Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ClarkWayne
No Caption Provided

Thanos

VS

No Caption Provided

Professor X

I have been hearing that Thanos is a very powerful telepath.

Who is the most powerful telepath between these two? Who would win in a mental battle only? No physical attacks, no prep.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By pooty

@ClarkWayne: If you're asking who can read minds the furthest distance away or who can take over the most minds at once or who is more skilled then Professor X for sure.

But if you are asking who would win if these two tried to attack each other mentally then Thanos would win for sure.

emperorznb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By emperorznb

@pooty said:

@ClarkWayne: If you're asking who can read minds the furthest distance away or who can take over the most minds at once or who is more skilled then Professor X for sure.

But if you are asking who would win if these two tried to attack each other mentally then Thanos would win for sure.

Took the words right out from my mouth xD But I'm guessing its a telepath battle where they would have to mindrape each other...

Bright_Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Bright_Blade

Professor X beat Pheonix. He can beat Thanos.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By Saren

@Bright_Blade said:

Stop it. He did not beat Phoenix.

Stronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Stronger

I am backing Thanos.He is on cosmic levels

thanobomb1124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By thanobomb1124
@CitizenBane

@Bright_Blade said:

Stop it. He did not beat Phoenix.

lol
Marksman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Marksman

Thanos does to Professor X exactly what Xavier threatened to do to Logan in X2.

In case you don't remember...

Logan, my tolerance for your smoking in the mansion nonwithstanding, continue smoking that thing in here and you will spend the rest of your days under the illusion that you are a seven year old girl.
ThanoStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ThanoStomp

I'll say the same for this fight as I did for Thanos vs. Despero in a TP battle - STALEMATE.

Why? Prof X is a powerful telepath and can use it as a very effective offensive weapon. Thanos has telepathic abilities but he rarely uses them offensively. The most recent being when he tried to mind-rape Big G. But he needed Moondragon's assistance to do so. Thanos seems to have a stronger defense than offense when it comes to telepathy and has repeatedly shown very strong resistance.

I think Prof X goes on the offensive and can't penetrate Thanos' defense, while Thanos doesn't offer up enough of an offensive threat to Prof X either - STALEMATE.
emperorznb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By emperorznb

@ThanoStomp: probably a stalemate... or Thanos might get the better of Xavier seeing that he defeated Moondragon which is Xavier with Cerebro levels. Also, he controlled the Fallen One. Probably leaning towards Thanos...

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos has the raw power to destroy Professor X's mind. Professor X is probably the more skilled in the use of telepathy, though.

BarelyAverage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By BarelyAverage

Thanos wins. If it were in the comics, plot devices would probably allow Thanos to get the better of Prof X.

Bright_Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Bright_Blade
No Caption Provided

@CitizenBane: @thanobomb1124: Read the Dark Pheonix saga. He wins this fight.

MyronLee26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14  Edited By MyronLee26

If we're just going on telepathy, Charles X wins this. Ive never seen Thanos do anything as impressive with his Telepathy as Prof X has.

The only one that I know of that Prof X admitted was more powerful than himself was Nate Grey / X-Man.

Avatar image for czarny_samael666
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By czarny_samael666

Thanos, a specially current one.

RoyalDivinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By RoyalDivinity

Stalemate.

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By nefarious

X is the more powerful telepath. Thanos would win in a mental battle.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By pooty

@Bright_Blade said:

No Caption Provided

She was insane. She was young. And she was fighting the person who taught her. He won't have those benefits against Thanos.

acer51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By acer51

@Bright_Blade: Dark phoneix is not as strong as normal phoneix, but be that as it mayi think that it would come down to astral form Xaivir winnign imo.

GreenFuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By GreenFuse

Professor X.

MyronLee26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22  Edited By MyronLee26

@acer51 said:

@Bright_Blade: Dark phoneix is not as strong as normal phoneix, but be that as it mayi think that it would come down to astral form Xaivir winnign imo.

You sure its not the other way around?

Freefa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Freefa11

@pooty: He won because Jean was helping him defeat herself. He says himself that he would have lost otherwise.

Despite that, I'm not sure Thanos has actual telepathy. He has a very strong mind and can beat most telepaths if they attempt to battle him mentally, but I don't think he can actually read minds or project thoughts. Maybe things have change since Thanos Imperative, but I think before that he always needed some sort of proxy or tech to initiate mental contact with someone else.

Bright_Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Bright_Blade

Professor X went toe to toe with Pheonix and mind raped Galactus. Thanos got owned by Squirrel Girl. Thanos gets his but kicked here.

Freefa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Freefa11

@Bright_Blade: No, Professor X did not mind rape Galactus. What's with people thinking everyone and their mother has beaten Galactus in some way?

