• 102 results
#1 Edited by XiiX (7117 posts) - - Show Bio
#2 Posted by 18hunt (2891 posts) - - Show Bio

Team stomps

#3 Edited by Betatesthighlander1 (7462 posts) - - Show Bio

team should win here, Thanos might be able to beat any of them individually (maybe not Black Adam) but not all of them together.

#4 Edited by JackKnight (2969 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos vs Black adam should be a decent fight.

I don't really know what Etrigan's feats are.

Bizzaro and Lobo both get stomped though.

#5 Posted by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (4788 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos.

#6 Posted by King Saturn (223723 posts) - - Show Bio

It's actually possible the team could win... though Thanos would give them a serious battle. Black Adam would have to fight tactically with the team... because if he goes in guns blazing by himself... he will go out quickly... leaving Bizarro, Etrigan, Lobo... and Bizarro isn't that bright either.

#7 Edited by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (4788 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos is far too intelligent and cunning not to mention his shields are ridiculous. Pretty sure he could atleast mind control Bizarro and possibly Lobo.

#8 Posted by King Saturn (223723 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos is far too intelligent and cunning not to mention his shields are ridiculous. Pretty sure he could atleast mind control Bizarro and possibly Lobo.

But everyone is Bloodlusted here... so this will be a Slugfest. More than like Thanos will be using his Cosmic Radiation to attack along with his Fist and tactical attacking... but I don't think he will use Psionics... perhaps. I still think the intent for this fight is to be a Slugfest though.

#9 Edited by DangerousLoki (715 posts) - - Show Bio

It's hard for me to call this. Thanos is tough enough to crush the team. But I think BA and Bizarro have the means to hurt him.. Lobo too since he can trade hard punches. Etrigan isn't a big factor from his feats. But he might be able to ocupy Thanos allowing the more formidable ones to knock him around until he goes down. But I'd give a slight favor to Thanos as the team depends heavy on cooperation and interaction and Lobo is too Lone wolf. Bizarro isn't smart, and BA I don't know

#10 Posted by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (4788 posts) - - Show Bio

@King Saturn that's possible. Though it's telling when the brains of their team is Entrigan, not saying he's dumb but he's a farcry from Thanos in that regard. They will have trouble getting through his shield and I also can't see them operating well as a team. The 4 of them will probably be at eachothers throats before long lol.

#11 Edited by King Saturn (223723 posts) - - Show Bio

@King Saturn that's possible. Though it's telling when the brains of their team is Entrigan, not saying he's dumb but he's a farcry from Thanos in that regard. They will have trouble getting through his shield and I also can't see them operating well as a team. The 4 of them will probably be at eachothers throats before long lol.

agreed...

#12 Posted by reikai (4004 posts) - - Show Bio

Being bloodlusted doesn't make you a complete raging tool. It just means you're going to do whatever you can to kill the other guy. That means Thanos will use everything in his arsenal to bury them. None of these guys even has the output to hurt Thanos, much lest beat him, let alone get through his shields.

Lobo is just a brick who can regenerate. There's nothing he can do. Bizzaro is just a slightly tougher Superman, and Superman gets stomped. Etrigen has around Supes strength and magic. So he's like Mar-Vell. Thanos beats him to death too. And then Black Adam, who is like an Evil Thor. And what happens to Thor? Oh yes, gets dropped by Thanos too.

#13 Posted by thanobomb1124 (2008 posts) - - Show Bio

Heh

#14 Posted by King Saturn (223723 posts) - - Show Bio

@reikai said:

Being bloodlusted doesn't make you a complete raging tool. It just means you're going to do whatever you can to kill the other guy. That means Thanos will use everything in his arsenal to bury them. None of these guys even has the output to hurt Thanos, much lest beat him, let alone get through his shields.

Lobo is just a brick who can regenerate. There's nothing he can do. Bizzaro is just a slightly tougher Superman, and Superman gets stomped. Etrigen has around Supes strength and magic. So he's like Mar-Vell. Thanos beats him to death too. And then Black Adam, who is like an Evil Thor. And what happens to Thor? Oh yes, gets dropped by Thanos too.

Not totally dude... I don't see how you get being bloodlusted means you will use every single power you have. It simply means you are not holding back in power. But again, that does not mean you will use "everything" that you know... you will more than likely use that which causes the most pain... in this case, Thanos would more than likely being thinking to use Cosmic Energy Blasts because he would think this could clear out more of his opponents quicker than using Psionics or even Molecular Manipulation ( both of which Thanos does not use as often as he does Energy Projection or his Fists anyways )... usually we can speculate and say that Thanos has a stronger skill set than any of his opponents here and say he could use those powers... but that does not mean he will using every skill he has.

#15 Posted by reikai (4004 posts) - - Show Bio

Being more commonly used doesn't mean he won't use other powers at his disposal to end it quickly. He could just as easily teleport Lobo into a black hole and not even bother with him. Coming at Thanos physically is the worst thing they can do. He's stronger than the entire Team and can backhand them as easily as he's done to Drax.

#16 Posted by King Saturn (223723 posts) - - Show Bio

@reikai said:

Being more commonly used doesn't mean he won't use other powers at his disposal to end it quickly. He could just as easily teleport Lobo into a black hole and not even bother with him. Coming at Thanos physically is the worst thing they can do. He's stronger than the entire Team and can backhand them as easily as he's done to Drax.

