax didn't fight back, before Thor smashed Thanos. Thanos also chickened out of fighting Gladiator. As powerful as he is, he's still a punk. Current Hulk and Hyperion are written stronger than Thor. Hulk has tanked anti matter blasts, Thanos was killed by an anti matter charge. Many of Thanos' called feats were with amps. An amped Thanos clone was defeated by an amped Thor. An amped, giant Thanos, was defeated by an amped Hulk (X-Man & The Incredible Hulk Annual 1998), Morg almost killed Thanos in cosmic powers 5. When he fought Odin he had a power source, that's an amp. People need to stop overrating Thanos based on what he's done with amps. His best showings are beating the crap out of Silver Surfer and BRB. There is nothing to suggest Thanos is more than a match for Thor, Hulk, Gladiator Hyperion. Although he did survive a black hole he was in his ship when sucked in. Thanos CANNOT die, he reforms. If the rules are the team can win by KO then they win. BFR on Thanos doesn't work as his teleportation powers are extraordinary. I'll post scans later if requested but seriously stop pretending Thanos is unbeatable and stomps everyone, he doesn't.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uberhulk: your being ridiculous now, you 'might' be able to make an argument for hulk being stronger than thanos, saying he's more durable is just insanity... And no, Thanos didn't struggle with thor during infinty, he laughed off his lightning (something which has consistently seriously hurt hulk) and was seconds away from killing him. It was made evident that the avengers would have lost had thane not interfered.

Thanos has always been the top villain of the MU, he's above even teambusters and is a couple notches below skyfathers. As much as it hurts to say it, hulk, thor, or any other powerhouse on their level isn't a match for thanos. Not by a longshot.

Thanos stomps.

UberHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By UberHulk

@thedailybagel: As I said Hulk has tanked anti matter, Thanos was killed by anti matter. In terms of their durability feats puts Hulk far above Thanos, he's tanked gamma rays bombs multiple times which is the equivalent of a direct hit from a supernova.

http://starchild.gsfc.nasa.gov/docs/StarChild/questions/question47.html

What is a gamma-ray burst?

At least once a day, the sky lights up with a spectacular flash of gamma-rays coming from deep space. The brightness of this flash of gamma-rays can temporarily overwhelm all other gamma-ray sources in the universe. The burst can last from a fraction of a second to over a thousand seconds. The time that the burst occurs and the direction from which it will come cannot be predicted. Gamma-ray bursts (GRBs) can release more energy in 10 seconds than the Sun will emit in its entire 10 billion-year lifetime!

http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/astro/snovcn.html

A supernova is an explosion of a massive supergiant star. It may shine with the brightness of 10 billion suns! The total energy output may be 10 (to the power of) 44 joules, as much as the total output of the sun during its 10 billion year lifetime.

He's also tanked a blast that destroyed an entire universe, that's far above anything Thanos has done. Thanos had an amp when he fought Odin, his shield failed against Galactus and he begged Galactus to stop. Besides what's so impressive about tanking blasts with a shield? That's a feat for the shield and his intelligence. As for strength when Thanos lifts a star come back. There's a reason he wanted the power gem. Hulk has infinite strength, confirmed multiple times. Thanos doesn't.

When did I say he struggled with Thor? I said he was unable to hurt Thor. Ebony Maw told Thane the Avengers were going to lose, so no it was not implied the Avengers would have lost by anyone other than Ebony Maw. I know how Thanos has been written, I've read all his stuff recently. As powerful as he is he's written like a punk, regardless of your claims otherwise, as my scans will show once I've prepared them but to start his fight against Champion, who had the power gem. Thanos Quest 1

"His strength seems to grow in direct proportion to his anger. In many ways I assume this is what it would be like battling the Terran behemoth, the Hulk. A conflict I've sought to avoid over the years."

Not only does he admit he's ducked Hulk for years (which is consistent as I'll show later), he also admits Champions was about to beat him, as his force fields are about to crumble.

"The elder does the unexpected. He backs off when victory is only a few blows away".

Here he punks out of fighting Gladiator by BFR him 12 trillion miles away.

No Caption Provided

There's no disputing Thanos is one of Marvel's most powerful characters but claiming he's more powerful than Hulk, Thor, Gladiator or Hyperion is nonsense. There's nothing to suggest that is the case. Whatever high end feat there is for Thanos (without amps) the others have matched and/or topped.

Avatar image for comicsrulebutdbzdoes2
ComicsrulebutDBZdoes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uberhulk: don't be butthurt by the fact that thanos can one shot pimp slap hulk

UberHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By UberHulk

Thanos v Morg. Cosmic Powers 5

Dives for Terrax's axe when fighting Morg, needs an assist from Ganyeme and Terrax.

Fights off Odin with An Amp. Adam Warlock And the Infinity Watch 25

Odin : "Titan, you tap into a power source both dark and nearly limitless".

