Thanos vs Omega Shenron

• 165 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By BlessedbyHorus

Okay I wanna point this out because its getting really annoying. People on this thread seem to be using Thanos during Avenger Assembled as a low showing for Thanos. Call it PIS or whatever. But the fact is after Thanos tried to use the 'fake' cosmic cube it severely WEAKENED him.

But that's not the main point I'm going to make. It appears that Avengers Assembled had NO effect on the Marvel universe outside the Avengers Assembled comic. Here Thanos is supposedly taken by the Elders of the universe(also what the hell is Drax doing with them??? Isn't he suppose to be dead???).

Yet in New Avengers he is seen on Titan like nothing had happened. Wasn't he supposed to be taken by the Elders of the Universe???

This makes us think that what happened in AA was retconned, AA as a comic was just ignored, AA is not canon or even the Thanos that fought the hero's in AA was just a Thanos clone.... But whatever. Avengers Assembled was full of bad writing and some characters were out of character.

Also that scan with Thanos getting blast by Galactus is NOT a low showing at all. If you ACTUALLY read the scan, Galactus comments positively on Thanos shield. Though also says the next attack should end him. How the hell is that a low blow for Thanos??? When Galactus is basically a cosmic GOD! It was actually low showing for Galactus since Thanos was able to knock him over.

And Squirrel Girl??? Seriously?

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102  Edited By reikai

Another thing is even that scene may not be canon, unless they retconned the Living Tribunal shutting down the IG and making it impossible for the Infinity Gems to work in concert again.

Avatar image for death_certificate
Death Certificate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@CadenceV2: Goku has never, ever tanked a planet busting blast. Sure he deflect them off the planet, but taking a direct hit from blast that blow up the planet? There is a reason why Goku ran away from Kid Buu's planet busting blast, he would die.

Pollution / Toxin, Ice, Fire (Heat of a Nova), Water, Wind, Electricity, and Earth, On top of this he can Absorb others and their Powers, Blind Enemies permanently with a mystical beam attack, and can Regenerate from a Molecule.

Silver Surfer, Tyrant, Adam warlock, most of galactus heralds have those listed powers, not really something Thanos hasn't encountered before.

rolldestroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By rolldestroyer

R1: thanos curbstomps

R2: thanos wins

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By Pokergeist

@King-Stranglehold da first said:

And Gogeta could have killed OS if you wasn't F'ing around.

Actually we dont know if that would have worked. It took a spirit Bomb which is mystical and more potent to Negative Ki which Buu and Shenron both were. Thus why it barely affected Vegeta and Frieza but ended Kid Buu and Shenron.

Okay I wanna point this out because its getting really annoying. People on this thread seem to be using Thanos during Avenger Assembled as a low showing for Thanos. Call it PIS or whatever. But the fact is after Thanos tried to use the 'fake' cosmic cube it severely WEAKENED him.

But that's not the main point I'm going to make. It appears that Avengers Assembled had NO effect on the Marvel universe outside the Avengers Assembled comic. Here Thanos is supposedly taken by the Elders of the universe(also what the hell is Drax doing with them??? Isn't he suppose to be dead???).

Yet in New Avengers he is seen on Titan like nothing had happened. Wasn't he supposed to be taken by the Elders of the Universe???

This makes us think that what happened in AA was retconned, AA as a comic was just ignored, AA is not canon or even the Thanos that fought the hero's in AA was just a Thanos clone.... But whatever. Avengers Assembled was full of bad writing and some characters were out of character.

Also that scan with Thanos getting blast by Galactus is NOT a low showing at all. If you ACTUALLY read the scan, Galactus comments positively on Thanos shield. Though also says the next attack should end him. How the hell is that a low blow for Thanos??? When Galactus is basically a cosmic GOD! It was actually low showing for Galactus since Thanos was able to knock him over.

And Squirrel Girl??? Seriously?

Good to know that AA is ignored. Still most current Thanos at the moment tho.

Galactus is not a low showing nor meant to be one. My point is Galactus was not struggling to blast Thanos there and he was not even half fed (meaning much weaker in power to his best showings) so I find it lacking to a being who should easy but 20 planets.

Squerrel Girl, its cannon and happen.

@Death Certificate said:

@CadenceV2: Goku has never, ever tanked a planet busting blast. Sure he deflect them off the planet, but taking a direct hit from blast that blow up the planet? There is a reason why Goku ran away from Kid Buu's planet busting blast, he would die.

Pollution / Toxin, Ice, Fire (Heat of a Nova), Water, Wind, Electricity, and Earth, On top of this he can Absorb others and their Powers, Blind Enemies permanently with a mystical beam attack, and can Regenerate from a Molecule.

Silver Surfer, Tyrant, Adam warlock, most of galactus heralds have those listed powers, not really something Thanos hasn't encountered before.

