• 113 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Trigon (121 posts) - - Show Bio

Recent version of Thanos VS The most powerful version of Solomon Grundy. Undead vs Undead . Who will be victor?

Location ; Gotham City. H2H fight. Close quarters.  Win: Any method of winning. BFR is allowed. CIS is allowed in this battle. No back up help.

Thanos doesn't know who or what Grundy is but views him as a threat. The same for Grundy for Thanos.
#2 Posted by greenteaforme (1826 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going to lean towards Thanos. He just has too many powers and too many good showings. Although "msot powerful" Grundy is no pushover, Thanos is just too...Thanosy.

#3 Posted by Almighty_Darkseid (1724 posts) - - Show Bio

grundy wins if its just h2h

#4 Posted by Petey_is_Spidey (2791 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos stomps.

I.A.T

#5 Posted by kcaz (1371 posts) - - Show Bio

thanos is strong and durable enough to exchange blows a power gem user.

what is the strongest feat of grundy?

#6 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8438 posts) - - Show Bio

SPITE!!!

#7 Posted by Uno_Oscuro (743 posts) - - Show Bio

@Almighty_Darkseid said:

No he doesn't. Thanos doesn't any of his powers to beat Grundy, he physically outclasses him.

#8 Posted by Alchemist_ (114 posts) - - Show Bio
@kcaz said:

No, he's not.
#9 Posted by Almighty_Darkseid (1724 posts) - - Show Bio

@Uno_Oscuro said:

@Almighty_Darkseid said:

No he doesn't. Thanos doesn't any of his powers to beat Grundy, he physically outclasses him.

i doubt it, thanos isnt as strong as grundy, plus grundy is also very durable, and if this is chaos grundy then there is no way of thanos beating grundy, since u cant hurt him with magic or brute strength

#10 Posted by Uno_Oscuro (743 posts) - - Show Bio

@Alchemist_ said:

@kcaz said:

No, he's not.

Agree, Champion was taking him on when he had the power gem. Thanos is physically imposing, but not that much.

#11 Posted by Uno_Oscuro (743 posts) - - Show Bio

@Almighty_Darkseid said:

@Uno_Oscuro said:

@Almighty_Darkseid said:

i doubt it, thanos isnt as strong as grundy, plus grundy is also very durable, and if this is chaos grundy then there is no way of thanos beating grundy, since u cant hurt him with magic or brute strength

I'm not a DC guy so I don't know anything about "Chaos Grundy", but the ones I do know would get stomped by Thanos.

#12 Posted by deadpool6_6_6 (1064 posts) - - Show Bio

@Almighty_Darkseid said:

#13 Posted by Almighty_Darkseid (1724 posts) - - Show Bio

@Uno_Oscuro said:

@Almighty_Darkseid said:

@Uno_Oscuro said:

@Almighty_Darkseid said:

I'm not a DC guy so I don't know anything about "Chaos Grundy", but the ones I do know would get stomped by Thanos.

how would thanos beat grundy?

#14 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@Uno_Oscuro said:

@Alchemist_ said:

@kcaz said:

No, he's not.

Agree, Champion was taking him on when he had the power gem. Thanos is physically imposing, but not that much.

Blood and Thunder disagrees.
#15 Posted by blackadamFTW (7867 posts) - - Show Bio

Is this just a battle of fisticuffs?

If so I think Grundy has a chance, but Thanos still might beat him.

#16 Posted by Alchemist_ (114 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_ said:
Is that where Thanos fought Warrior's Madness Thor with the Power Gem?
#17 Posted by kcaz (1371 posts) - - Show Bio

@Alchemist_ said:

@kcaz said:

No, he's not.

@Uno_Oscuro said:

@Alchemist_ said:

@kcaz said:

No, he's not.

thanos had already proven he can go head to head with a power gem user. he smiled and traded punches with warrior's rage plus power gem thor. he was amused by the fight, but after some time, he got bored and trapped thor in a force field with his not yet completed weapon.

#18 Edited by Alchemist_ (114 posts) - - Show Bio
@kcaz said:

thanos had already proven he can go head to head with a power gem user. he smiled and traded punches with warrior's rage plus power gem thor. he was amused by the fight, but after some time, he got bored and trapped thor in a force field with his not yet completed weapon.

