Thanos vs. Silver Surfer
Thanos vs. Silver Surfer

The Rules

• Morals off. Bloodlust on.
  • No preparation time.
  • No PIS/Jobbering.
  • Regular 616 Thanos.
  • Post-Annihilation Silver Surfer.
  • Thanos does not have the Infinity Gauntlet, contrary to the picture above.

The Rounds

1. Thanos has the Power Gem. Silver Surfer has the Uni-Power.
  2. Thanos has the Power Gem. Silver Surfer has the Quantum Bands.
  3. Thanos has the Power Gem. Silver Surfer has both the Uni-Power and Quantum Bands.

The Silver Surfer has used the powers of both the Uni-Power and the Quantum Bands.

Battle Call-Outs ☎

Solar_Powered

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

With the Uni-Power, the surfer should clear incredibly easily. However, I don't know much about the quantum bands.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By mysticmedivh

Over 240 views and only three actual posts? I knew I should have made a Batman with Prep vs. Living Tribunal thread. That surely would've gotten everyone's attention!

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Over 55 views and only one post? I knew I should have made a Batman with Prep vs. Living Tribunal thread! That surely would've gotten everyone's attention!

lol.

Avatar image for supermanwithatan01
Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Silver Surfer with Unipower could win 1 and 3 handily but idk much about the Quantum Bands.

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By XiiX

@mysticmedivh said:

Over 95 views and only one post? I knew I should have made a Batman with Prep vs. Living Tribunal thread. That surely would've gotten everyone's attention!

Or Superman vs Thor/Hulk, or Thanos('s Team) vs Darkseid('s Team).

Because we don't have nearly enough of those.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xiix said:

@mysticmedivh said:

Over 95 views and only one post? I knew I should have made a Batman with Prep vs. Living Tribunal thread. That surely would've gotten everyone's attention!

Or Superman vs Thor/Hulk, or Thanos('s Team) vs Darkseid('s Team).

Because we don't have nearly enough of those.

I surely thought a unique Thanos vs. Silver Surfer thread would have gathered an audience. I thought wrong. This thread is like "Look but don't touch!".

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Shawnbaby

SS wins all rounds easily

Surfer with the Quantum Bands is The Keeper:

No Caption Provided

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shawnbaby Would you consider giving Thanos an Infinity Gem, perhaps the Power Gem, fair in order to even it up?

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shawnbaby Would you consider giving Thanos an Infinity Gem, perhaps the Power Gem, fair in order to even it up?

I Think Surfer would still stomp rounds 2 and 3.

Round 1 would be more interesting that way though.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mysticmedivh said:

I Think Surfer would still stomp rounds 2 and 3.

Round 1 would be more interesting that way though.

Hmm. Quantum Band Surfer managed to hold is own against a starving Galactus, you have a point.

@solar_powered@supermanwithatan01 Thanos has been given the Power Gem in order to even the playing field.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mysticmedivh: In my opinion the main reason Norrin gets beat down by Thanos so badly has more to do with his personality than with power sets. Taking away SS's Morals really evens the odds between them. Giving Norrin Boosts on top of that just makes me feel Thanos gets whooped.

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Over 150 views and only two actual posts? I knew I should have made a Batman with Prep vs. Living Tribunal thread. That surely would've gotten everyone's attention!

How do you know the views?

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By mysticmedivh

@xlr87t3 said:

@mysticmedivh said:

Over 150 views and only two actual posts? I knew I should have made a Batman with Prep vs. Living Tribunal thread. That surely would've gotten everyone's attention!

How do you know the views?

No Caption Provided

thatguy1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ss round 3 easy don't know enough otherwise to speak on those rounds

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Thanos wins round 1 idk about 2 and 3

legacy6364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ss round 3 easy don't know enough otherwise to speak on those rounds

Kangconquers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@mysticmedivh: In my opinion the main reason Norrin gets beat down by Thanos so badly has more to do with his personality than with power sets. Taking away SS's Morals really evens the odds between them. Giving Norrin Boosts on top of that just makes me feel Thanos gets whooped.

Silver Surfer has consistently failed to hurt Thanos whenever he's tried. It has nothing to do with personality. His blasts simply aren't powerful enough to damage the titan.

DeAnnunaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By DeAnnunaki

@mysticmedivh:

I feel you, dude. That's where bumping comes in handy.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By mysticmedivh
Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shawnbaby said:

Silver Surfer has consistently failed to hurt Thanos whenever he's tried. It has nothing to do with personality. His blasts simply aren't powerful enough to damage the titan.

You think Blasts are the limit of what The Silver Surfer can do? If he used his powers to their fullest he could definitely hurt Thanos.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By mysticmedivh

@kangconquers said:

@shawnbaby said:

You think Blasts are the limit of what The Silver Surfer can do? If he used his powers to their fullest he could definitely hurt Thanos.

I'm not delving into this argument, nor supporting a certain side, but this is a fraction of what the Silver Surfer can do.

No Caption Provided

Kangconquers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kangconquers said:

@shawnbaby said:

I know what Surfer can do, and anything he can do Thanos can tank. Thanos is a matter manipulator just like Silver Surfer, and has on panel matter manipulation resistance feats. Thanos has also tanked black holes, so Silver Surfer opening one and dropping him in it won't kill him.

Thanos is simply on a higher level than Surfer. Surfer is as likely to beat him as Iron Man is to beat the Silver Surfer, or Thanos is to beat Galactus.

Kangconquers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shawnbaby said:

@kangconquers said:

@shawnbaby said:

I'm not delving into this argument, nor supporting a certain side, but this is a fraction of what the Silver Surfer can do.

No Caption Provided

I'm aware of Surfer's powers. I'm aware his versatility is off the charts. But he is also established in comic book canon, through repeat feat comparison as being a low-tier than Thanos, just like Thanos is a lower tier than Odin, and Odin is a lower tier than Galactus.

@killemall, back up here?

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mysticmedivh said:

@shawnbaby said:

@kangconquers said:

@shawnbaby said:

No Caption Provided

I'm aware of Surfer's powers. I'm aware his versatility is off the charts. But he is also established in comic book canon, through repeat feat comparison as being a low-tier than Thanos, just like Thanos is a lower tier than Odin, and Odin is a lower tier than Galactus.

@killemall, back up here?

Sounds good. Like I said, I'm not interested in delving into this argument, nor am I supporting either side. I myself find this scan pretty cool, so I'd thought it would be fitting to share it.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Shawnbaby

@kangconquers said:

@shawnbaby said:

@kangconquers said:

@shawnbaby said:

I know what Surfer can do, and anything he can do Thanos can tank. Thanos is a matter manipulator just like Silver Surfer, and has on panel matter manipulation resistance feats. Thanos has also tanked black holes, so Silver Surfer opening one and dropping him in it won't kill him.

Thanos is simply on a higher level than Surfer. Surfer is as likely to beat him as Iron Man is to beat the Silver Surfer, or Thanos is to beat Galactus.

All I am saying is that Silver Surfer, if he didn't hold back as much as he does, would fare a lot better against Thanos than he has.

Silver Surfer is on a Higher Level than Thor...yet he has lost to him before as well. As well as losing to Rulk and Super Skrull...and he is far above either of them. His Pacifistic nature is his biggest weakness.

None of it really matters here though because with the upgrades he has been given as well as having his morals removed...he is on a higher tier than Thanos.

Solar_Powered

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mysticmedivh: Uni-Powered Silver Surfer would still stomp thanos even with a power gem.

The Uni-Power is a nearly omnipotent entity, possessing limitless cosmic power and increases its power until it can meet the task at hand. It's why Spiderman was able to do everything he wanted without any difficulty, and why Juggernaut was so easily defeated by the Uni-Power.

It's even on the comic vine page.

Captain Universe

@shawnbaby@oceanmaster21

Thanos literally doesn't stand a chance without anything short of the HOTU.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mysticmedivh: Uni-Powered Silver Surfer would still stomp thanos even with a power gem.

The Uni-Power is a nearly omnipotent entity, possessing limitless cosmic power and increases its power until it can meet the task at hand. It's why Spiderman was able to do everything he wanted without any difficulty, and why Juggernaut was so easily defeated by the Uni-Power.

It's even on the comic vine page.

Captain Universe

@shawnbaby@oceanmaster21

Thanos literally doesn't stand a chance without anything short of the HOTU.

