• 80 results
#1 Posted by Judge17 (3 posts) - - Show Bio

Who would win between Thanos and the Silver Surfer in an all out battle.

#2 Posted by Vrakmul (23398 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos has totally kicked Surfer's rear in the past and he will do it again. Why must the surfer die so horrifically? WHY?!?!? What did he do to deserve this Oh and this belongs in the battle forums and welcome to ze vine
Post Edited:2007-12-21 07:07:07

#3 Posted by Adidas Demon (169 posts) - - Show Bio

I read another (yes another) comic in which Thanos owned Silver surfer. Silver Surfer couldn't even get a blast in nor a punch/kick, ect. very awesome fight. Thanos rules SS can't even touch him.

#4 Posted by the creator (8559 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree that prior to his death and against pre Annihiltion SS, Thanos possessed more raw power and was more ruthless in it's application.

However do not forget that SS has seemingly had a reinvigouration (power boost) from galactus when he became his herald again. This was clearly displayed in SS destroying a planet (??).

Anyway, the outcome of Thanos vs Post Annihilation SS may not be so clear cut.

#5 Posted by Adidas Demon (169 posts) - - Show Bio

Sorry haven't read Silver Surfer/Thanos in a while. Thanos is dead??? "prior to his death"

#6 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio

Adidas Demon says:

"Sorry haven't read Silver Surfer/Thanos in a while. Thanos is dead??? "prior to his death""
He was killed by Drax.
#7 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

Nobody says:

"Adidas Demon says:
"Sorry haven't read Silver Surfer/Thanos in a while. Thanos is dead??? "prior to his death""
He was killed by Drax. "

Which in my opinion was bad writing because Thanos is constantly owning Drax without a problem.

#8 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio

Eternal Chaos says:

"Nobody says:
"Adidas Demon says:
He was killed by Drax. "
Which in my opinion was bad writing because Thanos is constantly owning Drax without a problem."
Well Drax had that energy surrounding him. And he was suppost to be create to beat Thanos, so that energy was probably like a Kryptonite to Thanos.
#9 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

Nobody says:

"Eternal Chaos says:
"Nobody says:
"Adidas Demon says:
He was killed by Drax. "
Which in my opinion was bad writing because Thanos is constantly owning Drax without a problem."
Well Drax had that energy surrounding him. And he was suppost to be create to beat Thanos, so that energy was probably like a Kryptonite to Thanos. "

That energy is like, always around Drax. Thanos can normally handle Drax without a problem like he has so many times before with but a smack (I.E. Infinity Gauntlet when he DIDN'T have the Gauntlet). I think it was like Spider-Man defeating Firelord, or Superman having T-Vo. LoL

#10 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio

Eternal Chaos says:

"Nobody says:
"Eternal Chaos says:
"Nobody says:
"Adidas Demon says:
He was killed by Drax. "
Well Drax had that energy surrounding him. And he was suppost to be create to beat Thanos, so that energy was probably like a Kryptonite to Thanos. "
That energy is like, always around Drax. Thanos can normally handle Drax without a problem like he has so many times before with but a smack (I.E. Infinity Gauntlet when he DIDN'T have the Gauntlet). I think it was like Spider-Man defeating Firelord, or Superman having T-Vo. LoL"
I don't know.
#11 Posted by Noir_Dark (861 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos is roughly equal to the SS in power, but he has a Batman like brain. So just like he's done many times before- Thanos wins.

#12 Posted by Adidas Demon (169 posts) - - Show Bio

Noir_Dark says:

"Thanos is roughly equal to the SS in power, but he has a Batman like brain. So just like he's done many times before- Thanos wins. "

Equal in power? Apparently you haven't read many Thanos comics. Or read past posts. thanos beats Silver Surfer. No contest. But I do see you agree with me in the fact that Thanos wins.

Other note: -Drax killed Thanos? hardly possible. They've fought in the past with less results. Can any one tell me what Issue/ Something I would like to see to believe.

#13 Posted by lordraiden (6894 posts) - - Show Bio

Noir_Dark says:

"Thanos is roughly equal to the SS in power, but he has a Batman like brain. So just like he's done many times before- Thanos wins. "

thanos is much more powerfull than the surfer, he's always owned surfer and will always continue to own surfer, even after surfer's upgrade during annihilation.

#14 Posted by lordraiden (6894 posts) - - Show Bio

Adidas Demon says:

"Noir_Dark says:
Equal in power? Apparently you haven't read many Thanos comics. Or read past posts. thanos beats Silver Surfer. No contest. But I do see you agree with me in the fact that Thanos wins. Other note: -Drax killed Thanos? hardly possible. They've fought in the past with less results. Can any one tell me what Issue/ Something I would like to see to believe. "

Yeah, it sux, i know! It's a plot device giffen used during the annihilation mini for drax to take out thanos! how did giffen put it, drax is the silver bullet, and thanos is the target! plot device, pure and simple! although the annihilation mini was successfull and i thought it was good, it did have a few things that urked me, like drax basically just walking in and getting through thanos's forcefield and shoving his hand through his body and ripping out his heart! I think alot of people found that hard to swallow! I know drax was created to take down thanos, but that's nothing new, thats been his goal since he was created, and as stated previously, he was nothing more than a nuisance to thanos! last i saw of thanos, he was standing next to lady death as her consort, pretty much looking like death himself! haven't seen him since then!

#15 Posted by Noir_Dark (861 posts) - - Show Bio

Adidas Demon says:

"Noir_Dark says:

Equal in power? Apparently you haven't read many Thanos comics. Or read past posts. thanos beats Silver Surfer. No contest. But I do see you agree with me in the fact that Thanos wins.

Other note: -Drax killed Thanos? hardly possible. They've fought in the past with less results. Can any one tell me what Issue/ Something I would like to see to believe. "

While I agree that Thanos has more 'raw' power he lacks things that the SS has like his speed and matter manipulating abilities. Instead, Thanos has to rely on external powers (cosmic cubes, infinity gems...) and technologies to be on par with the Surfer. I've always considered his intellect and ruthlessness as his strongest assets.

#16 Posted by Adidas Demon (169 posts) - - Show Bio

lordraiden says:

"Adidas Demon says:
"Noir_Dark says:
Equal in power? Apparently you haven't read many Thanos comics. Or read past posts. thanos beats Silver Surfer. No contest. But I do see you agree with me in the fact that Thanos wins. Other note: -Drax killed Thanos? hardly possible. They've fought in the past with less results. Can any one tell me what Issue/ Something I would like to see to believe. "

Yeah, it sux, i know! It's a plot device giffen used during the annihilation mini for drax to take out thanos! how did giffen put it, drax is the silver bullet, and thanos is the target! plot device, pure and simple! although the annihilation mini was successfull and i thought it was good, it did have a few things that urked me, like drax basically just walking in and getting through thanos's forcefield and shoving his hand through his body and ripping out his heart! I think alot of people found that hard to swallow! I know drax was created to take down thanos, but that's nothing new, thats been his goal since he was created, and as stated previously, he was nothing more than a nuisance to thanos! last i saw of thanos, he was standing next to lady death as her consort, pretty much looking like death himself! haven't seen him since then!"

Smart man. great diction too. Thanos (in theory) should not die to Drax. Like I've said they have been in battle before with a different outcome. (yes Drax was designed to kill Thanos, blah, blah, blah) doesn't mean it's gonna happen. Any update on the issue in which Thanos's death occurred?

This probably should be in a different thread. Now that I think of it.

#17 Posted by lordraiden (6894 posts) - - Show Bio

Adidas Demon says:

"lordraiden says:
"Adidas Demon says:
"Noir_Dark says:
Yeah, it sux, i know! It's a plot device giffen used during the annihilation mini for drax to take out thanos! how did giffen put it, drax is the silver bullet, and thanos is the target! plot device, pure and simple! although the annihilation mini was successfull and i thought it was good, it did have a few things that urked me, like drax basically just walking in and getting through thanos's forcefield and shoving his hand through his body and ripping out his heart! I think alot of people found that hard to swallow! I know drax was created to take down thanos, but that's nothing new, thats been his goal since he was created, and as stated previously, he was nothing more than a nuisance to thanos! last i saw of thanos, he was standing next to lady death as her consort, pretty much looking like death himself! haven't seen him since then!"
Smart man. great diction too. Thanos (in theory) should not die to Drax. Like I've said they have been in battle before with a different outcome. (yes Drax was designed to kill Thanos, blah, blah, blah) doesn't mean it's gonna happen. Any update on the issue in which Thanos's death occurred? This probably should be in a different thread. Now that I think of it."

yeah, he died in annihilation #4! and i started a thread re: thanos and his where abouts during the week, I think!

#18 Posted by Noir_Dark (861 posts) - - Show Bio

Something else about the SS. This goes a way back- I think it may have appeared in a SS Annual that came out in the late 80s early 90s. But if I remember correctly the SS died and was then resurrected by some God(s) that the people of Zen-La worshipped.

