Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Kid_Cool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mikep12: Wally's lightning is curved and looks like a "V", whereas Barry's lighting is straight

See the difference?

Kid_Cool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203  Edited By Kid_Cool
mikep12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kid_cool: When did he do this and I see the difference. But yeah need some scans of this.

kcjr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round one is hard to say. Thanos has never been stopped before in a fight, he only loses to plot devices. If any group of heroes would be powerful enough to stop him it would be the JL.

Thanos with the power gem wins easily.

Kid_Cool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mikep12: Those pictures are enough scans. Other Wally scans is when his suit is darker.

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207  Edited By XiiX

@clownprinceofcrime1995 said:

@xiix:

Can't flash run faster that time and used the speed force to steal speed which Thanos cannot use. Also just BFRing is possible since Thanos cannot control that.

@clownprinceofcrime1995 said:

@xiix:

SS is quite powerful but it's more range of abilities rather than galaxy buster. Like transmuting matter and stuff? And the green lantern corps are insanly powerful. Isn't the green lantern ring the most powerful weapon in the universe in the right hands? SMP1M used it to destroy Solaris and put a large symbol on the sun.

As far as your first post: I'm not sure. I've never seen The Flash steal speed from someone with virtually-limitless power.

Insofar as the second: Yes, Surfer is very powerful. My point was just that even exceedingly capable characters get overblown. Nah, "the most powerful weapon in the universe" is hyperbolic. There're weapons that exceed power-rings by far. The Warlogog/Philosopher's Stone being one.

Kid_Cool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xiix: Thanos only has the Power Gem, Wally would just speed steal. Surfer isn't as powerful as Wally. JL wins 2 and 3.

mikep12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kid_cool: I meant thanos beating tribunal with the power gem.

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210  Edited By XiiX

@kid_cool: Ah, indeed. Thanks for reminding me(I've edited my post accordingly).

Avatar image for deactivated-5da8e253e9df8
deactivated-5da8e253e9df8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos

Kid_Cool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xiix: Kay, Thanos with the IG solos the JL, Thanos with the Power Gem loses to Flash.

Kid_Cool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mikep12: Didn't say anything about Thanos beating LT with the Power Gem, I only said he beat LT with the IG, I could be wrong though.

mikep12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kid_cool: He didn't. LT wasn't even phased and that's what I was referring to.

Kid_Cool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215  Edited By Kid_Cool
Avatar image for clownprinceofcrime1995
clownprinceofcrime1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xiix:

There's been so many most powerful weapons, isn't the ultimate nulifiler like super powerful?

eternityx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217  Edited By eternityx

@kid_cool said:

@eternityx said:

@kid_cool said:

@eternityx: May I ask you? Can Surfer replicate that feat? I also found a calculation on the infamous scan of the korean city rescue.

To be fair, though, him having done this in .00001 microseconds puts him so far beyond the speed of light as to be utterly ridiculous. Wally traveled 70 miles, round trip, at least 250,000 times. That’s the equivalent of 17,500,000 miles, also known as a hair over 3/4 of the way from the Earth to the sun. He ran a total of 17,500,000 miles in one hundred-thousandth of a microsecond. Multiply that by one hundred thousand to get the distance he can run in one second, and then that by sixty by the distance he can run in one minute, and then that by sixty again to get his mph. I got 6,300,000,000,000,000,000,000mph. 6.3 sextillion miles per. That’s 34,054,054,054,054,054 times the speed of light. And that’s if I lowball it and say he always carried two people at once.

That first scan isn't a feat. There are no numbers so we can't calculate his speed, plus, like I've already said it says "combined velocities", meaning it wasn't the Flash's speed alone.

As to the second one, your calculation is correct, however the writers intended that to be less than the speed of light, as they say "at a hair's breadth short of the speed of light", which means they did not intend to make him so fast, they did so by accident, thus that feat is not an accurate representation of his speed.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

You blind. My first scan is easily calculated. Light travels from moon to Earth in 1 second. Planck time is 10−44 seconds. So wally is probably a few Quattuordecillion times FTL.

The Second scan is just WIS. Can light travel 17,500,000 miles in .00001 Microsecond? The answer is no.

Are you blind? In your first scan there aren't even any numbers and like I've said a hundred times already, it says "combined speeds", meaning it is not his speed alone.

No Caption Provided

As to the second scan, I already said that the writers didn't intend for him to go at that speed, which is why they said he was almost at the speed of light, what he did in the second scan was a complete accident and not an accurate showing of his speed.

ripcurl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

There are at least 3 instances where Thanos beats Thor to a pulp with ease. He's also beaten the Surfer to the brink of death with only a handful of punches. He went toe to toe with Tyrant (in an even match), and Tyrant was able to take on Silver Surfer, Morg, Terrax, Beta Ray Bill, Gladiator , Ganymede and Jack of Hearts AT THE SAME TIME and beat them. That group consists of at least 4 planet busters, and is way more powerful than the team listed in round 1.

