"Thanos, man....he's a cosmic being."

but apocalypse couldnt even touch onslaught so what now
#4 Posted by WindCloud (2678 posts) - - Show Bio
@vegeta said:
"
@WindCloud said:
but apocalypse couldnt even touch onslaught so what now "
Yeah, but don't forget that, with Apocalypse & Onslaught, we're talking about 2 beings whose operations are limited to Earth, and MAYBE just the surrounding solar-system neighborhood.  But, Thanos actually became one with the whole universe at one point, AND he married Death.  So, yeah, he would pretty much curbstomp Onslaught (and Apocalypse too, if necessary).
#5 Posted by vegeta (4902 posts) - - Show Bio
@WindCloud said:
"
@vegeta said:
"
@WindCloud said:
but apocalypse couldnt even touch onslaught so what now "
Yeah, but don't forget that, with Apocalypse & Onslaught, we're talking about 2 beings whose operations are limited to Earth, and MAYBE just the surrounding solar-system neighborhood.  But, Thanos actually became one with the whole universe at one point, AND he married Death.  So, yeah, he would pretty much curbstomp Onslaught (and Apocalypse too, if necessary)."
good enough for me
#6 Posted by Push (1552 posts) - - Show Bio
@WindCloud said:

Thanos, easily! It'd take more that the combined merger of Prof X & Mags to defeat someone like Thanos.
#7 Posted by Vrakmul (23849 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos beats onslaught because Onslaught is bad writing given form.

#8 Posted by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos has more rep and experience, plus the IG gives him a landslide

#9 Posted by monaroCountry (15 posts) - - Show Bio

Onslaught for the easy win, he siphoned energy from all living things in the Universe and was in effect slowly destroying the universe itself. His aim at the end was to burn and remake the universe.

Cosmic being or not Onslaught was far more powerful than people give him credit for. Onslaught was able to easily subdue the Pheonix force and trap Juggernaut in the ruby which even Dr. Strange couldn't do with such impunity.

#10 Posted by lonefang6x6 (422 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos

#11 Posted by buttersdaman000 (9728 posts) - - Show Bio

squirrel girl

#12 Posted by TruePwnge (2764 posts) - - Show Bio

Physical Force is no concern for Thanos since he regularly pimpslaps the Marvel verse anyway. Thanos can put up a great physical fight, he's got sheilds, with no shields he's durable enough to take hits from Galaxy busters like Odin and he can probably destroy Onslaughts physical form by going DeathStar and destroying the whole planet

However if Onslaught is at full potential then this is only half the battle won for the Titan because Onslaught can keep going without a body
Then again in the battle of minds Thanos is no slouch, he owned MoonDragon and even has feats against Galactus in Telepathy, 
Can Thanos really put Onslaught down? because Onslaught evolved into an abstract being with reality warping abilities, in this case Onslaught will beat the Titan? Maybe Onslaught wins?  but ultimately Onslaught for all his power didn't have the brains or experience to back it up

In a random encounter I give it to Onslaught

Prep time, then Thanos will own him

#13 Posted by High Revolutionary (3166 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think Onslaught could  realistically stop Thanos.
#14 Posted by capall (8278 posts) - - Show Bio
@High Revolutionary said:
"I don't think Onslaught could  realistically stop Thanos. "
#15 Posted by MKF30 (11635 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos
#16 Posted by Ownerz (1122 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos would drain him

#17 Posted by e9o14 (8 posts) - - Show Bio

Onslaught would win. The powers that Thanos had were temporary and given him by Infinity gems etc. Onslaught is a reality warping, telepathic megolamaniac. His powers are permanant. i love Thanos but he`d lose hands down.

#18 Posted by Lance Uppercut (23245 posts) - - Show Bio

No prep, Thanos get's stomped.