Correct, but that's true whether Thanos is bloodlusted or not. But Considering Thanos is Bloodlusted here... again, he would more than likely use the Cosmic Energy Projection because it covers more ground that Psionics besides it's one of his primary attacks anyways.

#17 Edited by reikai (4004 posts) - - Show Bio

It won't be his only means of attack. If that doesn't reduce them all to smoking piles, he'll use something else. Of course, if we're still ignoring Bendis crap, then it's Avatar of Death Thanos. And he could reduce them all to dead charred husks.

#18 Posted by King Saturn (223723 posts) - - Show Bio

@reikai said:

It won't be his only means of attack. If that doesn't reduce them all to smoking piles, he'll use something else. Of course, if we're still ignoring Bendis crap, then it's Avatar of Death Thanos. And he could reduce them all to dead charred husks.

Well it depends on how effective the Cosmic Energy Attacks are... I mean it don't make sense to change up strategy if it's working... also, if they get inside on his... Thanos would probably think to use his Fist just because it's a quicker means of attack anyways.

#19 Posted by reikai (4004 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, during Imperative he did kill an Old One infested Cancer-verse Hulk, and Cancerverse figures are stated to be 4x more durable than their 616 counterparts. Think of a 4x more durable Hulk. And then look up and see what Thanos did to him and a small group of other Revengers (evil avengers basically).

If this is that Thanos, then I honestly don't see any hope for these guys.

#20 Posted by laflux (13710 posts) - - Show Bio

I think a case could be argued both ways......

#21 Posted by czarny_samael666 (16888 posts) - - Show Bio

@reikai said:
And then Black Adam, who is like an Evil Thor. And what happens to Thor? Oh yes, gets dropped by Thanos too.

Adam is nothing like Thor. Maybe like Hercules with ability to fly, but he is far below Thor's powers and their best feats.

@king_saturn: @reikai:

Bloodlusted Thanos' presence would hurt their minds. If he will be a walking fury, he will just let his energies (psionic and cosmic) make waste of everything around.

My only concern is Etrigan, since I am not entierly sure how powerfull he is.

Adam is overrated, he doesn't have feats in this level of strength.

team should win here, Thanos might be able to beat any of them individually (maybe not Black Adam) but not all of them together.

Team's only chance is Etrigan, since IDK him. I know that Adam is the easiest one to be defeated here.

#22 Posted by theDCkid (874 posts) - - Show Bio

tThe Team wins here.

#23 Edited by highaccuser (4896 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos stomps easy. I really don't see how this is fair.

#24 Posted by dondave (33410 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos

#25 Edited by Floopay (8574 posts) - - Show Bio

@reikai said:
And then Black Adam, who is like an Evil Thor. And what happens to Thor? Oh yes, gets dropped by Thanos too.

Adam is nothing like Thor. Maybe like Hercules with ability to fly, but he is far below Thor's powers and their best feats.

Bloodlusted Thanos' presence would hurt their minds. If he will be a walking fury, he will just let his energies (psionic and cosmic) make waste of everything around.

@jackknight said:

@betatesthighlander1 said:

Team's only chance is Etrigan, since IDK him. I know that Adam is the easiest one to be defeated here.

How is Black Adam anything like Hercules?

Anyway, Thanos would have my vote...I mean, the guy caught and beat Surfer within an inch of death...without any issue, and the Surfer couldn't put up much of a resistance.

He also was smiling and only got a bloody lip from a Warrior Madness induced Thor's blows....I mean, Thor 8x stronger is pretty ridiculous.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#26 Posted by czarny_samael666 (16888 posts) - - Show Bio

@floopay:

Black Adam is a lfying brick. Thor is guy with hammer that haveh most powers that ever existed. I don't see them as a similar guys when it comes to comparing people.

He also was smiling and only got a bloody lip from a Warrior Madness induced Thor's blows....I mean, Thor 8x stronger is pretty ridiculous.

Thor wasn't in WM in B&T.

But in that fight, he already had Power Gem.

Drax with PG one-shotted Champion (who had magic bracelets atm, that amped him to planet level) and couldn't deal with Thor during Infinity Crusade. PG Thor should be one of the strongest Marvel characters.

#27 Posted by Floopay (8574 posts) - - Show Bio

@floopay:

Black Adam is a lfying brick. Thor is guy with hammer that haveh most powers that ever existed. I don't see them as a similar guys when it comes to comparing people.

Thor wasn't in WM in B&T.

But in that fight, he already had Power Gem.

Drax with PG one-shotted Champion (who had magic bracelets atm, that amped him to planet level) and couldn't deal with Thor during Infinity Crusade. PG Thor should be one of the strongest Marvel characters.

Then why did Odin claim he was afflicted with Warrior's Madness after him and Thanos quit fighting....? :P

I suppose if he's a flying brick. Though Hercules in an extremely skilled fighter, a lot of people think he's a brick, but he's actually one of the best fighters on his level (if not the best).