Ofcourse Goku ran, he cannot breath in space, and that blast was more than a Planet Buster. Im stating the facts that Goku below SS1 was stated to more than survive a Bomb that could destroy the Planet. That is a stated fact. He can and has defelcted Planet killing energy attacks. Ontop of this beings like Cell, Frieza, and more have shown the same durability if not less and tanked straight Planet Destroying Beams with minor damage..

I know I wont win this argument cause DBZ/GT will always been seen on the Vine as low level and featless. The facts are there when people have spent time quantifying it and looking at legit feats.

No one likes to hear Thanos (Espicially us Marvel Fans, Darkseid for DC) being outclass. Thanos is here. People really put him on a high horse here. I rate beings like Rune King Thor, *th Day Juggernaut, Quasar higher than Thanos base on feats.

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By reikai

Vegeta was hit with only the remaining energy after Goku lost most of it from Vegeta's attack. And with Frieza, Goku had to borrow from nearby worlds because there wasn't much life left on Namek to draw from, plus Frieza was a lot stronger than he was at the time.

It worked on Kid Buu because they wished on the Dragon Balls to restore Goku's ki, since the Genki-Dama was failing due to his exhaustion. So it wasn't just the attack itself, it's the power of the one using it. Krillin isn't exactly an adept and Goku was already wear from fighting Frieza, he didn't get his Second Wind until turning into a SSJ for the first time.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

I dunno man thats kinda been a theme with fusion characters. Gotenks did the same thing with Super Buu and he could have very easily destroyed him on numerous occasions throughout their fight.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By Pokergeist

@Juiceboks said:

I dunno man thats kinda been a theme with fusion characters. Gotenks did the same thing with Super Buu and he could have very easily destroyed him on numerous occasions throughout their fight.

True it seem that way, however Manjin Vegeta was SO SURE he would kill Fat Buu with his Suicide attack. It did not work at all. You cant kill Buu and Shenron (both magical beings) with Physical Ki attacks.

@reikai: Uhh huh. Look above lol. Also Goku used his famous Golden Dragon Punch on Shenron that blew him to oblivion... Shenron came back. Magic Beings like Buu and Shenron were the only beings affected and killed by the Spirit Bomb that is stated to be Positive Ki vs Negative Ki.

Being the Huge Thanos Fan you are, you seem the only Un bias one in this whole thread lol. Whats up with that?

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By reikai

GT is inconsistent fail. Nothing there can be taken at face value. Plus the Genki-Dama used against Buu had the 100% maximum energy it could take from everyone on Earth, who were revived by Purunga, as well as the Z-Fighters who also contributed all their power into it. It's not something as simple as "positive" and "negative". Considering Buu's spirit still existed and Yemma stuck it in the body of an Indian boy.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

That couldve been due to the fact that the blast just wasnt sufficient in killing him. Buu seemed more powerful than Vegeta at the time anyway so its likely the blast wasnt enough to overcome his regen factor. Arent the Kais magic too and King Kai was destroyed by Cell?

SMXLR8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#111  Edited By SMXLR8

@CadenceV2:

No Caption Provided
Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By Pokergeist

@Juiceboks said:

That couldve been due to the fact that the blast just wasnt sufficient in killing him. Buu seemed more powerful than Vegeta at the time anyway so its likely the blast wasnt enough to overcome his regen factor. Arent the Kais magic too and Supreme Kai was destroyed by Cell?

Kais have never shown the ability to Regenerate. Thats the difference.

@SMXLR8 said:

@CadenceV2:

Fixed. It is OK you dropped (or failed) Grammer School.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

Then wouldnt it be the healing factor that prevented Buu from being destroyed by Vegeta rather than a law that states that he can only be destroyed by positive ki attacks? Thats what I made of it when I first watched it anyways.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By Pokergeist

@Juiceboks said:

Then wouldnt it be the healing factor that prevented Buu from being destroyed by Vegeta rather than a law that states that he can only be destroyed by positive ki attacks? Thats what I made of it when I first watched it anyways.

Not really. When Vegito killed Fat Buu, Babidi and the rest sense nothing of Buu left,. He was dead for all intents and purpose. Then he came back. His Regen is that good.

I am not saying you need to be magic to kill Buu. Im saying you cannot kill Buu Permantly without doing the Spirit Bomb which destroyed Buu's Negative Ki directly as well body.

Gogeta may never been able to simply Physical kill Shenron. Goku thought he killed Shenron with his best Dragon Fist attack. It all failed Only the specific Mystical Positive Ki charge Sprit Bomb worked. Just like on Buu.

The fact it failed on Vegita and Frieza proves the point more so.