If he had an unlimited source of power he wouldn't seek out more power so he's using an amp, he took considerably less punishment from both Champion and Galactus before his shields waned.

No Caption Provided

Thanos Begs off Galactus. Thanos 5

Galactus : "Never before have I had to exert myself in order to pierce a mere fore field. Admirable technology but a second blast will"

At which point Thanos begs "Galactus stay your hand! I beseech you to hear my words."

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/beseech

1. To address an earnest or urgent request to; implore: beseech them for help.

2. To request earnestly; beg for: beseech help. See Synonyms at beg.

That's a feat for the shield not for Thanos' own durability.

Thor Fights Arishem The Judge. Thor 300

Thor takes multiple blasts from Arishem the judge, the mightiest of Celestials, who is above skyfather level, without any amps.

Hulk Restrained By In-Betweener Longshot Saves The Marvel Universe 2

During Longshot Saves The Marvel Universe The In-Betweener, who went toe to toe with Galactus in Silver Surfer 18, one of THE most powerful entities in the MU, Skyfather level, split into his two parts, Chaos and Order. As stated by Doctor Strange. Then we see Hulk being restrained and on the next page Choas states "I do not know what to do with him expect waste energy restraining him. He is pure anger and force. I takes nearly everything I have.". Then he lets him go and states "At least I have regained most of my power".

Both Thor and Hulk's feats are superior to Thanos' feats against Odin and Galactus.

Thanos Is Killed by Anti Matter. The Thanos Imperative 3

Drax kills Thanos (for the second time), with an anti matter charge. Thanos regenerates and now can never die. He later kills Drax (not shown).

Hulk Tanks Anti Matter Blasts. Tales to Astonish 78

First Hulk is weakened by a gas designed by Banner to seal off the bodies oxygen (this is before he mutated to breathe in space and underwater). He falls into a pit then he's blasted by anti matter when setting off trip wires. He jumps out shouting "Nothing can keep the Hulk here! Nothing!", a soldier shouts "Nothing expect the strongest concentration of anti matter ever focused on one target!". Hulk is knocked down but not out.

Dr Zaxon then scans Hulk "I can hardly believe these readings! He's a veritable blast furnace of limitless organic power! There is no way to even measure his strength!"

http://science.howstuffworks.com/antimatter2.htm

The amount of antimatter needed to supply the engine for a one-year trip to Mars could be as little as a millionth of a gram, according to a report in that month's issue of Journal of Propulsion and Power.

Matter-antimatter propulsion will be the most efficient propulsion ever developed, because 100 percent of the mass of the matter and antimatter is converted into energy. When matter and antimatter collide, the energy released by their annihilation releases about 10 billion times the energy that chemical energy such as hydrogen and oxygen combustion, the kind used by the space shuttle, releases. Matter-antimatter reactions are 1,000 times more powerful than the nuclear fission produced in nuclear power plants and 300 times more powerful than nuclear fusion energy.

https://www.boundless.com/chemistry/textbooks/boundless-chemistry-textbook/nuclear-chemistry-19/nuclear-fission-137/the-atomic-bomb-544-3501/

Atomic bombs are nuclear weapons that use the energetic output of nuclear fission to produce massive explosions. These bombs (atomic bombs) are in contrast to hydrogen bombs, which use both fission and fusion to power their greater explosive potential.

Three hundred times more potent than a nuke and he took it without being knocked out. Thanos was killed by anti matter, Hulk tanked it.

Thanos Uses Hulk to Attack The Avengers. Again Avoiding A Direct Confrontation. Avengers Assemble 4

Thanos Given a Beat down. Avengers Assemble 8

Having been stripped of a cosmic cube he's given a beat down although makes no effort whatsoever to fight back but it leads into Infinity.

Thanos Attacks Earth Because There Are No Avengers to Defend It. Infinity 1

Corvus Glaive "This is an Earth more favourable than accustomed", "Earth you see she has no Avengers".

Thanos Hammers Black Bolt. Infinity 3 & 4

Black Bolt's scream is at least nuke level and he takes multiple shots. Infinity 3 & 4

Thanos v Thor. Infinity 6

Punches Hulk, who smiles and then gets up, avoids fighting Hulk again as Corvus Glaive and Proxima Midnight attack him instead. Thanos goes toe to toe with Thor, tanking massive blasts of lightning and blows from Mjolnir. Neither of them are hurt.

Thanos Destroys A Planet. Iron Man 55

A shared feat with Drax in his FIRST ever appearance. He beats down Drax, at a time when Drax could fly into stars and tanks supernovas.

