#1 Edited by PaperCut1969 (89 posts) - - Show Bio

No telepathy for both Thanos and Superman

Thanos starts with shields up

Superman is completely bloodlusted (limiters are gone)

Battle starts on a moon (100 times the size of ours)

No prep

Thanos from Imperative

Superman pre-new 52

No Bfr

#2 Edited by xlab3000 (3219 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos

#4 Posted by RebornAkuma (145 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos will beat superman, however I didn't know superman had telepathy. O_0

#5 Posted by NeonGameWave (7712 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos kills him.

#6 Posted by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (5024 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos wtf stomps

#7 Edited by uberhikari (2474 posts) - - Show Bio

Graphic language like this is not permitted on comicvine. Please refrain from using it.

#8 Posted by PaperCut1969 (89 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Edited by AlteredBeast (149 posts) - - Show Bio

#10 Posted by spidermanandsuperman (283 posts) - - Show Bio

superman doesn't have telepathy but thanos wins not in a stomp but he'll come out on top

#11 Edited by PaperCut1969 (89 posts) - - Show Bio

@spidermanandsuperman: S

uperman does have Telepathy

But, it really doesn't matter cause it stated you cannot use telepathy in this fight.

#12 Posted by P0rtal (872 posts) - - Show Bio

RIP Superman...this version of him won't be missed.

#13 Posted by Killemall (18559 posts) - - Show Bio

Hate to impose but, @killemall Thoughts?

I would say Thanos.

Superman's biggest advantage was to blitz him, problem being they have given Thanos time to put up his shields.

Superman cant normally vibrate thru the shield because it was, at least during Starlin era, a celestial tech imbued by magic (not sure what its status is now he doesnt even seem to use it ) so Superman might be in trouble.

Then he sure has TP to take down Superman, or some mega powerful energy attack, best feat, he made the very universe scream with 1 blast killing a baby abstract called Rot who was about to actually eat the universe, pretty high to think of it.

#14 Posted by God_Spawn (37764 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Posted by PaperCut1969 (89 posts) - - Show Bio

@killemall: Is his shield really imbued with magic? That's awesome if it is. But, where did you read that from exactly?

#16 Posted by Killemall (18559 posts) - - Show Bio

@killemall: Is his shield really imbued with magic? That's awesome if it is. But, where did you read that from exactly?

Its in his Marvel Encyclopedia 2004 entry, that his abilities are a result of extra-dimensional magic and celestial tech. Everything he has is a result of apparently that, celestial tech he collected and magic he learned when in service of lady death when he died.

This however has never actually been stated on panel, as in comics, only on handbook. So i suppose its questionable.

#17 Edited by randomcharachter (323 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos WTF

#18 Posted by PaperCut1969 (89 posts) - - Show Bio

@killemall: So, would this mean that maybe Thanos's are attacks are "slightly" magical? If so, then he really would destroy Superman.

#19 Posted by Killemall (18559 posts) - - Show Bio

@killemall: So, would this mean that maybe Thanos's are attacks are "slightly" magical? If so, then he really would destroy Superman.

Yes his power are magical, to some extend (at least based on bio), and amp when he was resurrected by Lady Death.

Although he doesnt really need to exploit a weakness, Thanos does have pretty powerful energy attacks.

#20 Edited by PaperCut1969 (89 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Edited by dondave (36685 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos ftw

#22 Edited by PaperCut1969 (89 posts) - - Show Bio
Unable to affect it

@killemall: So, I'm beginning to question just how legit Thanos killing the baby Abstract really is. Wasn't Death helping to destroy it along with Thanos? Why was he unable to affect it. But, then he is able to kill the Rot . So, was it really JUST Thanos killing the Rot with a blast that he created or was Death helping?

#23 Edited by Killemall (18559 posts) - - Show Bio

@papercut1969: Lady death and Thanos together killed Rot, not Thanos himself. Lady death next scan ask Thanos to let it all rip, not sure whether that shows Thanos having a boost from Lady or was it just a psychological boost, Thanos rips out his blast and Rot is killed.

So yeah likely death was helpin.. but hard to prove.