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By reikai

No it doesn't. It failed on Vegeta because it lacked the power to do so from both losing the energy during the initial charge and because Krillin is such a weak pathetic wimp. It failed on Frieza, not because it couldn't have killed him, but because he still had power in reserve and Goku didn't.

Also, Vegitto never killed Fat Buu. You mean Majin Vegeta, and he didn't manage to kill Buu because he wasn't aware of how his regeneration worked. Cell could regenerate from just his nucleus. Majin Buu can regenerate from molecules, which're even smaller. After Kid Buu died, they had to confirm all his molecules had been destroyed in the blast.

Regardless of how you look at it though, Goku even surviving and charging the Genki-Dama was a massive Plot-Device moment since there is Zero way he should've survived getting hit with any of Shenron's attacks,

Nvm that it's already been made abundantly clear how grievously outmatched Shenron is.

Avatar image for mypasswordis1234
mypasswordis1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Enough with the jokes, Thanos only dream about the power Shenron has.

SMXLR8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#117  Edited By SMXLR8
No Caption Provided

@CadenceV2:

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By Pokergeist

@SMXLR8 said:

No Caption Provided

@CadenceV2:

The Latter.

@reikai said:

No it doesn't. It failed on Vegeta because it lacked the power to do so from both losing the energy during the initial charge and because Krillin is such a weak pathetic wimp. It failed on Frieza, not because it couldn't have killed him, but because he still had power in reserve and Goku didn't. Also, Vegitto never killed Fat Buu. You mean Majin Vegeta, and he didn't manage to kill Buu because he wasn't aware of how his regeneration worked. Cell could regenerate from just his nucleus. Majin Buu can regenerate from molecules, which're even smaller. After Kid Buu died, they had to confirm all his molecules had been destroyed in the blast. Regardless of how you look at it though, Goku even surviving and charging the Genki-Dama was a massive Plot-Device moment since there is Zero way he should've survived getting hit with any of Shenron's attacks, Nvm that it's already been made abundantly clear how grievously outmatched Shenron is.

Yeah Majin Vegita (give me a freaking break, there is like a thousand jitas) and it did work as far the Anime was concern. Babidi (wo think would know Buu's power set) thought he was dead too. The rest of the KI sensing Z Fighters thought he was dead to. When Cell was blasted apart you were able to sense his Ki still. Buu Ki was unsenseable till he started to Regen.

Simple fact as far the Anime version goes. I never read the Manga on it.So if its different then so be it. At the same token all of GT was Non Cannon anyway to the manga, so who cares?

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By BlessedbyHorus
@CadenceV2:  

Actually we dont know if that would have worked. It took a spirit Bomb which is mystical and more potent to Negative Ki which Buu and Shenron both were. Thus why it barely affected Vegeta and Frieza but ended Kid Buu and Shenron.

IIRC OS was struggling againt Gogeta. I am not saying I am 100% correct. I think like someone said Goku just ran out of ideas. Again I am not saying I am 100% correct. 

Good to know that AA is ignored. Still most current Thanos at the moment tho.

Galactus is not a low showing nor meant to be one. My point is Galactus was not struggling to blast Thanos there and he was not even half fed (meaning much weaker in power to his best showings) so I find it lacking to a being who should easy but 20 planets.

1.Yeah but why go for one of Thanos low showings when he has a majority of good showing. Unlike Manga/Anime, comicbook characters used to being written inconstantly.  

Yeah, but I'm pretty sure a half fed Galactus>OS. IIRC a half fed Galactus took on Dark Phoenix. I THINK. I'm pretty sure someone will correct me.    

Squerrel Girl, its cannon and happen.

My point with SG is that she is a JOKE  character, she beats everyone. I know I sound like a broken record, but why focus on a minority of Thanos low showings(which were written by writers who barely know anything about him) and not the MAJORITY of his good showings. Like how he was able to kill a baby abstract. 

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By BlessedbyHorus
@mypasswordis1234

Enough with the jokes, Thanos only dream about the power Shenron has.

I advise you to read a comic with Thanos in it...Perhaps Avengers:Celestial Quest?

@reikai said:

GT is inconsistent fail. Nothing there can be taken at face value. Plus the Genki-Dama used against Buu had the 100% maximum energy it could take from everyone on Earth, who were revived by Purunga, as well as the Z-Fighters who also contributed all their power into it. It's not something as simple as "positive" and "negative". Considering Buu's spirit still existed and Yemma stuck it in the body of an Indian boy.

Don't get me started on SSJ4 Goju being cut by glass. We can pretty much ignore DBGT since the new DBZ movie is coming out and Goku will turn into a Super Saiyan God form. So DBGT is basically ignored...
Death Certificate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@CadenceV2:

Goku ran, he cannot breath in space, and that blast was more than a Planet Buster. Im stating the facts that Goku below SS1 was stated to more than survive a Bomb that could destroy the Planet.