#19 Posted by lordraiden (6894 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll post sum pics, once I work out how everyone else does it!

#20 Posted by Adidas Demon (169 posts) - - Show Bio

Pics would be great.

#21 Posted by lordraiden (6894 posts) - - Show Bio

Adidas Demon says:

"Pics would be great."

#22 Posted by lordraiden (6894 posts) - - Show Bio

#23 Posted by Adidas Demon (169 posts) - - Show Bio

Empty post. Qua?

#24 Posted by lordraiden (6894 posts) - - Show Bio

Adidas Demon says:

"Empty post. Qua?"

yeah, i know! just trying to work out this image shack thats used to post pics! will have it up for you soon! apologies for delay!

#25 Posted by lordraiden (6894 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Posted by warlock360 (27909 posts) - - Show Bio

miao^^

#27 Posted by lordraiden (6894 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#28 Posted by lordraiden (6894 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#29 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

lordraiden says:

"Noir_Dark says:
thanos is much more powerfull than the surfer, he's always owned surfer and will always continue to own surfer, even after surfer's upgrade during annihilation."

just beating him doesnt mean youre more powerful. he could have beaten him because he was smarter or a better fighter or more skilled at manipulating cosmic energy... that doesnt mean he's more powerful

#30 Posted by Adidas Demon (169 posts) - - Show Bio

Err. yes he is more powerful. how is Silver Surfer more "powerful" then?

Kick-@ss pic btw.

#31 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

Adidas Demon says:

"Err. yes he is more powerful. how is Silver Surfer more "powerful" then? Kick-@ss pic btw."

i never said silver surver was more powerful, i just said winning the fight doesnt mean that thanos is more powerful. i'm sure you've seen someone who was only equally as powerful or even less powerful than someone else win the fight right?

thanks, i thought it was cute :)

#32 Posted by Adidas Demon (169 posts) - - Show Bio

Sorry. I hate to even get in a debate with you. You seem like a nice person. But for the sake of a forum... Blah, Blah, Blah.. I agree "'m sure you've seen someone who was only equally as powerful or even less powerful than someone else win the fight right?" yes. Spider-man beat Juggernaut. Smarts won that fight though. Thanos got killed by Drax (makes no sense). But Silver Surfer gets beaten by Thanos in his own comic. His own comic he loses to Thanos. More Powerful: Thanos

#33 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

Adidas Demon says:

"Sorry. I hate to even get in a debate with you. You seem like a nice person. But for the sake of a forum... Blah, Blah, Blah.. I agree "'m sure you've seen someone who was only equally as powerful or even less powerful than someone else win the fight right?" yes. Spider-man beat Juggernaut. Smarts won that fight though. Thanos got killed by Drax (makes no sense). But Silver Surfer gets beaten by Thanos in his own comic. His own comic he loses to Thanos. More Powerful: Thanos"

spiderman loses in his own comic, batman has lost in his own comic, any character i've ever read has lost in their own comic, but it wasnt always to people who were more powerful than them. it happens all the time. you have to admit that winning and losing doesnt determine who's the most powerful, no matter whose comic the fight was in.

#34 Posted by Noir_Dark (861 posts) - - Show Bio

Ha! I just remembered that the SS is dead. Any bets on how long it will last? I say no later than spring.

#35 Posted by lordraiden (6894 posts) - - Show Bio

Noir_Dark says:

"Ha! I just remembered that the SS is dead. Any bets on how long it will last? I say no later than spring."

Surfer is not dead! i'm assuming your refuring to the mini requiem, which is out of continuity and bears no relivance on regular marvel u surfer!

#36 Posted by Noir_Dark (861 posts) - - Show Bio

Its out of continuity? then whats the point?

#37 Posted by lordraiden (6894 posts) - - Show Bio

Noir_Dark says:

"Its out of continuity? then whats the point? "

the point is that it's still an awsome story and that a story doesn't have to be in continuity to be good! some of the best stories are set outside of continuity because you can do things with said characters that you couldn't in normal continuity cause it won't reflect there regular title or status in there respective universe, as in silver surfer requiem! the mini is an awsome read, but there's no way there gonna set that in normal continuity cause there not gonna kill off there surfer!

#38 Posted by lordraiden (6894 posts) - - Show Bio

hope this works this time!