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#28 Posted by Betatesthighlander1 (7462 posts) - - Show Bio
@floopay said:

@czarny_samael666 said:

@reikai said:

@jackknight said:

Anyway, Thanos would have my vote...I mean, the guy caught and beat Surfer within an inch of death...without any issue, and the Surfer couldn't put up much of a resistance.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

I don't know man, Silver Surfer has killed Thanos, and Thor has beaten the guy before, and any of these guys are about on level with either of those two. the whole smiling thing, while showing remarkable resistance to pain, still betrays his limited durability

#29 Posted by Floopay (8574 posts) - - Show Bio

@floopay said:

@czarny_samael666 said:

@reikai said:

@jackknight said:

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

I don't know man, Silver Surfer has killed Thanos, and Thor has beaten the guy before, and any of these guys are about on level with either of those two. the whole smiling thing, while showing remarkable resistance to pain, still betrays his limited durability

I don't remember Thor ever beating Thanos.

And I don't remember Silver Surfer killing Thanos. Thanos almost killed the Silver Surfer, and left him at death's mercy, but that was about it. The only time Surfer was able to stalemate Thanos was when the two were caught in an illusionary nightmare of sorts, and equal in terms of stats.

Thanos withstood a full blast from the Surfer and it did nothing to him...on two different occasions. He was holding off against blows from Champion and Thor while those two were holding the Power Gem. He had no problem taking 100 megaton blasts to his ears from Quasar. He was tanking blasts from Odin which threatened the destruction of Asgard (he had to stop because of it). He went toe to toe with the Tyrant, and won. He survived an attack from Galactus, who stated he had to strain some effort for the attack. He withstood a barrage from the Runner.

He's not just resistant to pain, he's extremely resistant to injury. He can easily withstand planet busting attacks without so much as scratching his person.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#30 Posted by czarny_samael666 (16888 posts) - - Show Bio

@floopay:

Then why did Odin claim he was afflicted with Warrior's Madness after him and Thanos quit fighting....? :P

Odin was wrong, in the end of that comic and in whole ealier one (Warlock Cronicles IIRC) it was said that it was Odin's fault that Thor gone mad, because he messed with his soul too much when he changed him into human.

That is why IW and Thanos fought with Asgard, they knew that Odin won't listen to their explanation. A specially that Sif and BRB also thought that Thor is in WM.

I suppose if he's a flying brick. Though Hercules in an extremely skilled fighter, a lot of people think he's a brick, but he's actually one of the best fighters on his level (if not the best).

In that case I agree with You. Either way, I belive that Herc is stronger than Adam.

He had no problem taking 100 megaton blasts to his ears from Quasar.

When Thanos did that?

He went toe to toe with the Tyrant, and won.

Draw is the best thing I can give to him...

@betatesthighlander1:

1.Surfer never killeed Thanos. Thanos fake his own death, because he wanted to collect Infinity Gems in secret.

2.Thor never beaten Thanos to my knowledge and I belive that I've seen all their battles. At least not on his own power.

The closest thing he has done was shooting off Thanos with his bomb after IG saga, but Thanos again fake his death, to not be attacked by Avengers, X-Men, Drax, heralds, FF, Strange and other heroes that were present there.

Thor won with Thanos (or Thanosi) in Thor vol 2. (about 25 issue), but both were using magical artifacts to boost themselves. Thor had part of Odin Force in that fight.

When they were fighting in Blood & Thunder, Thor had Power Gem. He couldn't loose that fight, but he was still too weak to put down Thanos. And Mad Titan knew it, so get this blaster to imprison Thor.

#31 Edited by SC (12508 posts) - - Show Bio

I give the team the majority. I find Thanos overhyped. Remember that time he almost killed Silver Surfer? Why don't people mention how pissed off Thanos was listening to Surfer mentioning how Death had started interacting with him so much recently - you know? The Death than Thanos main characterization is to be obsessed with. Then that awkward elevator ride Thanos and Surfer had and Surfer's ignorance as far as how much he was pissing off Thanos but thinking Thanos was just about to help him. A bit of context there you know as opposed to Thanos and Surfer just deciding to fight.

How about Thanos using technology to neutralize Thor and using an experimental gun that he was unusable after that specific moment? Or explaining how they better get Thor to Odin least Thor break out and end them all? Or do are the standards of a stalemate really just that of when a character isn't outright beat? So if I throw a stick at a lion and then climb a tree I guess thats a stalemate too huh? Its funny because fighting against a NON Warriors Madness Thor thats unhinged and with power gem and not being knocked out much like managing to climb a tree without being killed by a lion is an impressive feat and a good showing but inflating is just wiggity wiggity wack yo.

To be honest though I don't think Thanos would stick around for such a fight and would leave such a confrontation. Except he is blood lusted here which is kind of almost a bad thing for Thanos since he loses biggest by having his cunning and intellect undermined by typical bloodlust behavior relative to the other peeps who wouldn't lose as much relatively.

Moderator Online
#32 Posted by 18hunt (2891 posts) - - Show Bio

Etrigan grows giant and crushes him. And helfires him

#33 Posted by GhostRider2 (3229 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos has more problems with SS than with this team.

#34 Posted by czarny_samael666 (16888 posts) - - Show Bio

@sc:

Wow... Hard to say that anything from there really matters or is hidden from other users.

So:

I find Thanos overhyped.