Tanks A Black Hole That pulled in Everything From 2 Light Years. Infinity Abyss 1 & 2

Thanos' best durability feat. The black hole, which he created himself as a trap is turned against him. The black hole pulls in everything within a 2 light year (11.76 trillion mile) radius, so it probably pulled in planets, moons and stars. This feat is vastly more impressive than Superman's black hole feats. Thanos was in his ship at the time but the ship is destroyed, as we see in Infinity Abyss 2 when he is recovering in his home. The ship we see is a Skrull research vessel not his ship.

http://earthsky.org/astronomy-essentials/how-far-is-a-light-year

A light-second is the distance light travels in one second, or 7.5 times the distance around Earth’s equator. A light-year is the distance light travels in one year. How far is that? Multiply the number of seconds in one year by the number of kilometers (or miles) that light travels in one second, and there you have it: one light-year. It’s about 9.5 trillion kilometers (5.88 trillion miles).

While this is a sick feat Hulk and Hyperion tanking universes being destroyed tops it. A universe is much larger, 15 billion light years, and when a universe dies there are millions of supernovas and black holes.

http://www.sciencemuseum.org.uk/onlinestuff/snot/how_big_is_the_universe.aspx

Well, we can only measure the universe as far as we can see it. With the best telescopes we have, that's about 15 billion light years (or 90 billion trillion miles - I won't even bother trying to write that out with zeros) in every direction. So at the speed of light, it'd take at least 30 billion years to cross it. That's about 2 billion years longer than the age of the universe itself.

Hulk Tanks Universe Busting Blast. Incredible Hulk 126

The most impressive durability feat by a mortal in the Marvel Universe for over 50 years - until Hyperion survived the collapse of two universes in Avengers 4.

The Hulk smashes something and the force "Illuminates an eons dark COSMOS".

What's a cosmos?

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/cosmos

The universe regarded as an orderly, harmonious whole.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/universe

All matter and energy, including the earth, the galaxies, and the contents of intergalactic space, regarded as a whole.

So a cosmos is the universe and the universe CONTAINS galaxies, plural, not one but plural.

Hulk's thunderclap sends The Night-Crawlers sonic impulses back at him and destroys his cosmos. Stan Lee later references in another issue, he was the editor at the time. "Their combat destroyed that entire universe."

Hyperion Survives The Death of Two Universes Avengers 4

Thanos is on par with the likes of Hulk, Thor, Gladiator and Hyperion (I don't know enough about Silver Surfer). He has comparable strength and durability feats but nothing that puts him above the others, certainly nothing that puts him above Hulk or suggests he could actually beat Hulk.

UberHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicsrulebutdbzdoes2: Can you explain me to how, having posted over 2000 times which obviously means you read considerably more than 2000 posts, you don't even know the pimp hand was a non feat? Try reading comics instead of repeating fanboy crap. People like you give forums like these a bad name. This is what happened. There was no 'pimp hand'. He primed a nuke so Hulk and Drax backed off before Thor smashed him. Thanos slapping them was about as much of a feat as Batman punching Superman.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos pimphands his way to victory.

Avatar image for comicsrulebutdbzdoes2
ComicsrulebutDBZdoes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uberhulk: it's just a saying a joke one which you cannot understand due to your blindness fait in the hulk, me give the forums abad name when you just said hulk has better durability than thanos LOL

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uberhulk: don't be butthurt by the fact that thanos can one shot pimp slap hulk

Exactly........ wait..... did you say "one shot"? No. Thanos can't one shot Hulk. Still For all of Hulks "feats" whenever he faces Thanos...thanos makes hulk look very "un-hulk-ish

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By dondave

Thanos

Drew_Tan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Drew_Tan

Thanos could grab each of these fools and backhand them into submission.

Avatar image for deactivated-5da8e253e9df8
deactivated-5da8e253e9df8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos wins this. But team can put up good fight.

hirev_starman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Thanos wins even without prep

UberHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By UberHulk

@comicsrulebutdbzdoes2 Blindly bumming up a character when EVIDENCE suggests otherwise doesn't help your position and makes you look very foolish indeed. Thanos was killed by anti matter, Hulk tanked it. Thanos tanked a black hole, Hulk tanked the death of universe. That is vastly superior durability but by all means ignore the evidence and make baseless claims.

@pooty There haven't been any meaningful confrontations between them nor has Thanos shown any superiority. There only fight was this in X-Man & The Incredible Hulk Annual 1998. A giant, amped Thanos blasts Hulk. Hulk recovers. Thanos breaks free of Stonehenge prison by using X-Man's powers, X-Man gives Hulk psi-armour, Hulk beats down Thanos, sending him back into the prison. Why Psi-Armour would allow Hulk to beat an amped Thanos isn't explained, maybe Thanos' amps were psionic in nature and the armour countered it but the bottom line is an amped Hulk beat an amped Thanos, just as an amped Thor once beat an amped Thanos (the Thanos and Mangog arc).