#24 Edited by PaperCut1969 (89 posts) - - Show Bio

@killemall: Well, it says that Thanos was pulling while DEATH was pushing.... Whatever that means. But, It's still is a good feat of Thanos's energy. Although not a valid feat in my opinion, of HIM killing a baby abstract. Seeing as how Death was there helping. I think at least.

#25 Posted by Assman (1836 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos from imperative was beyond death, so, as hard enough as he was to actually hurt, let alone kill, which he couldn't be, i'm a say Thanos has this (Superman) in the bag for another collection for his mistress!

#26 Edited by PaperCut1969 (89 posts) - - Show Bio

@killemallHow exactly is Thanos going to hit Superman. Superman in this state would be seeing everything in slow motion. And lets face it thanos really has had trouble beating fast characters who aren't even on the level of Superman's BASE level speed. He wasn't even able to hit Gamora during their sparring match.

#27 Posted by Killemall (18559 posts) - - Show Bio

@killemallHow exactly is Thanos going to hit Superman. Superman in this state would be seeing everything in slow motion.

Massive AOE attacks.

And lets face it thanos really has had trouble beating fast characters who aren't even on the level of Superman's BASE level speed.

Oh god i hope you are not talking about Gamora. Thats his adopted daughter, he was actively faking to lose in the fight.

Then we have Thanos fighting Surfer, Captain Marvel, Gwaynamede, Adam Warlock, Vision, Fallen One, Eros, all of whom a LOT faster than Gamora.

He wasn't even able to hit Gamora during their sparring match.

Well she is his daughter, he trained her, perhaps they have the same technique, besides it was pretty clearly at the end they were joking around and Thanos wanted Gamora to think she beat him, Gamora just refused to buy it.

#28 Edited by PaperCut1969 (89 posts) - - Show Bio

@killemall said:

1. Massive AOE attacks.

And lets face it thanos really has had trouble beating fast characters who aren't even on the level of Superman's BASE level speed.

2. Oh god i hope you are not talking about Gamora. Thats his adopted daughter, he was actively faking to lose in the fight.

3.Then we have Thanos fighting Surfer, Captain Marvel, Gwaynamede, Adam Warlock, Vision, Fallen One, Eros, all of whom a LOT faster than Gamora.

He wasn't even able to hit Gamora during their sparring match.

4.Well she is his daughter, he trained her, perhaps they have the same technique, besides it was pretty clearly at the end they were joking around and Thanos wanted Gamora to think she beat him, Gamora just refused to buy it.

1.How fast exactly does Thanos's energy attacks go? If they're only the speed of light then Superman in this state could arguably dodge them. He could see Thanos taking a second to charge the blast and just fly away. Wait for it to subside then come back.

2.And I am talking about the friendly spar with Gamora. He says "I couldn't lay a glove on you". Is Thanos faking still?

3. All of those people are not nearly as fast as Superman. Granted Surfer and fallen One, but even they don't use their speed to their advantage. Superman however does.

4. He says this after she figures out that he was just playing around and faking. Although, this is not the only instance where he had minor trouble with speed. His fight with Eros. Yes, he did eventually beat him, but still had trouble hitting him.... And Eros is not nearly as fast a Superman's BASE speed level.

#29 Posted by reikai (4201 posts) - - Show Bio

And Thanos wasn't trying to Kill Eros. Eros is still FTL, along with the other Eternals, and tore through the alloy of Thanos' ship Sanctuary quite easily. Don't try to downplay Thanos, cause it won't work. He was playing with Gamora, much like a Father will play with his Child. And given Thanos has regularly tagged and beaten the stuffing out of the Surfer, who beats Supes in speed, really you have no argument.

#30 Edited by Killemall (18559 posts) - - Show Bio

1.How fast exactly does Thanos's energy attacks go? If they're only the speed of light then Superman in this state could arguably dodge them. He could see Thanos taking a second to charge the blast and just fly away. Wait for it to subside then come back.

No idea, there has never been a speed assigned to his energy attacks.

2.And I am talking about the friendly spar with Gamora. He says "I couldn't lay a glove on you". Is Thanos faking still?

