• 150 results
#101 Edited by unBREAKable_Fs4 (1631 posts) - - Show Bio

@mikep12: They would have to get passed his shields to touch him, let alone get inside him.

#102 Posted by mikep12 (4142 posts) - - Show Bio

@unbreakable_fs4: Something he's not likely to do right away so he does thanos fell having superman punch his eyes out or tear threw his brain and other internal organs . The team takes this

#103 Edited by unBREAKable_Fs4 (1631 posts) - - Show Bio

@mikep12: How is he not likely to do this? It's in his character to come up with countermeasures when given prep and he has prep here. Also take into account that only Thanos has prep. The strategy you came up with with H'el shrinking the other team members is highly unlikely given they don't have prep and aren't used to fighting as a team.

#104 Posted by eternityx (2649 posts) - - Show Bio

@mikep12 said:

@unbreakable_fs4: Something he's not likely to do right away so he does thanos fell having superman punch his eyes out or tear threw his brain and other internal organs . The team takes this

So basically you have no answers for Thanos' shields so you're going to assume that he's just not going to use them?

#105 Posted by Night4345 (2972 posts) - - Show Bio

Does anyone have speed feats for Thanos? He's taken out Silver Surfer but SS doesn't use his powers when he should. I don't think Thanos has actually caught SS when speeding just pimp smacking him when he's surprised that his attacks do nothing against Thanos.

#106 Posted by mikep12 (4142 posts) - - Show Bio

@eternityx: @unbreakable_fs4: He hardly ever use them even with prep he chooses to rather face his enemies head on its called being in character. We have two scientists and an army General why exactly can't they come up with a strategy it's not prep its strategizing on field which all of them are capable of thinking faster than thanos

#107 Posted by leonkarlen123 (4270 posts) - - Show Bio

He is not getting the IG in 20 minutes. So the team would win rather easy 7/10

#108 Posted by CaptnMcDeadpool (956 posts) - - Show Bio

Does anyone have speed feats for Thanos? He's taken out Silver Surfer but SS doesn't use his powers when he should. I don't think Thanos has actually caught SS when speeding just pimp smacking him when he's surprised that his attacks do nothing against Thanos.

His best reaction feats might be considered PIS

However, given that Thanos has 20 minutes of prep, I don't really see that speed is an issue.

Thanos for the win.

#109 Posted by highaccuser (5987 posts) - - Show Bio

@highaccuser:

How many times were things like this shown? And that doesn't mean they were running at the same speed when they were tagged by than. And combat speed.

How many times has Thanos been beaten by speed? Why would anyone go slower fighting Thanos than fighting surfer? I never said Ganymede was running when Thanos tagged her, she was blitzing. So was fallen one, and it didn't work for him either.

#110 Posted by Wardemon32 (4147 posts) - - Show Bio

@highaccuser:

How many times has Thanos faced someone on Supermans speed? Surfer doesn't fight at super speed. We've already seen him fail to tag Gamora and even lost to SS. Just becuase you can tag someone doesn't mean tagging fast charatcers will happen for you all of the time. Especially when he has 3 people on him.

#111 Posted by Thewhitecrownofphoenix_stormforever (417 posts) - - Show Bio

@wardemon32:

Op says Thanos only gets prep time. Not the krytonians. So Im guessing they wouldn't even know whats coming after them. Which might be a bit stupid cause, if they were together, they would be actually trying to rip each other apart.....lol. I mean, s'not like they are friends or anything.

H'el might cause a problem, but would eventually be vanquished. Zod is featless and New 52 supes doesn't have the feats to fight Thanos.

On the other hand I really think they have a good chance to defeat Thanos if threre is no prep for him.