Squirrel Girl would beat Professor X too. And Magneto. And Apocalypse. At the same time.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Saren

@Bright_Blade said:

No Caption Provided

On the very next page Xavier states that his brain would have melted if Jean hadn't been reining in the Phoenix's power.

Bright_Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Bright_Blade

@Freefa11: @CitizenBane: Actually, he said he sensed somewhere deep down the Jean must have been trying to help him. He still beat Dark Phoenix. If Jean hadn't been holding her back a little I admit it might have been a stalemate.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Saren

@Bright_Blade said:

@Freefa11: @CitizenBane: Actually, he said he sensed somewhere deep down the Jean must have been trying to help him. He still beat Dark Phoenix. If Jean hadn't been holding her back a little I admit it might have been a stalemate.

*facepalm*

Freefa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Freefa11

@Bright_Blade: Uh, actually he said this:

No Caption Provided
Bright_Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Bright_Blade

@Freefa11: You have to look at the situation logically. He's basically saying that he would have lost if Jean had decided to help Phoenix instead of him. I admit he couldn't have beat them two on one. Lets look at it like this to help you understand.

Jean and Phoenix vs Prof. X = Team wins

Jean and Prof. X vs Phoenix = Team wins.

So logically, Prof. X vs Phoenix one on one = stalemate.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By pooty

@Freefa11: I'm POSITIVE Professor X is not getting into Thanos head. No one not even Moondragon with the Mind gem could do it so X has no chance. But your right. Thanos does not read your mind or talk telepathically, he just mind rapes people. He can attack your mind and render you useless and he can rewire your brain like he did The Fallen.

Void_Paladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Void_Paladin

Anyone that can mind-rape a robot gets my vote.

No Caption Provided

As we can see here, this thread is clearly spite against Thanos. lol

Freefa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Freefa11

@pooty: Well, Moondragon supposedly couldn't read any of the Watch, she just didn't know back then that Thanos was one of them.

However, it looks like I was wrong about Thanos anyway. I was reminded of one of him having a mental battle with Drax in one of his earliest appearances, so I checked my old issues, and in Captain Marvel 28, he does indeed initiate a mental attack, from a distance of maybe 10 ft or so, on Drax the Destroyer, and does some pretty trippy stuff in his mind. So while it seems like he generally prefers not to use that power, I don't see any reason why he wouldn't have it anymore.

Avatar image for lordofallhumans
LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By LordOfAllHumans
@Bright_Blade said:

@Freefa11: You have to look at the situation logically. He's basically saying that he would have lost if Jean had decided to help Phoenix instead of him. I admit he couldn't have beat them two on one. Lets look at it like this to help you understand.

Jean and Phoenix vs Prof. X = Team wins

Jean and Prof. X vs Phoenix = Team wins.

So logically, Prof. X vs Phoenix one on one = stalemate.

Not when he says he would have lost if not for Jean, that is not a statement made by somebody that  is equal to their opponent.  Phoenix even allowed Emma Frost to fight with her on equal ground to gauge the extent of her foes power, she is toying with them, and then she turns it up, to it's a technique of hers.  Jean would not be fighting against him to begin with, so there was no Jean and Phoenix vs Prof X, if she was not fighting her Phoenix self the battle would not have lasted as long as it did. 
No Caption Provided
acer51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By acer51

It seems that Xaiver has better feats then Thanos....

emperorznb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By emperorznb

@acer51 said:

Yet Thanos is impervious to psionic attacks...

Bright_Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Bright_Blade

@LordOfAllHumans:

Sure they do. Imagine if wolverine were fighting an evil version of himself and jubilee. He knows he will most likely lose until evil Jubilee decides to help him. After the fight he would say, I would have lost if Jubilee didn't decide to help me. That's what happened here. Jean could've tipped the scales in either persons favor. She decided to help Charles which is why he won. He and Dark Phoenix would've stalemated otherwise.

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By LordOfAllHumans
@Bright_Blade said:

@LordOfAllHumans:

Sure they do. Imagine if wolverine were fighting an evil version of himself and jubilee. He knows he will most likely lose until evil Jubilee decides to help him. After the fight he would say, I would have lost if Jubilee didn't decide to help me. That's what happened here. Jean could've tipped the scales in either persons favor. She decided to help Charles which is why he won. He and Dark Phoenix would've stalemated otherwise.