#19 Posted by cracks (6781 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lance Uppercut: I am not so sure about that. Thanos can defeat Silver Surfer. Silver SUrfer can defeat Onslaught. So logically Thanos can defeat Onslaught.                  %Pr
#20 Posted by Lance Uppercut (23245 posts) - - Show Bio
@cracks said:
" @Lance Uppercut: I am not so sure about that. Thanos can defeat Silver Surfer. Silver SUrfer can defeat Onslaught. So logically Thanos can defeat Onslaught.                  %Pr "
Silver Surfer can't defeat Onslaught. What would even give you that impression?
#21 Posted by cracks (6781 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lance Uppercut: Silver Surfer has a fraction of the power of Galactus. Onslaught at full power is Franklin, X-Man, Magneto and Xavier. X-Man and Franklin were both resisting him by the way, so even that makes him weaker than he should be.  I also figure that Thor and Silver Surfer are roughly on the  same level and I know that Thor can eventually defeat Onslaught. If Onslaught is > than Silver Surfer, then why haven't we seen Onslaught even challenge someone like Thanos, like Silver Surfer has? Hulk managed to break his psychic armor.  Onslaught is a being of pure psychic energy. Silver Surfer can manipulate energy. He can also specifically manipulate psychic energy.  Could you see almost all of Marvel's heroes jumping into Silver SUrfer and defeating him by overloading him that way?         %Pr
#22 Posted by Lance Uppercut (23245 posts) - - Show Bio
@cracks said:
" @Lance Uppercut: Silver Surfer has a fraction of the power of Galactus. Onslaught at full power is Franklin, X-Man, Magneto and Xavier. X-Man and Franklin were both resisting him by the way, so even that makes him weaker than he should be.  I also figure that Thor and Silver Surfer are roughly on the  same level and I know that Thor can eventually defeat Onslaught. If Onslaught is > than Silver Surfer, then why haven't we seen Onslaught even challenge someone like Thanos, like Silver Surfer has? Hulk managed to break his psychic armor.  Onslaught is a being of pure psychic energy. Silver Surfer can manipulate energy. He can also specifically manipulate psychic energy.  Could you see almost all of Marvel's heroes jumping into Silver SUrfer and defeating him by overloading him that way?         %Pr "
1. Even when they were resisting him, he still proved able to demolish the Avengers, the Fantastic Four, the X-Men, etc. Surfer couldn't stand up to a combined attack from those groups.
2. Thor wasn't even close to Onslaught. If I remember correctly, Thor actually died fighting Onslaught. That's why Red Norvell was brought in for awhile. 
3. We haven't seen him challenge Thanos because he was BFRed (not beat, BFRed) by Franklin Richards, a high level reality warper, while others were literally sacrificing themselves to stop him.
4. Once again, Onslaught was most powerful in his final form. He wanted his armor broken because he could become an abstract entity that way. He was probably closer to Aegis or Tenebrous in power level then Surfer or Thanos. The fact that he had to be overloaded and BFRed was a testament to his power in his final form.
#23 Posted by cracks (6781 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lance Uppercut: 1. Generally speaking, when someone defeats a bunch of teams at the same time, that does not accurately measure each individual team member's full potential.  Why would Silver Surfer lose to those teams?

2. Well, Thor with Odinforce. 
3. Well, are you stipulating that Franklin can defeat Silver Surfer? I am not so sure, but I may be wrong. And why haven't we seen Onslaught accomplish the feats that the Silver Surfer has?

4. True. Okay. 

But again, Onslaught, as powerful as he is, is a being of pure psychic energy. SIlver Surfer can manipulate psychic energy, so there does not even have to be a fight there.             %Pr
#24 Posted by Lance Uppercut (23245 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Generally speaking, that doesn't apply when you have the combined powers of Franklin Richards, X-Man, Magneto, and Charles Xavier inside of you, and you know how to properly apply those powers. And why would Surfer lose? It was Thor and a plethora of other incredibly powerful characters. I doubt Surfer would even make a massive dent against that team.

2. Way to go for the cop out, using a character that's supposed to be Skyfather level. Though honestly, I still saw very little from OF Thor that would suggest he'd fair much better. His father had a far better grasp of the abilities it provided then Thor ever did.

3. Did you really try to suggest that Surfer would have a chance against a reality warper of Franklins abilities/ The kid is walking Deus Ex Machina. Just like his dad. And once again, kind of hard to accomplish feats like Surfer when you were only around for maybe a year. 

