Thanos vs Majestic

• 85 results
SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

The other threads of this battle were either locked or i got the "404 not found" message.

Scenario:

Thanos is in the Wildstorm Universe and is planning on destroying the Earth and Khera as gifts to lady death so as to try to win her affection. If you know Majestic you know that he just isnt about to let that happen. Majestic confronts Thanos in space and they fight to the death.

Rules:

-No outside help this is one on one.

-No blades for Majestic (itd be an easy win if he had them)

-No Infinity gauntlet for Thanos (for the same reason)

-2 fights; round 1 no holds barred fight to the death and round 2 will be strictly a slugfest. h2h combat only.

Who wins? The Mad Titan or the Kheran Warlord

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nobody?

RetconCrisis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By RetconCrisis

Thanos for Round 1.

Majestic is powerful, but Thanos is stupid-powerful. I'd put Thanos on Helspont's level, who is like the Darkseid of Mister Majestic.

For Round 2, I'm pretty sure Thanos can win again.

The highest battle feat I've seen from Majestic is knocking around Captain Atom, who is about Supes level. He was beat by Superman in the Superman-Majestic crossover, but then again crossovers are inaccurate and biased. But Thanos has knocked around the likes of Thor, Drax, and Hulk, who are all about Majestic's level of strength.

The only way I see Majestic beating Thanos is if he can make one of his single-panel, nanosecond long inventions.

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By reikai

@retconcrisis: To which Thanos looks at him and goes "You forgot to adjust for the quantum-flux coefficient." and Majestic once again realizes how screwed he is.

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5 oceanmaster21  Online

round 1 mr majestic round 2 thanos

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Uhm...

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By NeonGameWave

Round 1: Thanos takes it after a very hard and devastating fight it will be a bloody battle, however I think Mr Majestic could probably survive or pull off a win with a inventive strategy.

Round 2: Thanos should take this, but the Kheran will give him a tough and memorable fight.

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos wins both rounds, for strenght they may not be too far; but the mad titan's durability is just too good.

I'd like to see a round where majestros gets his blades.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By dondave

Thanos teleports him into a sun

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave: I dint think that would harm majestic.

kidman560

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 27

@reikai said:

@retconcrisis: To which Thanos looks at him and goes "You forgot to adjust for the quantum-flux coefficient." and Majestic once again realizes how screwed he is.

lol.

No Caption Provided

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc said:

It would, when he rearranged the Solar System, he had to submerge himself in a transmutation chamber to make his skin into proto-neutronium, to reflect the heat and radiation from the Sun and commented if he hadn't taken those precautions his atoms would have vaporized when he entered the Sun.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By SOG7dc

@dondave said:

@sog7dc said:

It would, when he rearranged the Solar System, he had to submerge himself in a transmutation chamber to make his skin into proto-neutronium, to reflect the heat and radiation from the Sun and commented if he hadn't taken those precautions his atoms would have vaporized when he entered the Sun.

yeah but in issue 2 of "Majestic" he used a star to catapult himself into the plenary

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By dondave

@sog7dc said:

@dondave said:

@sog7dc said:

yeah but in issue 2 of "Majestic" he used a star to catapult himself into the plenary

Do you have the scan by any chance?

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By SOG7dc

@dondave said:

@sog7dc said:

@dondave said:

@sog7dc said:

Do you have the scan by any chance?

just took it with my phone:

https://mail-attachment.googleusercontent.com/attachment/?ui=2&ik=c4282691cf&view=att&th=1420f654bcb145e2&attid=0.1&disp=inline&safe=1&zw&saduie=AG9B_P_1Zs413aDU1Dng89IQEvVR&sadet=1383237906172&sads=pbcL69q_UTg_GgGXeRNPZ7fIY9g&sadssc=1

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Singularity had a 2lightyear radius, 4lightyear diameter. That's large enough to cover multiple solar systems. And then it collapsed in on itself shortly thereafter. This is all it did. And it was a device he himself created, and was used against him by his Thanosi that were released without his knowledge by Atlez.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IndieComicsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave said:

@sog7dc said:

................wth?! So Majestic in his own comics..... cannot withstand the Sun? Something Superman, Thor, Wonder Woman,Silver surfer, ect can all do?