This is blast that can destroy more than one planet.

Kid Buu's attack only destroyed earth and nothing more.

That is a stated fact. He can and has defelcted Planet killing energy attacks.

Didn't goku couldn't but

Ontop of this beings like Cell, Frieza, and more have shown the same durability if not less and tanked straight Planet Destroying Beams with minor damage..

Frieza survived but the injuries he took were far from minor, Cell relied on a special part of his brain to regenerate, otherwise his own self-destruction would have killed him.

I know I wont win this argument cause DBZ/GT will always been seen on the Vine as low level and featless. The facts are there when people have spent time quantifying it and looking at legit feats.

Not even animevice believes in the DBZ/GT hyperbole stuff.

No one likes to hear Thanos (Espicially us Marvel Fans, Darkseid for DC) being outclass. Thanos is here. People really put him on a high horse here. I rate beings like Rune King Thor, *th Day Juggernaut, Quasar higher than Thanos base on feats.

Thanos (Darksied) can be outclassed, problem is Omega Shenron has nothing that Thanos couldn't deal with.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By Pokergeist

@Death Certificate said:

@CadenceV2:

Goku ran, he cannot breath in space, and that blast was more than a Planet Buster. Im stating the facts that Goku below SS1 was stated to more than survive a Bomb that could destroy the Planet.

Kid Buu's attack only destroyed earth and nothing more.

That is a stated fact. He can and has defelcted Planet killing energy attacks.

Didn't goku couldn't but

Ontop of this beings like Cell, Frieza, and more have shown the same durability if not less and tanked straight Planet Destroying Beams with minor damage..

Frieza survived but the injuries he took were far from minor, Cell relied on a special part of his brain to regenerate, otherwise his own self-destruction would have killed him.

Not even animevice believes in the DBZ/GT hyperbole stuff.

Thanos (Darksied) can be outclassed, problem is Omega Shenron has nothing that Thanos couldn't deal with.

LOl ok right. Kid Buu who moves FTL to other Planets and Destroys Planet after planet like nothing unleash only a single Planet Buster worth of energy. You know this how? Kid Buu never holds back and there was only one planet (not 20 worth) to destroy. Im sorry I find your veiw on it hard to belive.

Just saying....

Kid Buu would rape stomp Thanos as well.He travels the Galaxy in seconds and blows planet after planet.

Anyway this alone shoots down any hope to suggest Goku cannot tank Planet killer blasts, more so for Shenrons favor as he is significantly stronger.

Death Certificate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@CadenceV2:

LOl ok right. Kid Buu who moves FTL to other Planets and Destroys Planet after planet like nothing unleash only a single Planet Buster worth of energy. You know this how? Kid Buu never holds back and there was only one planet (not 20 worth) to destroy. Im sorry I find your veiw on it hard to belive.

For the simple fact that Kid need to travel to other planets, in order to destory them, while the other video I posted had two people destroying multiple planets through one huge blast. Also only one planet in a solar system? Do even I need to point out how silly that sounds?

Just saying....
Kid Buu would rape stomp Thanos as well.He travels the Galaxy in seconds and blows planet after planet.
Anyway this alone shoots down any hope to suggest Goku cannot tank Planet killer blasts, more so for Shenrons favor as he is significantly stronger.

No he couldn't I would leave it at that since it will open another pointless topic. Explain to me how a video of kid buu destroying planets that goku wasn't on, prove that goku can tank a direct planet busting attack?

That video alone shoots your rebuttal in the foot.

hart7668

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#124  Edited By hart7668

@King-Stranglehold da first: Omega Shenron hasn't technically been shown to resist matter manip, but I don't believe anyone in the Dragon Ball universe is capable of manipulating matter to begin with, so he hasn't HAD to either.

DangerousLoki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By DangerousLoki

@hart7668: Hasn't had to means he can't. I could argue that of the million characters in marvel, any number of them haven't had to resist matter manipulation. That would be like arguing that Thanos can manipulate Ki, even though he's never done it because he hasn't had to. Only not so much since Thanos has shown a mastery of a wide variety of energies in his lifetime so I wouldn't put it past him to learn and manipulate ki. And given Thanos' nature. If you translated the power of his spirit into raw power.. which is what Ki is... Yeah. Have you met Thanos? If the strength of his spirit and his will were turned into weapons of energy he could manipulate? Lets just be glad that he can't manipulate Ki.. cause he hasn't HAD to.

hart7668

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#126  Edited By hart7668

@DangerousLoki: So in the end Thanos turns Omega Shenron into a piece of toast and eats it?

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By Pokergeist

@Death Certificate: What does your video have to do with ANYTHING in this debate of Buus or any DBZ / GT ability to destroy Planets vs Thanos Durability?

Anything at all. All you proven is those kids would own Thanos too.

