Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By The_Soverighn

The Fight Takes Place On The Moon

Thanos (Full Strength)

Orion: (Mother Box) & Morg (Full Power Cosmic)

To Death/K.O or Hyper Sleep

No Prep/Sudden Encounter

Thanos
Thanos
Morg
Morg
Orion
Orion
Enosisik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Enosisik

"Full power cosmic" is still only a small % of Galactus's power, correct? I could see a reason for any of them winning, so this one is up to the writer.

DocFatalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By DocFatalis

Why is the tittle of the thread Orion and MORG?

Enosisik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Enosisik

He obviously made a mistake.. No big deal .

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By TifaLockhart

Morg has actually made Thanos look bad. Surfer? Not so much.

kcaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By kcaz

Thanos wins. he can stomp both of them individually

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By jeanroygrant
  1. Thanos
  2. Silver Surfer
  3. Orion

Thanos solo's.

The_Soverighn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By The_Soverighn

@DocFatalis: thanks

The_Soverighn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By The_Soverighn

BUMP

Avatar image for czarny_samael666
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By czarny_samael666

Thanos wins against Surfer/Orion + Morg.

gonjasufi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By gonjasufi

Thread Title: Orion & Morg

Thread Description: Orion & Silver Surfer

Pictures: Morg & Silver Surfer

How did you even...?

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12  Edited By Killemall

@gonjasufi said:

How did you even...?

LOL

well i think thanos can beat any of the combination be it Orin And Morg, SS and Morg and Morg and Silver Surfer.

@The_Last_Son_of_Czarnia said:

When did this happen? Also thanos has got heaps of power boost lately, it will be fun to see him on Avengers Initiative 4, given the fact that Guardians of Galaxy are meant to come to earth to help heroes early sign is Thanos is going to beat the heroes :)

blackadamFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By blackadamFTW

@Killemall said:

@gonjasufi said:

How did you even...?

LOL

well i think thanos can beat any of the combination be it Orin And Morg, SS and Morg and Morg and Silver Surfer.

When did this happen? Also thanos has got heaps of power boost lately, it will be fun to see him on Avengers Initiative 4, given the fact that Guardians of Galaxy are meant to come to earth to help heroes early sign is Thanos is going to beat the heroes :)

I'm pretty sure he can beat Aquaman and Morg, too, haha

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By pooty

@The_Last_Son_of_Czarnia: when did thanos face morg? and how did morg make him look bad?

@The_Soverighn: what is hyper sleep?

@Killemall: you just gave me all the reason i need to pick up Avengers initiative 4. Maybe the SS vs Thanos debate will be put to rest........................as if there were any doubt.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By TifaLockhart

In truth, I do not know the issue number. But it's the only concession I've ever got from the numerous anti-Darkseid factions from various boards of a top-tier character making it difficult for Thanos.

I've cited Gamora drawing blood and outfighting him (which I do own the issue of) and gotten nothing. "That's spit." "Thanos could've killed her." "insert-Thanos-defense-here."

You gotta remember too, these people absolutely hate Darkseid. They've gone on record as saying Raker beat him up, that Darkseid struggled against the Darkstars, they constantly reference the stairs incident and the mugging without saying that he was depowered.

Even when I provided strong evidence of Darkseid oneshotting Superman with a punch, they had excuses, and one even said that it would put him at Captain Marvel (DC) level at best.

So yeah, I love Thanos, but I'm a little bitter.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Killemall

In truth, I do not know the issue number. But it's the only concession I've ever got from the numerous anti-Darkseid factions from various boards of a top-tier character making it difficult for Thanos.

I've cited Gamora drawing blood and outfighting him (which I do own the issue of) and gotten nothing. "That's spit." "Thanos could've killed her." "insert-Thanos-defense-here."

You gotta remember too, these people absolutely hate Darkseid. They've gone on record as saying Raker beat him up, that Darkseid struggled against the Darkstars, they constantly reference the stairs incident and the mugging without saying that he was depowered.