So basically the op had a winner in mind when they made this which is why he gave the prep god prep and not the kryptonians

#112 Posted by reaverlation (15246 posts) - - Show Bio

TP on the kryptonians for the win

#113 Posted by eternityx (2649 posts) - - Show Bio

@highaccuser:

How many times has Thanos faced someone on Supermans speed? Surfer doesn't fight at super speed. We've already seen him fail to tag Gamora and even lost to SS. Just becuase you can tag someone doesn't mean tagging fast charatcers will happen for you all of the time. Especially when he has 3 people on him.

When did he lose to SS?

Also Thanos has AoE attacks to deal with speedsters.

#114 Edited by CaptnMcDeadpool (956 posts) - - Show Bio

@highaccuser:

Out of curiosity: couldn't the same argument be used for Superman? How many times has he been tagged by demonstrably slower characters? Therefore, shouldn't your logic also be applied to Superman?

Surfer has demonstrated both combat and reaction speed faster than light. Nu 52 Superman is demonstrably slower than current Flash Barry Allen, who himself, is slower than light speed.

Additionally, the OP has given Thanos, a genius level in intellect and with a whole host of powers, 20 minutes of prep against these three.

Not convinced these three come away victorious.

#115 Edited by Wardemon32 (4147 posts) - - Show Bio

@eternityx:

When Dr. Strange put them in this area(although I think it nullified their powers) that still shows his H2H skills.

#116 Edited by dum529001 (1624 posts) - - Show Bio

@captnmcdeadpool said:

@wardemon32 said:

@highaccuser:

Out of curiosity: couldn't the same argument be used for Superman? How many times has he been tagged by demonstrably slower characters? Therefore, shouldn't your logic also be applied to Superman?

Surfer has demonstrated both combat and reaction speed faster than light. Nu 52 Superman is demonstrably slower than current Flash Barry Allen, who himself, is slower than light speed.

Additionally, the OP has given Thanos, a genius level in intellect and with a whole host of powers, 20 minutes of prep against these three.

Thanos has fought a bunch Avengers together and done pretty well. I doubt he will have trouble keeping up with these two.

#117 Edited by eternityx (2649 posts) - - Show Bio

@eternityx:

When Dr. Strange put them in this area(although I think it nullified their powers) that still shows his H2H skills.

You mean this one.

Both were depowered.

Silver Surfer has never beaten Thanos in a fair 1 vs 1 fight.

#118 Edited by CaptnMcDeadpool (956 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos has fought a bunch Avengers together and done pretty well. I doubt he will have trouble keeping up with these two.

Agreed.

#119 Edited by Wardemon32 (4147 posts) - - Show Bio

@dum529001:

None of which seem to be on supermans level of speed

#120 Posted by highaccuser (5987 posts) - - Show Bio

@highaccuser:

He's fought surfer plently of times, who is arguably faster than Superman.

There's a lot that indicates he was holding back against Gamora. A Thanosi who Thanos one-shotted beat and nearly killed her

The thing is, Ganymade has a speed feat that is way beyond supes speed:blitzing surfer. When has someone failed to tag someone who is sloer than those they've tagged in the past? Doesn't make much sense.

And surfer beat him on the astral plane, where their powers were altered. I assume they were greatly altered, because surfer simply can't beat Thanos. Starlin has stated surfer fears Thanos.

#121 Edited by Wardemon32 (4147 posts) - - Show Bio

@highaccuser:

In combat speed SS is faster than Superman? How exactly? How exactly is Ganymade faster than Superman and how does that even indicate that he can take all three even if she was faster than Superman? He has tag fast people and he has failed.

#122 Posted by highaccuser (5987 posts) - - Show Bio

@highaccuser:

In combat speed SS is faster than Superman? How exactly? How exactly is Ganymade faster than Superman and how does that even indicate that he can take all three even if she was faster than Superman? He has tag fast people and he has failed.

I'm mostly going on what I've heard, but I know of many travel feats for surfer. He can travel light years in seconds and scan the whole planet in moments. Those are travel feats, but he does need to be able to react to all his surrounding as he zooms past them.

When has superman done anything to indicated he can blitz surfer?

And even if Thanos can't tag them, they can't put him down. Hell, even Odin couldn't KO him. And he has TP.

#123 Edited by eternityx (2649 posts) - - Show Bio

@highaccuser:

I've already told you how Thanos can deal with the speed.

Combat speed feats for SS.

#124 Posted by Wardemon32 (4147 posts) - - Show Bio

@eternityx:

I've already seen those scans before. But I don't really feel like getting into a debate. Those aren't really combat feats anyways.

#125 Posted by dum529001 (1624 posts) - - Show Bio
#126 Posted by mikep12 (4142 posts) - - Show Bio

Team takes this point blank.

#127 Posted by highaccuser (5987 posts) - - Show Bio

@eternityx: Thank you.

@eternityx:

I've already seen those scans before. But I don't really feel like getting into a debate. Those aren't really combat feats anyways.

Some aren't. Most are. I still don't see how supes can blitz someone with that kind of speed, much less someone who tagged someone who did.

#128 Posted by CaptnMcDeadpool (956 posts) - - Show Bio

@captnmcdeadpool said:

@wardemon32 said:

@highaccuser:

What blows me away about these guys are we are talking Nu 52 Supes has next to NO speed feats (his best being finger flicking Barry Allen, although with anticipation and Barry being careless....). And while they assume the highest speed for Supes, they base their assumptions about other's speed based on their PIS showings.

What's wrong with that picture?

At any rate, unless someone shows me that they can over come Thanos' complete control over his own molecular structure, his shields, his blast power, his strength, his durability...etc...I don't see these three faring very well.

Anyone care to contradict? And I want feats.

#129 Edited by BoringPerson (1574 posts) - - Show Bio

@patrat18: ALL THEORETICAL AT THIS POINT.

New 52 aggro-telepathy doesn't seem to work that way. It's more like extending a hyper-sensitive telekinetic organ into someone's brain and using legitimate neuroscience to force them to experience something they are not or changing their organic biorhythms. In this way, reading minds is only slightly less effective, but altering them becomes problematic when you're dealing with beings that are indestructible on a cellular level.

Case in point, the Martian Manhunter being unable to access Green Arrow's memories without damaging his brain when he was already in the midst of having a brain hemorrhage without further damaging him. Hector Hammond was also unable to control Superman even though he was hiding in his own brain, and HH is an quite the powerful telepath/telekinetic.

Manhunter's been harshly nerfed New 52 imo. Also, it makes it so that random psyhics don't suddenly have the power to control beings of a completely unfamiliar physiology "because they're psychic". In this way you avoid the generic psychics from turning basically any powerhouse into a jobber/avoid forcing every single powerhouse to have psychic immunity.

#130 Posted by lol (4422 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos backhand pimp slaps all of these Kryptonians.

#131 Posted by HAMMER_OF_J2 (1081 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm pretty sure the team can beat Thanos. His shield are really strong so I don't know if they will be able to get past them

#132 Edited by DeathandGrim (2040 posts) - - Show Bio

Team beats him to a bloody pulp

#133 Posted by DeathandGrim (2040 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm pretty sure the team can beat Thanos. His shield are really strong so I don't know if they will be able to get past them

When has his shield stood up to a constant earth shaking assault? I'm not talking one or two attacks, because everyone on this team dwarfs lightspeed and hit with the power to exile people from Earth orbit and can easily all pound away at it.

How long and strong do the shields hold up to 2-3 lightspeed assaults?

#134 Posted by dondave (36058 posts) - - Show Bio

@patrat18: ALL THEORETICAL AT THIS POINT.

New 52 aggro-telepathy doesn't seem to work that way. It's more like extending a hyper-sensitive telekinetic organ into someone's brain and using legitimate neuroscience to force them to experience something they are not or changing their organic biorhythms. In this way, reading minds is only slightly less effective, but altering them becomes problematic when you're dealing with beings that are indestructible on a cellular level.

Case in point, the Martian Manhunter being unable to access Green Arrow's memories without damaging his brain when he was already in the midst of having a brain hemorrhage without further damaging him. Hector Hammond was also unable to control Superman even though he was hiding in his own brain, and HH is an quite the powerful telepath/telekinetic.

Manhunter's been harshly nerfed New 52 imo. Also, it makes it so that random psyhics don't suddenly have the power to control beings of a completely unfamiliar physiology "because they're psychic". In this way you avoid the generic psychics from turning basically any powerhouse into a jobber/avoid forcing every single powerhouse to have psychic immunity.

Superman has had his mind invaded on multiple occasions in the New 52

#135 Posted by Jphu8414 (3554 posts) - - Show Bio

Tough battle but I think the Team's got it

#136 Posted by reaverlation (15246 posts) - - Show Bio

@captnmcdeadpool: Superman going from the hospital being able to read and take in the knowledge of all the medical text books and back to do surgery in 5 minutes. React in 1 millisecond,fast as lightning,the Flash finger flick.I'll say Superman still has a speed advantage over Thanos,Thor,etc. but not as fast as Surfer though. Not saying the kryptonians win(already said Thanos wins)but yes Superman still holds a speed advantage

#137 Posted by CaptnMcDeadpool (956 posts) - - Show Bio

@reaverlation: Oh, I dont doubt Kal-El has a speed advantage...I was referring to the fallacious logic of the poster a few posts up in determining a characters speed.

What I am saying is Supes speed advantage means nothing in this instance. Thanos strength, endurance, telepathy, and other powers put him up to the task here.

#138 Posted by reaverlation (15246 posts) - - Show Bio

@captnmcdeadpool: Superman has a speed advantage over Thanos but like you said Thanos has other ways to put Clark down in that speed will delay the inevitable of Clark losing.Speed only becomes a huge factor if (insert said character) has the means to put you down (Superman vs Hulk is a great example)

#139 Posted by unBREAKable_Fs4 (1631 posts) - - Show Bio

@hammer_of_j2 said:

When has his shield stood up to a constant earth shaking assault? I'm not talking one or two attacks, because everyone on this team dwarfs lightspeed and hit with the power to exile people from Earth orbit and can easily all pound away at it.

That depends if these lightspeed assault can actually destroy a planet, considering the shield took multiple blows from a power gem amped Champion, who could demolish a whole planet with a single standing blow. Also, a well nourished Galactus stated he had to exert himself to penetrate Thanos' sheild.

#140 Posted by CaptnMcDeadpool (956 posts) - - Show Bio
#141 Edited by HAMMER_OF_J2 (1081 posts) - - Show Bio

@unbreakable_fs4: don't want to sound like I am stealing your idea but I was going to use that as an example but I didn't know how strong Champion was

#142 Posted by DeathandGrim (2040 posts) - - Show Bio

@deathandgrim said:

@hammer_of_j2 said:

That depends if these lightspeed assault can actually destroy a planet, considering the shield took multiple blows from a power gem amped Champion, who could demolish a whole planet with a single standing blow. Also, a well nourished Galactus stated he had to exert himself to penetrate Thanos' sheild.

Didn't he just dodge Champion?

And it's well within reason to believe that they can destroy a planet considering Supes was hitting H'El (Which since he's not a piece of tissue, softened the blows beforehand) and not the planet and still shook it to the very core all the way out to the JL satellite. Considering H'El is a raid boss compared to Supes and Zod he could probably triple that amount of damage output.

No shield is gonna take that much of an asswhooping for very long

#143 Posted by eternityx (2649 posts) - - Show Bio

@deathandgrim:

The shield doesn't need to take an asswhooping for long.

Thanos uses an AoE attack and knocks all three of them down.