@hart7668 said:

@King-Stranglehold da first: Omega Shenron hasn't technically been shown to resist matter manip, but I don't believe anyone in the Dragon Ball universe is capable of manipulating matter to begin with, so he hasn't HAD to either.

@DangerousLoki said:

@hart7668: Hasn't had to means he can't. I could argue that of the million characters in marvel, any number of them haven't had to resist matter manipulation. That would be like arguing that Thanos can manipulate Ki, even though he's never done it because he hasn't had to. Only not so much since Thanos has shown a mastery of a wide variety of energies in his lifetime so I wouldn't put it past him to learn and manipulate ki. And given Thanos' nature. If you translated the power of his spirit into raw power.. which is what Ki is... Yeah. Have you met Thanos? If the strength of his spirit and his will were turned into weapons of energy he could manipulate? Lets just be glad that he can't manipulate Ki.. cause he hasn't HAD to.

Um...no. Vegito was turn into a Gumball.

Ki still alowed all the powers and thoughts in that form. Nice try.

Also Thanos does not Matter manipulation. he never uses this in any battle vs anyone I seen.

With IG maybe. Show me Thanos using Matter Manipulation more than once and on beings stronger than Fire Lord.

Please do try.....

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By BlessedbyHorus
@CadenceV2:  

Um...Omega Shenron is not Vegito who was said to be one of the strongest fusions...Try again.  Not only that but being turned to candy is different than what Thanos can do. Thanos can dissolve someones molecules thus KILLING them.

We do not even know if it was the Ki that was able to that. So far that is just an assumption. 

Here is Thanos using matter manipulation in different scenarios.  

Dissolving molecules. 

Creates an House.

Turns Skrull to stone. 

Yes MM is a part of his ability.

Thanos rarely uses MM due to plot device obviously.  Now show me Shenron ACTUALLY resisting MM rather than another character doing so. Please do try... 

Oh and did I forger to mention that Thanos can just drain his life force?
Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By Pokergeist

@CadenceV2:

Um...Omega Shenron is not Vegito who was said to be one of the strongest fusions...Try again. Not only that but being turned to candy is different than what Thanos can do. Thanos can dissolve someones molecules thus KILLING them.
We do not even know if it was the Ki that was able to that. So far that is just an assumption.

Here is Thanos using matter manipulation in different scenarios.

Dissolving molecules.
art of his ability. Thanos rarely uses MM due to plot device obviously. Now show me Shenron ACTUALLY resisting MM rather than another character doing so. Please do try... Oh and did I forger to mention that Thanos can just drain his life force?

Um... OS FEATS are stronger than Vegitos. Guess you belive in Power scaling now? Hypocritical isnt it? Try again. Also show me the feat of Thanos Dissolving the Molecules of a Magical Being of Shenron's caliber. Go ahead and try to prove that one....

Assumption is to assume it wasnt Ki when that is the only power Vegito uses. Seriously?

Three scans of low level Matter maip on non living house, low level being, and another no name Skrull. Good job of low level proof.

Not really. Like Cosmic power it is weak in scale to real Matter Manipulators and Energy Users.

Plot device huh... what a cop out excuse. If anything its more Plot device that he uses MM.

Life Force huh. Shenron is the sum total of a being (Shenron Dragon) that grants wishes on a Universal level. GL with that argument. Guess he couldnt drain the life of Adam Warlock, Thor, Hulk, Silver Surfer, Mephisto, or Galactus... could he.

So far not seeing the proof.

DangerousLoki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By DangerousLoki

@hart7668: It's debatable. I don't know much about Omega Shenron. My point is that he doesn't have matter manipulation resistance because he's never shown it. I don't think you were arguing that he does have it, but before anyone cut in and piggy backed on your statmenet I wanted to clear that issue.

@CadenceV2:

1. Buu is not Thanos. His power is transmutation. Even if you argue that his power is matter manipulation of a form, it doesn't mean that it works as Thanos does. It's clear that Buu's power doesn't work the same way that matter manipulation works in the same way that they do in Marvel. Arguing that Thanos' power would effect Omega Shenron differently then it's affected anyone else he's used his powers on.

2. Vegito isn't Omega Shenron. What he does and acheives is irrelevant to this discussion. If you can't support it by something done by OS then it does not matter.

3. Show me any feat of Omega Shenron. Any of them. That puts him on Thanos level. Literally. Show me anything OS has done that puts him on the level of Thanos or above. Because all I've seen is you arguing exagerated claims based not on feats but on power scaling and assumptions whenever DB is in a debate. Throwing out bold statements that aren't supported by any actual feats. I don't care who states Goku can destroy 20 planets. No one in DBZ or DBGT has ever done more then planet bust. That's their feat. That's it. And if that's wrong. Then show me anyone.. Anyone in DB destroying more then a planet and it's moon. Two planets. Three planets. A solar system. Anything. Doesn't exist? Then they can't do it.

