Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Physcoreturn

This is Thanos from Infinity

New 52 Sinestro Corps

Fight takes place in Sinestro Corps

If this is spite then please tell me as I have no idea on how strong the Sinestro Corps are.

Who wins?

mancannon80k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sinestro corps = Fairly Strong, i think they win. Although infinity Thanos did pimp slap hulk which was awesome.

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos from Infinity is just standard Thanos.

Why are people getting the impression he's different in that series?

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By nickthedevil

Sinestro can solo, or at least give him the fight of his life.

Adding the corps is just cannonfodder, save Arkillo, Karu and Lyssa, all pretty formidable.

Sinestro + Lyssa Drak secure this win, however, but it can be debated better than Sinestro + Sinestro Corps.

mancannon80k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By mancannon80k

@xiix: Sorry i may have given the wrong impression, i merely said infinity thanos because of the feat i then went on to say. because it happened during the infinity whatsomadoodle

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xiix said:

Thanos from Infinity is just standard Thanos.

Why are people getting the impression he's different in that series?

Maybe he just meant most current?

As the Sinestro Corps is.

Avatar image for simon_the_digger
Simon_the_digger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sinestro Corps.

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos stomps hard.

johnfrank120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sinestro Corp whup.

thecoolest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickthedevil: You forgot to mention the people who give the Corps the win: Anti-monitor and Cyborg Superman.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

Sinestro with Parallax probably solos.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickthedevil: You forgot to mention the people who give the Corps the win: Anti-monitor and Cyborg Superman.

Well, since he specified New 52 Sinestro Corps, I take it as the most current version, which does not include either one.

Still, the outcome is the same.

thecoolest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickthedevil: Yeah, my mistake, since this is the current SC I don't see the team winning even 1/10 times.

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickthedevil said:

@darkraiden said:

Thanos stomps hard.

No he doesn't.

Yes he does.

I never thought your marvel bias could really stoop that low.

Not the first time I've been proved wrong, however, which is something none our crossing ever resulted for you.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickthedevil: Yeah, my mistake, since this is the current SC I don't see the team winning even 1/10 times.

Why not?

Sinestro is in full control of Parallax, and with his team present his ring will never die of energy loss. Coupled with his lieutenants like Karu and Lyssa he can solo. They are just htere for support. I give it to Thanos 1/10 in any fight.

9/10 Sinestro solos.

thecoolest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By thecoolest

@nickthedevil: If a Parallax amped Sinestro couldn't even beat Alex Luthor or one shot Ultraman how the F**K will he beat Thanos by himself?

Also even if the other lanters were Hal's level, they still lose, the current Wonder Woman broke Hal's constructs and she doesn't come close to being as powerful as the current Superman, let alone Thanos.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By nickthedevil

@thecoolest said:

@nickthedevil: If a Parallax amped Sinestro couldn't even beat Alex Luthor or one shot Ultraman how the F**K will he give beat Thanos by himself?

Also even if the other lanters were Hal's level, they still lose, the current Wonder Woman broke Hal's constructs and she doesn't come close to being as powerful as the current Superman, let alone Thanos.

He laughed off Ultraman and shot him away, if you don't remember. He wasn't even in that fight to begin with.

Yet, you also seem to forget Parallax Sinestro fought Volthoom the First and ripped Hal Jordan to shreds later.

We really aren't talking about the other Lanterns here. Though, thank you for bringing that feat up because really, that's just low showing on Hal's part, considering that he's beaten Mongul on his own and stalemated Parallax/Sinestro (Even though Sinestro was majorly holding back, it's still a feat way above Wonder Woman). It's called the JL jobber aura, and it's a mystical event that makes anyone who isn't named Batman, Superman, or Wonder Woman, seem like plebes.

The Lanterns are mostly support, more specifically, Lyssa Drak. Sinestro can unleash continuous full ring power down on Thanos with Parallax. Even without the Parallax amp, Sinestro survived a planet explosion. Thanos has more than an uphill battle for himself.

hirev_starman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#20  Edited By hirev_starman

Sinestro corps takes this.

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkraiden said:

@nickthedevil said:

@darkraiden said:

Thanos stomps hard.

