• 150 results
Avatar image for deactivated-5e291995a18d6
deactivated-5e291995a18d6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@warlordeternal: No, it really isn't. He has always been shown to be that powerful. Read Thanos comic or two. That feat is not even his best.

WarlordEternal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#102  Edited By WarlordEternal

@thebourneposter: My problem with it is he just straight up used his hands. If he were to utilize other abilities then it would have made for a very nice showing of skill and tactics. But that just shows him off as a brick and it is very odd for someone to do that against a team as versatile as the Annihilators.

Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe he really is just that powerful.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@killemall: I already said That was a Thanos clone,it got retconned but when it was written it was actually thanos.

No i am correcting you on something completely different, the blast did absolutely nothing to Thanos contrary to what you are trying to say.

Lets gets the scans out its easier to explain.

===============================

First those scans are from Thor: Tears of a God story arc and in particular from Thor Vol 2 # 22. Thor was actually struggling to even hurt Thanos before he absorbs all the power Thanos unleashed in the surrounding absorbs it and re-directs it at Thanos. It was the Recorder who concluded even Thanos couldnt survive this but thats not what happened. 3 pages later Thanos shows up, having acquired the Illumanition stone and asks Mangog to leave Thor because he is inconsequential. The blast did absolutely nothing, Thanos did come back right up because he went to get the Illumination stone. Scans are below.

Next issue Thanos goes on to get the designati.

Issue after that Thor shows up to fight Thanos alongside Firelord and fails to even hurt him

So where exactly did Thor one shot Thanos?

Also calling Thor volume 2, a story arc that takes place in 1998 as classic seems weird to me.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@warlordeternal: He is that powerful. But he did BFR Gladiator at the beginning of the fight.

Avatar image for amazingcurbstompman
AmazingCurbStompMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killemall: of course he is going to comeback he always comes back to life because death doesnt want him anywhere near her. he isnt even properly immortal.

if it was said thanos couldnt survive the blast..what makes it any different.

It was a clone who got hit but if thanos got hit he wouldnt of survived either. but i get ur point killemall.

WarlordEternal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thebourneposter: Alright then. Thanos truly wins this.

I did make another thread a while back that involved Thanos, Darkseid, and PC Mongul. In the end I wasn't sure if it was fair or not but if you want to check that out.

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/darksied-vs-thanos-vs-mongul-1529939/

JoshuaDBr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@warlordeternal: Well I hardly know anything about either of these characters, so I'm pretty lost here.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By Killemall

@thebourneposter: My problem with it is he just straight up used his hands. If he were to utilize other abilities then it would have made for a very nice showing of skill and tactics. But that just shows him off as a brick and it is very odd for someone to do that against a team as versatile as the Annihilators.

I think its the latter he;s just that powerful under Starlin.

The scans for the fight is below if you are interested, he literally walked all over the Annihilators.

Before that Thanos fought a small group of heroes, essentially using the same thing H2H and energy attacks and heroes failed to do anything against him and he was easily winning the said fight.

Thanos was then defeated by his son and his plot powers.

The very next issue would make the feat even more impressive because it essentially tell us, Illumaniti who were controlling the events on Earth and going around destroying planets after planets to stop incursion knew they couldnt defeat Thanos.

Thanos then fights Ego the living planet, the comics actually cites Ego having fought Galactus as well as Odin, who tried to fight Thanos physically and fails to defeat him.

Ego knowing he couldnt defeat Thanos shows creates a copy of Death, Thanos stops fighting and starts kissing Death and he is dragged into Ego core. Thanos goes through the core, to the other side, rips out the giant machine Galactus attached on Ego back, and fires it at Ego. Ego felt panic and threw Thanos away fearing his death.

Just to point out Ego core is so powerful that it can actually process and absorbs entire star and it let Ego nearly become a Galaxy (planet eating stars, pff, wth marvel)

No Caption Provided

These are just some of his recent showings to back up the claim that Thanos is indeed powerful enough to simply walk all over Annihilators.

So do you still think Mongul is a match for him?

WarlordEternal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By WarlordEternal
@joshuadbr said:

@warlordeternal: Well I hardly know anything about either of these characters, so I'm pretty lost here.