Even when I provided strong evidence of Darkseid oneshotting Superman with a punch, they had excuses, and one even said that it would put him at Captain Marvel (DC) level at best.

So yeah, I love Thanos, but I'm a little bitter.

Well if you remember the instance more accurately could you please explain.

Gamora isnt even capable of hurting Thanos so thats either a PIS or Thanos faking his own blood, remember as an eternal you have complete control over your body. And that's definitely not spit it was red in color.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By pooty

@The_Last_Son_of_Czarnia: @Killemall: yes, the issue number is not important but just recall what you can. and gamora is fully capable of hurting Thanos in a sparring match. but i wouldn't use that as evidence against Thanos. they were sparring

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Killemall

@pooty said:

@The_Last_Son_of_Czarnia: @Killemall: yes, the issue number is not important but just recall what you can. and gamora is fully capable of hurting Thanos in a sparring match. but i wouldn't use that as evidence against Thanos. they were sparring

Given the fact that it took couple of punches from Thor (with power gem) and he has withstood attacks from the likes of Hulk, Thing all of whom are much stronger than Gamora i am still having it hard to believe. Not to mention in the same issue she herself admits she is incapable of hurting Thanos.

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#19  Edited By nefarious

Thanos wins.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By TifaLockhart

@pooty: Sparring or not, how would that affect his durability and his admitting that he "couldn't lay a glove on her."?

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By pooty

@Killemall: the fight was drawn to be dramatic so i get that. and if i hit mike tyson or dwight howard or Brock Lesnar in the nose at the right angle, i think i can make them bleed and i'm a nerd.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By pooty

@The_Last_Son_of_Czarnia: as killemall stated it took power gem Thor a couple hits to make him bleed, yet gamora made him bleed when only sparring. it's just the artist making the fight look dramatic. but if you look at his most common durability feat you see that the gamora feat is only because the artist drew it that way. and technically darkseid should not be able to tag wonder woman or batman if you go by normal showings. gamora is faster than Thanos is. yet he has dodged blast from SS and can react to Mjolnir.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By TifaLockhart

@pooty: I totally agree that it is a low showing and not the norm.

But it still stands is my point. I only bring it up because it's one of possibly 3 low showings for Thanos.

Avatar image for almighty_darkseid
Almighty_Darkseid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thanos stomp

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By pooty

@The_Last_Son_of_Czarnia: what are the other two low showings? but i have never heard of sparring being used as a basis for a real battle. When Wonder Woman was blind and she beat the entire justice league while sparring, i wouldn't dream of using that as evidence of WW being super strong or the JLA being weak. Or when Wolverine was sparring with Iron Fist in New Avengers. I wouldn't use that to say Wolverine can beat him and i DEFINITELY wouldnt use that to say Squirrel Girl can take Wolverine.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By TifaLockhart

@pooty: Squirrel-Girl and Morg.

As I said, the Gamora sparring match is definitely not an average showing, but it is still a factor in my opinion and should not be ignored simply because it's a low showing. It happened.

I suppose I might overdo it, but that's because every bad showing for Thanos gets retconned into being a stupid clone. It's literally worse than Doombots, M-Bodies, and Darkseid avatars - and Darkseid avatars have never been shown to lose!

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By pooty

@The_Last_Son_of_Czarnia: If i'm just talking to someone(like we are now) i would bring up the Squirrel Girl and Gamora thing. we would probably get a laugh out of it. But if i'm arguing FOR Darkseid, there is no way in hell i would bring that up!! Not only was it retconned. Not only did it go against his regular showings. But the sheer thought of it should scream PIS/WIS/BS. On the same note, if i'm arguing FOR thanos, i'm not going to say he was strong enough to hurt Galactus when Thanos blasted him. Each debater has their own style, but i use a curve. I take out the top high end feat. ANd i take out the low end feats and go by the average. It's cool to casually discuss the Squirrel girl/gamora feat. but using it as a basis for a debate is a desperate move. Just my humble opinion.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By TifaLockhart

@pooty: Fair enough. I only bring it up to show that Thanos isn't as invincible as some make him out to be. It's like if someone brings up Superman beating Darkseid - I'm not going to gloss over it and pretend it never happened. But I do accept that it "counts."