When has Surfer ever manipulated psychic energy on the level of Onslaught?

#25 Posted by cracks (6781 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lance Uppercut: The SIlver SUrfer can manipulate and control of forms of energy. Psyhich energy is energy, so Onslaught is basically a puppet for Silver Surfer, now if you say that Franklin can beat Silver Surfer, then Onslaught might have a chance is he uses Franklin's powers on Silver Surfer. I don't know if Surfer is immune to these types of attacks or not. The level of Onslaught has nothing to do with it.       %Pr
#26 Posted by Lance Uppercut (23245 posts) - - Show Bio
@cracks said:
" @Lance Uppercut: The SIlver SUrfer can manipulate and control of forms of energy. Psyhich energy is energy, so Onslaught is basically a puppet for Silver Surfer, now if you say that Franklin can beat Silver Surfer, then Onslaught might have a chance is he uses Franklin's powers on Silver Surfer. I don't know if Surfer is immune to these types of attacks or not. The level of Onslaught has nothing to do with it.       %Pr "
Once again, when has Surfer manipulated psychic energy on the level of Onslaught?

Of course Franklin could beat Surfer. He's one of the top reality warpers in Marvel, and Surfer has shown no immunity to reality warping. 

Yeah, the level of Onslaught has a lot to do with it. While he may be comprised of psychic energy, his base powers still stem from conscious control. Has Surfer ever wrested control of someone else energy power that could be comparable to the level of Onslaught? Has Thanos? Absolutely not.
#27 Edited by cracks (6781 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lance Uppercut: Psychic energy is energy. It does not matter if that psychic energy is on the level of Onslaught.  I know what you are saying because Onslaught has Xavier Magneto and the rest, but still.  Onslaught is just the evil psychic essences of Xavier and Magneto combined. Surfer has dealt with worse than that.  I still think that Surfer's skill and experience will help him overcome Onslaught's raw power. Onslaught was/is not as skilled and experienced as the Surfer.  Anyway, as you say, if Franklin beats Surfer, then Onslaught beats SUrfer, but without Franklin, Onslaught loses.   

Thanos can arguably give Galactus a good battle. Onslaught can't defeat Galactus, that is for sure.      

I mean if Blackheart can defeat Onslaught, then so can SUrfer.             %Pr
#28 Posted by Lance Uppercut (23245 posts) - - Show Bio

You're not really listening Surfer has never manipulated energy that can fight back. Especially not energy with the combined powers of four very powerful mutants. Individually, some of them may not be able to take him, but he's never dealt with the powers of Xavier, Magneto, X-Man, and Richards with someone who actually knows how to use them. So once again, show some feats of Surfer manipulating high level energy outputs controlled by a being like Onslaught. I'm waiting. 

Thanos can't arguably give Galactus a good battle. Even in their last encounter, he got one good blast, then hid behind a shield until he was begging for his life. Never has he given Galactus any form of good battle. That's just preposterous. 

You keep trying to use ABC logic when it doesn't apply in this situation at all. Did I say Onslaught could beat Galactus? No. And neither can Thanos. Just like in a random encounter, Thanos can't beat Onslaught.

#29 Posted by Klandicar (2471 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos is just too cosmic for Onslaught, face it guys.  

Cosmic as in he can do these kind of things:

#30 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio

Onslaught here.
#31 Posted by Ferro Vida (34678 posts) - - Show Bio
@Klandicar said:
" Thanos is just too cosmic for Onslaught, face it guys.  

Cosmic as in he can do these kind of things:

"
What does too cosmic even mean?