Both created by Jim Starlin

Thanos is one of the top tier villains of the Marvel Universe. He has beaten Thor, Hulk, and Silver Suffer without to much difficulty. With a slight amp he managed to hold his own against Tyrant who is almost near Galactus level. He has also apparently defeated the Annihilators with pure brute force. Other then that Thanos is versatile and highly intelligent. Having outsmarted some of Marvels finest, he is a force to be reckoned with.

Mongul is one of Superman's strongest opponents. Originally Superman's physical superior, The Post-Crisis saw him drop to about the same level and loose his versatility; however, he is not only strong, but an excellent fighter. He has trained Superman for the coming of Imperiex, which unlocked his hidden potential, and even then Mongul was still capable of damaging the Man of Steel. He has also shown a a methodical mindset. The New-52 has seemingly raised Mongul to a higher standard then previously as he not only stalemated Superman, but it took two Superman-level beings to stop him.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killemall: of course he is going to comeback he always comes back to life because death doesnt want him anywhere near her. he isnt even properly immortal.

Wait What?

He came back because he was unharmed by Thor's blast. Where are you getting the idea that Thanos was somehow killed or one shotted?

I mean come on the issue shows nothing like that. Heck we later see Thanos unharmed by Thor's attack, or the same issue shows Thor losing against Thanos lackey.

if it was said thanos couldnt survive the blast..what makes it any different.

Because it was the Recorder who said it, a character who knows nothing about Thanos. And what makes it any different, you mean other than the blast doing absolutely nothing to Thanos?

It was a clone who got hit but if thanos got hit he wouldnt of survived either. but i get ur point killemall.

It was the clone who got hit, it was the clone who tanked it, and the Clone didnt have a single scratch on him.

I dont see how you jump into the conclusion that Thanos wouldnt survive it.

AmazingCurbStompMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killemall: ???

Who said he was dead i said that in regards to the guy saying thanos wouldnt survive it,he would because lady death doesnt want him dead lol.

One shotted in my book = getting knocked down and the fight being over.

I am sure that fight was over after that blast.

If not then ok whatever,it doesnt matter it was retconned anyway.

WarlordEternal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By WarlordEternal

@killemall: That's pretty awesome actually.

Nothing below PC.

AmazingCurbStompMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killemall: It was RETCONNED to be a clone for the last time and in regards to this post you just made

No Caption Provided

all thanos has is plot powers.

If he loses,he gets retconned. if he dies,lady death doesnt want him dead.

this is my point.

I didnt care if he or a clone or a shadow or an ant that looked like him got one shotted,the point i had if you read back was the WRITING.

nothing anyone has posted has proven that the writing for thanos is terrible.

AmazingCurbStompMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

@killemall: Since me saying a retconned clone got one shotted by thor sparked your plug.

How about this? Lol what happened here,REALLY, killemall

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killemall: ???

Who said he was dead i said that in regards to the guy saying thanos wouldnt survive it,he would because lady death doesnt want him dead lol.

Lady death wasnt involved in the story, and he was already denounced by Lady Death prior just as well.

And why on Earth would Lady death even give a crap about Thanos's clone? He was killed at the end of the arc by Thor amped on Odin Force + Belt of Strength + War Gauntlet + Odin shield, which clearly takes away your self made assumption that Thanos was killed or KOed or whatever.

One shotted in my book = getting knocked down and the fight being over.

Yeah so a character (Thor) blast another character (Thanos) away, specially in a fight where Thanos has no intention of fighting Thor, and Thanos isnt hurt but rather decides to go and get what he came for, i.e. The illumiation stone), and comes back, somehow translates as Thor one shotting Thanos, or Thor being unable to hurt Thanos even with a planetary blast.

I am sure that fight was over after that blast.

Thats what i am telling you, the fight wasnt over because nothing happened to Thanos, contrary to what Recorder was talking. Thanos came back unharmed, and he actually stopped Mangog (his lackey) from eating Thor, because he has no interest in Thor.

How exactly do you translate that as Thor one shotting Thanos is seriously beyond me.

If not then ok whatever,it doesnt matter it was retconned anyway.