4.Even without matter manipulation. Thanos has any number of means to defeat OS. His mind. His intelect. Raw power. His tech. And no one here. No one. Has shown me a single feat from Omega Shenron.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By pooty

Still no one has posted how Shenron deals with mental attacks. Shenron is not destoying Thanos quickly. Tyrant, Odin nor Galactus have been able to put thanos down quickly or for long. Thanos has survived attacks from an enraged Power Gem Thor and later fought Odin. Shenron may be more powerful but he has a glaring weakness that Thanos can exploit. Mental attack for the win.

DangerousLoki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By DangerousLoki

@CadenceV2 said:

@CadenceV2:

Um...Omega Shenron is not Vegito who was said to be one of the strongest fusions...Try again. Not only that but being turned to candy is different than what Thanos can do. Thanos can dissolve someones molecules thus KILLING them.

Here is Thanos using matter manipulation in different scenarios.

Dissolving molecules.
art of his ability. Thanos rarely uses MM due to plot device obviously. Now show me Shenron ACTUALLY resisting MM rather than another character doing so. Please do try... Oh and did I forger to mention that Thanos can just drain his life force?

Um... OS FEATS are stronger than Vegitos. Guess you belive in Power scaling now? Hypocritical isnt it? Try again. Also show me the feat of Thanos Dissolving the Molecules of a Magical Being of Shenron's caliber. Go ahead and try to prove that one....

Assumption is to assume it wasnt Ki when that is the only power Vegito uses. Seriously?

Three scans of low level Matter maip on non living house, low level being, and another no name Skrull. Good job of low level proof.

Not really. Like Cosmic power it is weak in scale to real Matter Manipulators and Energy Users.

Plot device huh... what a cop out excuse. If anything its more Plot device that he uses MM.

Life Force huh. Shenron is the sum total of a being (Shenron Dragon) that grants wishes on a Universal level. GL with that argument. Guess he couldnt drain the life of Adam Warlock, Thor, Hulk, Silver Surfer, Mephisto, or Galactus... could he.

Show me a feat. You have not shown a single feat. A single one of Omega Shenron

Death Certificate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@CadenceV2:

What does your video have to do with ANYTHING in this debate of Buus or any DBZ / GT ability to destroy Planets vs Thanos Durability?

*Sigh*

I was pointing out that Kid buu's attack wasn't more than a planet buster. Do you even keep up with your own arguments?

Anything at all. All you proven is those kids would own Thanos too.

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By BlessedbyHorus
@CadenceV2:  

Um... OS FEATS are stronger than Vegitos. Guess you belive in Power scaling now? Hypocritical isnt it? Try again. Also show me the feat of Thanos Dissolving the Molecules of a Magical Being of Shenron's caliber.  Go ahead and try to prove that one....

No the point is OS is NOT freaking Vegito. So how can their powers work. And even so, what Superbuu did to Vegito is totally different to what Thanos would do. Kid Buu just turned him to candy. Thanos will dissolve his molecules and kill him. I don't really have to prove jack, because YOU still have not proven that OS has resisted MM.  

Again Shenron is NOT Vegito. IIRC Vegito is a magical being.  

No...Those scans were to SHOW that MM is A PART of his abilities. 

What are you talking about? Are you indicating that those scans are not MM? Also prove cosmic power is weaker than energy users...Like serious. And I don't get why you say 'real Matter Manipulator' when OS is not a 'real Matter Manipulator'.  

It's NOT a freaking cop out if you understand anything about story telling. If Thanos would just use MM on all his opponent then it would make the story uninteresting and he would always win. Thanos could EASILY use MM on the Avengers, yet he doesn't because of plot device. The same could be said with Silver Surfer. Silver Surfer can just create a black hole and beat almost everyone, but plot device stops him. This isn't hard to comprehend.  

Life Force huh. Shenron is the sum total of a being (Shenron Dragon) that grants wishes on a Universal level. GL with that argument. Guess .  he couldnt drain the life of Adam Warlock, Thor, Hulk, Silver Surfer, Mephisto, or Galactus... could he.

Big whoop. Thanos was able to absorb the HOTU and the HOTU is MULTIVERSAL.  And just because Shenron grants wishes at a universal level does that mean his powers are at universal level. Shenron has NOT shown his power is at that level. And I don't know why you brought up those characters when they would WTF own Shenron, IDK about Adam. And Thanos doesn't use ALL his abilities in a fight just like with Darkseid. Why did you bring up Galactus when Galactus is 100x stronger than Thanos?   