No he doesn't.

Yes he does.

I never thought your marvel bias could really stoop that low.

Not the first time I've been proved wrong, however, which is something none our crossing ever resulted for you.

Marvel Bias? Nah. Thanos is simply above them. By far.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkraiden: Marvel bias. I have yet to see you actually admit one DC win on these boards that wasn't something as ridiculous as Darkseid vs Spider-Man.

Now you're talking about Parallax infused with Sinestro and his entire thouasands of Lantern army.

Sinestro can solo, adding his army is really just adding insult to injury.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thecoolest said:

@nickthedevil: If a Parallax amped Sinestro couldn't even beat Alex Luthor or one shot Ultraman how the F**K will he give beat Thanos by himself?

He laughed off Ultraman and shot him away, if you don't remember. He wasn't even in that fight to begin with.

Yet, you also seem to forget Parallax Sinestro fought Volthoom the First and ripped Hal Jordan to shreds later.

We really aren't talking about the other Lanterns here. Though, thank you for bringing that feat up because really, that's just low showing on Hal's part, considering that he's beaten Mongul on his own and stalemated Parallax/Sinestro (Even though Sinestro was majorly holding back, it's still a feat way above Wonder Woman). It's called the JL jobber aura, and it's a mystical event that makes anyone who isn't named Batman, Superman, or Wonder Woman, seem like plebes.

The Lanterns are mostly support, more specifically, Lyssa Drak. Sinestro can unleash continuous full ring power down on Thanos with Parallax. Even without the Parallax amp, Sinestro survived a planet explosion. Thanos has more than an uphill battle for himself.

He didn't laugh off ultramans hits and to be fair he actually did seem scared. Granted I would assume that had a lot to do with sinestro trying to control parallax and suppress him. So I do agree Sinestro will probably win here easily due to parallax.

@nickthedevil: If a Parallax amped Sinestro couldn't even beat Alex Luthor or one shot Ultraman how the F**K will he beat Thanos by himself?

Green lantern continuity is mostly the same as it was pre new 52 (everything that happened in a bat book or green lantern book is still in continuity). SO I would say thats a good showing for wonder woman partly.

Thanos loses to Parallax.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos stomps.

Comicuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sinestro solos

thecoolest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: GL continuity is said to be the same but the feats GLs had before flashpoint are simply much better. Wonder Woman is a lot weaker than Superman currently, DD trashed her but was torn apart by Superman, in Pre Flashpoint, Hal defeated Mongul sr, who is equal or above Superman phisically what makes him way stronger than current Diana.

Hal also moved Earth with help from Superman while Starbreaker was pulling it while providing suport for Superman to move it, Superman needed WW AND MM's help to do it when Hal wasn't around and they weren't fighting against the TK of a being who can pull the planet by himself.

He also took Krona exploding at point blank rage with body shields alone and he was even killed, even though Superboy Prime (who is more powerful than Diana) was KO'd by a much weaker guardian exploding.

So Hal was >>>> Diana Pre Flashpoint but he is currently <<< Diana.

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Without Parallax, Thanos mindrapes everyone.

Avatar image for omniawesomeness
OmniAwesomeness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wtf how does sinestros beat thanos... Read Thanos comics idiots and thanos stomps whole corps except if parallax is involved

pastepotpete1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thanos takes this

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Homer_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sinestro Corps

WJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sinestro Corps. I don't think Thanos can take on multiple super-powered opponents at once.

Z___

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Z___

I think Thanos can tank most of anything the Sinestro Corps dish out and break their constructs too. But he's outnumbered by thousands of yellow lanterns. Idk!

Z'

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Thanos but Sinestro with parallax should give him a good fight at least.

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkraiden: Marvel bias. I have yet to see you actually admit one DC win on these boards that wasn't something as ridiculous as Darkseid vs Spider-Man.

Now you're talking about Parallax infused with Sinestro and his entire thouasands of Lantern army.

Sinestro can solo, adding his army is really just adding insult to injury.