I read the story quite some time ago so I don't remember it a vividly as some. However I don't recall them trading blows. I remember Thanos getting most of the hits in the beginning and then cheating when Thor started to get the better of him. In other words, Thor didn't get that many good shots in so we don't know how his durability would hold up against the Power Gem.
#19 Posted by kcaz (1371 posts) - - Show Bio
@Alchemist_ said:
@kcaz said:

I read the story quite some time ago so I don't remember it a vividly as some. However I don't recall them trading blows. I remember Thanos getting most of the hits in the beginning and then cheating when Thor started to get the better of him. In other words, Thor didn't get that many good shots in so we don't know how his durability would hold up against the Power Gem.
the scans showed that they traded blow for blow, at the end of the fight, thanos was not that damaged
#20 Posted by Alchemist_ (114 posts) - - Show Bio
@kcaz said:
the scans showed that they traded blow for blow, at the end of the fight, thanos was not that damaged
I don't see any scans in this thread..you mind posting them?
#21 Posted by Uno_Oscuro (743 posts) - - Show Bio

@kcaz said:

@Alchemist_ said:

@kcaz said:

No, he's not.

@Uno_Oscuro said:

@Alchemist_ said:

@kcaz said:

No, he's not.

Ah, I just remember Warriors Rage, not that Thor has the power gem, my mistake. Okay, then it still goes back to what I originally stated, Thanos dominates, even with just the use of his strength.

#22 Posted by King Saturn (223834 posts) - - Show Bio
Thanos should be able to handle Solomon Grundy fairly well.
#23 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@Petey_is_Spidey said:

Thanos stomps.

I.A.T

#24 Posted by ImTheDamnBatman (3548 posts) - - Show Bio

Most powerful versions of Grundy? Grundy wins?

#25 Posted by Alchemist_ (114 posts) - - Show Bio

I think people are overlooking the capability of the Power Gem.

#26 Posted by CreamPieMe (58 posts) - - Show Bio

GRUNDY'S HEAD IS GOING UP SOMEONES A$$

#27 Posted by Nefarious (18856 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos pimp-slaps Grundy for being born on a Monday.

#28 Posted by Malonius (883 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nefarious said:

Thanos pimp-slaps Grundy for being born on a Monday.

LOL

#29 Edited by kcaz (1371 posts) - - Show Bio
@Alchemist_ said:

@kcaz said:

I don't see any scans in this thread..you mind posting them?
sure thing. thanos abruptly ended the fight, not because he cant win, but because he was thinking ahead, and knew he was going to face odin next, plus thor was giving him a little too much trouble than he had anticipated. he wanted to save his strength to fight odin, but thanos actually smiled and enjoyed the fight

#30 Edited by Alchemist_ (114 posts) - - Show Bio
@kcaz said:

sure thing. thanos abruptly ended the fight, not because he cant win, but because he was thinking ahead, and knew he was going to face odin next, plus thor was giving him a little too much trouble than he had anticipated. he wanted to save his strength to fight odin, but thanos actually smiled and enjoyed the fight

He didn't beat him though, and he was the only one who sustained any injury from the attacks of the other. Think about it. We saw Thanos fight two different characters with the Power Gem. He was hitting them but his attacks did virtually nothing to them. The outcomes are both the same. He didn't defeat them by any physical means. Against Thor he went and got weapon (in a scenario that makes no sense, because Thor could have obviously attacked him before he could leave the room) and he made the Champion strand himself in space and he can't fly. Also I don't know the fascination with the pimp smack scan but Thanos didn't hurt either one of those characters, he just knocked them down.
#31 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17004 posts) - - Show Bio
@Alchemist_ said:
@kcaz said:

He didn't beat him though, and he was the only one who sustained any injury from the attacks of the other. Think about it. We saw Thanos fight two different characters with the Power Gem. He was hitting them but his attacks did virtually nothing to them. The outcomes are both the same. He didn't defeat them by any physical means. Against Thor he went and got weapon (in a scenario that makes no sense, because Thor could have obviously attacked him before he could leave the room) and he made the Champion strand himself in space and he can't fly. Also I don't know the fascination with the pimp smack scan but Thanos didn't hurt either one of those characters, he just knocked them down.
1.WIth Power Gem any user should be immune to being KOd or killed. With knowledge how to use it, You can command energy from whole Universe, all objects, all people, etc. Thanos couldn't win this battle in other way, since Thor's mind was under a spell IIRC (because for sure it wasn't Warrior Madness - Odin's words). The same with Champion. And later Drax with Power Gem one shotted Champion who was in possesion of some unknown bands that allowed him to destroy another planet. He wasn't easy target even for Surfer, yet Drax crushed him with ease.
2.Here we have probably the strongest version of Thanos, since after each death he came back more powerfull. Currently he isn't only highly durable, but pretty much immortal (maybe it will change soon, since Thanos is coming back in Avengers Assemble). 
The weakest version of Thanos, first one, in his debut destroyed a planet as a side effect of his strength contest (so not strength, explosion or something like that) with Classic Drax  the Destroyer (note: this version of Drax was able to destroy a star):
Thanos and Drax destroying a planet as a side effect of their battle part 1
Thanos and Drax destroying a planet as a side effect of their battle part 2
Since it was a strength contest, it is safe to say than everything Drax did by his strength - Thanos can do better. To my knowledge Grundy doesn't have this level of strength nor durability to take such a force on him.