Could be, the point was Gamora was trained by Thanos, they have identical skill, and statements made in such should be taken with a grain of salt.

3. All of those people are not nearly as fast as Superman. Granted Surfer and fallen One, but even they don't use their speed to their advantage. Superman however does.

Every single one of them is light speedster (barring Adam Warlock and Vision), and Gwen has actually blitzed Surfer for one. Not sure why they wouldnt be as fast as Superman.

4. He says this after she figures out that he was just playing around and faking. Although, this is not the only instance where he had minor trouble with speed. His fight with Eros. Yes, he did eventually beat him, but still had trouble hitting him.... And Eros is not nearly as fast a Superman's BASE speed level.

Eros is FLT in terms of travel speed , and his speed is pretty the the only power he has. As far as marvel is concerned he is their pure speedsters, as much as Flash is from DC (not on the same speed though).

And i see Superman vs Thanos going pretty much exactly like Eros vs Thanos, with Eros dodging a few but once Thanos gets his hands on him he gets stomped.

Anyone who is a light speedster should be up there with Superman.

#31 Edited by PaperCut1969 (89 posts) - - Show Bio
@killemall said:

1.No idea, there has never been a speed assigned to his energy attacks.

2.Could be, the point was Gamora was trained by Thanos, they have identical skill, and statements made in such should be taken with a grain of salt.

3.Every single one of them is light speedster (barring Adam Warlock and Vision), and Gwen has actually blitzed Surfer for one. Not sure why they wouldnt be as fast as Superman.

4.Eros is FLT in terms of travel speed , and his speed is pretty the thear as marvel is concerned h only power he has. As fe is their pure speedsters, as much as Flash is from DC (not on the same speed though).

And i see Superman vs Thanos going pretty much exactly like Eros vs Thanos, with Eros dodging a few but once Thanos gets his hands on him he gets stomped.

Anyone who is a light speedster should be up there with Superman.

1. Well, then do you agree that they should are around the speed of light? If they are then Superman could dodge them. Also, Superman could phase through them if he wanted too.

2. Alright

3. I agree that they can fly at light speed But, Superman can go at least 16 times the speed of light (in his base form, while the limiters are one him, so it can be assumed he can move faster than that). And he has Nanosecond reaction time, can measure the time between nanoseconds,can easily light speed signals, and has sped up his senses to match the Flash (making the world frozen in place around him). I don't think that any of them can do these things.

He also uses this speed to his advantage in fights all the time. Silever Surfer however has not. Nor has the Fallen One.

4. (Not that I'm disagreeing) But, when has Eros flown on his own faster than light? And even if he has, this doesn't mean that he would be able to react faster than than the speed of light(Superman can), or let alone fight that fast(Superman can).

Thanos is my all time favorite villain, I honestly HATE Superman. But, Thanos has NEVER fought anyone that is equal to him in strength(Or below), that combines his strength with speed, in my opinion that is. And the times Thanos has fought with people that use speed aren't even close to the Quintilian ton range of strength IMO.

#32 Posted by PaperCut1969 (89 posts) - - Show Bio

@killemall:

I also have scans/references for all of the instances that I have stated if you want proof.

#33 Posted by Killemall (18559 posts) - - Show Bio

@papercut1969: I know i have read most of the instances you are talking about (barring Superman going 16 times the speed of light) and i like your argument, are decent, thats on reason i did not reply.

#34 Posted by laflux (15504 posts) - - Show Bio
#35 Edited by PaperCut1969 (89 posts) - - Show Bio

@killemall said:

"barring Superman going 16 times the speed of light"

I'm sorry, probably the reason you haven't is because it was ONLY stated that he can go 17 billion km per hour, which is 15.74 times the speed of light. The next best thing is going 9.4 billion km per hour which 8.7 times the speed of light.

#36 Posted by OverLordArhas (7724 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos Stalemated Tyrant and took blows from ODIN and BIG-G, I do not think Supes will last against Tyrant or TANK blows from the ODIN and BIG-G.

THANOS FTW.

#37 Posted by Experio (15510 posts) - - Show Bio

Why is this a battle? Thanos slaughters