I believe the next meeting was in the Avengers Assemble arc in which Hulk whacked Thanos during the beat down. Then in Infinity Thanos punched Hulk once.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Thanos

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uberhulk: That was a thanos clone that fought hulk/xman. and I didn't say Thanos beats Hulk. I said that in all of their confrontations, no matter how short, Thanos has the upper hand

UberHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By UberHulk

@pooty: In their one meaningful meeting Hulk beat him down and that wasn't current Hulk who is considerably stronger and more durable than before. Punching Hulk a couple of times doesn't mean Thanos had the upper hand, punching Hulk makes him mad and we know what happens when he gets mad. Thanos has consistently avoided fighting Hulk one v one. He doesn't fight those he can't beat and those he fears, there's a reason he avoided Gladiator as well.

Yes they were clones but who said they were weaker? Thanos states "They are my own unique blend of Android, clone, and mystical doppelganger.". A clone is a copy not necessary a weaker copy, this clone was amped.

http://goodcomics.comicbookresources.com/2013/08/18/the-abandoned-an-forsaked-will-the-real-thanos-please-stand-up/

Jim Starlin was not a fan. So just mere months after the conclusion of Celestial Quest, Starlin debuted Infinity Abyss, a mini-series that revealed that Thanos had created an army of clones and it was actually CLONES of himself that appeared in the above issues, as he points out in this double-page spread.

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By The_Kidd
pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uberhulk said:

@pooty: In their one meaningful meeting Hulk beat him down and that wasn't current Hulk who is considerably stronger and more durable than before. Punching Hulk a couple of times doesn't mean Thanos had the upper hand, punching Hulk makes him mad and we know what happens when he gets mad. Thanos has consistently avoided fighting Hulk one v one. He doesn't fight those he can't beat and those he fears, there's a reason he avoided Gladiator as well.

Yes they were clones but who said they were weaker? Thanos states "They are my own unique blend of Android, clone, and mystical doppelganger.". A clone is a copy not necessary a weaker copy, this clone was amped.

http://goodcomics.comicbookresources.com/2013/08/18/the-abandoned-an-forsaked-will-the-real-thanos-please-stand-up/

Jim Starlin was not a fan. So just mere months after the conclusion of Celestial Quest, Starlin debuted Infinity Abyss, a mini-series that revealed that Thanos had created an army of clones and it was actually CLONES of himself that appeared in the above issues, as he points out in this double-page spread.

Hulk recently punched a charging hulk many meters away. Then let his lackeys defeat Hulk. Thanos has not avoided Hulk. Thanos made that one statement and every one runs with it. He fought Hulk in Infinity watch. The famous back hand. Just recently in Infinity. Thanos searches out people he thinks are challenges like he did with Tyrant. Thanos didn't back down from Odin. But i'm supposed to think he's scared of Hulk? Thanos fought Champion with the power gem which is nearly identical to fighting the Hulk. We know how that ended. The clones have no feats so all we have is speculation. An amped clone was beaten by an amped Hulk. That tells us nothing. But when it is the actual Thanos, he has always looked better then Hulk

Comicdude360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@uberhulk: the fanboy within this one is strong

:)

UberHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By UberHulk

@pooty: Looking better? He looked better against Galactus as well didn't he, given he fired off a blast, ran away, hid behind his shield and then begged before getting thrashed. How about Avengers Assemble when Hulk and the other Avengers looked better, including Cap? Didn't mean anything does it? Nor does punching Hulk away and avoiding another direct confrontation. You have a handful of punches that did nothing. At no point did Thanos hurt Hulk. That's all you've got. Not really evidence of superiority in any way, taking someone out, that's superiority. What IS consistently shown is Thanos runs away and avoids fighting when he's overmatched. He's avoided Hulk, begged off Galactus, ran away from Tyrant, BFR Champion when he sought revenge after acquiring a new amp, BFR Gladiator, attacked the Earth only because the Avengers were off planet. That is actually what's shown on panel.

Thanos challenged Tyrant, using a power source i.e. amp then when realising he was out of his league ran away. Cosmic Powers 6. "I have withstood you (via an amp) and I have obtained that which I sought"

As I explained AND showed when he faced Odin he was amped. The clones have no feats? The clone that fought Thor was massively amped and destroyed a planet. The clone that fought Hulk was also massively amped.

http://marvel.wikia.com/Thanos_%28Earth-616%29

The Plunderer was ultimately confronted by Ka-Zar, but not before Thanos managed to absorb the energies of the pocket-dimension and the terraforming devices. Filled with power, Thanos began to affect the entire galaxy with his new-found primeval energies and opened various portals throughout the universe. Thanos and the Plunderer were forced to pursue Ka-Zar through rapidly shifting areas of the cosmos, as Ka-Zar had stolen the key for the terraforming machines' power. Ultimately, Thanos, tired of the Plunderer and abandoned him on an unidentified world. Thanos' strength, however, had been depleted and Ka-Zar managed to turn the tables on him by knocking him into an active volcano in the Savage Land. Destroying the key to the terraforming machines, Thanos leaped into the device, hoping to recover his source of power, as the device was destroyed by agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.. Thanos was apparently trapped once more in the pocket-dimension.

Being able to effect galaxies, that is a major feat, of course he did it via an amp. Thanos has sought what Hulk has, limitless power.