#144 Posted by unBREAKable_Fs4 (1631 posts) - - Show Bio

@hammer_of_j2: No problem

@deathandgrim : No, he did dodge in the beginning but in the second half of the fight, his shield did take multiple blows from Champion. Also, Nothing N52 Supes, or Zod have done has indicated they can destroy a planet (not sure about H'el cause I haven't read his story yet). Pre 52 Supes, which is more powerful, knocked himself out while only destroying a moon while flying close to light speed.

#145 Edited by Killemall (18478 posts) - - Show Bio

@eternityx:

Not many people would use Infinity Gauntlet as a good way to judge his speed, their powers were modified and bodies left on Earth dimension while they battled on astral plane.

Thanos and Surfer have fought once and Surfer was actually killed. Then we have an additional instance where an angry Surfer finds himself unable to do anything.

Then we are a bit of ABC logic to work with, during Blood and Thunder Thor without power gem was making a mockery out of Surfer even when he had help, but fights Thanos in near equal footing after getting the power gem, difference becomes pretty vivid.

During Thanos Imperative, Lord Marvel solos Surfer, Quasar and Nova Prime together, but Thanos, despite being in a universe that depowers him due to lack of death, still took on and was actually over powering Lord Marvel.

I tnot going to comment on Thanos speed, but i really think using that instance is not a very good strategy.

Also i cant help but notice you seem to be drawing stuffs from our CaV, which is nice, just a heads up, i recently posted in detail about why Thanos is superior to Silver Sufer, using express word from the writer who says, in no uncertain terms Silver Surfer is simply lower tier than Thanos. With all those in mind its easy to put the thing in perspective.

#146 Edited by RisingBean (3819 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos in a stomp.

#147 Edited by DeathandGrim (2040 posts) - - Show Bio

@eternityx: how strong is the Aoe?

Because these three have been known to just keep coming back for more, within seconds.

And I mean come back from pretty much everything.

#148 Edited by eternityx (2649 posts) - - Show Bio

@eternityx: how strong is the Aoe?

Because these three have been known to just keep coming back for more, within seconds.

And I mean come back from pretty much everything.

Strong enough to KO Adam Warlock, KO thing and Thor, force back the entire Avengers including Thor, kill the Cancerverse Avengers with one blast and kill Adam Warlock.

By the way, a few of the examples I gave were from before his upgrades.

#149 Posted by DeathandGrim (2040 posts) - - Show Bio

@eternityx: the thing isn't impressive

most of the avengers aren't that high level

I don't know about Adam, don't think he was known for much strength, but again I don't know

I seriously doubt that any of the three would be ohko by one hit from an aoe. and if that fails what else does Thanos have?

plus I don't think Thanos is quicker to the draw than them. especially H'El.

and what I mean is he's gonna be constantly attack with very little time to react, his shields won't hold for very long and his aoe may damage but it won't insta-win and they'll just keep at it

#150 Posted by eternityx (2649 posts) - - Show Bio

@eternityx: the thing isn't impressive

most of the avengers aren't that high level

I don't know about Adam, don't think he was known for much strength, but again I don't know

I seriously doubt that any of the three would be ohko by one hit from an aoe. and if that fails what else does Thanos have?

plus I don't think Thanos is quicker to the draw than them. especially H'El.

and what I mean is he's gonna be constantly attack with very little time to react, his shields won't hold for very long and his aoe may damage but it won't insta-win and they'll just keep at it

His shields will hold for quite a while as a well fed Galactus had to exert himself on them and even when they fall Thanos will sill be able to tank there shots as he has tanked point blank screams from Blackbolt (who has KO'd Gladiator with a whisper before), he has tanked shots from Odin (One shotted SS in the same fight, yet Thanos took multiple shots), he has tanked shots from WM Thor with the PG (Who easily beat a large group of heroes including SS) and he has tanked shots from SS.

Everyone of the characters I listed hit far harder that these kryptonians yet Thanos has tanked their shots with little damage.

Also he AoE attacks are to stop the speed blitz, but he can also trap them in a block of pure Force.