Maybe I am the bad guy.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By pooty

@The_Last_Son_of_Czarnia: Thanos is my favorite all time character but "invincible"? Not close. Odin beat him. yeah Thanos was still standing and ready for more but Odin was ready to beat that butt. Tyrant was destroying him. fanboys defend Thanos so much it makes regular fans of his look bad. But if i may be honest. Using the Squirrel girl and Gamora thing against Thanos is just as desperate as fanboys saying he is invincible. And saying Thanos lost to Morg or was on the ropes is a stretch also. That battle is very inconclusive and only show thanos being tackled and he rolls out of it. But what are they using as low showing for Darkseid. I thought he was made to be more powerful than conventional heroes?

No Caption Provided
ThatThorFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By ThatThorFan

@gonjasufi said:

How did you even...?

:D

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By TifaLockhart

@pooty: Fair enough. You raise good points. I concede that it's cheap to lowball either side, despite what the opposition does.

As far as "low showings" for Darkseid go, almost always, his loss to Superman is brought up.

Yes. Losing to Superman is a low showing for him, and means he loses to everyone and their brother and is a joke of a character and that he whines for quarter all the time.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By pooty

@The_Last_Son_of_Czarnia: Losing to Superman is a low showing for him

That's it? Just that? Wow they are desperate to make him look bad. I think Thanos lost to Adam Warlock who...............I really don't know what Warlock can do. lol

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By TifaLockhart

@pooty: If Darkseid were Sephiroth, Thanos would be Kefka.

The extremist fanboys don't like them both, so they constantly try to bring the opposition down. It's kinda sickening.

Freefa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Freefa11

@pooty: I think it is Cosmic Powers 5 where Thanos fights Morg. If anything, Thanos won that fight. Morg did tackle him, which is actually better than most, and Thanos looked desperate at one point, which is odd, but then he drops Morg to his knees with an energy blast. I think Thanos' fight with Tyrant the next issue was a bit more telling. Even being a loss, it showed Thanos holding up significantly better than small groups of Herald level characters.

I always figured the blood was basically an artistic goof, much like when Batman kicked Darkseid (and probably various other Batman showings, or various Captain America showings when he fights cosmic level characters). Thanos has been in many fights and taken many hits, to the point that if Gamora could actually hurt him like that, it is probably more reasonable to figure she's a lot stronger than anyone previously thought. Plus, they both said he was faking actually being hurt (hence the artistic goof; faking pain is easy, but faking bleeding is a bit harder, though I guess technically he could have fake blood tabs in his mouth or something, just in case he needs to fake an injury for whatever reason).

Of course, Gamora being a more skilled and more agile fighter than Thanos is completely believable; she is supposed to be one of the best in the MU, even if she hasn't actually fought a lot of other top-tier fighters. It's just the idea of her actually hurting him that is off.

From what I recall, Raker was hurt in that exchange too. DS took out the Darkstars pretty easily, from what I recall, but I've never gotten the impression they were at the level of A-list Lanterns. Then again, I've mostly only seen them in GL issues and crossovers, but I think Donna had some difficulty with Parademons and Kalibak.

Stewart might be the best comparison there, since he's been both. Do you know if his Darkstar feats are up to the level of his GL feats?

Is that Superman/Batman, when he punches him through the door? Sorry if this sounds like another excuse, but if you took two heavyweight pro-boxers, and gave one guy a free shot at the other's head with no warning and no chance to defend himself, that "fight" is going to look a whole lot more one-sided than it would if they had an actual ring bout.