Secondly, Thanos took on Odin, in Asgard, and was nearly his equal in power. And keep in mind that this fight occurred before Thanos' second resurrection and a massive upgrade in power.

Third, before the most recent Infinity event, Thanos was still barred from entering Mistress Deaths realm, which means he literally cannot die. In The Thanos Imperative, Drax turns Thanos to ash, and he regenerates almost instantly.

Finally, Thanos is AT LEAST even with Darkseid in power, and there are many instances where Darkseid takes on the entire JL by himself.

Besides, round 1 is the only instance where he's in the slightest bit of danger. He kills everyone but Superman and Wonderwoman in the opening moments, and they follow soon after.

Kid_Cool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kid_cool said:

@eternityx said:

@kid_cool said:

@eternityx: May I ask you? Can Surfer replicate that feat? I also found a calculation on the infamous scan of the korean city rescue.

To be fair, though, him having done this in .00001 microseconds puts him so far beyond the speed of light as to be utterly ridiculous. Wally traveled 70 miles, round trip, at least 250,000 times. That’s the equivalent of 17,500,000 miles, also known as a hair over 3/4 of the way from the Earth to the sun. He ran a total of 17,500,000 miles in one hundred-thousandth of a microsecond. Multiply that by one hundred thousand to get the distance he can run in one second, and then that by sixty by the distance he can run in one minute, and then that by sixty again to get his mph. I got 6,300,000,000,000,000,000,000mph. 6.3 sextillion miles per. That’s 34,054,054,054,054,054 times the speed of light. And that’s if I lowball it and say he always carried two people at once.

That first scan isn't a feat. There are no numbers so we can't calculate his speed, plus, like I've already said it says "combined velocities", meaning it wasn't the Flash's speed alone.

As to the second one, your calculation is correct, however the writers intended that to be less than the speed of light, as they say "at a hair's breadth short of the speed of light", which means they did not intend to make him so fast, they did so by accident, thus that feat is not an accurate representation of his speed.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

You blind. My first scan is easily calculated. Light travels from moon to Earth in 1 second. Planck time is 10−44 seconds. So wally is probably a few Quattuordecillion times FTL.

The Second scan is just WIS. Can light travel 17,500,000 miles in .00001 Microsecond? The answer is no.

Are you blind? In your first scan there aren't even any numbers and like I've said a hundred times already, it says "combined speeds", meaning it is not his speed alone.

No Caption Provided

As to the second scan, I already said that the writers didn't intend for him to go at that speed, which is why they said he was almost at the speed of light, what he did in the second scan was a complete accident and not an accurate showing of his speed.

Really? What the writer said was WIS. It would be like me writing about a character, I wrote "He couldn't lift 10 tons" but in the panel he lifted something 100+ tons. It's called WIS.

eternityx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220  Edited By eternityx

@kid_cool said:

@eternityx said:

@kid_cool said:

@eternityx said:

@kid_cool said:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Really? What the writer said was WIS. It would be like me writing about a character, I wrote "He couldn't lift 10 tons" but in the panel he lifted something 100+ tons. It's called WIS.

The difference is that this is all in the same scan, the writers have said this feat specifically, is not a faster than light feat, they didn't expect someone to go and actually calculate how fast he was going, which is why they used random numbers, this is further supported by the fact that he has never gone close to this speed ever again.

Kid_Cool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eternityx: Just stop it, your entire argument is based on WIS. Something that happened > Something the writer said.

thanosii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222  Edited By thanosii

@kid_cool: @eternityx: ok lets put this to rest

1- in the first scan you see the bomb detonates and the is no one on the hill. This is important because if you can see the light from the hill which means that Flash was moving slower than light ( since it got there first)

2- in the second scan the mushroom effect has began to form this normally takes at least 3 seconds and only a hand full of people are on the hill

3- the mushroom has formed this takes between 10- 20 seconds

4- the writer himself collaborates the images by saying Flash was under light speed as light got to the hill before he did

The scans and the writer confirm that Flash was under light speed, only the numbers dont agree. So this feat is either confirmation of Flash going less than light or should be discarded

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223  Edited By XiiX

@xiix:

There's been so many most powerful weapons, isn't the ultimate nulifiler like super powerful?

Indeed it is. Unbelievably more powerful than a power-ring. But that's apart of the Marvel canon.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#224  Edited By patrat18

JL

clownprinceofcrime1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xiix:

Technically if the ring is wielded by someone with near infinite will and is close to a really powerful blue lantern isn't the power infinite or over?