Lol, how someone who can't really die, fights with best Skyfathter, put on his knees Galactus, can take shots from people boosted with most powerfull object in universe (Power Gem), defeating star-buster (Classic Drax) in strength contest that destroys planet as a side-effect can be overhyped and putted against people like Black Adam? Putting him against Bizarro, Lobo and Adam is actually a sign that Thanos is underestimated.

Remember that time he almost killed Silver Surfer?

Not almost - he killed Surfer. With few punches. None of people here can defeat Surfer in one on one. More - Bizarro + Adam + Lobo vs Surfer? Surfer is fauvorite of this battle.

A bit of context there you know as opposed to Thanos and Surfer just deciding to fight.

Nothing is out of context, since Thor nor Drax wouldn't be able to repeat that. If they can't, Adam and Bizarro aren't even close to that.

How about Thanos using technology to neutralize Thor and using an experimental gun that he was unusable after that specific moment?

Quote part in which I've said that Thanos KOd Thor with his strength?

Or maybe I will quote myself:

When they were fighting in Blood & Thunder, Thor had Power Gem. He couldn't loose that fight, but he was still too weak to put down Thanos. And Mad Titan knew it, so get this blaster to imprison Thor.

Or explaining how they better get Thor to Odin least Thor break out and end them all?

Explaning what exactly? That Thor with PG is unstopabble because sooner or later he would be able to tap into universal level of power? Should I quote these characters saying that Thor with PG is a threat to whole universe?

Just to point out what PG really give his wielder:

Or do are the standards of a stalemate really just that of when a character isn't outright beat? So if I throw a stick at a lion and then climb a tree I guess thats a stalemate too huh?

LOL, try to fight with this lion for 10 pages in comic, then we will talk about running away.

Thanos was too durable for PG Thor and thankst to PG, Thor couldn't be KO'd.

To be honest though I don't think Thanos would stick around for such a fight and would leave such a confrontation. Except he is blood lusted here which is kind of almost a bad thing for Thanos since he loses biggest by having his cunning and intellect undermined by typical bloodlust behavior relative to the other peeps who wouldn't lose as much relatively.

You know what? Thanos just one-shot the planet. Everybody dies or is KOd. Prove me wrong.

@18hunt said:

Etrigan grows giant and crushes him. And helfires him

Who was the most powerfull person defeated by Etrigan? I'm serious - I barely know him.

#35 Posted by age_of_ultron_Prime2000 (1217 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos has a chance

#36 Edited by SC (12508 posts) - - Show Bio

Usually by failing to consider relativity. All things can be considered either overhyped or under hyped depending on your frame of reference. Do you presume to magically know my frame of reference to accurately gauge the fairness of my assessment?

Well lets try and be clear here, what issue are you talking about? Cosmic Powers Unlimited series? He could have killed Surfer but Surfer wasn't dead. Its a common misconception though. So what instance are you speaking of please, because I am talking about Cosmic Powers Unlimited in my post.

Here's a test for ability to accurately gauge a persons arguments instead of fallaciously applying a weaker version. What context am I applying here in your understanding? Why do you think I mention context? What context do you believe I asserted is out of context to warrant your assertion nothing is out of context?

Quote part in which I've said that Thanos KOd Thor with his strength?

Quote the part in which I dispute what you said or replied to you at all?

I won't address your other assertions, because I do not know what they have to do with my post, and based on above I am not quite sure if you accurately understand anything of my post, so I'll wait so you can clarify with above.

Moderator Online
#37 Posted by czarny_samael666 (16888 posts) - - Show Bio

@sc:

Usually by failing to consider relativity. All things can be considered either overhyped or under hyped depending on your frame of reference. Do you presume to magically know my frame of reference to accurately gauge the fairness of my assessment?

You said that Thanos is overhyped, which is impossible considering all his feats and who is placed against him in this battle.

Well lets try and be clear here, what issue are you talking about? Cosmic Powers Unlimited series? He could have killed Surfer but Surfer wasn't dead. Its a common misconception though. So what instance are you speaking of please, because I am talking about Cosmic Powers Unlimited in my post.

If Surfer wouldn't die, Thanos wouldn't be able to reach Death's realm. That was the point of this situation.

Here's a test for ability to accurately gauge a persons arguments instead of fallaciously applying a weaker version. What context am I applying here in your understanding? Why do you think I mention context? What context do you believe I asserted is out of context to warrant your assertion nothing is out of context?

There would be context behind it, if Thanos would be actually boosted or Surfer weakned. Or is Surfer would allow Thanos to do it. Everything else is irrelevant.

Quote the part in which I dispute what you said or replied to you at all?

You replied to all Thanos supporters here suggesting that we're hiding something behind context of his fights.