In all seriousness, yes, I would fully expect Captain Marvel, Lobo, or Orion (or even Wonder Woman, for that matter) to send Superman reeling under similar circumstances, and vice-versa (Superman actually has batted away Orion with a single blow, and it shouldn't have even been as surprising as with DS hitting Supes, since Orion was facing him and telling him to get up; whether or not Orion was KO'd is impossible to tell, but it took him a good while to catch up with Supes). Like I said, you look at either pro-boxing or UFC fights, and it's easy to see that with a lot of these guys (especially the boxers), giving one of them a free hit out of the blue could easily change a fight from lasting 20 minutes to only 5 seconds (there's one infamous UFC event where Heath Herring knocked out his opponent before the fight even started by punching the guy for kissing him when they were supposed to touch gloves).

If it's another issue you're thinking of, could you let me know what it is?

The thing with Superman vs. Darkseid is that neither of them have a huge number of wins over the other. However, Superman has hurt Darkseid with punches on several occasions. Superman has also taken punches from DS without being KO'd on several occasions. He's also taken Omega shots without being KO'd on several occasions, and a few other characters have as well. Darkseid has probably been in fewer fights than a lot of people realize, considering how long he's been around, and a significant percentage of them are actually with Superman. Moreso than any other single character, in fact, including Orion, which is why he's actually a very useful measuring stick. Darkseid has not beaten any really high-level opponents that I'm aware of, or had extended battles with Skyfather level opponents either; Thanos' losses to Tyrant and Odin are actually more impressive than Darkseid's wins over Superman because of how powerful the characters are.

Another thing to keep in mind is that saying one character can win isn't the same as saying the character will always win. Sometimes I feel like when I debate DS's power level and say Superman can and has beaten him, people somehow take this to mean I'm saying Superman should always beat him, even easily. Not so. Just consider that if Darkseid has, say, a 6/10 advantage, that means in 10 fights, we could expect him to lose 4 of them. Even a 7/10 advantage, having him lose is possible, if increasingly unlikely.

My basic view is that if DS is viewed as a character with a 6/10 or 7/10 advantage over Superman, his "low showings" are actually not very low at all, while at the same time, most of his "high showings" aren't outrageously high either. I think it averages out well. It is the people who adamantly claim a 10/10 advantage for DS that I feel have the problems, because then his low-showings are very low, and require significantly more explanation and handwaving to get around.

Incidentally, as far as I recall, only 2-3 instances have been retconned to being Thanos clones; the fight with Kazar, and the fight with Thor when Thanos was working with Mangog. I'm not even sure what the 3rd would be, I just feel there could be one. I don't think that is especially egregious, especially compared to the use of Doombots.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By TifaLockhart

@Freefa11: I actually know next to nothing about the Darkstars. But my point was that it was being misconstrued as a low showing for Darkseid when he clearly was winning. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

As far as Darkseid's KO of Superman, it's not the barn instance. I'm talking about when Superman got punched into the Source Wall and doesn't remember anything else before "waking up." Darkseid was brooding while he was in it.

As far as Thanos clones go, I'm no expert but people have gone so far as to say that the Squirrel Girl loss wasn't a loss, and you know it's bad when PAD retcons the Thor showing (which wasn't even bad) and THEN Starlin retcons it further. I'd have to do some digging, but I'm pretty sure there were a bunch of clones.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By pooty

@Freefa11: @The_Last_Son_of_Czarnia:

Squirrel girl was a clone even though the Watcher was right there and said: My cosmic senses can tell that this is the real Thanos and not a clone.

Thor fought a clone of THanos in the "Designate" series where Thor had to get alot of power ups to defeat THanos(clone)

I think(not sure) it was a THanos clone in "Thanos: The Abyss

Freefa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Freefa11

@pooty: @The_Last_Son_of_Czarnia

Hm, as far as I'm aware, the Thanosi retcons only come from Infinity Abyss, and didn't mention anything about Squirrel Girl. I know I've seen many people claim that it was a Thanos clone, but I don't remember reading anything in an issue saying so. But then, I've missed some of Thanos' later appearances.

Can Squirrel Girl even be beaten anyway? She basically seems to have the Toon Force.

Who's PAD?

I always got the impression that Starlin retconned Thanos' appearance in Thor more because it moved him back into the role of nihilistic evil guy, as opposed to more of the anti-hero Starlin had been turning him into. I don't have any evidence from an interview or anything, just a feeling based on how the issue of the nihilistic Thanos clones in Infinity Abyss was addressed.

Plus, while I did enjoy that arc, Thanos getting his hands on yet another deus ex machina of universal uber-death was more than a little tired at that point.

As far as Darkseid's KO of Superman, it's not the barn instance. I'm talking about when Superman got punched into the Source Wall and doesn't remember anything else before "waking up." Darkseid was brooding while he was in it.

Ah, that's in a later issue of Superman/Batman. That seems a little unfair though; just about anyone is going to get KO'd by being knocked into the Source Wall. Even Spectre got messed up by it when he tried to breach it in Genesis, as well as Yuga Khan, now that I think about it.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By TifaLockhart

@Freefa11: Peter David's initials.

Freefa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Freefa11

@The_Last_Son_of_Czarnia: I do not believe Peter David actually retconned anything.

I did some searching, and it looks like the Squirrel Girl event was probably retconned in She-Hulk 13 (2006). I say probably, because all it states is that even the "most cosmic of beings" wouldn't be able to tell a Thanos clone (or at least, that particular Thanos clone) from the real thing, but it does not specifically mention Squirrel Girl or the Watcher. However, both SH 13 and the Great Lakes XMas special were written by Dan Slott (and within the same year, for that matter), and I really can't imagine the need to point out being able to fool cosmic beings aside from that instance, so it was most likely referring to the Squirrel Girl event. It wasn't Starlin Retconning it, though, it was the same author, which makes me wonder if he never intended for it to be the real Thanos. Both the XMas special and the SH 12-13 issues are pretty silly and tongue-in-cheek (in She-Hulk, the Living Tribunal personally appears before her to tell her to attend Star Fox's trial).

In re-reading the scene in Infinity Abyss, it does seem pretty clear he is condemning three appearances of Thanos based on characterization, rather than their power. He refers to them as basically illogical, unpredictable, and needlessly destructive. The three events retconned are his encounter with Kazar, his fight with Thor in Jurgen's run, and the Avengers Celestial Quest mini-series.

Also, thinking about it, while I overall liked the Jurgens story, there were at least 2 or 3 times when Mangog was about to kill Thor, and Thanos told him to stop and leave the Thunder God be. Definitely harkens back to the oldschool "I'll defeat myself subconsciously" Thanos. I can see Starlin having some issues with that.

I found these three pages to be very helpful. Interestingly, it appears the Thanos that encountered Kazar was originally never meant to be the real Thanos anyway, but Korvac in disguise. But when the writer wasn't allowed to use Korvac, he apparently just got lazy and just left it Thanos, necessitating the retcon.

http://goodcomics.comicbookresources.com/2011/10/16/meta-messages-will-the-real-thanos-please-stand-up-part-1/

http://goodcomics.comicbookresources.com/2011/10/17/meta-messages-will-the-real-thanos-please-stand-up-part-2/

http://goodcomics.comicbookresources.com/2011/10/18/meta-messages-will-the-real-thanos-please-stand-up-part-3/

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By TifaLockhart

I can't argue with opinion, but personally I just see things differently.

The_Soverighn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By The_Soverighn

bump

Avatar image for almighty_darkseid
Almighty_Darkseid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

morg solos with ease

deadpool6_6_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By deadpool6_6_6

morg

The_Soverighn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By The_Soverighn

eternityx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos would beat either member of the team easily. But together it would be slightly more difficult, but Thanos would still prevail.

lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By lol

Thanos vs Orion, Morg, SS and Aquaman (add by BlackAdamFTW) and Thanos still win