That's just wrong. It's your DC bias blinding you. I go off of feats....and Thanos easily wins. Sinestro can't win 1v1 and the army is inconsequential in the long run, just distractions.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: GL continuity is said to be the same but the feats GLs had before flashpoint are simply much better. Wonder Woman is a lot weaker than Superman currently, DD trashed her but was torn apart by Superman, in Pre Flashpoint, Hal defeated Mongul sr, who is equal or above Superman phisically what makes him way stronger than current Diana.

Hal also moved Earth with help from Superman while Starbreaker was pulling it while providing suport for Superman to move it, Superman needed WW AND MM's help to do it when Hal wasn't around and they weren't fighting against the TK of a being who can pull the planet by himself.

He also took Krona exploding at point blank rage with body shields alone and he was even killed, even though Superboy Prime (who is more powerful than Diana) was KO'd by a much weaker guardian exploding.

So Hal was >>>> Diana Pre Flashpoint but he is currently <<< Diana.

This doesn't exactly erase all of the showings done in the past. Regardless this isn't about Hal its about parallax.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#38 frozen  Moderator

Parallax solo.

Comicuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sinestro still solos.

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Thanos

Avatar image for deactivated-5da8e253e9df8
deactivated-5da8e253e9df8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos vs thousands of Yellow Lanterns and no prep? He probably would need some kind of prep.

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jagernutt: If Parallax is involved, Thanos loses. If not, Thanos curbstomps easily. That's the verdict. If Thanos was switched with Zeus or Odin, it wouldn't be any difference.

Lucano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Parallax Sinestro included? Someone hates Thanos...

thecoolest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: Cyborg Superman defeated Parallax pre flashpoint, Thanos could do the same.

Besides, JL is also still cannon, Despero's first appearance in the New 52 where he mentions he fought the league when J'onn was still part of it should be proof enough, and even then people don't use Pre Fp showings from the JL, and they also know their power levels was changed.

Swamp thing also mentions his encounter with Superman that happened in the Bronze age, should we also use showing from BA supes when anyone makes a New 52 Superman "vs" thread?

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: Cyborg Superman defeated Parallax pre flashpoint, Thanos could do the same.

When was this? Issue number or scans?

Besides, JL is also still cannon, Despero's first appearance in the New 52 where he mentions he fought the league when J'onn was still part of it should be proof enough, and even then people don't use Pre Fp showings from the JL, and they also know their power levels was changed.

That only means that one story where the league fought despero is canon not every JLA story.

Swamp thing also mentions his encounter with Superman that happened in the Bronze age, should we also use showing from BA supes when anyone makes a New 52 Superman "vs" thread?

No but they can mention that specific story. Again DC confirmed that the continuity from pre flashpoint to post flashpoint never changed for bat and green lantern books. Your examples don't change that.

@xlr87t3 said:

@jagernutt: If Parallax is involved, Thanos loses. If not, Thanos curbstomps easily. That's the verdict. If Thanos was switched with Zeus or Odin, it wouldn't be any difference.

Odin was stomping thanos in there entire encounter. Thanos survived due to his durability.....Odin is far above thanos.

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lucano said:

Parallax Sinestro included? Someone hates Thanos...

Kangconquers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos could stomp Cyborg Superman....but Anti-Monitor should be on another level, even post Crisis.

thecoolest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thecoolest said:

Thanos could stomp Cyborg Superman....but Anti-Monitor should be on another level, even post Crisis.

Cyborg Superman couldn't beat Thanos but he could take control of the tech that Thanos uses to disable his shields, what would allow the AM to beat him without so much trouble.

Kangconquers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Kangconquers

@kangconquers said:

@thecoolest said:

Cyborg Superman couldn't beat Thanos but he could take control of the tech that Thanos uses to disable his shields, what would allow the AM to beat him without so much trouble.

If we're to believe the handbook the Marvel Universe, Thanos' shields are now a part of his being/ no longer tech as of 1-2 resurrections ago.

KnightOfZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think that sinestro and his lieutenants can do some good damage to thanos while the others can distract thanos.

I think sinestro can take this. Even if he dies, he can unleash parallax, who can also do some major damaged, especially against a weakened thanos

Sinestro corp should win 7-8/10, mainly because he has the entire corp