#38 Edited by SC (12508 posts) - - Show Bio

@czarny_samael666 said:

Oh and sorry, wanted to address this too, I can't prove you wrong, Thanos is a fictional character, the argument you make isn't mutually exclusive, and is a common fallacious argument (usually applied with burden of proof, absences of evidence, evidence of absence and proving negatives etc) thats easy to mock by pointing out that just like I can't prove an entity with limitless abilities by virtue of being fictional sharing that trait with other fictional entities can't also be proven to not be liable to the same treatment. Aka You Prove Me wrong when I challenge you with the situation that Lobo tells Thanos his IQ and knowledge of comics and real life logic arguments lack severely compared to Lobo's before slap his head clean off decapitating before mating with Death over Thanos crying bloated gassy overhyped body (or limitless other scenarios). Prove me wrong "lol" and so forth. So of course i can't prove you wrong. Unless you are dealing with a shared consensus on a entity or objects factual limits and constraints and properties (real life science) then those very same things fluctuating, inconsistent and changeable characteristics renders the ability to prove things inherently false. The best you can hope for is appealing to consistency or intent. Of course by demonstrating this lack of exclusivity I do chip away at the foundational basis of your statement, discrediting it as an exclusive or more importantly good argument. Heh thanks.

Moderator Online
#39 Posted by SC (12508 posts) - - Show Bio

Not impossible, if it was impossible for Thanos to be overhyped then a person comparing Thanos as an equal to a character like Living Tribunal would not be guilty of overhyping him. You assume that I am comparing Thanos to parameters you project. Please don't assume it just wastes both our time.

What you say here has no bearing on my assertion that Silver Surfer was not dead and your assertion that he was. Thanos states that Surfer has a flicker of life in him. It appears I have a more rigid standard than you when it comes to definitions of death. Thats fine, just please don't try to project your looser definition on to me, it is very accurate and proper to say as I did "remember that time he almost killed Surfer = translate remember that time Thanos purposefully kept Surfer alive with a flicker of life to give as a present to Death" now if you wish to word the situation differently all the power to you.

I am not entirely sure you are applying the term context as I am. There is always context. Do you not believe that motivation affects ability? So again it seems like your trying to project your standards on to mine. I'd doubt Marvel would hire any writer who wouldn't understand a characters ability to alter based on their motivation and personality, we know in real life its a fact that motivation and personality influence ability, so the reasoning that a characters ability would be a factor as far as motivation or personality I find incompatible with reason. I am perfectly fine with you believing or understanding what you wish, just realize the parameters I am operating with, cheers. Oh and you didn't actually put forward my argument or its reasoning which leads me to believe you just didn't understand it and instead substituted it with an argument along the lines of "Thanos was boosted" and anything else but that argument or "Surfer is weakened" is irrelevant.

Actually no, as explained intent among many other factors is relevant. An angry and jealous Thanos (Character A) is a different Thanos to a apathetic and calm Thanos (Character A) is different to Thanos (Character A) aiming to met an objective. All these things are relevant because they affect action and ability. So your assertion that everything else is irrelevant I find simplistic and non applicable as well as now refuted. I mention character A because this is not an argument that is Thanos specific.

I suggest no such thing I am afraid, I apologize if you assumed otherwise. People in general hide context, or fail to consider context, and that fact has no bearing on one character in a negative or positive sense. My assertions are non exclusive to any one character or their supporters.

I hope that helps clear things up for you. To clarify even more! Thanos supporters don't fret, I am not suggesting any of you are hiding anything, anymore so than everyone ever. I give you word of Infinity - Jonathan Hickman's new project coming out starring Thanos. Good day to you all.

Moderator Online
#40 Posted by New_World_Order (12338 posts) - - Show Bio

Team.

#41 Posted by czarny_samael666 (16888 posts) - - Show Bio

@sc:

1.You're messing around, nothing more. You clearly want to miss the question: Can Black Adam and other people from team 2 survive explosion of planet and still be able to fight.

2.I know that You belive that people on CV overestimate Thanos, but this thread is proof they don't, because Thanos is above these guys, so he should never be putted in battle against them.

3."Looser definition"? Heh, funny, but I won't even comment that. What matters - they were both present in Death's realm and that he beat Surfer to come there. If it makes any difference for You, then Surfer had some little spark of life in him. And he came back ONLY becuase Thanos wanted it. But as You can see - Thanos later said:

"Only I know the path between this realm and the plane of the living".

As much dead as it matters.

4.Thanos pathetic? Even less funny that thing about Surfer being alive. Compared to which character?

Differences You're trying to made relevant are completly useless in this thread. Thanos is not Thor, who is holding back whole the time. Thanos was never defeated by anyone in Black Adam's level, which makes Your point completly irrelevant. There is context behind everything, but we're using term "context" when it changes our perspective about the battle. Nothing in mentioned battles change that perspective, because there is no plot that would make that feats unrepeatable.

So, no Your all examples are irrelevant to our case.

Thanos wins this battle by destroying planet on which they are fighting (possibly Earth, since BF wasn't specified), until You or someone else will prove that they can survive such an explosion and still being able to fight.

#42 Posted by czarny_samael666 (16888 posts) - - Show Bio
#43 Posted by Picallo3798 (183 posts) - - Show Bio

Im un-certain about the team on this one. Simply because Thanos can mind rape. Nothing is faster than the speed of thought and BA has fallen to mind rape before from Darkseid. Thanos's telepathy powers peak is unknown so its hard to say if he's powerful enough to take down all of them, but I think he could take down 1 or 2 leaving him physically 100% for the remainder of the battle. Thanos vs only 2 of this team regardless of which 2 it is would not beat Thanos. If his mind rapage would fail though then I think the team could overwhelm him ftw.