That seems... so weird.

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By reikai

@sog7dc: If Thanos grew a beard, he could use it to shave.

No Caption Provided

God-Killing dagger. Broke on the skin of a Naked Thanos. His dangly bits are more dangerous.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IndieComicsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 King_Saturn  Online

I will take Majestic over Big Purple... for mainly one reason.

SPEED

Speed Kills, and Thanos lacks it. He's durable as heck but eventually I would think Majestic could either wear him down or create something that could.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2e798651249
deactivated-5b2e798651249

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

I don't know. I've always found both of them to be overestimated on comic vine.

I think Thanos would win.

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#27  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@sog7dc said:

-No Infinity gauntlet for Thanos (for the same reason)

Except it wouldn't be an easy win because it wouldn't work in the WSU

Thanos for Round 1.

Majestic is powerful, but Thanos is stupid-powerful. I'd put Thanos on Helspont's level, who is like the Darkseid of Mister Majestic.

For Round 2, I'm pretty sure Thanos can win again.

The highest battle feat I've seen from Majestic is knocking around Captain Atom, who is about Supes level. He was beat by Superman in the Superman-Majestic crossover, but then again crossovers are inaccurate and biased. But Thanos has knocked around the likes of Thor, Drax, and Hulk, who are all about Majestic's level of strength.

The only way I see Majestic beating Thanos is if he can make one of his single-panel, nanosecond long inventions.

What Superman-Majestic crossover are you talking about? Dreamwar, when that wasn't actually Superman? Or when Majestic went to DC and beat Eradicator twice and then saved his life?

@reikai said:

That's funny but I doubt it.

@dondave said:

@sog7dc said:

Actually, he said that normally any matter would be destroyed and that he took a precaution, not that he necessarily would have been destroyed. The whole series goes on about how he does the impossible (pretty sure the narrator says at one point "majestic once again proves, nothing is impossible) so I don't hold him to the standards of what normally happens, and given that he not only uses a sun to slingshot himself, as was mentioned, but that he generates a sun with his own laser vision and then pushes it into earth orbit, I think he could handle the heat without the precaution. In the instance you're referring to, he took a precaution and was in the sun for a couple weeks. I think he can deal with it without transmuting himself for short trips, since he has.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@indiecomicsftw: he got very close to it but he dd not enter it....but regardless of that majestic has resisted reality warping before

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_saturn: Surfer can go from 0-30millionxFTL in an instant. And Thanos spanks him. Hard. And uses him as a foot stool. Along with every other Herald of Galactus. And his FTL brother Eros. And every other speedster who isn't the Runner.

Speed's a non-issue. And Majestic certainly isn't fast enough to compete if he has to use a stars gravity well to slingshot himself around to increase his speed.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By dondave

@reikai said:

@king_saturn: Surfer can go from 0-30millionxFTL in an instant. And Thanos spanks him. Hard. And uses him as a foot stool. Along with every other Herald of Galactus. And his FTL brother Eros. And every other speedster who isn't the Runner.

Speed's a non-issue. And Majestic certainly isn't fast enough to compete if he has to use a stars gravity well to slingshot himself around to increase his speed.

Speed isn't a non-issue he's had trouble catching Eros and Captain Marvel. He's around Hulk's level in regards to speed, he's not total slow but he's not going to blitz anyone.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By jashro44

@reikai said:

There is a difference between travel speed and combat speed.

Silver surfer hasn't flown 30 million times the speed of light while in combat to my knowledge.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reikai said:

majestic has flown out of the milky way galaxy and back to earth in under a year. that would put him a few thousand times faster than light. and tbh i think hm using the rig or using the star to slingshot himself was PIS.

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By WarBlade539

@jashro44 said:

@reikai said:

There is a difference between travel speed and combat speed.

Silver surfer hasn't flown 30 million times the speed of light while in combat to my knowledge.

Yeah. But Thanos has reacted to beings moving that fast, trying to bullrush him.

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc: Guys like Surfer cross galaxies in seconds.

@jashro44: Surfer has used FTL in combat and the idea he wouldn't use it against Thanos is just absurd. Especially given his first encounter with Thanos resulted in Thanos all but ignoring the Surfer's attempt at hurting him and Norrin practically crapping his cosmic pajamas.

No Caption Provided

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reikai said:

@sog7dc: Guys like Surfer cross galaxies in seconds.

@jashro44: Surfer has used FTL in combat and the idea he wouldn't use it against Thanos is just absurd. Especially given his first encounter with Thanos resulted in Thanos all but ignoring the Surfer's attempt at hurting him and Norrin practically crapping his cosmic pajamas.

No Caption Provided

when did surfer come into this? lol but anyways surfer doesnt have any ftl or nanosecond operational speed feats does he? because majestic not only flies that fast but he operates that fast as well.

http://www.comicvine.com/images/1300-2075639 here and:

here http://www.comicvine.com/images/1300-2075646

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc: Actually he does and it's been proven he does. His perception abilities also enable him to see backward/forward in time to a degree. None of it helped him against Thanos.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah. But Thanos has reacted to beings moving that fast, trying to bullrush him.

Do we have evidence these beings were moving faster then light at the time? Thanos is really powerful but he has never really stricken me as fast. I'm not even saying Thanos wins or loses just mainly saying travel=//combat speed.

@reikai When has silver surfer moved faster then light in combat? All though sometimes writers do ignore power sets for plot sakes. So even if silver surfer has it doesn't really mean thanos is faster then light. Silver surfer gets tagged a lot (maybe its PIS or maybe its CIS). So typically we only really accept speed feats if it is stated or shown how faster the character was moving on panel.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reikai said:

@sog7dc: Actually he does and it's been proven he does. His perception abilities also enable him to see backward/forward in time to a degree. None of it helped him against Thanos.

scans?

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reikai said:

Thanos can also do that, that doesn't help him against speedsters either

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc: I believe there is one showing where surfer throws a punch within a nano second.

RetconCrisis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buckshot: I'm talking about the one where there is a misconception between the two and they have a short skirmish, and Supes overpowers Majestic. I'm not sure what issue, it's been years since I've read it.

Either this one
Either this one
Or this one
Or this one
Or was it this one?
Or was it this one?

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buckshot: I'm talking about the one where there is a misconception between the two and they have a short skirmish, and Supes overpowers Majestic. I'm not sure what issue, it's been years since I've read it.

Either this one
Either this one
Or this one
Or this one
Or was it this one?
Or was it this one?

definitely not the last one. Maj all but threatens superman in that one

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave:The only speedster Thanos hasn't beaten to death was the Runner hyped on the Space gem. That's it. Every other FTL'er who's gone against Thanos has been beaten down.

@sog7dc: All over the place. You can see them in the H'el vs Thanos thread as well as several others. Like the Thanos & Silver Surfer vs I think Supes and Darkseid threads. Really, this is Common Knowledge.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@sog7dc: I believe there is one showing where surfer throws a punch within a nano second.

this entire thread was dedicated to combat/reaction speed and it was flooded with travel speed showings. there is ONE with a nanoscond punch i think you may be referring to but with the much vaster array of surfer not being that fast in comics it can be said that the nanosecond punch was PIS because there is only one showing of him using that speed

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reikai said:

@dondave:The only speedster Thanos hasn't beaten to death was the Runner hyped on the Space gem. That's it. Every other FTL'er who's gone against Thanos has been beaten down.

None of them were actually moving FTL when they fought him. When he faces people with speed they avoid him for most of the battles and he eventually manages to get a hit in. It's exactly what happened when he faced Eros.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reikai said:

@sog7dc: All over the place. You can see them in the H'el vs Thanos thread as well as several others. Like the Thanos & Silver Surfer vs I think Supes and Darkseid threads. Really, this is Common Knowledge.

http://www.comicvine.com/images/1300-1292738

http://www.comicvine.com/images/1300-1292739

http://www.comicvine.com/images/1300-1292740

http://www.comicvine.com/images/1300-1292741

http://www.comicvine.com/images/1300-1292743

http://www.comicvine.com/images/1300-1292771

http://www.comicvine.com/images/1300-1292772

http://www.comicvine.com/images/1300-1292721

http://www.comicvine.com/images/1300-1292734

http://www.comicvine.com/images/1300-1292782

http://www.comicvine.com/images/1300-1292780

http://www.comicvine.com/images/1300-1292887

there is more where that came from. if he has nanosecond reactions why does he never use them?