#39 Posted by Kreatis (44 posts) - - Show Bio
The_Martian said:
Eternal Chaos says: "Nobody says:"Eternal Chaos says:"Nobody says:"Adidas Demon says:"Sorry haven't read Silver Surfer/Thanos in a while. Thanos is dead??? ... [more]
guys he would have owned the shit out of drax had lady death not appeared before him. before he died he had some sort of epiphany... he wanted to be gone anyway. i guess death just told him he could finally get in her pants now =/
#40 Posted by Mortein (2683 posts) - - Show Bio
Kreatis said:
The_Martian said: Eternal Chaos says: "Nobody says:"Eternal Chaos says:"Nobody says:"Adidas Demon says:"Sorry haven't read Silver Surfer/Thanos in a while. Thanos ... [more]
Is it possible that Drax was powered up by Lady Death?
#41 Posted by LordCosmicKing (2629 posts) - - Show Bio

death turned off his immortality so i think unless he stayed conscious and rebuild his heart with his matter/energy manipulation he would have bn ko'ed at the least which is accepteable to me seeing as how drax has always had the strength reserve to accomplish his task..

#42 Posted by Vance Astro (91052 posts) - - Show Bio
@Thanos1992 said:
"

"
Way to post scans that aren't of the current Silver Surfer.
#43 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" @Thanos1992 said:
"

"
Way to post scans that aren't of the current Silver Surfer. "
And the scans are actually mine. Not to mention, Thanos sucker punched him anyway.
#44 Posted by Vance Astro (91052 posts) - - Show Bio

No it does matter because current Silver Surfer is more powerful than the one in those scans.

#45 Posted by Fortified_Hooligan (1975 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos has always toyed with surfer. 

That's an old surfer scan? Well, that version of thanos is just as old, and the relationship remained the same until Thanos got bush-whacked by  
Drax-tonite.
#46 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@Thanos1992 said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" No it does matter because current Silver Surfer is more powerful than the one in those scans. "
unless he got to level of sky father i doubt hes at thanos level Sky father league >Thanos Thanos >>>>>>Silver Surfer last encounter "
Only that the theory crumbles to dust when you see a severely weakened Silver Surfer matching Thanos energy output to free Galactus from imprisonment, during Annihilation, after Thanos' death. A failsafe that supposedly, only Thanos had sufficient energy to unlock.
#47 Posted by Vance Astro (91052 posts) - - Show Bio
@Thanos1992 said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" No it does matter because current Silver Surfer is more powerful than the one in those scans. "
unless he got to level of sky father i doubt hes at thanos level Sky father league >Thanos Thanos >>>>>>Silver Surfer last encounter "
This response is so worthless I don't even know how to respond to it.
#48 Edited by Vance Astro (91052 posts) - - Show Bio
@Thanos1992 said:

" @Vance Astro said:

" @Thanos1992 said:
" @Vance Astro said:
This response is so worthless I don't even know how to respond to it. "
how is worthless ? is the fact thats true make u shake that u cant even answer only sky father figures and higher have beaten thanos is silver surfer at that level , if he is then yea ill give it to u "
Because your post has nothing to do with what I am saying.Whether Silver Surfer will win or is more powerful than Thanos is none of my concern.I'm not actually debating this.All I am saying is that scan proves nothing because it's an older version of Silver Surfer.Don't tell me what I can and cannot answer.
#49 Posted by Lance Uppercut (23245 posts) - - Show Bio
@Fortified_Hooligan said:
" Thanos has always toyed with surfer.  That's an old surfer scan? Well, that version of thanos is just as old, and the relationship remained the same until Thanos got bush-whacked by  Drax-tonite. "
Drax-tonite? Actually, I think I might use that one...
#50 Posted by Vance Astro (91052 posts) - - Show Bio
@Thanos1992 said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" @Thanos1992 said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" @Thanos1992 said:
" @Vance Astro said:
This response is so worthless I don't even know how to respond to it. "
how is worthless ? is the fact thats true make u shake that u cant even answer only sky father figures and higher have beaten thanos is silver surfer at that level , if he is then yea ill give it to u "
Because your post has nothing to do with what I am saying.Whether Silver Surfer will win or is more powerful than Thanos is none of my concern.I'm not actually debating this.All I am saying is that scan proves nothing because it's an older version of Silver Surfer.Don't tell me what I can and cannot answer. "
okay then yea ur right it has nothing to do with that but i still dont see surfer wining this it was old post granted , but still all there fights end pretty much this way "
I don't know if the Surfer will win or not but in all honesty he should have been doing alot better against Thanos than he was shown to do.