I hope that I could help You.
#32 Posted by kcaz (1371 posts) - - Show Bio
@Alchemist_ said:
@kcaz said:

the power gem was suppose to give user very high level invulnerability and strength, but thor was shouting in pain when thanos hit him, and thanos was able to take his punches. 

thanos was too quick and smart for champion. even with the power gem, champion couldnt defeat him straight up in a 1 on 1 battle, he had to result to destroying the planet, and thanos knows that, thats  why he suckered champion into destroying the planet and then forcing him to give up the power gem. he is the champion of the universe, he mastered  thousands of martial arts throughout the universe, yet thanos still beats him as if he were a rookie

strength isnt everything, in a h2h fight, smarts and other factors count too, like the funny thing about bull fighting, the bull loses most of the time.  anyway, you think grundy will do any better against power gem users? he will get stomped within the 1st few panels

skillfully dodging champion's attacks. he is supposed to have mastered thousands of martial arts throughout the universe, and thanos still beats him up
 combining his energy attacks and strength well, allows thanos to have a clean hit
#33 Posted by soundgarden (109 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos

#34 Posted by Alchemist_ (114 posts) - - Show Bio
@kcaz said:
@Alchemist_ said:
@kcaz said:

the power gem was suppose to give user very high level invulnerability and strength, but thor was shouting in pain when thanos hit him, and thanos was able to take his punches. 

thanos was too quick and smart for champion. even with the power gem, champion couldnt defeat him straight up in a 1 on 1 battle, he had to result to destroying the planet, and thanos knows that, thats  why he suckered champion into destroying the planet and then forcing him to give up the power gem. he is the champion of the universe, he mastered  thousands of martial arts throughout the universe, yet thanos still beats him as if he were a rookie

strength isnt everything, in a h2h fight, smarts and other factors count too, like the funny thing about bull fighting, the bull loses most of the time.  anyway, you think grundy will do any better against power gem users? he will get stomped within the 1st few panels

I don't think it matters if Thor was shouting in pain because Thanos' punches weren't doing anything but knocking Thor around. Thanos as clearly shown is the only one who took any damage from that fight. he wasn't close to KO'ing Thor and had only taken a few punches from him. We don't know what would have happened in a longer fight. 

I know what happened when Thanos fought the Champion..that's why I mentioned it. Thanos didn't beat him through physical means, yet for some reason we are supposed to believe he could have beaten Thor if he wanted to, he got a weapon so he could save his strength for Odin? I don't buy it. That's twice he fought someone with the Power Gem and didn't beat them under his own abilities. 

The Champion has never been shown as a superb combatant. He's always been shown as a character that over powers others. The "mastered thousands of styles" stuff is worthless because he's almost never shown that. Thanos beat him like that because the Champion is stupid and brutish. If he was written anything like Marvel describes him he would have beaten Thanos isn't purple mayonnaise. 

Strength isn't everything H2H but Thanos doesn't have poor writing and weapons to bail him out this time. He's going to have to fight Grundy with his own abilities and as far as we know winning in that situation isn't something he's capable of.
#35 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (5196 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos

#36 Posted by Killemall (18323 posts) - - Show Bio

@Morpheus_ said:

But doesnt though, while it does show they can trade few blows, thanos would have no hopes of beating anyone with power gem, unless he manages to remove the power gem to being with.

@Uno_Oscuro said:

And what were you expecting, its virtually impossible to physically hurt someone with power gem so there was absolutely no way Thanos could have hurt him physically so he did what he does best, tricked him. Its not like Champion ever landed a single blow, all he managed to do was destroy the planet, and end up handing the gem to thanos who made him a good deal.

#37 Posted by isaac_clarke (5448 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall said:

@Morpheus_ said:

But doesnt though, while it does show they can trade few blows, thanos would have no hopes of beating anyone with power gem, unless he manages to remove the power gem to being with.

@Uno_Oscuro said:

And what were you expecting, its virtually impossible to physically hurt someone with power gem so there was absolutely no way Thanos could have hurt him physically so he did what he does best, tricked him. Its not like Champion ever landed a single blow, all he managed to do was destroy the planet, and end up handing the gem to thanos who made him a good deal.

Hes already beaten two people with the Power Gem. He may have left to get the ray gun when he realized the fight was pointless, but did effectively one shot Thor after getting it.

#38 Posted by 80sBaby (1343 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos in a stomp. What's Grundy's higest feat? And I see people talking about Chaos Grundy but wasn't he only in the cartoon, where everyone was weaker than their comics counter-parts?

#39 Posted by Killemall (18323 posts) - - Show Bio

@isaac_clarke said:

Hes already beaten two people with the Power Gem. He may have left to get the ray gun when he realized the fight was pointless, but did effectively one shot Thor after getting it.