Funny...When you have not shown OS can resist MM.
Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By Pokergeist

@pooty said:

Still no one has posted how Shenron deals with mental attacks. Shenron is not destoying Thanos quickly. Tyrant, Odin nor Galactus have been able to put thanos down quickly or for long. Thanos has survived attacks from an enraged Power Gem Thor and later fought Odin. Shenron may be more powerful but he has a glaring weakness that Thanos can exploit. Mental attack for the win.

Honestly Pooty your post is the best so far.

@DangerousLoki said:

Show me a feat. You have not shown a single feat. A single one of Omega Shenron

I have not? I posted 2 vids.... where were you? Then took the liberty to compare Goku facts and his beatdown to shenron as proof of shenron superiority over SS4 Goku. GTFO or come up with a better debate than that.

Also what proof does Thanos Matter Maipulation would work on Shenron? Its like arguin Thanos would Matter Manipulate Wonder Woman. No one buys that crap. He has no feats except on a house and 2 low level durability beings.

@King-Stranglehold da first:

Vegito a magical Being? How so? He shows no MAGIC at all. He is a fusion (permanent one) and that is all.

Get off the MM. My point was his MM is low caliber and pathetic to guys like Molecule Man and Sentry who have Matter Manipulate on super beings and not low level durability beings.

Then you use the HOTU as proof of something? what exactly, he is a prep master? Good thing Prep is not in this. C'mon... you sound like a broken record. omega Shenron and shenron are universal without PLOT DEVICE.

@Death Certificate:

I have proven he is a multi planet buster. He blew up multiple planets in a roll. I showed this. I know you simply don't care and try to act like you disprove it when I showed a straight video....

I see now I proven you wrong over and over again and none of you will let it go. Pooty has the best case really. Props to Pooty.

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By BlessedbyHorus
@CadenceV2:  

Vegito a magical Being? How so? He shows no MAGIC at all. He is a fusion (permanent one) and that is all.

I said IIRC indicating that I am not sure. Still OS is not Vegito and everyone including me has already pointed that out to you on this thread. 

Get off the MM. My point was his MM is low caliber and pathetic to guys like Molecule Man and Sentry who have Matter Manipulate on super beings and not low level durability beings.

1. No. Not until you PROVE. Key word...PROVE. That OS can resist it. It seems like you are avoiding that request. 
2. I don't get why you brought up those characters...Sentry only used MM ONCE. And current Molecule Man has become a joke. But that's not the fact because you have not PROVEN that OS is resistant to MM whether it be low or high caliber. We don't even know the caliber of Thanos MM powers, so how can you judge it as 'low caliber'.  

Then you use the HOTU as proof of something? what exactly, he is a prep master? Good thing Prep is not in this. C'mon... you sound like a broken record. omega Shenron and shenron are universal without PLOT DEVICE. 

1. What does Thanos absorbing the HOTU has to do with prep? He just used prep to LOCATE it.  
2. How do I sound like a broken record? Maybe is because you have not shown OS is resistant to MM?  
3. Show where it states Shenron power is at universal when his powers(besides giving wishes) does not show he is at universal level. 
reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By reikai

Vegitto is a fusion of Goku and Vegeta through the use of the Mystical Potara Earrings provided by the Supreme Kai.

Also, Dragonballs cannot grant a wish that exceeds their power or the ability of their creator. Which is why it could not defeat the Saiyans coming to Earth or other figures since they were more powerful than Kami. The Shadow Dragons were only different in that they were created from negative energy that had built up to excess from the constant use of the Dragon Balls.

in that effect they aren't much different from Janemba in the movie "Fusion Reborn", who was killed by Gogeta quite easily.

DangerousLoki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By DangerousLoki

@CadenceV2: The only feat I see for Shenron is that he was easily destroyed by a punch. Actually that's quite my point. The only reason he survived wasn't because he was more powerful. The attack destroyed him. He was merely able to regenerate. That's like implying Wolverine is more powerful then a nuke because he can heal from the explosion. Or that he's more powerful then Cyclops eye beams because he regenerated after being turned to a skeletal structure. Shenron does nothing in the fight that puts him any remotely near Thanos. And I'm pretty sure Thanos has atomized in the past.

Anyone have any feats of this? I unfortunately don't have a scanner or most of my comic collection.

DangerousLoki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By DangerousLoki

Having just watched the fight with Goku, Gogeta, and the actual destruction of Omega Shenron by the spirit bomb.. I have changed my opinion of this fight. Omega Shenron gets destroyed. Matter manipulation or no. Thanos obliterates OS. He destroys every molecule of him. He blows him apart seven billion times until he gets bored then creates black hole and drops him in it with some tech. He brutalizes his mind into oblivion. He atomizes him with a blast. He rips him apart piece by piece. He turns him into stone. He does anything he wants because Omega Shenron literally does nothing, nothing, in his appearance that would put Thanos down. I'd call this spite. But it's just a massacre on a universal scale.