It matter because you just claimed Thor one shotted Thanos, which is pure false, without huge amp Thor has never defeated Thanos like at all, heck has always struggled to even hurt Thanos.

AmazingCurbStompMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killemall: Once again *Sigh*

I ALREADY SAID IT WAS A RETCONNED CLONE THAT GOT HIT WITH THE BLAST.

Ok Thanos wasn't one shotted,what difference does it make? seriously? My whole point is..wait for it.

THE TERRIBLE WRITING.

The point your making about he didn't get one shotted was obvious when I said it was a retconned clone,how could he be one shotted if it wasnt him? The blast was shot off and the recorder said the blast would of killed the real thanos which in result would be a one shot.

The end.

Now if you want to go INTO the comic and tell the recorder he doesnt know anything about Thanos,you do that.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The point your making about he didn't get one shotted was obvious when I said it was a retconned clone,how could he be one shotted if it wasnt him? The blast was shot off and the recorder said the blast would of killed the real thanos which in result would be a one shot.

Which is what i am trying to explain to you that Recorder, a guy who knows nothing about the character, i.e. Thanos, saying some nonsense about him doesnt make it true.

If Thanos's clone wasnt affected by it, i see no reason why real Thanos would, given he has taken hits from Odin, Galactus, Tyrant, Walker, Ego all much more powerful than Thor.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amazingcurbstompman: Was Rocket Racoon not able to spell it out for you? He had just hatchet out of his cacoon and wasn't at full strength.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By Killemall

@killemall: Since me saying a retconned clone got one shotted by thor sparked your plug.

It didnt spark my plug its outright untrue. Nothing like that happened, and the said blast didnt even put a scratch on Thanos.

How about this? Lol what happened here,REALLY, killemall

I would call this you just randomly picking scans and not knowing the context. Having been brought back to Death right away Thanos was weakened.

Same story Thanos outright overpower Lord Mar Vell , who solo stomped Surfer + Nova Prime + Quasar together.

I mean REALLY...

AmazingCurbStompMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killemall: with writing that bad and inconclusive where it actually leaves a "What if" theory to it.

I can't debate any further.

You win,you were right.

I made a mistake.

I was wrong.

I'm outa here,

No Caption Provided
AmazingCurbStompMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
Loading Video...

@killemall: Sorry for getting something that didn't happen in real life wrong in some weird way even though the character said the other fictional character would of died from the ONE SHOT that was delivered.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amazingcurbstompman: The fictional character (i.e. The Recorder) can say all it wants. Its not an omniscient device, its just a sentiment recording device, why would his statement make a difference when what happened in the story contradicts his theory. You are talking as if anything the Kree Recorder speaks has to be true.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Thanos wrecks house.

AmazingCurbStompMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killemall: considering as i said in the earlier post. the kree have technology like ronans armor that can adapt to the power levels that are read and understood by the intelligence of the armor i see why the recorder cant do the same but ok.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killemall: considering as i said in the earlier post. the kree have technology like ronans armor that can adapt to the power levels that are read and understood by the intelligence of the armor i see why the recorder cant do the same but ok.

For the Recorder to know what magnitude of a blast would kill Thanos, the Recorder has to know how durable Thanos is. Recorder has never met Thanos, let alone know how much he can tank. He or rather it essentially has no information on Thanos or his durability.

The same is true for Kree.

AmazingCurbStompMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killemall: It's a comic book dude you expect them to say how the kree has this technology that does this for ronan? and the recorder most likely has the same technology.

It analyzes the opponents levels and determines adjustments so i am sure thats what the recorder did.

the fact that thanos's blasts have the power to kill immortals,a redirected attack should kill him.

Makes sense to me.

YOLO COMICS

Kangconquers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@comicdude360: @theking47: Silver surfer wasn't even there that i remember and so like i said. Ronan armor immunity after reading power levels ect. it contradicts itself.

Thanos hasn't beat odin,its always a draw or odin wins. and I think he beat galactus once.

he got one shotted by classic thor lol.

But ok.

Thanos has never been one shotted by classic Thor.

eternityx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kangconquers:

Thanos has never even lost to Thor in a fair fight without any amps.