I think you're overrating the Uni-Power a bit. I also think that you're thinking of Spider-Man with the Beyonder's powers.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e291995a18d6
deactivated-5e291995a18d6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@solar_powered: Yeah it made Spider Man so powerful he barely beat the Tri Sentinel.

Solar_Powered

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mysticmedivh: I may be mistaken regarding the Spider-Man part, but I am not over-rating the Uni-Power in the slightest. It's all very true.

@thebourneposter: He met the task at hand, didn't he?

The point is, Thanos doesn't stand a chance, even with a power gem.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By mysticmedivh

@mysticmedivh: I may be mistaken regarding the Spider-Man part, but I am not over-rating the Uni-Power in the slightest. It's all very true.

@thebourneposter: He met the task at hand, didn't he?

The point is, Thanos doesn't stand a chance, even with a power gem.

Are you talking about this Spider-Man?

No Caption Provided

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@solar_powered: Since you essentially said that if Thanos had the Infinity Gauntlet he would still lose "anything short of the HOTU" you are overrating the Uni power. Give Thanos another gem and he would have a good chance.

Kangconquers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Kangconquers

@kangconquers said:

@shawnbaby said:

@kangconquers said:

@shawnbaby said:

All I am saying is that Silver Surfer, if he didn't hold back as much as he does, would fare a lot better against Thanos than he has.

Silver Surfer is on a Higher Level than Thor...yet he has lost to him before as well. As well as losing to Rulk and Super Skrull...and he is far above either of them. His Pacifistic nature is his biggest weakness.

None of it really matters here though because with the upgrades he has been given as well as having his morals removed...he is on a higher tier than Thanos.

The problem is, it's not just holding back. Surfer isn't a particularly skilled combatant. You give someone like Captain America the Surfer's powers, and maybe he can 3/10 Thanos. But Thanos is more skilled in hand-to-hand, stronger, more powerful, more durable, more intelligent, a better battle strategist, also has Surfer's powers of matter manipulation, etc in addition to some knowledge of the dark arts. The only thing Surfer can do that Thanos can't is fly.

Obviously, with the boost given, Surfer beats Thanos. But Thanos 10/10s Silver Surfer in any unamped confrontation. They are simply not on the same level.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shawnbaby said:

@kangconquers said:

@shawnbaby said:

@kangconquers said:

@shawnbaby said:

The problem is, it's not just holding back. Surfer isn't a particularly skilled combatant. You give someone like Captain America the Surfer's powers, and maybe he can 3/10 Thanos. But Thanos is more skilled in hand-to-hand, stronger, more powerful, more durable, more intelligent, a better battle strategist, also has Surfer's powers of matter manipulation, etc in addition to some knowledge of the dark arts. The only thing Surfer can do that Thanos can't is fly.

Obviously, with the boost given, Surfer beats Thanos. But Thanos 10/10s Silver Surfer in any unamped confrontation. They are simply not on the same level.

Obviously Thanos beats Surfer in all of their confrontations...and yes...Surfer isn't the best combatant...but a lot of that is because, at the end of the day, he's a pacifist. Take away that pacifism and he's suddenly a lot more deadly of an adversary.

I'm not saying a Morals off Surfer stomps Thanos by any means...but, morals off, he can definitely give Thanos more than a little bit of trouble.

lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

3 is the only one that will give Thanos a good fight to work with, imo.

Solar_Powered

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Solar_Powered

@thebourneposter: Because even with the Infinity Gauntlet, Thanos wasn't regarded as omnipotent, nor was he described as having limitless cosmic power. He may hold out longer, but he still isn't winning.

@mysticmedivh: No, I'm talking about this Spider-Man.

No Caption Provided

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@solar_powered: What......do you have any idea what you're talking about? I can only assume you know what the IG is.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thebourneposter: Because even with the Infinity Gauntlet, Thanos wasn't regarded as omnipotent, nor was he described as having limitless cosmic power. He may hold out longer, but he still isn't winning.

@mysticmedivh: No, I'm talking about this Spider-Man.

No Caption Provided

With the IG thanos was omnipotent. He knew everything the heroes would do. He got so bored that he turned off his omnipotence to make the battle more interesting. The power gem alone gives him unlimited power. The space/time gem gives him unlimited control over the past present and future.. The IG >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Unipower/Quantum Bands

brainstorm01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thanos gets whooped. Doom ftw