Death Certificate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@CadenceV2:

Your video proved that Kid buu needs to teleport to different planets to destroy them. That's complety different from this

and that blast was more than a Planet Buster.

Throughout this whole debate you barely mention anything noteworthy from shenron.

namezero12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By namezero12345

R1 - Thanos with some problem

R2 - Omega Shenron easily

Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#142  Edited By Jorgevy
No Caption Provided

just to keep the Thanos fanbase humble..........

DangerousLoki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By DangerousLoki

@Death Certificate said:

@CadenceV2:

Your video proved that Kid buu needs to teleport to different planets to destroy them. That's complety different from this

Throughout this whole debate you barely mention anything noteworthy from shenron.

I've watched the whole fight with OS and Goku. He beats on a blinded Goku who couldn't even tell his family had left. Which he should have been able to do with his Ki senses so that was odd. And beats on is a bit of an exaggeration. He hits Goku with three seperate attacks in succession and barely hurts him. Then punches him into a wall and the rest of that scenes in what Cadence posted.. Which is Goku getting his eye sight back and destroying Omega Shenron in a punch and him ressurecting from his bio mass. Then they fight a little more and OS has the upper hand but he's certainly not dominating Goku. Goku goes to blow him up but Vegeta stops him so they can Fusion and then OS is completly dominated by Gogeta. I can't find what happens after that until the spirit bomb... and Omega Shenron isn't even able to hurt Kid Goku while he's charging up the spirit bomb. He's not fast enough to stop the fusion. His entire showing is pathetic.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By Pokergeist

@DangerousLoki said:

@Death Certificate said:

@CadenceV2:

I've watched the whole fight with OS and Goku. He beats on a blinded Goku who couldn't even tell his family had left. Which he should have been able to do with his Ki senses so that was odd. And beats on is a bit of an exaggeration. He hits Goku with three seperate attacks in succession and barely hurts him. Then punches him into a wall and the rest of that scenes in what Cadence posted.. Which is Goku getting his eye sight back and destroying Omega Shenron in a punch and him ressurecting from his bio mass. Then they fight a little more and OS has the upper hand but he's certainly not dominating Goku. Goku goes to blow him up but Vegeta stops him so they can Fusion and then OS is completly dominated by Gogeta. I can't find what happens after that until the spirit bomb... and Omega Shenron isn't even able to hurt Kid Goku while he's charging up the spirit bomb. He's not fast enough to stop the fusion. His entire showing is pathetic.

If you look at the post of SS4 Goku I posted already, well the point is SS4 Goku by stats quantified is no joke and would whip Thanos too. More so since Goku has TP feats from other dimensions and all over the planet.

CalebHara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By CalebHara

Thanos STOMPS.

DangerousLoki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By DangerousLoki

@CadenceV2 said:

@DangerousLoki said:

@Death Certificate said:

@CadenceV2:

If you look at the post of SS4 Goku I posted already, well the point is SS4 Goku by stats quantified is no joke and would whip Thanos too. More so since Goku has TP feats from other dimensions and all over the planet.

Haha. No. No he wouldn't. Thanos would beat Goku overall. And your video shows that Omega Shenron is below Goku in overall power. Considering how easily Goku destroyed him. Even in the fight the fight that followed, Shenron barely had the upper hand and still wasn't able to do anything to put Goku down. In point of fact, if Shenron was actually more powerful then Goku, then Goku shouldn't have been able to destroy him the way he did. Kind of how Gogeta completly dominated and nothing Shenron did hurt him.. at alll. So at best. He's slightly stronger, or more honestly, equal to Goku's final power level. Goku would lost to Thanos. OS would lose to Thanos. This is what those feats from that fight show us. And there is not a single feat in DBZ that would put Goku above Thanos. I haven't watched GT. I doubt he's on the level of Galactus or Odin by the end of it. I know Omega Shenron isn't. Heck. Gogeta in his SS4 form I'd only put on Herald Level. And he's more powerful the OS and Goku.

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By reikai
@CadenceV2 said:

Nothing you have said or shown even proves that remotely. So, here is what is said;
Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By Pokergeist

@reikai: So I am a troll now for having a opinion that disagrees with yours and validated said opinion with debate.

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By BlessedbyHorus
@CadenceV2 said:

@reikai: So I am a troll now for having a opinion that disagrees with yours and validated said opinion with debate.

Funny...I remember YOU and that GhostRider character calling me a troll when we had a disagreement. You were even threaten to flag me. -__-
Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By Pokergeist

@CadenceV2 said:

Funny...I remember YOU and that GhostRider character calling me a troll when we had a disagreement. You were even threaten to flag me. -__-

Oh you mean the time you kept going against the forum rules and calling me a straight IDIOT and Moron?! That debate... against the Forum rules? -_- Yeah I remember....