• 132 results
#1 Posted by the darknessss (2750 posts) - - Show Bio
   S    The two meet in a neutral universe where both are at peak power. Thanos has all cosmic cubes and infinity guanlet. Anyhthing go's,no rules.
#2 Posted by Nelomaxwell (10438 posts) - - Show Bio

Lucifer .I also think this has been don before.

#3 Edited by OmegaDynasty (9190 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nelomaxwell said:

" Lucifer .I also think this has been don before. "

It has in a sense. Lucifer will take this, like other threads that have pitted these two together have stated..Lucifer will use his cunning mind to trick him out of the cosmic cube, and infinity gauntlet. Where he will then use said infinity gauntlet to glove slap him for his insolence. 

#4 Posted by the darknessss (2750 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nelomaxwell:
yeah i looked,but alittle different,i think in an all out fight thanos could do it this.
#5 Posted by Nelomaxwell (10438 posts) - - Show Bio
@the darknessss:  Naw he can't. Read the Lucifer series again. Thanos is only but so power full. Lucifer with his wings has created a cosmos.
#6 Posted by the darknessss (2750 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nelomaxwell:
yeah i have,thanos could un-do it also.
#7 Posted by Nelomaxwell (10438 posts) - - Show Bio
@the darknessss:  And then Lucy could unmake the IG. Will power of God remember?
#8 Posted by the darknessss (2750 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nelomaxwell:
what if thanos wills this not to happen,eternity,2 celestials,stranger,love and hate,lord chaos,master order,kronos,galactus. he but wished them away with a thought,as powerful as L.M,this isnt going to be easy.
#9 Posted by rayn1984 (187 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think Thanos has any chancge against Lucifer if he has no Gauntlet.

#10 Posted by JediXMan (30348 posts) - - Show Bio
@the darknessss said:
" @Nelomaxwell: what if thanos wills this not to happen "
Are you saying Thanos' will > Lucifer's will?
#11 Posted by the darknessss (2750 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan:
thats the end product i think,whos will comes out on top.
#12 Posted by JediXMan (30348 posts) - - Show Bio
@the darknessss said:
" @JediXMan: thats the end product i think,whos will comes out on top. "
Then the clear answer is Lucifer.
#13 Posted by the darknessss (2750 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan said:
" @the darknessss said:
Then the clear answer is Lucifer. "

thanos is basically god with all that power,so its not so clear cut.
#14 Posted by Nelomaxwell (10438 posts) - - Show Bio
@the darknessss:  You've read Lucifer yes. He's beaten Gods with no powers. Thanos can and has been outsmarted. That's how he usually loses.
#15 Posted by MrDirector786 (43527 posts) - - Show Bio

Lucifer

#16 Posted by JediXMan (30348 posts) - - Show Bio
@the darknessss said:
" @JediXMan said:
" @the darknessss said:
Then the clear answer is Lucifer. "
thanos is basically god with all that power,so its not so clear cut. "
Untrue. The Gauntlet makes one powerful, but it does not grant omniscience or omnipresence. It makes the user more powerful, but not more intelligent.
#17 Posted by Killer_of_trolls (1852 posts) - - Show Bio

if it was only the IG  alone then Lucifer ftw, but here he has all the cosmic cubes in addition to all the gyms in the IG, so Lucifer loses and Thanos wins, I mean just think about it, when Doom had only one cosmic cube he K.Oed Thor and Odin together, and then made a joke out of the big G(galactus himself). 

unless this is the Lucife when he got the powerboost with Michael's powers then Lucifer stomps at that state cause he created his own universe and creatures exactly like the Vertigo God.  

#18 Posted by ThanoStomp (788 posts) - - Show Bio

Seems like a stalemate for 50/50 to me.  Thanos with IG was arguably second only to TOAA.  Lucifer also seems to be 2nd only to his father and Michael, but more or less equal to Michael. 

The IG does impart Thanos with nigh omniscient cosmic awareness.  This would likely to give him the ability to know what Lucifer's weaknesses are, such as dimensions where he is mortal, etc.  However, I agree with an earlier poster that said Lucifer could outsmart him to remove the IG from the picture. Lesser beings have done it.  It comes down to who is first to implement thier plan, and in that case, whomever is better prepared wins.

Without the IG and or much prep, Thanos has no chance.  I also don't see the cosmic cubes being of much significance when the IG is in play.

