#1 Edited by Seraph_King160 (17 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos has 24 hours of prep and HOTU, Infinity Gauntlet, and Captain Universe suit, can he take on these gods and succeed?

#2 Posted by russellmania77 (14820 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos is god with the ig

#3 Posted by rolldestroyer (3508 posts) - - Show Bio

IG is nothing compared to the heart of the infinite. He already beat LT and other abstracts with HOTU, and i don't see why spectre should be any different.

#4 Posted by dondave (35898 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos ftw

#5 Posted by Deadgod (1299 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos easily , he only needs HOTU to do it

#6 Posted by Supermanwithatan01 (3573 posts) - - Show Bio

If its the universal Living Tribunal then Thanos stomps. The Spectre is a joke. If its the multiversal Living Tribunal then Thanos is laughed away.

#7 Posted by KingOfAsh (3571 posts) - - Show Bio

Living Tribunal takes away Thanos's power. Living Tribunal is second only to The One Above All anyway.

#8 Posted by SheenLantern (6453 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Posted by rolldestroyer (3508 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingofash:

thanos absorbed LT and everyone/everything after that point, as you can see in the scan above ^

#10 Posted by KingOfAsh (3571 posts) - - Show Bio

@rolldestroyer: @sheenlantern: That is the most BS piece of fanfiction/jobbering/haxx I have ever seen in an official work. Does he defeat TOAA next?

#11 Posted by SheenLantern (6453 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingofash: Well, since the Heart Of The Universe is but a tiny, tiny fraction of the One Above All's power, not likely.

#12 Posted by KingOfAsh (3571 posts) - - Show Bio

@sheenlantern: Can anyone beat him with Heat of the Universe then?

#13 Edited by The_Roman (3297 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos stomps.

THOTU is all he needs.

#14 Posted by rolldestroyer (3508 posts) - - Show Bio

@rolldestroyer: @sheenlantern: That is the most BS piece of fanfiction/jobbering/haxx I have ever seen in an official work. Does he defeat TOAA next?

no of course he doesn't, because TOAA isn't exactly a character.

#15 Posted by New_World_Order (12895 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos is not going to get the HOTU in 24 hours. He gets obliterared easily.

#16 Posted by SheenLantern (6453 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Posted by SheenLantern (6453 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingofash said:

The One Above All, The Presence, Pre-Retcon Beyonder, Pre-Retcon Molecule Man, Protege.

#18 Edited by Shavo (2061 posts) - - Show Bio

thanos with HOTU and prep? he might as well be stan lee at that point...

#19 Edited by GhostRider2 (3279 posts) - - Show Bio

Living Tribunal summons Scathan and game over for Thanos, but yeah Thanos wins vs spectre and tribunal.

#20 Edited by New_World_Order (12895 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Edited by SheenLantern (6453 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Edited by GhostRavage (8753 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos only need HOTU in order to stomp.

@sheenlantern said:

@thundergodswrath: Read the OP.

Well than yeah, he can.

@sheenlantern said:

@kingofash said:

The One Above All, The Presence, Pre-Retcon Beyonder, Pre-Retcon Molecule Man, Protege.

How do you know they can beat him?

TOAA, The Presence for sure, also PR Beyonder is more likely to beat Thanos with HOTU than MM because he is omnipotent in his own dimension, which includes our world, while MM is limited to be a cosmic cube. Anyway, the OP puts too many amps on Thanos, no one is beating him besides this 3 and i mean NO ONE.

#23 Posted by Killemall (18454 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostravage: Molecule Man, in pre-retcon day wasnt a cosmic cube being. That happened when both of their powers were retconned together, a retcon that made MM superior to Beyonder. Molecule Man's orginal power came from Beyonder's verse itself and at that time there was only one Beyonder. After the retcon, Beyonder verse is a universe filled with beings like Beyonder and both of then were part of cosmic cube, some energy absorbed by Molecule Man while the remaining energy itself gaining sentience as Beyonder.

@thundergodswrath: Better feats.

Just out of curiosity what better feats are you referring to in regards to Protege that would put him beyond Heart Of Infinity?

#24 Posted by Killemall (18454 posts) - - Show Bio

Its not so much BS as opposed to what the Starlin's intention was from the get go in the series. Thanos was already more powerful than everyone, at that time, in marvel universe barring Living Tribunal when he had the Infinity Gauntlet, so a story to push forth to a higher power being superior to Living Tribunal makes sense. Starlin referred to Heart Of the Infinity as Thanos question in achieving the absolute finality of mythical power, surprising though in Thanos Rising 01 cover recap AR its been stated at mythical finality of the "ultimate nullifier", not sure how that part got misinterpreted in the transit.

#25 Posted by Nefarious (19472 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos is overrated. He wins here.