Yes we know how his fight with Champion ended. Did you miss the scans in which he admitted Champions was "only a few blows away"? A planet was destroyed and Thanos hid behind his shields. He didn't actually beat Champion. Thanos Quest 1

@comicdude360 I love how people repeat the sale old crap on these forums despite scans showing evidence to the contrary.

Comicdude360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uberhulk: don't really need evidence for common sense. Like @dailybagel: said you could make a case for hulk to have similar strength to Thanos but durability lol. And hulk being a match for Thanos at all is laughable as well. Copy and pasting from from a respect thread doesn't make you an expert.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uberhulk said:

@pooty: Looking better? He looked better against Galactus as well didn't he, given he fired off a blast, ran away, hid behind his shield and then begged before getting thrashed. How about Avengers Assemble when Hulk and the other Avengers looked better, including Cap? Didn't mean anything does it? Nor does punching Hulk away and avoiding another direct confrontation. You have a handful of punches that did nothing. At no point did Thanos hurt Hulk. That's all you've got. Not really evidence of superiority in any way, taking someone out, that's superiority. What IS consistently shown is Thanos runs away and avoids fighting when he's overmatched. He's avoided Hulk, begged off Galactus, ran away from Tyrant, BFR Champion when he sought revenge after acquiring a new amp, BFR Gladiator, attacked the Earth only because the Avengers were off planet. That is actually what's shown on panel.

Thanos challenged Tyrant, using a power source i.e. amp then when realising he was out of his league ran away. Cosmic Powers 6

As I explained AND showed when he faced Odin he was amped. The clones have no feats? The clone that fought Thor was massively amped and destroyed a planet. The clone that fought Hulk was also massively amped.

The Plunderer was ultimately confronted by Ka-Zar, but not before Thanos managed to absorb the energies of the pocket-dimension and the terraforming devices. Filled with power, Thanos began to affect the entire galaxy with his new-found primeval energies and opened various portals throughout the universe. Thanos and the Plunderer were forced to pursue Ka-Zar through rapidly shifting areas of the cosmos, as Ka-Zar had stolen the key for the terraforming machines' power. Ultimately, Thanos, tired of the Plunderer and abandoned him on an unidentified world. Thanos' strength, however, had been depleted and Ka-Zar managed to turn the tables on him by knocking him into an active volcano in the Savage Land. Destroying the key to the terraforming machines, Thanos leaped into the device, hoping to recover his source of power, as the device was destroyed by agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.. Thanos was apparently trapped once more in the pocket-dimension.

Being able to effect galaxies, that is a major feat, of course he did it via an amp. Thanos has sought what Hulk has, limitless power.

Yes we know how his fight with Champion ended. Did you miss the scans in which he admitted Champions was "only a few blows away"? A planet was destroyed and Thanos hid behind his shields. He didn't actually beat Champion. Thanos Quest 1

@comicdude360 I love how people repeat the sale old crap on these forums despite scans showing evidence to the contrary.

Unlike Hulk, Galactus came back and proved he was superior. Hulk had help when he got one punch on Thanos. Hulk didn't land a blow until AFTER Thanos was injured by the cosmic cube. Thanos had no amp against Odin. You're making that up. Before Thanos had the orb, Thanos set out to challenge Tyrant. I didn't say Thanos beat Champion. I said "we know how that ended". meaning Thanos wasn't there to defeat Champion in battle. He was there to get the gem which he did. The clone that fought Thor is not confirmed to be the clone that fought Hulk. Can't compare the two. And you keep saying he avoids hulk when Thanos has faced him a few times.

cooljammy18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By cooljammy18

Where's Ghostravage when you need him? Lol

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By micah007123

@uberhulk said:

Thanos challenged Tyrant, using a power source i.e. amp then when realising he was out of his league ran away. Cosmic Powers 6. "I have withstood you (via an amp) and I have obtained that which I sought"

No Caption Provided

Somehow not thinking Hulk will be a problem.

Comicdude360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5da8e253e9df8
deactivated-5da8e253e9df8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty:

We really shouldnt use any statements by Thanos from before his battle against Odin seriously such as his comment about the Hulk during his battle against Champion. The reason being is that during Thanos fight against Odin Adam Worlock made it a point to state that the true limits of Thanos power had not yet been tested even by Thanos himself.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thing150 said:

@comicdude360 said:

@thing150: now now play nice.

b....bu.......but...buuuuuuuuuuuttttttttt

lol i hate hulk fanboys....they are worse than batman fanboys

and are almost as bad as dbz fanboys

DBZ fanboys aren't bad. It's other peoples reactions towards them that can bring out the fanboy inside, the same fanboy we all have inside.

thing150

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah said:

@thing150 said:

@comicdude360 said:

DBZ fanboys aren't bad. It's other peoples reactions towards them that can bring out the fanboy inside, the same fanboy we all have inside.

no they are the worst...considering they never use feats to back the dumb arguments they have..and they always pull sh*t out of there a$$

its not just dbz fans its anime fanboys in general.....they are the reason i stopped watching anime

are you a dbz fanboy? "gasp"

Physcoreturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So Thanos victor?