Thanos owns here.

Kangconquers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By Kangconquers

@killemall said:

@warlordeternal said:

I think its the latter he;s just that powerful under Starlin.

The scans for the fight is below if you are interested, he literally walked all over the Annihilators.

Before that Thanos fought a small group of heroes, essentially using the same thing H2H and energy attacks and heroes failed to do anything against him and he was easily winning the said fight.

Thanos was then defeated by his son and his plot powers.

The very next issue would make the feat even more impressive because it essentially tell us, Illumaniti who were controlling the events on Earth and going around destroying planets after planets to stop incursion knew they couldnt defeat Thanos.

Thanos then fights Ego the living planet, the comics actually cites Ego having fought Galactus as well as Odin, who tried to fight Thanos physically and fails to defeat him.

Ego knowing he couldnt defeat Thanos shows creates a copy of Death, Thanos stops fighting and starts kissing Death and he is dragged into Ego core. Thanos goes through the core, to the other side, rips out the giant machine Galactus attached on Ego back, and fires it at Ego. Ego felt panic and threw Thanos away fearing his death.

Just to point out Ego core is so powerful that it can actually process and absorbs entire star and it let Ego nearly become a Galaxy (planet eating stars, pff, wth marvel)

No Caption Provided

These are just some of his recent showings to back up the claim that Thanos is indeed powerful enough to simply walk all over Annihilators.

I think Starlin has actually written Thanos weaker, but craftier than other writers. Thanos in Infinity is damn near Odin levels. Thanos Imperative Thanos also is shown to be well above the Magus in power, something classic Starlin Thanos never was.

Either way, current Thanos is the most powerful he's ever been, easily handles Mongul Jr, and handles Mongul Sr with minimal difficulty.

Kangconquers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kangconquers:

Thanos has never even lost to Thor in a fair fight without any amps.

Thanos owns here.

I believe that fight was also retconned to be a Thanosi.

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos kerfloppelstomps

eternityx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kangconquers:

You are correct, it was.

I don't believe that was the whole fight either, I'm pretty sure there were scans after that, I'll have to check on that though.

Comicdude360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@amazingcurbstompman: are you mad or somthing cause you're still arguing even when op said Thanos wins.

AmazingCurbStompMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

The Mad Titan.

Comicdude360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#136  Edited By Comicdude360
AmazingCurbStompMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicdude360: Good im glad.

Im actually eating rice and beans right now.

JoshuaDBr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@warlordeternal: Thanks, I really appreciate that. If it took two Superman level characters to stop Mongul then he should at least be a tough fight for Thanos, unless Thanos has the Infifnity Gauntlet. And we're they really created by the same guy? That's cool.

Avatar image for rudebomberboy01
RudeBomberBoy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amazingcurbstompman:

All your arguments in this thread make absolutely no sense.

Thor has never one-shotted Thanos, he can't. He failed to one-shot a Thanos clone, how the hell do you come to the conclusion of Thor one-shotting Thanos based off his failure and inability to one-shot a clone? How can he? His all father couldn't.

WarlordEternal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WarlordEternal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait, when did all those Thanos feats happen?

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WarlordEternal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thebourneposter@killemall

Hey guys, I don't know if this matters or not, but when did all those scans take place?

All of these are his most recent stuffs, from Infinity, Thanos: A god up there Listening and Thanos: Infinity Revelation.

WarlordEternal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@warlordeternal said:

Hey guys, I don't know if this matters or not, but when did all those scans take place?

All of these are his most recent stuffs, from Infinity, Thanos: A god up there Listening and Thanos: Infinity Revelation.

Okay, well the version being used is Pre-Imperative. Does that make any difference.

Avatar image for captainmarvelthunder
CaptainMarvelThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mongul FTW

lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killemall said:

@warlordeternal said:

Okay, well the version being used is Pre-Imperative. Does that make any difference.

I think it's been made quite clear that Mongul loses either way.

WarlordEternal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordraiden: Sure. I just like to make fights, not stomps.

cortadew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos wins.

comic_bruh777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is a stomp in favor of the mad Titan. PC mongul would be a good fight but I still see Thanos coming out victorious