#19 Posted by baron2011 (1151 posts) - - Show Bio

lucifer

#20 Posted by Shadowglenn (582 posts) - - Show Bio

lucifer should win

#21 Posted by doomsummers (761 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos wins

#22 Posted by emperorznb (1673 posts) - - Show Bio

Lucifer Morningstar wins. Lucifer can reshape, transmute, and manipulate everything in existence at will. He had shown no weakness whatsoever rather than the death of dream were he felt melancholy, his weakness is emotional rather than physical. all he has to do is think that thanos is a squirrel xD

#23 Posted by SpidermanWins (3982 posts) - - Show Bio

Lucifer Morningstar will win

#24 Posted by the darknessss (2750 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan
thanos is omnipotent with the ig,or so it says.
#25 Posted by JediXMan (30348 posts) - - Show Bio
@the darknessss said:
@JediXMan: thanos is omnipotent with the ig,or so it says.
He's not. One good reason is that the Living Tribunal > Warlock with the Infinity Gauntlet, and Warlock was more powerful than Thanos with the Gauntlet.
#26 Posted by the darknessss (2750 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan
#27 Posted by JediXMan (30348 posts) - - Show Bio
@the darknessss

Yes, that's nice. Actual feats say otherwise. Comics > source books. I have a source book that says the Living Tribunal's power is to make suns go nova.
#28 Posted by WindCloud (2678 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm leaning towards Thanos.  With both the IG and all the cubes ?  Lucifer would be hard-pressed to beat him.

#29 Posted by the darknessss (2750 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan
look im not taking sides so stop with the
attitude,i put it in to show you what marvel wrote about the I.G weather you think its a "feat" or not means nothing to me because im not saying thanos wins ok,i just put info out to help anyone who chooses to comment on a winner,i took it as a standard truth because its in the I.G story.  Its says ominpotent in the scan i provided so if you wish not to believe it or its a lie to you fine. Write to marvel or something.
#30 Posted by JediXMan (30348 posts) - - Show Bio
@the darknessss

I am not giving you an attitude. I am bluntly stating the truth, as is my way.
#31 Posted by the darknessss (2750 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan
fine but thanos is omnipotent with the I.G,unless marvel told a lie in the I.G story line. And imo we as readers have to believe that word as fact regardless.
#32 Posted by JediXMan (30348 posts) - - Show Bio
@the darknessss said:
@JediXMan: fine but thanos is omnipotent with the I.G,unless marvel told a lie in the I.G story line. And imo we as readers have to believe that word as fact regardless.
Feats show otherwise. The Living Tribunal > the Infinity Gauntlet. LT was defeated by the heart of the universe, which is only a fraction of omnipotence. Therefore, it is just hyperbole on the writer's part. We use feats, not claims, around here.
#33 Posted by YoungThriller (746 posts) - - Show Bio
@the darknessss said:
@JediXMan: thats the end product i think,whos will comes out on top.
If it's about will,then Lucifer wins,He has infinite will.
#34 Posted by the darknessss (2750 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan
again you choose to ignore this fact in black and white,i fail to see a "claim" as you put it about omnipotent to the user of the I.G. Thanos is omnipotent with the i.g,like it or not,no claims or feats plain english states it here.
#35 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (24150 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan said:
@the darknessss:   Yes, that's nice. Actual feats say otherwise. Comics > source books. I have a source book that says the Living Tribunal's power is to make suns go supernova.
Marvel Encyclopidia.
#36 Posted by demifiend (3575 posts) - - Show Bio

Luci takes this.

#37 Posted by the darknessss (2750 posts) - - Show Bio
@dccomicsrule2011
bit of a loss why he used source book here? the scan i provided are from the I.G novel.
#38 Posted by JediXMan (30348 posts) - - Show Bio
@dccomicsrule2011 said:
@JediXMan said:
@the darknessss:   Yes, that's nice. Actual feats say otherwise. Comics > source books. I have a source book that says the Living Tribunal's power is to make suns go supernova.
Marvel Encyclopidia.
I know. 

@the darknessss said:
@dccomicsrule2011: bit of a loss why he used source book here? the scan i provided are from the I.G novel.
Novel or graphic novel? Novels are non-canon.
#39 Posted by JediXMan (30348 posts) - - Show Bio
@the darknessss said:
@JediXMan
again you choose to ignore this fact in black and white,i fail to see a "claim" as you put it about omnipotent to the user of the I.G. Thanos is omnipotent with the i.g,like it or not,no claims or feats plain english states it here.
Feats > claims. The feats shown by the Infinity Gauntlet were not omnipotent. It can be beaten, and therefore does not grant true omnipotence. 

Also, either you will be forced to concede that it is not omnipotent or you will have to admit to making a spite thread. If Thanos really was omnipotent, what chance does Lucifer have, when he himself is not omnipotent? Without prep he cannot win, and the OP didn't specify prep. On the other hand, with prep, Thanos cannot win against Lucifer. 