RetconCrisis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc: I think it was the first one, knowing how it had to be their first encounter.

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave: And Thanos was toying with him. To which Thanos still got him and beat him like nothing. Like all the times he's beaten the Surfer and Thor and Captain Marvel. This is honestly a joke. MFTL'ers with nanosecond reactions get spanked by Thanos on a regular basis, and to claim he doesn't have the reactions necessary to do this is just ludicrous.

I remember more than a decade ago on comic forums of people just flat out agreeing that Thanos has the reaction time to beat FTL'ers because he has done so so regularly that there can be no other conclusion. And yet after more than a decade, Young People are still trying to question it.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reikai said:

@dondave: And Thanos was toying with him. To which Thanos still got him and beat him like nothing. Like all the times he's beaten the Surfer and Thor and Captain Marvel. This is honestly a joke. MFTL'ers with nanosecond reactions get spanked by Thanos on a regular basis, and to claim he doesn't have the reactions necessary to do this is just ludicrous.

I remember more than a decade ago on comic forums of people just flat out agreeing that Thanos has the reaction time to beat FTL'ers because he has done so so regularly that there can be no other conclusion. And yet after more than a decade, Young People are still trying to question it.

He can beat FTL characters because he's stronger than them not that he's faster than them. Your basing Thanos speed on the fact that he's beaten has shown superior speed to anything he's shown. Hulk, Spider-Man and even Daredevil have tagged Silver Surfer,I guess they all have nano-second reaction times as well. Grundy, Darkseid, Lex Luthor, Hal Jordan have also tagged Superman I guess they have nano-second reaction time also. I don't care what happened a decade ago, he didn't have nano-second reaction times then and he still doesn't have them now. I will question it, because he doesn't have any feats that show he has nano-second feats.

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#50  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@retconcrisis: Superman has only shown up Majestic twice, once in Dreamwar when it wasn't actually Superman (just a construct made by a reality warper to beat Majestic and the other WS heroes) and once in an old JLA/Wildcats crossover, but in that, all that happened is that Superman punched Maj while he was running his mouth. Superman didn't overpower Majestic, his not-quite-planet-moving strength was used to send a 200-300 pound man flying. It never came into direct contact with Majestic's own easily-planet-moving strength. If it had, Superman would be dead on the floor. Punching someone away isn't beating them and the two called off the fight before it went anywhere because they realized they were on the same side. If punching someone is so impressive, Maj has done the same to Eradicator, and then in another fight he beats his fortress mode with little trouble (a mode that Superman couldn't beat without Eradictor himself helping out). And then later, he saves Eradictor from the pull of something like a black hole because he couldn't save himself. Superman hasn't shown up Majestic. The only people getting shown up in the issues you've presented are Eradicator, Steel, GL Kyle, Imperiex-armor girl-steel, and Superboy. Superman doesn't even appear til the end.

@dondave said:

He can beat FTL characters because he's stronger than them not that he's faster than them. Your basing Thanos speed on the fact that he's beaten has shown superior speed to anything he's shown. Hulk, Spider-Man and even Daredevil have tagged Silver Surfer,I guess they all have nano-second reaction times as well. Grundy, Darkseid, Lex Luthor, Hal Jordan have also tagged Superman I guess they have nano-second reaction time also. I don't care what happened a decade ago, he didn't have nano-second reaction times then and he still doesn't have them now. I will question it, because he doesn't have any feats that show he has nano-second feats.

And I'm basically of the same mind when it comes to Thanos' speed. And if his operational speed were really so established that it's common knowledge, it should be pretty easy to prove with mounds of evidence at a moments notice.