#44 Edited by SC (12508 posts) - - Show Bio

@sc:

1.You're messing around, nothing more. You clearly want to miss the question: Can Black Adam and other people from team 2 survive explosion of planet and still be able to fight. 2.I know that You belive that people on CV overestimate Thanos, but this thread is proof they don't, because Thanos is above these guys, so he should never be putted in battle against them. 3."Looser definition"? Heh, funny, but I won't even comment that. What matters - they were both present in Death's realm and that he beat Surfer to come there. If it makes any difference for You, then Surfer had some little spark of life in him. And he came back ONLY becuase Thanos wanted it. But as You can see - Thanos later said: "Only I know the path between this realm and the plane of the living". As much dead as it matters. 4.Thanos pathetic? Even less funny that thing about Surfer being alive. Compared to which character? There is context behind everything, but we're using term "context" when it changes our perspective about the battle. Nothing in mentioned battles change that perspective, because there is no plot that would make that feats unrepeatable. So, no Your all examples are irrelevant to our case. Thanos wins this battle by destroying planet on which they are fighting (possibly Earth, since BF wasn't specified), until You or someone else will prove that they can survive such an explosion and still being able to fight.

Please don't project the idea I am messing around and nothing more - I am not sure whether you are personally offended, or overly sensitive and this is how you cope, or whether you can't understand my posts and so presume such motivations, and I won't pretend to know, but if you sincerely believed I was messing around why would you bother to reply to me, unless this is some tactic you employ against people who disagree with you resulting in you apply ad hominem arguments. So I'll say this just once, please keep your comments, replies and argument strictly centered on the characters and arguments. There should be absolutely no need for you to feel free about postulating what I am here for or my motivations. That is irrelevant. I'll take the liberty of removing any of your replies that fail to actually address on topic and see what we are left with. On topic please and thanks.

Your question of whether fictional characters can survive the explosion of a planet and still be able to fight? Sure, probably. Not 100 percent of the time, planets have different sizes and makes up, and so the relative explosions needed to cause a planet will differ dramatically leaving plenty of room for such characters as ones discussed in this thread to survive and fight on from.

The idea that a singular thread involving characters renders the value and perceived value of a character because of multiple reasons untrue is problematic. First you actually have to be aware of the reasons, ideas and criteria behind the assertion a character is overhyped before attacking or dismissing the validity of the assertion. Then one singular assertion citing a reason he may not be overhyped (his inclusion in such a thread) doesn't therefore render any opposing reasoning moot, and the funny thing is if this was to be accepted as a sound premise, all characters would therefore be reduced to equal parts overrated, underrated and rated making the terms inherently meaningless. So that overall idea is unsound.

Of course it makes a difference to me, why say Thanos killed Silver Surfer when I can say he almost killed Silver Surfer because I value accuracy and fairness. Its a framing reference, to sell the idea that "little details" like Thor not having warriors madness when he fought Thanos, or that Thor in his second volume beat a Thanosi instead of Thanos because of a retcon, or so on actually can help provide deeper context. There is always more room for context, like in my second post i expanded on how Thanos probably could have killed Surfer quite easily but didn't to give Surfer as a gift to Death. Just like Surfer appeared a bit caught off guard against Thanos and the nature of their conversation before the fight took place. All adds up. So yes it makes difference for me, I like details like that, if you don't thats fine.

Thanos pathetic? Did you read my post and read apathetic as pathetic? Easy mistake to make, let me help you understand better, apathetic, the word i used is a word that basically means lack of concern or care. Indifference. Its a frame of mind. I do not think Thanos is pathetic, I actually like Thanos quite a lot, I was giving you an example of a characters mindset. Okay after that you go on to assume a bunch and make fallacious arguments I already addressed and rebuked. Until someone constructs a new hyper argument that would revolutionize philosophy, science, theology telling people that the burden of proof is on them to prove an assertion wrong without actually giving an exclusive evidence or reasoning that isn't as applicable to the arguments the assertion seeks to dismiss your argument is structurally unsound before you even get to the specific details of this thread such as characters names and feats.

Moderator Online
#45 Posted by Killemall (18173 posts) - - Show Bio

@sc: I see your point, but Thanos has essentially beaten people comparable to those where you pointed out context (and i for one agree there were context that are often ignored when debating).

Thanos however essentially walked all over Fallen One though, who should be comparable to Silver Surfer, going purely by the hyperbole surrounding him as one of the most powerful herald of Galactus.

Thanos also did match Thor with power gem, when the same Thor one after another pretty easily got the better of Silver Sufer, Drax, Adam Warlock, Beta Ray bill and later Surfer and Warlock together, and those were before they even got the gem.

Thanos was the only one who stood up against Tyrant (albiet in a fight Tyrant would have won rather comprehensively) but he performed much better than group of heroes manages in two different encounters.

Thanos also totally overpowered Lord Mar Vell, the same guy who rather handily beat Surfer, Quasar, and Nova Prime together, well before Thanos , thanks to plot, offered him his life.

Then we have Thanos being the only person capable of fighting Rot where Avengers were getting knocked out by merely come in contact with Rot's energy. That however has been retconned as being a Thanoside so i suppose we could ignore that.