#26 Edited by TheSpiritStalker (2048 posts) - - Show Bio

How does thanos keep getting his hands on all these all-powerful weapons, tribunal just lets it happen. thanos stomps hard... hm, unless spectre has free access to the presence' power... still don't get it I thought living tribunal was omnipotent, suppose it doesn't carry as much weight.

#27 Edited by Hunter_Zolomon (190 posts) - - Show Bio

OP, why does Thanos need IG, if you gave him HOTU? lol

#28 Posted by Killemall (18454 posts) - - Show Bio

Well IG is still something, what would he do with Captain Universe "suit" :p

#29 Posted by Killemall (18454 posts) - - Show Bio

@thespiritstalker: Marvel adheres to Gorge Cantor level of infinity concept and their definition of the term omnipotent as it appears in bio is different from what we normally know as its more towards the concept of "seemingly omnipotent" rather than actual omnipotent , so at least in marvel you can have multiple omnipotent being with each progressively more powerful than another.

#30 Edited by Hunter_Zolomon (190 posts) - - Show Bio

@killemall said:

@hunter_zolomon said:

True that. lol

#31 Edited by Killemall (18454 posts) - - Show Bio

@killemall said:

@hunter_zolomon said:

True that. lol

I can totally imagine Thanos going

"Heralds of gods, you address omnipotence, alongside a pimp up glove and a shinny sparking suit with stars and shit, tread carefully, b*tch!."

#32 Posted by Soothing_Sounds (1718 posts) - - Show Bio

@killemall: How does someone have a piece of omnipotence, omniscience, and omnipresence? Just wondering and thought you might have the answer.

#33 Edited by Hunter_Zolomon (190 posts) - - Show Bio

@killemall said:

@hunter_zolomon said:

@killemall said:

@hunter_zolomon said:

True that. lol

I can totally imagine Thanos going

"Heralds of gods, you address omnipotence, alongside a pimp up glove and a shinny sparking suit with stars and shit, tread carefully, b*tch!."

hahahah. good one

#34 Posted by Killemall (18454 posts) - - Show Bio

@killemall: How does someone have a piece of omnipotence, omniscience, and omnipresence? Just wondering and thought you might have the answer.

You normally cant, if its true omnipotence. In marvel nothing is truly omnipotent. Example would be Thanos with Infinity Gauntlet in Starlin era as opposed to Hickman's, he had the power of a god, limitation his power is still over-ridden by the servant of he whose power drawf that of a god.

If you had any specific example in mind, perhaps i can shed more light.

#35 Posted by Soothing_Sounds (1718 posts) - - Show Bio

@killemall: The Hotu, everyone says it's a part of TOAA, and TOAA is truly omnipotent(isn't he?).

#36 Posted by MonsterStomp (16671 posts) - - Show Bio

And here I thought omnipotent battles were restricted.

#37 Posted by Killemall (18454 posts) - - Show Bio

@killemall: The Hotu, everyone says it's a part of TOAA, and TOAA is truly omnipotent(isn't he?).

Its hard to give an outright reason why, i honestly dont think Starlin thought that thru.

One possible explanation would be:

What i am trying to get at is, the conversation with Adam Warlock and Thanos in the 5th panel, or second line second panel.

There you have Warlock suggesting this power he had was offered to him by The One Above All, while Thanos believe One Above All tricked him with the trinket.

Its easy to see how HOTI is connected with TOAA, but its a power TOAA offered Thanos, so it doesnt necessarily have to be part of TOAA's own power, just the amount of power TOAA wanted to loan him, to do what was necessary, which was realise who Thanos is and be the ultimate hero, save a dying universe.

But again, at the end of the day, its a possible explanation i am coming up with, its not , ever outright explained that its exactly what happened.

#38 Edited by Soothing_Sounds (1718 posts) - - Show Bio
#39 Edited by Chibi_cute (4509 posts) - - Show Bio

Wao the op made thanos so amped.

Anyways thanos wins here. Having HOTU and IG is overkill.

Then the TOAA shows up and beats his ass for being a little bitch.

#40 Posted by The_Titan_Lord (5059 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos.

#41 Posted by OverLordArhas (7670 posts) - - Show Bio

Why is Specter lined up with LT?

#42 Edited by Wardemon32 (4138 posts) - - Show Bio

What the hell is the point of this dumb thread? Obviously Thanos.

#43 Posted by BWANASIMBA (353 posts) - - Show Bio

What I don't get is why the Heart of the Universe could beat the Living Tribunal. He's multiversal in nature, beyond a mere universe. Hell, Adam Warlock escaped the Heart by fleeing the universe.

#44 Edited by Bronze_Surfer (2976 posts) - - Show Bio

@bwanasimba: Well it has another name. Heart of the Infinite.

#45 Edited by BWANASIMBA (353 posts) - - Show Bio

@bronze_surfer: Still doesn't explain how Adam Warlock escaped it by fleeing the universe. Granted, there is a reason that story has had questionable continuity for years, as well as the rest of the End stories.