Cable was once able to destroy the Silver Surfer's board, and X-man is Cable if he had been genetically engineered by Mr. Sinister to be the best he could be. Throughout the AoA story people stated how he had the potential to be the most powerful psychic entity in existence, including the Shadow King himself. He was strong enough that he was able to kill the supposedly immortal Mr. Sinister when he barely had a grasp of his powers. Onslaught can use Nate's potential to its fullest. Now throw in Professor X, Magneto, and Franklin Richards, and the fact that he can use their powers to there fullest potential as well. Thanos is powerful and more than a little intelligent, but I don't see him winning.
#32 Posted by cracks (6781 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ferro Vida: No. X-Man has more raw power than Cable at full power. Mr. Sinister removed the natural blockades that X-Man would have placed on himself. That is why he would have died at age 21. With the Shadow King it depends what host body he is in. If he is in Xavier's body, it is likely that no telepath would be able to defeat him. His peformance depends on the host body.  Storm can defeat Sinister. Big deal.  Anyway, Sinister can defeat and has defeated X-Man because he is Sinister's experiment. He has control or failsafes for his experiments.  Jean Grey at the White Phoenix of the Crown is the most powerful telepathic in existence.  

Onslaught can not use X-Man's or Franklin's potential to the fullest because they both were resisting him, after Onslaught absorbed them both.
#33 Posted by cracks (6781 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lance Uppercut: I agree that Onslaught should win. However, Onslaught can not use the full power and full potential of X-Man and Franklin because they were both resisting him. So.
#34 Posted by Lance Uppercut (23245 posts) - - Show Bio
@cracks said:
" @Lance Uppercut: I agree that Onslaught should win. However, Onslaught can not use the full power and full potential of X-Man and Franklin because they were both resisting him. So. "
And? You make that seem like a massive detriment.
#35 Posted by Ferro Vida (34678 posts) - - Show Bio
@cracks said:
" @Ferro Vida: No. X-Man has more raw power than Cable at full power. Mr. Sinister removed the natural blockades that X-Man would have placed on himself. That is why he would have died at age 21. With the Shadow King it depends what host body he is in. If he is in Xavier's body, it is likely that no telepath would be able to defeat him. His peformance depends on the host body.  Storm can defeat Sinister. Big deal.  Anyway, Sinister can defeat and has defeated X-Man because he is Sinister's experiment. He has control or failsafes for his experiments.  Jean Grey at the White Phoenix of the Crown is the most powerful telepathic in existence.    Onslaught can not use X-Man's or Franklin's potential to the fullest because they both were resisting him, after Onslaught absorbed them both. "
1) ... Thank you for restating exactly what I did about X-man.

2) Shadow King is a psionic entity, so no, the host body does not make that much of a difference. Otherwise Shadow X would have been unstoppable.

3) He didn't defeat Sinister. He killed him; he beat him to death. None of the X-men have done that before,

4) Most powerful mutant. My mistake there. However, Jean would only be the most powerful because the Phoenix Force is using her as a host. Without that she wouldn't be.
#36 Posted by cracks (6781 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ferro Vida: 
1. No. You are wrong. It is as simple as that. You said that X-Man at full power is Cable at full power. That is an incorrect statement. Cable at full power will never be X-Man at full power.  I have said it so many times before.  Mr. Sinister removed the natural blockades that X-Man would have placed in himself. Cable and Stryfe have those blockades. This makes X-Man's raw power higher than Cable's or Stryfe's.  You are welcome by the way.   

2. The host body does make a difference, not a big difference, but a small difference.  The Shadow King can use his host body's psychic powers to augment his own. 

3. He did not kill him. He almost killed him. He knocked him out. If he killed Sinister, then why was Sinister up and running later on in the Age of Apocalypse storyline, brainwashing Jean? Storm can do that to Sinister as well, actually. So can Jean Grey. 

4. Jean evolving into the White Phoenix of the Crown is a part of her mutation, making Jean the most powerful human mutant. Otherwise Jaspers or Hyperstorm would be the most powerful mutant.              %Pr
#37 Posted by pooty (11185 posts) - - Show Bio

Can Onslaught completely control the power he has? Does he have access to the powers completely? If so he CAN/DOES beat thanos. but from the showings we have seen Thanos wins. I think there is a disparity in what he does vs what Onslaught  could do

#38 Posted by cracks (6781 posts) - - Show Bio
@pooty: No, because Franklin and X-Man were resisting Onslaught. So Onslaught was never at the full power that he should have been at.             %Pr
#39 Posted by pooty (11185 posts) - - Show Bio

well if thanos senses any hesitation or weakness he can win

#40 Posted by cracks (6781 posts) - - Show Bio
@pooty: Thanos can defeat Silver Surfer. DO you think that Onslaught can defeat Silver Surfer?               