We also have Thanos fought and do extremely well against Kosmos, a cosmic cube being, albiet constrained in human body which made her vulnerable, and Gladiator was too scared to confront her.

I really fell there is plenty that shows Thanos has a pretty decent change against this team, speed notwithstanding, because thats one weakness for Thanos as how fast his reaction is is unknown apart from we know he has enhanced reaction as evident by his bios.

Perhaps its my perspective but given how Odin himself struggled to put Thanos down, despite being pretty enraged in the fact that he showed up on Asgard, started attacking Asgardian and had unconscious body of Thor, when the same Odin one shotted both Silver Surfer and Drax speak volume about his durability.

And thats not going his shield, which at times have shown the ability to dissolve molecules, his energy projection (he matched Inbetweener power for a short time, he also essentially killed Rot and made the every universe scream, although he had lady death just besides him the whole time), his telepathy, his ability to teleport his opponents away essentially giving him the opportunity to fight a smaller number at any given time, his molecule manipulation (i however understand his performance with this has been questionable). '

I really maintain Thanos should have a pretty solid chance of victory, but i am happy to see your perspective on this :)

BTW apologies in advance, i know i am going to have like 100 grammatical errors, cant help , my English sucks :p

#46 Posted by thanobomb1124 (2008 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos.

#47 Posted by reikai (4004 posts) - - Show Bio

Then we have Thanos being the only person capable of fighting Rot where Avengers were getting knocked out by merely come in contact with Rot's energy. That however has been retconned as being a Thanoside so i suppose we could ignore that.

That was actually the real Thanos in "Celestial Quest". The Thanosi didn't really show up until "Infinity Abyss" where they threatened to destroy the universe. There were Thanosi clones, like the one who took the Map of All Ending from Odin, and the other who took the Teraforming Force from the Savage Lands and was bested by Ka-zarr who tricked the Thanosi into a volcano (it was a terrible story).

It was the same Thanosi that Hulk and X-Man had to face off with when the clone tried to escape from that dimension. Death seemed quite square about the Thanos in "Celestial Quest" as being the real one, and you'd think that Death and Eternity would know the real Thanos from a fake. Like much earlier during Thanos Quest when he was getting the Infinity Gems and said that Gamemaster could've easily seen the Thanos whom he was dealing with was an Android if he'd bother to have used the Mind Gem beforehand.

Thanos did destroy the Rot, though that required him to absorb energy directly from Death herself to do so, since they were the ones who had created it. But Thanos is still a tricky one. His plans are not always as they seem. It looked like he wanted to kill Quoi, the Celestial Messiah. But he could've done that easily without having to enter a Mental Domain where Quoi shared the experiences his mother, Mantis, had during her encounter with Thanos there.

Maybe all he really wanted to do was tell off Death. But he can hardly fool even himself. There was some form of reconciliation between Thanos and his father, Mentor, during all that. And when the Rot was destroyed, Death accepted Thanos again (which we take as permitting him the ability to die and was no longer banned from her realm). Thanos did seem to reject her sentiment before teleporting away, but we all know the only thing he really wants is to make her happy and be regarded as her equal.

That is what made Thanos Samaritan and Annihilation so key for him. And in Annihilation Death explained to him that all Thanos had done was give her what she already was, not what she actually desired. It was in that that he began to really understand her. Of course, that relationship soured when he was brought back to life in Imperative.

#48 Edited by SC (12508 posts) - - Show Bio

@sc: I see your point, but Thanos has essentially beaten people comparable to those where you pointed out context (and i for one agree there were context that are often ignored when debating). Thanos however essentially walked all over Fallen One though, who should be comparable to Silver Surfer, going purely by the hyperbole surrounding him as one of the most powerful herald of Galactus. Thanos also did match Thor with power gem, when the same Thor one after another pretty easily got the better of Silver Sufer, Drax, Adam Warlock, Beta Ray bill and later Surfer and Warlock together, and those were before they even got the gem. Thanos was the only one who stood up against Tyrant (albiet in a fight Tyrant would have won rather comprehensively) but he performed much better than group of heroes manages in two different encounters. Thanos also totally overpowered Lord Mar Vell, the same guy who rather handily beat Surfer, Quasar, and Nova Prime together, well before Thanos , thanks to plot, offered him his life. Then we have Thanos being the only person capable of fighting Rot where Avengers were getting knocked out by merely come in contact with Rot's energy. That however has been retconned as being a Thanoside so i suppose we could ignore that. We also have Thanos fought and do extremely well against Kosmos, a cosmic cube being, albiet constrained in human body which made her vulnerable, and Gladiator was too scared to confront her. I really fell there is plenty that shows Thanos has a pretty decent change against this team, speed notwithstanding, because thats one weakness for Thanos as how fast his reaction is is unknown apart from we know he has enhanced reaction as evident by his bios. Perhaps its my perspective but given how Odin himself struggled to put Thanos down, despite being pretty enraged in the fact that he showed up on Asgard, started attacking Asgardian and had unconscious body of Thor, when the same Odin one shotted both Silver Surfer and Drax speak volume about his durability. And thats not going his shield, which at times have shown the ability to dissolve molecules, his energy projection (he matched Inbetweener power for a short time, he also essentially killed Rot and made the every universe scream, although he had lady death just besides him the whole time), his telepathy, his ability to teleport his opponents away essentially giving him the opportunity to fight a smaller number at any given time, his molecule manipulation (i however understand his performance with this has been questionable). ' I really maintain Thanos should have a pretty solid chance of victory, but i am happy to see your perspective on this :) BTW apologies in advance, i know i am going to have like 100 grammatical errors, cant help , my English sucks :p