Spite, or not omnipotent? Your choice.
#40 Posted by Illuminatus (9504 posts) - - Show Bio

Lucifer lays Thanos out and fills his mouth with his mother's feces.

#41 Posted by the darknessss (2750 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan
graphic novel.
#42 Posted by JediXMan (30348 posts) - - Show Bio
@the darknessss said:
@JediXMan: graphic novel.
Fine. But feats show otherwise. Captions like that are subject to artistic license and often embellished for the sake of drama. All you do is keep posting the scan, but you can't back it up with feats - the feats show otherwise.
#43 Posted by the darknessss (2750 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan
see the thing here is,most people still say lucifer even though thanos was stated as omnipotent in the book,,,so spite to you perhaps,but most so far say lucifer,that was the reason of the battle for me,i dont care who wins,just want peoples opinions on it.
#44 Posted by the darknessss (2750 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan
lol,your the one who said he wasnt omnipotent so i posted a piece of the graphic novel to you,feats wise have you even read it??? he snaps his fingers and half the known life of the universe is gone,i cant post the whole book,read it if you haven't .
#45 Posted by JediXMan (30348 posts) - - Show Bio
@the darknessss said:
@JediXMan: lol,your the one who said he wasnt omnipotent so i posted a piece of the graphic novel to you,feats wise have you even read it??? he snaps his fingers and half the known life of the universe is gone,i cant post the whole book,read it if you haven't .
Yes, I've read it. He's not omnipotent. Adam Warlock was more powerful than Thanos was, and it was shown that the Living Tribunal was stronger than it. And it was also shown that the Heart of the Universe was more powerful, yet even that is not omnipotent, for it is a fraction of the One Above All. IE: It is a fraction of omnipotence.

Death can pull off the same trick and she/it isn't omnipotent.
#46 Posted by the darknessss (2750 posts) - - Show Bio

omg,,,,,look, if you have really read it you know was thanos did to most of the major players in marvel there,omnipotent wise i only state what the graphic novel says about the I.G being omnipotent to who ever has it,if you think its not omnipotent good go tell marvel that they are wrong or something,i didnt write the book.
#47 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio

Lucifer

#48 Posted by JediXMan (30348 posts) - - Show Bio
@the darknessss said:
omg,,,,,look, if you have really read it you know was thanos did to most of the major players in marvel there,omnipotent wise i only state what the graphic novel says about the I.G being omnipotent to who ever has it,if you think its not omnipotent good go tell marvel that they are wrong or something,i didnt write the book.
Feats. Give me feats that say he's omnipotent. I've already shown you reasons why he isn't. Aside from citing the except same picture, give me feats.
#49 Posted by the darknessss (2750 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan
you dont make sense,feats to show omnipotent,?? The graphic novel states it is,,,are you more of an expert than the writer of the I.G story? I keep telling you but you cant grasp it,I DIDNT WRITE THE I.G, i take whats written in that story line as a fact,its says omnipotent so it is to me,maybe not you for some strange reason.  Feats are plenty in there,,,,,,,,,destroys a planet with a thought,,,,clicks his finger and half of all the life in the universe is gone,,,,,beats galactus,2 celestials,the stranger,love and hate,load chaos master order,kronos,eternity with ease and imprisons them.But you know all this because you read it remember? Just say who you think wins i dont mind etiher way you know and stop with the childish prove this prove that,i dont have to prove anything,i read the graphic novel and believe what it tells me in it,if i dont we might as well not do the battles on here becathem use any muppet can say the books lying!!! You believe what you want,but dont ask me to prove what a canon marvel Graphic novel states to the letter,ask MARVEL to and tell its not true. bye.
#50 Edited by JediXMan (30348 posts) - - Show Bio
@the darknessss

You make a claim, you have to back it up. I already have shown you why he isn't omnipotent, mainly that he can be beaten by those not omnipotent and, when compared to more powerful objects like the HotU, it i weaker - but even the HotU isn't omnipotence, because it is a "fraction" of the One Above All.

ComicVine 101: Battles (linked in the Battle Forums FAQ thread that is stickied)

Basically, proof is everything. You’re going to have to back up everything you say in a battle thread, so do your research. Find out everything you can about the character, strengths, feats, weaknesses. Everything. 

So yes, you have to. Aside from repeating the same quote from the same source, show me why he is omnipotent and dispute what I have shown. What I said shows he isn't omnipotent, which disputes the omnipotent claim. If you have an actual feat, let me know. 

PS: And please do not resort to insults. That does not help your claim.