Thanos vs. superman

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By Killemall

@Morpheus_ said:

Mental intrusion, violation, shutdown.

Mental Shutdown, will work hopefully someone can come up with a more classy sounding word, sorry i am just used to saying mind r_ _ e will try my best.

@SlimJ87D said:

The point was the rape in the basement meant sexually rape. Not a slang for videogame ownage, aka absolute defeat.

Does this mean we are still allowed to use words like mind r @ _ e? Is the the official verdict? I have been so used to this word and there are times when i type it without even having realized i have used it lol, big problem.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#152  Edited By TifaLockhart

That word shouldn't be taken lightly at all, IMO. It's not necessary for describing pwnage.

Anywho, having not read this thread, I will state that I believe Thanos wins. Superman may have historically done well against Darkseid but he hasn't with Marvel's version.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153  Edited By Killemall

I personally never understood why Thanos got 7/7 in terms of Speed? He never looked that fast to me, and Quicksilver only gets 5/7.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By TifaLockhart

@Killemall: Isn't his chair FTL? I'm still unsure about the whole Marvel 7-point system, but they might've included travel speed.

Or it could be as valid as the DC physical strength ratings I posted.

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#155  Edited By termiteone4ever

NO way This Titan Beat a Serious Superman

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#156  Edited By Saren

@Killemall: @The_Last_Son_of_Czarnia: I believe it's because teleporters get an automatic 7 in the handbooks. Deadpool has a 7 for that reason as well.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By Killemall

@The_Last_Son_of_Czarnia said:

@Killemall: Isn't his chair FTL? I'm still unsure about the whole Marvel 7-point system, but they might've included travel speed.

Well does his chair count as a regular equipment, havent seen him in his chair for a long time. The chair was no where to be seen through Thanos imperative.

Yeah cant argue with the second one, Thanos never looked someone who's speed is 7 (which is FLT)

@termiteone4ever said:

Why not, after all Darkseid can beat him and he isnt that much below Darkseid. Thanos actually has a better healing factor than Wolverine now.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By TifaLockhart

I would actually go so far as to say Thanos is a bit more powerful than Darkseid. Not enough to outclass him, but noticable.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By Killemall

@CitizenBane said:

@Killemall: @The_Last_Son_of_Czarnia: I believe it's because teleporters get an automatic 7 in the handbooks. Deadpool has a 7 for that reason as well.

Teleportation is generally shown in a different color, they generally use yellow bar to show teleportation.

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By termiteone4ever

@Killemall said:

@The_Last_Son_of_Czarnia said:

Well does his chair count as a regular equipment, havent seen him in his chair for a long time. The chair was no where to be seen through Thanos imperative.

Yeah cant argue with the second one, Thanos never looked someone who's speed is 7 (which is FLT)

@termiteone4ever said:

Why not, after all Darkseid can beat him and he isnt that much below Darkseid. Thanos actually has a better healing factor than Wolverine now.

Superman not holding back is more than match and i can see him winning in many ways superman healing is fast as well . Now thanos with Prep yes. Fighting I see superman not holding back is going to Knock him out . Superman speed yes / their strengths are both top notch durability Thanos got that too but Superman is no joke either. If there is no human around and he knows he has to Knock Thanos out or he cannot die with him using his full strength superman is going to one of Thanos greatest fights

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#161  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
Morals are on by default. Therefore, the hypothesis that Superman will not be holding back is erroneous in its inception.
cliffrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By cliffrice

THanos has Greater durability (taking on odin and surviving attacks from galactus)

Thanos is faster dodging a full speed blitszing silversurfer whom i might add is flash fast.

Thanos is smarter.

Thas has planet busting levels of strength i don't recall superman doing that in post crisis. I may be wrong though.

Sorry to say that Thanos Outclasses Superman in pretty much every way except in the snappy haircut department.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By Killemall

@termiteone4ever said:

Superman not holding back is more than match and i can see him winning in many ways superman healing is fast as well

Not fast enough to heal his whole body in 2 panel, something Thanos did in Thanos Imperative.

Now thanos with Prep yes.

Thanos does not have prep for this battle so lets just leave that part out.

Superman speed yes / their strengths are both top notch durability Thanos got that too but Superman is no joke either.

Superman is faster, no arguments there. But he doesnt speedblitz to being a battle, in character. Thanos would have enough time to put up his shields. Dont see Superman getting past that shield. This means Thanos has enough time to even use telepathy to put Superman down.

Strength, meh!, physical strength Superman is about his equal. Durability not really, against energy attacks Thanos is a lot more durable than Superman but he is vulnerable to physical attacks, insane healing factor would mean thats no longer a concern.

If there is no human around and he knows he has to Knock Thanos out or he cannot die with him using his full strength superman is going to one of Thanos greatest fights

For the purpose of this thread i think its safe to assume there are no humans around.

To knock Thanos out he has to get past his shield something that i personally dont see happening.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By slimj87d

@Killemall said:

@termiteone4ever said:

Superman not holding back is more than match and i can see him winning in many ways superman healing is fast as well

Not fast enough to heal his whole body in 2 panel, something Thanos did in Thanos Imperative.

Now thanos with Prep yes.

Thanos does not have prep for this battle so lets just leave that part out.

Superman speed yes / their strengths are both top notch durability Thanos got that too but Superman is no joke either.

Superman is faster, no arguments there. But he doesnt speedblitz to being a battle, in character. Thanos would have enough time to put up his shields. Dont see Superman getting past that shield. This means Thanos has enough time to even use telepathy to put Superman down.

Strength, meh!, physical strength Superman is about his equal. Durability not really, against energy attacks Thanos is a lot more durable than Superman but he is vulnerable to physical attacks, insane healing factor would mean thats no longer a concern.

If there is no human around and he knows he has to Knock Thanos out or he cannot die with him using his full strength superman is going to one of Thanos greatest fights

For the purpose of this thread i think its safe to assume there are no humans around.

To knock Thanos out he has to get past his shield something that i personally dont see happening.

I believe Thanos healed that quickly due to his immunity to Death in the marvel verse. He cannot die because his lover Death won't let him.

I have seen the word rape go through without trouble before as long as it was used as being able to beat someone with extreme ease. The only times I have seen moderators give warnings is when they used it as sexually rape and torture.

Thorr128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By Thorr128

Thanos.If it were Thanos vs Thor it might be different.....

bornstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By bornstar

@FinalStar86 said:

Thanos is too slow to activate his shields and Thanos can't beat Superman to death due to his lack of physical strenght and speed in comparison to Supes
Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By Vaeternus

Depends on which version of Supes, I believe New 52 Supes can take out Thanos and SA Superman would stomp him. Goldenage perhaps not though.

Morals play a role too, since Supes holds back a lot. Bloodlusted or no morals, Clark literally flies Thanos through the sun until nothing is left

ComocYahweh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By ComocYahweh

Morals On Superman will be taking quite a beating at first until he figures out a way to stop Thanos.

Morals Off Superman speedblitz and throws Thanos into the Sun.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By Killemall

Superman cant beat Thanos morals on or off.

DocFatalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By DocFatalis

I am surprised this thread is still on: unless we are talking SA Superman, there is no way Superman can oppose a serious threat to the Mad Titan. The versatility of Thanos's powers and his raw strength give him a serious edge.

The only thing I have to concede is that I don't know the limits of the "new" Superman. Other than that, the tw belong into very different categories and the number of ways Thanos has to take down the Kryptonian is almost appalling .

crabtree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By crabtree

Thanos wins. Superman has trouble with a human.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#172  Edited By laflux

@Thorr128: Why did you bump this?

Avatar image for super_soldierxii
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Thorr128 said:

Thanos.If it were Thanos vs Thor it might be different.....

Lol.

Yeah it would be different, Thor would lose faster.

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oihpop flawless logic. Thanos stomps an this should've been locked 4 pages ago.

RidTom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By RidTom

@oihpop: So you show us a pic of Thanos taking hits from multiple, powered up heroes, surviving, then telling us that normal superman would defeat him. Yeah flawless logic, also watch your language please

debeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By debeze

jajaja im am owner_men, i owner the peoples of you. go not hide in you dirty placers for finders i shall you in wherever you goes jajajaja (c) owNer_MeN

superman wins

_The_Ant_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By _The_Ant_

Thanos blasts Superman with red sun radiation until Kent loses all of his powers, then he kills him by flicking him in the face. Thanos regularly takes on foes way more powerful than Superman (Silver surfer being one of them) and pulls out a large number of wins.

@DocFatalis said:

I am surprised this thread is still on: unless we are talking SA Superman, there is no way Superman can oppose a serious threat to the Mad Titan. The versatility of Thanos's powers and his raw strength give him a serious edge.

The only thing I have to concede is that I don't know the limits of the "new" Superman. Other than that, the tw belong into very different categories and the number of ways Thanos has to take down the Kryptonian is almost appalling .

In other words, pretty much this.

kingkronos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By kingkronos

Thanos

ThanoStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By ThanoStomp

@oihpop said:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Superman kills the purple fat fuck, end of story, anyone who thinks otherwise is an idiot

It can be argued that Thanos was disoriented in this fight after he lost control of a flawed, man-made Cosmic Cube. In my opinion the Avengers Assemble books are not in continuity with the rest of the Marvel Universe. Its basically the comic book script for the movies. And it sucked.

Regarding the battle, let's not forget all the tech, and dark magic that Thanos also has control over. I think he would surprise Superman with the various ways he can attack him and take this.

grimlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By grimlock

@FinalStar86 said:

Thanos is too slow to activate his shields and Thanos can't beat Superman to death due to his lack of physical strenght and speed in comparison to Supes

Yeah supes has the speed advantage but we cant really say Thanos lacks physical strength. he was able to slap around champion who has the power gem for awhile. I believe Thanos can handle supes well he has the intellectual advantage

whydama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By whydama

The outcome of this fight is that Thanos gets a new super herald

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2e798651249
deactivated-5b2e798651249

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends what version of Superman it .

Clark_EL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#183  Edited By Clark_EL

@FinalStar86 said:

@RiseofApocalypse said:
" @h1a8: The PIS card shiz again. Not buying it. Thanos >>>>>>>>> Silver Surfer/Thor and thus Thanos >>>>>>>>> Superman. "
This post is full of so much fail just like your others

If we go by that logic then Superman>>Darkseid>>Thanos/Surfer/Thor
Log off troll

@RiseofApocalypse said:
" @FinalStar86 said:
" @RiseofApocalypse said:
" Ignoring context again huh? Well, Tyran'ts orb never gave Thanos power because it was NEVER stated to give him power. Durrr "
Right, it just magically shot lasers for fun right? Go away troll, you already tried pulling this crap before and you failed. "
And the planet exploded as soon as Drax and Thanos got into an arm lock. Go away DC wanker, you already tried pulling this crap before and you failed. I can actually name instances unlike you. You have no argument, all you do is accuse people who don't agree with you of 'trolling'. tbh, it was stated that the orbs contained knowledge and not power. I already posted the scans for you, but apparently I was taking out the context. lmao. "
You're saying that Tyrants orb only granted knowledge even though we Thanos use it as a weapon, you tried to lie and got caught.

You could call that DC fanboyism (I'm not saying you are but trolls hunt on this kind of stuff :) ) but since I am a fan of both universes I am going to give my opinion:

Thanos>/=Darkseid>Superman=Thor=Silver Surfer.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By dondave

Thanos ftw

Frocharocha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By Frocharocha

This is no contest. Thanso defeated Hulk, Thor and the entire Avengers with ease. Even withotu the Infinity Gauntle, Thanos will give a hard time to superman and superman a hard time to Thanos. But Thanos still wins.

jobbernos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By jobbernos

@FinalStar86 said:

Avatar image for oppagangnamstyle19
oppagangnamstyle19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As much as i like supes... He is in a bit of a trouble here

18hunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By 18hunt

@jobbernos said:

@FinalStar86 said:

Wut u talkin bout?

AssertingValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 65

#189  Edited By AssertingValor

This was worth bumping?

spiderbuck1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By spiderbuck1

Thanos uberstomps the Kryptonian.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By Killemall

Not sure why this was bumped but still Thanos.

ToO_RaW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By ToO_RaW

@whydama said:

The outcome of this fight is that Thanos gets a new super herald

GypRosetti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By GypRosetti

Thanos. There are too many DC nuthuggers on this forum with the same speed blitz argument in every battle. If Superman cannot one shot Thanos he's done.

ToO_RaW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By ToO_RaW

@ThanoStomp said:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

@oihpop said:

Superman kills the purple fat fuck, end of story, anyone who thinks otherwise is an idiot

It can be argued that Thanos was disoriented in this fight after he lost control of a flawed, man-made Cosmic Cube. In my opinion the Avengers Assemble books are not in continuity with the rest of the Marvel Universe. Its basically the comic book script for the movies. And it sucked.

Regarding the battle, let's not forget all the tech, and dark magic that Thanos also has control over. I think he would surprise Superman with the various ways he can attack him and take this.

It can be argued? Clearly, he was. As you can see this in the top panel of the following scan he was already falling on his butt. They kicked Thanos when he was already down.

No Caption Provided

The man-made cube took control over Thanos, Thor destroyed it and when Thanos snapped to it he was either severely injured or weakened. Anyone who tries to say different is saying that strictly because they don't like Thanos.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195  Edited By Killemall

@ToO_RaW: Thanos was also knocked out last time he took control over a cosmic cube and it was destroyed, way back in The God Himself (often referred to as Cosmic cube or Thanos rise of the monster) story arc, i think that supports the argument that the destruction of cosmic cube did weaken him substantively, after all thats how he was defeated the first time around.

ToO_RaW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By ToO_RaW

@Killemall said:

@ToO_RaW: Thanos was also knocked out last time he took control over a cosmic cube and it was destroyed, way back in The God Himself (often referred to as Cosmic cube or Thanos rise of the monster) story arc, i think that supports the argument that the destruction of cosmic cube did weaken him substantively, after all thats how he was defeated the first time around.

Indeed.

ToO_RaW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197  Edited By ToO_RaW

@ToO_RaW said:

@Killemall said:

Indeed.

And not to mention, after the fact he took shots from Groot, Thor, Hulk, Red Hulk, Cap's shield and Vision - only got a bloody nose. You could also argue that other character like Thing (who is closer than the Hulks) got licks in too.

And the Elders standing right there is the cherry on top.

Anyone claiming this is a bad feat is wrong IMO.

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ToO_RaW said:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

@ThanoStomp said:

@oihpop said:

It can be argued? Clearly, he was. As you can see this in the top panel of the following scan he was already falling on his butt. They kicked Thanos when he was already down.

The man-made cube took control over Thanos, Thor destroyed it and when Thanos snapped to it he was either severely injured or weakened. Anyone who tries to say different is saying that strictly because they don't like Thanos.

And here I was thinking he was throwing up his lunch ...

Avatar image for czarny_samael666
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In morals, Thanos won't lose it for sure.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200  Edited By Vaeternus

@logy5000 said:

Depends what version of Superman it .

This

Not sure about other versions but SA Version would murk Thanos in seconds.