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thing150 said:

@micah said:

@thing150 said:

@comicdude360 said:

no they are the worst...considering they never use feats to back the dumb arguments they have..and they always pull sh*t out of there a$$

its not just dbz fans its anime fanboys in general.....they are the reason i stopped watching anime

are you a dbz fanboy? "gasp"

No fanboy here, just a fan of DBZ and anime in general. I use feats and arguments to back up all of my battles, I know some fanboys can be bad but that shouldn't make you stop watching anime all together your missing out on some great stuff. And by the way not all anime fans do that.

TheTruthIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos easily.

UberHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By UberHulk

@comicdude360 don't really need evidence for common sense.

I'm not copying and pasting from anywhere. My work is my own. Claiming Thanos has superior durability in light of Hulk tanking anti matter, which Thanos could not, tanking a universe busting blast, which Thanos has not does nothing for your supposed common sense, it suggests the exact opposite, it suggests it's only your common sense that's lacking it's your comprehension as well. What you're left with is resorting to blind fanboyism.

@micah The punch meant about as much as Thanos blasting Galactus or Morg getting the upper hand when he fought Thanos. As you like punches that don't really mean anything here's an amped Gamora with the time gem, which she didn't know how to use, humiliating Thanos and leaving him spazed with a nerve strike. Warlock And The Infinity Watch 8

And Hulk beating down Thanos before he used the IG to fight back. Funny how those scans are always missed out. Infinity Gauntlet 4

@thing150 First of all flagged.

black bolts scream is not equivalent to a nuke...he has almost torn apart a planet while trying not to let his power out

Really? That would be why the planet wasn't destroyed when he fought Thanos.

sooo lets do some math here

thanos beat black bolt....who has beaten the hulk..hmm i think maybe twice

Drax has killed Thanos twice, Gladiator beat Drax, Hulk beat Gladiator, Hulk has beaten up Thor the last three times they have scrapped, Thanos couldn't hurt Thor. Your point is what?

And Black Bolt hasn't beaten Hulk twice. Incredible Hulk 175

Black Bolt screams, he does not whipser and as we can see the planet isn't desrtoyed.

"The stone shattering sound takes its toll, both on them and on himself!". Black Bolt is down. Hulk falls to his knees seconds later. That's a stalemate.

In the second meeting Hulk beats up the Inhumans and has Black Bolt beaten and limp until Lockjaw teleports them away. Black Bolt then floors Hulk with electricity, he recovers. Given Hulk was fighting the Inhumans and had Black Bolt KTFO before Lockjaw made the save, that's not a 'win' for Black Bolt. Inhumans 12

your post is just a bunch of rambling nonsense, and i'm not sure if you qualify as literate

I think you'll find my arguments are well thought out. You name calling stems from your frustration due to the fact that you don't really have anything to counter my arguments. As for qualifying as literate, that's hilarious, the letters BSc beside my name suggest otherwise. Let's take a look through your statements again :

black bolts scream is not equivalent to a nuke...he has almost torn apart a planet while trying not to let his power out

Which school did you go to? Names start with capital letters. "He has almost torn apart", you're mixing up your tenses, Has is present tense. I'll give you a pass on your poor punctuation.

@pooty Unlike Hulk, Galactus came back and proved he was superior. Hulk had help when he got one punch on Thanos.

Hulk couldn't come back because he was confronted by Proxima Midnight and Corvus Glaive, had a star dropped on him and his throat cut. When that didn't work he was reverted to Banner. Hardly a weak showing.

Hulk didn't land a blow until AFTER Thanos was injured by the cosmic cube.

He wasn't injured by the cosmic cube. There isn't a scratch on him until Thor smashes him with Mjolnir, at which point he starts bleeding. Look at the scans.

Thanos had no amp against Odin. You're making that up.

I'm not making anything up. Odin : "Titan, you tap into a power source both dark and nearly limitless". Thanos does not normally have an unlimited source of power, if he did he wouldn't keep looking for ways to amp his power so he was amped.

Before Thanos had the orb, Thanos set out to challenge Tyrant.

And how did he challenge him? While his lackeys were fighting Tyrant he stole a power source and only once he had it did he fight Tyrant.

I didn't say Thanos beat Champion. I said "we know how that ended". meaning Thanos wasn't there to defeat Champion in battle. He was there to get the gem which he did.

Of course you did.

The clone that fought Thor is not confirmed to be the clone that fought Hulk. Can't compare the two.

He has multiple clones, I didn't say it was the same clone. The clone that fought Hulk effected galaxies before losing his amp (the terraforming machines). It was still a giant Thanos, able to crack X-Man's Psi-Armour, and Nate was an Omega level mutant at the time "I've known heroes, mutant. Don't have the sheer strength to keep it up 'gainst this kind of crushing power."

Confirmation of Nate being Omega Level. Dark X-Men 2.

No Caption Provided

And you keep saying he avoids hulk when Thanos has faced him a few times.

Did he face him in Avengers Assemble? No. Did he face him in Infinity? No. They have not had any meaningful confrontations furthermore it's Thanos who has stated he's avoided Hulk for years. What you and others don't seem to understand that Thanos is a villain and like many major villains he's a power hungry coward who hides behind lackeys and amps, who BFR strong opponents and only takes on fights and challenges he can win. No one is disputing he is powerful and he has some great showings, beating Silver Surfer and BRB his best however there is nothing from a non amped Thanos to put him above Hulk, Thor, Hyperion or Gladiator. If there is show the scans or list references but don't bore me with Thanos is more powerful than xxx or would solo or one shot xxx when cold, hard evidence suggest otherwise.

UberHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jagernutt: Moondragon "Thanos doesn't have the power to face down Odin!" to which Warlock replies "That remains to be seen. The limits of the Titan's might have never been fully tested". Which is true as in most of his other showings before this he had amps as was the case here.

Comicdude360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uberhulk: do you hate Thanos or just love hulk so much you can't accept that he loses to anyone and eventually we will get the uber force to replace chew force. Dude just because hulk is your favorite character doesn't mean he has to win. Your entire argument is based upon abc logic anti matter was a pis story and if you read the scan you are posting it even says that Thanos was out of character during that fight. And he still caused more damage with one hit than hulk and draw did combined. If hulk was really than why is he hurt so bad by thor lightning and lava.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uberhulk: Thanos didn't need to face hulk in infinity because he wasn't a big enough threat. Thanos had his underlings handle Hulk. And they did just that. The clone that fought Thor and Xman had amps. but were defeated by Thor with amps. and hulk was amped up by Xman. In both cases they were clones. in both cases they had amps. In both cases they were beaten with amps. None of those showings are relevant to this battle. Thanos has ALWAYS been able to bolster his power with cosmic power. It's in his bio. Thanos doesn't want near infinite power. He wants infinite power. Saying thats an amp is like saying when hulk gets madder, thats an amp. His goal against Tyrant wasn't to beat him in battle. His goal was to steal from him. You can say Thanos doesn't have better showings then Thor or hulk. but the scans show that Thanos has the upper hand whenever he fights Thor or Hulk.

UberHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty: Thanos didn't need to face hulk in infinity because he wasn't a big enough threat. Thanos had his underlings handle Hulk. And they did just that.

Oh course he wasn't a big enough threat, that's why a star had to be dropped on him, his throat was cut and when that didn't work he had to be reverted to Banner because there was no way to stop the Hulk. His underlings handled Hulk because he could not, he handled Thor, an easier proposition.

The clone that fought Thor and Xman had amps. but were defeated by Thor with amps. and hulk was amped up by Xman. In both cases they were clones. in both cases they had amps. In both cases they were beaten with amps.

All of which I stated earlier.

None of those showings are relevant to this battle. Thanos has ALWAYS been able to bolster his power with cosmic power. It's in his bio. Thanos doesn't want near infinite power. He wants infinite power. Saying thats an amp is like saying when hulk gets madder, thats an amp.

No that's part of Hulk's power set. Thanos has cosmic power but clearly not enough otherwise he wouldn't keep looking for amps!

His goal against Tyrant wasn't to beat him in battle. His goal was to steal from him.

If you read issue 1 it's clear Thanos is looking for a challenge, that was his original goal.

"I crave a challenge-an opponent worthy of Thanos of titan. Thus far my search has yielded nothing but hollow victories". Then later "Finally a challenge worthy of Thanos.", "I must know still more if I am to DUEL this Tyrant".

When he realised he didn't have a prayer against Tyrant he stole the orb then fought him before running away.

You can say Thanos doesn't have better showings then Thor or hulk. but the scans show that Thanos has the upper hand whenever he fights Thor or Hulk.

I suggest you take another look. The scans from IG show Thor beat down Thanos until he used the IG and turned him into glass. Infinity Gauntlet 4

Hulk beat down Thanos until he used the IG. At the end of the story he slapped away Drax and Hulk before Thor smashed him into space. For all his bravado Thanos knew with the IG he was safe and used it when things weren't going to plan. Would have he been so brash without the IG? Unlikely. Would have have fought differently and used his powers instead of just brawling? Probably, at least after a while, he's not stupid.

The Infinity battles shows little, he hit Hulk once, just as Hulk hit him in Avengers Assemble. Thanos knocked down Thor while Thor could only knock back Thanos but still neither was hurt, unlike in Avengers Assemble when Thor drew blood. Hardly superior. There are no judges in these fights, no points, you win by KO. You're left scratching counting punches. Spider-Man has better 'showings' against Thanos, it doesn't mean anything, that's why we use scans and feats. For his supposed superiority the feats do not put Thanos above the others I mentioned.

We'll see how Thanos and Hulk match-up in the upcoming story. Given Starlin is a huge Hulk fan, wrote the comment in Thanos Quest, I doubt their fight, if indeed they actually fight, will be as one sided as some think.

Avatar image for black_of_shadow
Black_Of_Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos

serrure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 17

#46  Edited By serrure

lol this needs to stop... Thanos>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Hulk (edit* Thanos >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Hulk)

No Caption Provided

def seems like Thanos is scared to fight Hulk thats why he was fighting Hulk, Herc, and Thing at the same time

Craulothegreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uberhulk: Thanos repelled a charging Hulk without effort. Then when Hulk tried to rush his underlings, they dodged Hulk's clumsy attack and beat him down. If Hulk can't handle the underlings there is no reason for Thanos to face him. No one is implying that Thanos power is infinite. I'm saying being able to bolster his strength is part of his power set. It's not an amp. an amp is a cosmic cube or IG. Thanos knew he couldn't beat Tyrant from the beginning. Thanos knew tyrant was a Galactus level threat. He wanted to test himself against tyrant. He wanted to fight someone who was better then him to see how well he did. he did better the BRB, Silver Surfer, Gladitor, Jack of hearts combined. At the end of the story, Thanos says "i got what I wanted", which was a good fight and the orb. Thor getting the best of Thanos in Infinity Gauntlet is PIS. Even Spiderman was able to hurt Thanos when Thanos had the IG. Spiderman being able to hurt a being with the IG is enough to prove it's bad writing. Nothing should have hurt him. But in Infinity Thor couldn't even hurt Thanos. Think about it: thor could hurt Thanos with the IG but can't hurt him without the IG??? PIS. and we are talking about Hulk. You didn't post a scan of hulk supposedly beating down thanos. Personally, i don't think a fight between the two will be one sided. Neither will get KO'ed. Hulk will get his hits in. But as usual, Thanos will be shown to have the upper hand

UberHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicdude360: What are you reading? Stop blabbering. How was Thanos out of character, he was mocking Drax, Drax killed him, again. Hulk was not hurt by lava. If you mean the recent fight with his son he was laughing. He also jumped into a planet's lave core and pulled it back together during Planet Hulk. Lightning? A Celestial, above sky father and thus far, far above Thanos, was hurt by a God Blast. The Nulbreaker (WWH) wasn't hurt by lightning, he was BFR'ed but conscious.

The anti matter was PIS because Hulk tanked something Thanos could not, that's your argument isn't it? Lame. You have a handful of scans, the same scans many show to mock Hulk and conversely the same scans people AVOID showing when Thanos doesn't look so great and is on the receiving end. Acceptance? You have the problem with acceptance. Hulk's strength and durability is far above Thanos', that is beyond dispute as the scans show. Why do you think Thanos wanted the power gem? The butt hurt is so great because what you had believed for years is shattered before you eyes and that's why you're crying, basically you're left with "Thanos wins because he's Thanos" or because of the so called pimp slap or became he punched Hulk and not because you can actually support your claims. You're wasting your time with these sort of arguments against me. It might be how you and others debate, it's not how I debate. I have time for people who are knowledgeable and can make well thought out, structured arguments and support those arguments with evidence. There are enough clueless fanboys here you can 'debate' with, reply to them.

thing150

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By thing150

@uberhulk said:

@comicdude360: What are you reading? Stop blabbering. How was Thanos out of character, he was mocking Drax, Drax killed him, again. Hulk was not hurt by lava. If you mean the recent fight with his son he was laughing. He also jumped into a planet's lave core and pulled it back together during Planet Hulk. Lightning? A Celestial, above sky father and thus far, far above Thanos, was hurt by a God Blast. The Nulbreaker (WWH) wasn't hurt by lightning, he was BFR'ed but conscious.

The anti matter was PIS because Hulk tanked something Thanos could not, that's your argument isn't it? Lame. You have a handful of scans, the same scans many show to mock Hulk and conversely the same scans people AVOID showing when Thanos doesn't look so great and is on the receiving end. Acceptance? You have the problem with acceptance. Hulk's strength and durability is far above Thanos', that is beyond dispute as the scans show. Why do you think Thanos wanted the power gem? The butt hurt is so great because what you had believed for years is shattered before you eyes and that's why you're crying, basically you're left with "Thanos wins because he's Thanos" or because of the so called pimp slap or became he punched Hulk and not because you can actually support your claims. You're wasting your time with these sort of arguments against me. It might be how you and others debate, it's not how I debate. I have time for people who are knowledgeable and can make well thought out, structured arguments and support those arguments with evidence. There are enough clueless fanboys here you can 'debate' with, reply to them.

"Hulk was not hurt by lava."

it did hurt him

No Caption Provided

he was hurt by the lava....as the scan above shows

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

THANOS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>hulk