He hasnt actually beaten anyone with power gem in a hand 2 hand battle and that's what this battle thread is about. And the question being discussed was is he strong enough to trade blows with Thor with power gem, few blows probably, a prolonged encounter isnt going to go down in titans favor.

#40 Posted by isaac_clarke (5448 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall said:

He hasnt actually beaten anyone with power gem in a hand 2 hand battle and that's what this battle thread is about. And the question being discussed was is he strong enough to trade blows with Thor with power gem, few blows probably, a prolonged encounter isnt going to go down in titans favor.

That's because Power Gem wielders are invulnerable and eventually they only become physically more powerful as time goes on, that's without knowing how to even use it. He did exchange a number of blows with Power Gem Thor in a fight if he continue he would have lost, but that likely wasn't going to be anytime soon since he more or less was depicted as physically capable of continue that fight and was enjoying it prior to saying he got bored of it. I wouldn't say a few, likely a few hours.

#41 Posted by Alchemist_ (114 posts) - - Show Bio
@80sBaby said:
Thanos in a stomp. What's Grundy's higest feat? And I see people talking about Chaos Grundy but wasn't he only in the cartoon, where everyone was weaker than their comics counter-parts?
Grundy has the power gem.
#42 Posted by 80sBaby (1343 posts) - - Show Bio

@Alchemist_: Thanks. Must have missed that in the OP.

#43 Posted by BigCimmerian (7863 posts) - - Show Bio

@Alchemist_ said:

@kcaz said:

Is Grundy stronger than Superman?

#44 Posted by kcaz (1371 posts) - - Show Bio
@Alchemist_ said:
@kcaz said:
@Alchemist_ said:
@kcaz said:

I don't think it matters if Thor was shouting in pain because Thanos' punches weren't doing anything but knocking Thor around. Thanos as clearly shown is the only one who took any damage from that fight. he wasn't close to KO'ing Thor and had only taken a few punches from him. We don't know what would have happened in a longer fight.  I know what happened when Thanos fought the Champion..that's why I mentioned it. Thanos didn't beat him through physical means, yet for some reason we are supposed to believe he could have beaten Thor if he wanted to, he got a weapon so he could save his strength for Odin? I don't buy it. That's twice he fought someone with the Power Gem and didn't beat them under his own abilities.  The Champion has never been shown as a superb combatant. He's always been shown as a character that over powers others. The "mastered thousands of styles" stuff is worthless because he's almost never shown that. Thanos beat him like that because the Champion is stupid and brutish. If he was written anything like Marvel describes him he would have beaten Thanos isn't purple mayonnaise.  Strength isn't everything H2H but Thanos doesn't have poor writing and weapons to bail him out this time. He's going to have to fight Grundy with his own abilities and as far as we know winning in that situation isn't something he's capable of.
you speaking as if grundy can do any better against them. what exactly is his highest feat?
#45 Posted by Almighty_Darkseid (1724 posts) - - Show Bio

@BigCimmerian said:

@Alchemist_ said:

@kcaz said:

Is Grundy stronger than Superman?

yes his strongest, was overwhelming superman

#46 Posted by yeimsick (19 posts) - - Show Bio

Pointless battle tbh Thanos is on Galactus's power level now :/

#47 Posted by Alchemist_ (114 posts) - - Show Bio
@yeimsick said:

Pointless battle tbh Thanos is on Galactus's power level now :/

Based on what?
#48 Posted by Alchemist_ (114 posts) - - Show Bio
@kcaz said:
you speaking as if grundy can do any better against them. what exactly is his highest feat?
Not I speak as if Grundy can beat Thanos with the Power Gem as he doesn't have any showings i've seen to suggest he can. I don't know what Grundy's highest feat is but if my memory serves me right there was a version of Grundy that was not only more intelligent than most incarnations but he was also stronger than Superman and he fought the JLA...well. 
#49 Edited by kcaz (1371 posts) - - Show Bio

@Alchemist_ said:

@kcaz said:
Not I speak as if Grundy can beat Thanos with the Power Gem as he doesn't have any showings i've seen to suggest he can. I don't know what Grundy's highest feat is but if my memory serves me right there was a version of Grundy that was not only more intelligent than most incarnations but he was also stronger than Superman and he fought the JLA...well.

please...thanos stomps superman. and if thanos is durable enough to take hits from power gem user without much damage, what make you think grundy can even hurt him?

#50 Posted by Almighty_Darkseid (1724 posts) - - Show Bio

@kcaz said:

@Alchemist_ said:

@kcaz said:

please...thanos stomps superman

doubt it, thanos and darkseid are similar with darkseid being a little more powerful, and he still got beat by superman which means thanos will too