You have great knowledge on these characters, that I know, I am curious about a few things. I'll change up my questions though from the order you raise points. Why would you assert that the Fallen One should be comparable to Silver Surfer as opposed to could be comparable to Silver Surfer based on hyperbole. Those are some tricky words when you come to should, could and would especially as far as how they apply in fiction. You use hyperbole for basis for a should? Not unreasonable but also opens up a hole as far as other characters too, like based on hyperbole Glory should be well comparable to a character like Odin, in fact in excess to Odin based on hyperbole but does that mean based on Thor's experience with Glory Thor should anything? Or is it more reasonable to know that because of Glory's throw away nature and design as a Thor antagonist for a mini series Thor's and Thor's inconsistent nature its more of a could. Basically what I am saying is I don't think current Thanos would have as an easy time with current Silver Surfer. Could he? Certainly. Should he? A lot more complicated and deals with too much subjective interpretation (like how much relative validity and stock should hyperbole and even actions be given)

When you use the word match, well there are two ways to apply the word, in a singular sense or plural. I do not disagree that Thanos did match Thor with power gem, but I do not disagree either that at some point Thanos could no longer match Thor and retired because of that and used an external means of neutralizing Thor (Thor who was also using an external source of power not his own, and also a Thor whose power was increasing as he tapped more and more into the gem) so its as reasonable to say Thanos couldn't match Thor with a power gem. Sure he did temporarily, but not as an ongoing venture. In any sense it doesn't really matter because I do not think any of the DC characters here are similar to a power gem powered Thor anyway, but I also don't think that because Thanos has dealt with very powerful individuals with raw power like Kosmos means he can deal with four "Thor type" beings (they aren't really like Thor but probably more like Thor than say Kosmos) attacking at once with all characters in bloodlust. To use Thor as an example again, at times in the past he matched Zeus, but it could be a bit much to use that as a basis that Thor would always match Zeus without Zeus probably eventually overcoming Thor.

Oh and you are discounting the speed advantage? I consider Thanos as having deus ex machine speed. Marvel has never prioritized objective standards of reaction speeds, they usually have fast characters and slow characters and characters that are neither, which means you hardily ever see really super fast characters showing up really fast characters and there isn't speed creep occurring, but at the same time when and if a character like Thanos fights a character like say Silver Surfer or Gladiator speed won't be their advantage they way it was for Runner. So I don't think he will be at a huge disadvantage here against two DC characters who had traditionally as I am lead to believe demonstrated superior speed feats, but I do think gives them an extra edge in this, especially as far as numbers games goes. Unless Thanos can one shot some of these characters here and considering he is bloodlust I would expect him to get tagged with cheap shots. His attention would have to be split and three is kind of a magic number when it comes to brains presumably event Thanos brain him being a hominid and all.

In my opinion and gauging of Thanos, I think he would have a better chance not blood lusted and in a more critically aware frame of mind with 5 mins of preparation. If he does win he will have to rely on his superior cunning than raw power. To me it fits Thanos character better that his cunning is what makes him more dangerous, so removing that with blood lust condition is almost like a disadvantage Raw power he must content with mind you that comes in fours and comes hard and fast from multiple angles and experience fighting (as opposed to a lot of Thanos most impressive victories) Oh hey, you shouldn't be so down on your English and grammar, its superb and more than that you are always polite and patient person, it makes discussing comics with you an enjoyable and welcoming discussion, and that is what these threads should be like. Oh and I definitely think is a match that could end with either result, but still siding with DC team ultimately if pressing for a hard answer.

Oh and mind you, I think its odd, but they ended up retconning the Thanos from that Sequoi story, Celestial Madonna series, the one with Rot and Death and Quoi. Not sure why, Thanos appearance there wasn't that bad to warrant it and now there needs to be so much explanation to explain away Deaths/Rots appearance and all that, but its a Thanosi now too. I still consider its feats applicable to Thanos though but I believe you are interested in all that sort of continuity canon stuff, so figured would mention.

Moderator Online
#49 Posted by SC (12508 posts) - - Show Bio

@reikai said:

That was actually the real Thanos in "Celestial Quest". The Thanosi didn't really show up until "Infinity Abyss" where they threatened to destroy the universe. There were Thanosi clones, like the one who took the Map of All Ending from Odin, and the other who took the Teraforming Force from the Savage Lands and was bested by Ka-zarr who tricked the Thanosi into a volcano (it was a terrible story).

The reason some people say its retconned is because thats the appraisal of that situation as far as the Official Handbooks are concerned. Unless you are already aware of this and have some new information of knowledge that may possible override that fact? Chronologically its all wonky and even more so is the story - does that mean Death in that story wasn't Death? Or Rot wasn't Rot? Or some other weird combination. Still. Hope that helps and that Ka-zarr story was really bad. lol

Moderator Online
#50 Posted by momo111191 (245 posts) - - Show Bio

team stomps