That's a horrible analogy, Jubilee would not be a part of Wolverine and thus is adding power that would not be available to either Wolverine.  If Jean would have done nothing he would have lost, if Jean gave in to Phoenix, he would have lost, he only survived because she helped him, he said it himself.  He engaged her Phoenix self, with just the two of them (Dark Phoenix and Prof. X) he was losing, there was no stalemate, there was a battle, the same way her fight with Emma started with her using the same amount of power Emma had, until she was done playing and showed she had more power to spare.  Phoenix is more powerful than he is, no ifs ands or buts, he even admits that Jean is more powerful than him and would surpass him due to her potential, so in the power department he is screwed.  She helped him which means she held back the power, they are not two beings (Phoenix self/Jean Grey soul) adding power to each other to create a more powerful foe, it is one power split between two selves, that power was too much for Xavier.
thanobomb1124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By thanobomb1124

Mr X might be the most powerful TP on earth but not of the cosmos.

acer51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By acer51

@emperorznb said:

@acer51 said:

Yet Thanos is impervious to psionic attacks...

Yeah but thats because Thanos is the suitor of a Deathgod and there are perks to that but you see what going on up there Xaiver was able to hold his own aganst Phoneix and yes phoneix wasn't at full power but that was ONLY because Jean grey was fighting on the inside that Psionic fire monster was really trying to kill Xaiver and Jean was the only thing stoping it from doing it instantly but the fact that Xaiver and do that is a feat that shows his mastery in telepathy.

Phoneix was renouned across egypt as a godess if the egyptians were right Xaiver beat a godess.

CosmosTyrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By CosmosTyrant
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Thanos talking to the SS through Light years

CosmosTyrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By CosmosTyrant
No Caption Provided

Who care's if you can k'o a robot with TP. When only your name make's your enemies fear you.

acer51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By acer51

@CosmosTyrant: Just because Thanos looks like death dosn't mean he'll have an edge over Xaiver.

Avatar image for thewitchinghour
TheWitchingHour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#44  Edited By TheWitchingHour

Xavier did hold his own against the mind gem. He lost but after a very intense confrontation. I realize that he was facing Parker Robbins who is not exactly an adept telepath...but that's still an incredible feat. Taking on the collective unconscious of the universe.

emperorznb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By emperorznb

@acer51 said:

Yeah but thats because Thanos is the suitor of a Deathgod and there are perks to that but you see what going on up there Xaiver was able to hold his own aganst Phoneix and yes phoneix wasn't at full power but that was ONLY because Jean grey was fighting on the inside that Psionic fire monster was really trying to kill Xaiver and Jean was the only thing stoping it from doing it instantly but the fact that Xaiver and do that is a feat that shows his mastery in telepathy.

Phoneix was renouned across egypt as a godess if the egyptians were right Xaiver beat a godess.

1. Just because he is a suitor of Lady Death doesn't mean that he has an advantage...
  2. Xavier beat Phoenix? He struggled really hard in that psionic battle. While Thanos was shown to be unaffected by psionics from Moondragon with the mind gem. And Moondragon has some mastery over the mind gem that makes her psionics a force to be reckoned with. If Xavier would probably attack him by means of TP... he would fail.

Titansanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Titansanger

Thanos may take it, granted he doesnt have as many TP feats as Charles but the feats he has both offensive/defence give him a great chance of winning.

Siafon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Siafon

Xavier wins this battle. Thanos would make it interesting,and entertaining. But that's all, Charles Xavier wins. Unleshed he fought the Phoenix, and binded it in Jean Grey's mind for a while. As Onslaught before he assimilated Xman, and Franklin Richards his pure psionic ability was enough to beat Juggernaunt, and rip the crimson jewel of Cyttorak from his chest. Just using telepathic ability it's Xavier.

Titansanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Titansanger

Thanos was able to shield his mind from Moondragon who was using the mind gem, it took Mantis, MD and Cosmo to shut his mind down whilst he was weak. He destroyed the Makers mind and almost mindraped a well nourished Galatucs. And in his weaker pre resurection form before death upgraged his power in Thanos Quest, he beat Moondragon in a mind war..the same MD that was enslving planets with TP.

Nightcrawler23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Nightcrawler23

Cerebro or not, Charlie wins. Thanos secretly wants to lose. A fight in his mind would only amplify that secret desire. Thanos has more powers besides telepathy, which means he doesn't use it nearly as much as Charlie, who depends on it. Charlie X might die of brain leakage a few seconds after, but he wins. This is to the death, right?

LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By LordOfAllHumans
@Siafon said:

Xavier wins this battle. Thanos would make it interesting,and entertaining. But that's all, Charles Xavier wins. Unleshed he fought the Phoenix, and binded it in Jean Grey's mind for a while. As Onslaught before he assimilated Xman, and Franklin Richards his pure psionic ability was enough to beat Juggernaunt, and rip the crimson jewel of Cyttorak from his chest. Just using telepathic ability it's Xavier.

just wanted to add that when he beat Juggernaut, he hadn't assimilated Franklin yet either...just adding to the awesomeness.