I think so, but am still not so sure.     %Pr
#41 Posted by Ferro Vida (34678 posts) - - Show Bio
@cracks said:
" @Ferro Vida:  1. No. You are wrong. It is as simple as that. You said that X-Man at full power is Cable at full power. That is an incorrect statement. Cable at full power will never be X-Man at full power.  I have said it so many times before.  Mr. Sinister removed the natural blockades that X-Man would have placed in himself. Cable and Stryfe have those blockades. This makes X-Man's raw power higher than Cable's or Stryfe's.  You are welcome by the way.     2. The host body does make a difference, not a big difference, but a small difference.  The Shadow King can use his host body's psychic powers to augment his own.   3. He did not kill him. He almost killed him. He knocked him out. If he killed Sinister, then why was Sinister up and running later on in the Age of Apocalypse storyline, brainwashing Jean? Storm can do that to Sinister as well, actually. So can Jean Grey.   4. Jean evolving into the White Phoenix of the Crown is a part of her mutation, making Jean the most powerful human mutant. Otherwise Jaspers or Hyperstorm would be the most powerful mutant.              %Pr "
1) Read my post against and stop twisting my words around. I said the same thing you did, then you misinterpreted itand made a big deal about it because you thought I made a mistake.

2) Shadow King took control of an alternate reality Professor X and turned the original five X-men into his slave. Despite that Excalibur was still able to put them down.

3) He mortally wounded him. I don't know what you were reading by X-man beat him down, then left to find Magneto. Sinister stodd up and watched him fly away, then collapsed on the ground, dead, from the wounds that Nate inflicted. If Jean and Storm could do this, then why haven't they? Has 616 Sinister done less to provoke them? Or maybe they just aren't powerful enough?

4) Phoenix is not part of her mutation, it is an absract, separate entity.
#42 Posted by cracks (6781 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ferro Vida: 
1. Oops. My apologies. 

2. PIS. Poor writing and good guys always win. 

3. Still. Sinister survived it. He was knocked out cold, as I said. Because the writers did not make it an actuality.  Storm has resisted combined telepathic assault of Xavier, Psylocke and Oracle. Sinister's telekinesis or blasts won't do anything.  Storm can beat Sinister. If Jean can beat Cable, then Jean can beat Sinister.  Storm is very powerful as is Jean.

4. Jean evolving into White Phoenix of the Crown IS her final stage of her mutant evolution.         %Pr
#43 Posted by Ferro Vida (34678 posts) - - Show Bio
@cracks said:
" @Ferro Vida:  1. Oops. My apologies.   2. PIS. Poor writing and good guys always win.   3. Still. Sinister survived it. He was knocked out cold, as I said. Because the writers did not make it an actuality.  Storm has resisted combined telepathic assault of Xavier, Psylocke and Oracle. Sinister's telekinesis or blasts won't do anything.  Storm can beat Sinister. If Jean can beat Cable, then Jean can beat Sinister.  Storm is very powerful as is Jean. 4. Jean evolving into White Phoenix of the Crown IS her final stage of her mutant evolution.         %Pr "
1. No prob. Thank you for apologizing.

2. Back up your arguement that it does make a difference, please. Shadow King is already in Xavier's ball-park, so taking over his body and having access to his mutant ability wouldn't make him much more powerful.

3. Still nothing. He died from the wounds that Nate gave him. Storm can beat him, but in all of there encounters hasn't? No one is certain what Sinister's powers are. Writers adapt him to the situation. I've seen his body bend around concussive blasts automatically. He has more than TP and TK at his disposal, but Storm wouldn't be completely resistant to either. She withstood Xavier, Psylocke, and Oracle, but Shadow King has been able to take her over? Using your logic Cable would be able to beat Sinister, even though you are argueing that X-man, a perfect version of Cable, wouldn't be able to. And Storm's strongest is nowhere near Jean's strongest.

4. Phoenix didn't have to do with her mutation, she was just the most suitable host.
#44 Posted by cracks (6781 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ferro Vida: 
1. You are welcome.

2.  "Shadow King is already in Xavier's ball-park," Not if he was defeated by Psylocke, then by Rogue and then by Mystique and Damask in the Age of Apocalypse. Shadow King held his own against both Xavier and Jean in the Muir Island saga. That is why his power fluctuates from host body to host body. Shadow King is very similar to Cassandra Nova in that sense.  

3.  "He died from the wounds that Nate gave him." Yet later on in that storyline he was alive and well after he brainwashed Jean  in the age of apocalypse. Sinister later defeated Nate by the way, not in the same storyline. When did Storm fight Sinister by herself? Sinister's powers are definitely certain It is just that he keeps adding powers to himself as he pleases.  
"I've seen his body bend around concussive blasts automatically" Sinister has complete control of his body on the cellular and molecular level. Storm later was able to overcome Shadow King, almost easily. Xavier, Psylocke and Oracle >>> Sinister, with regards to telepathy.  Cable can defeat Sinister, at full power or not even at full power. 
X-Man can definitely defeat Sinister, as long as Sinister does not use his failsafe plan. Stryfe can also defeat Sinister. Storm held her own against Rachel Grey and Storm has performed quite well against telekinetics and telepaths.

4. No. It is stated that White Phoenix is a part of Jean's mutant evolution.     %Pr
#45 Posted by pooty (11185 posts) - - Show Bio
@cracks: The current SS can beat Onslaught as he is shown in comics. but if onslaught has full access to the powers of Franklin and Xman he can beat darn near anyone.
#46 Posted by Ferro Vida (34678 posts) - - Show Bio
@cracks said:
" @Ferro Vida:  1. You are welcome.  2.  "Shadow King is already in Xavier's ball-park," Not if he was defeated by Psylocke, then by Rogue and then by Mystique and Damask in the Age of Apocalypse. Shadow King held his own against both Xavier and Jean in the Muir Island saga. That is why his power fluctuates from host body to host body. Shadow King is very similar to Cassandra Nova in that sense.     3.  "He died from the wounds that Nate gave him." Yet later on in that storyline he was alive and well after he brainwashed Jean  in the age of apocalypse. Sinister later defeated Nate by the way, not in the same storyline. When did Storm fight Sinister by herself? Sinister's powers are definitely certain It is just that he keeps adding powers to himself as he pleases.   "I've seen his body bend around concussive blasts automatically" Sinister has complete control of his body on the cellular and molecular level. Storm later was able to overcome Shadow King, almost easily. Xavier, Psylocke and Oracle >>> Sinister, with regards to telepathy.  Cable can defeat Sinister, at full power or not even at full power.  X-Man can definitely defeat Sinister, as long as Sinister does not use his failsafe plan. Stryfe can also defeat Sinister. Storm held her own against Rachel Grey and Storm has performed quite well against telekinetics and telepaths. 4. No. It is stated that White Phoenix is a part of Jean's mutant evolution.     %Pr "
I'll reply later xD
#47 Posted by cracks (6781 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ferro Vida: lmao       %Pr
#48 Posted by FLCL1 (9580 posts) - - Show Bio
@cracks said:
" @Lance Uppercut: I am not so sure about that. Thanos can defeat Silver Surfer. Silver SUrfer can defeat Onslaught. So logically Thanos can defeat Onslaught.                  %Pr "

SS beat onslauht? i doubt
#49 Posted by cracks (6781 posts) - - Show Bio
@FLCL1: Why not?           Blackheart can defeat Onslaught. So.      %Pr
#50 Posted by Lance Uppercut (23245 posts) - - Show Bio
@cracks said:
" @FLCL1: Why not?           Blackheart can defeat Onslaught. So.      %Pr "
Nothing Blackheart has done suggest he can defeat Onslaught at any point.