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226  Edited By XiiX

@clownprinceofcrime1995: It's never been shown as such(best to my knowledge). Even though they're very powerful, and only made moreso by being in the vicinity of a blue-lantern, there's still a limit to their capabilities(as I said, I've never seen the rings portrayed as enacting destruction on, say, a galactic-scale even with top tier wielders like Hal Jordan or Sinestro). Which makes sense, given when more major threats arise, Lanterns usually join forces. Even before other colors of the emotional-spectrum were introduced.

They're potentially "limitless" in a similar way that Superman or Hulk's strength is potentially limitless. Arguably, or theoretically, but not actually portrayed that way(most of the time).

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Justice League.

clownprinceofcrime1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xiix:

Yeah I know but I'm talking about someone with infinite will, like if the presence used one, pointless but still, or when SMP1M used it.

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229  Edited By XiiX

@clownprinceofcrime1995: I wouldn't think so, because the central-power battery(basically the reservoir of will-power for the universe) isn't "infinite" itself.

clownprinceofcrime1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xiix:

I thought it was claimed to be infinite? Also plus a powerful blue is a huge booster

TopTierGoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231  Edited By TopTierGoat

Did someone really just say that flash was more powerful than surfer? For the love of jebus ?!?!?????

lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232  Edited By lol

thanos

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@clownprinceofcrime1995: Nah. It's basically the collective willpower of the sentient universe. While great, wouldn't be infinite.

clownprinceofcrime1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OverLordArhas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

JL one and two maybe three wins Wally and Barry throwing 1000 IMPs per second at him. Also they could BFR him into the Speed force? Plus supes various abilities and MM trying to mindrape him.

BFR a high end Energy Manipulator in a realm of pure energy. That's a good idea. ;p

Avatar image for supermanwithatan01
Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1) Speedsteal has nothing to do with how "powerful" someone is, at all.

2) Thanos is laughably outmatched here. DC handles "speed" way differently than Marvel. He's not facing someone with limited offensive output like Gamora or CIS-laden Surfer just blasting away, forgetting his own powerset/speed(?).

3) His battle with West alone would just be a repeat of his outing with the Runner (of proportions). Cept there's no CIS/PIS here.

4) This is getting old, recycled arguments with random counter arguments. Just let this thread die.

clownprinceofcrime1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@overlordargeist:

Lol seems like it but it's an energy only DC speedsters can access so even if by some miricle he absorbs the energy he still can't get out.

OverLordArhas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238  Edited By OverLordArhas

@overlordargeist:

Lol seems like it but it's an energy only DC speedsters can access so even if by some miricle he absorbs the energy he still can't get out.

Reality Gem, the most difficult Infinity Gem to wield by itself is like a child's toy to Thanos. He even controlled HOTU. Speed Force is nothing. I also think that Thanos would covet the Central Batteries more than the Speed Force. ;p

clownprinceofcrime1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@overlordargeist:

I'm now wondering if flash can outrun reality XD

But in this hasn't Thanos only got the power and soul gems?

OverLordArhas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@overlordargeist:

I'm now wondering if flash can outrun reality XD

But in this hasn't Thanos only got the power and soul gems?

The Power Gem itself is a Big Factor, Thanos can use it to AMP his shields to God knows what level so there is no passing it. Phasing is irrelevant because his shields is also mystical in nature.

The red Power Gem gives the owner access to all power and energy that ever has or will exist, since this is a Battle Forum, the PG can very well duplicate the speed force. PG also allows the user to duplicate practically any physical superhuman ability that means Flash Speed for Thanos.

Giving him SG is overkill.

Note: CIS/PIS free Thanos

thanosii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241  Edited By thanosii

I'm tired of people insisting Flash can take on anyone above herald even though he has never done it at all in his 70yrs of existence

clownprinceofcrime1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@overlordargeist:

Could Thanos react before speed steal, phasing then BFR though? It would be done in like 0.0000000000000001 second

OverLordArhas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243  Edited By OverLordArhas

@overlordargeist:

Could Thanos react before speed steal, phasing then BFR though? It would be done in like 0.0000000000000001 second

Try taking out the auto shields amp by the PG first.

clownprinceofcrime1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't they require time to go up?

OverLordArhas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos knows he is coming to a fight. It's on.

OP did not say random encounter.

Avatar image for deactivated-5da8e253e9df8
deactivated-5da8e253e9df8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kid_cool: Power gem on anybody oneshots DC earth -VIA limitless incaculable power.

clownprinceofcrime1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jagernutt:

Other than:

Superman

Doomsday

Flash

Wonderwoman

Martian Manhunter

Others I can't be bothered to list. All of those he couldn't hit apart from WW who can just block it

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Doubt Thanos can take on these guys at the same time even with 2 gems, he'll need 6 to take the speedsters down.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

League

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers